Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! 15:06 - Dec 7 with 9839 viewsKonk

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/07/the-clubhouse-opened

If you want me on a match day, you’ll find me at the Clubhouse drinking cocktails in a sophisticated environment where the subtle lighting evokes the atmosphere of an operating theatre, the polystyrene ceiling tiles, sprinklers and A/C grills pay tribute to the sort of airless room in which you might find yourself attending an IT security course, and where the chrome barstools with white leather cushioning nod knowingly to the trendy cocktail bars of post-Soviet Moscow.

This is exactly what the Cottage has been crying out for, these past 120 years. A brightly lit room where people can drink cocktails under a low polystyrene ceiling. Like drinking on a spaceship.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 15:23 - Dec 7 with 7711 viewsNorthernr

"The fully trained bar staff can offer news and insight and what going on in the world of Gin"

Is that a particularly fast moving news beat?
Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 15:28 - Dec 7 with 7687 viewshopphoops

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 15:23 - Dec 7 by Northernr

"The fully trained bar staff can offer news and insight and what going on in the world of Gin"

"We know our gin and we're not from East Anglia!"

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 15:29 - Dec 7 with 7682 viewsTacticalR

This is a world of sophistication that we can only marvel at Konk.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2016 22:58]

Air hostess clique

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 15:35 - Dec 7 with 7660 viewsMytch_QPR

The lure may be too great - I'm considering defecting.
What is the procedure? (most of my current denim is blue or black) - would I have to assume a new identity?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 15:37 - Dec 7 with 7657 viewsrobith

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 15:23 - Dec 7 by Northernr

Gin is IN. New brand to market a week currently
Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 15:38 - Dec 7 with 7650 viewsAntti_Heinola

What drinks suit other teams then?

Chelsea - White Russian?

Bare bones.

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 15:45 - Dec 7 with 7634 viewsenfieldargh

Gin, Mother's ruin

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 16:10 - Dec 7 with 7574 viewspeejaybee

And all we might offer is a " Arf a Bitter"

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Login to get fewer ads

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 16:15 - Dec 7 with 7565 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don't know if you've ever been in the away end Konk, but we just get a trough of Stella and a handful of straws.
Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 16:16 - Dec 7 with 7554 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 15:38 - Dec 7 by Antti_Heinola

What drinks suit other teams then?

Chelsea - White Russian?

'Guinness and not black'
Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 16:16 - Dec 7 with 7553 viewsNorthernr

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 16:15 - Dec 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't know if you've ever been in the away end Konk, but we just get a trough of Stella and a handful of straws.

That trough isn't Stella
Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 16:29 - Dec 7 with 7510 viewsRs_Holy

meanwhile back at HQ...

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 16:54 - Dec 7 with 7476 viewshopphoops

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 16:16 - Dec 7 by Northernr

That trough isn't Stella

well it was 20 minutes ago.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 17:43 - Dec 7 with 7413 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just bought a nice bottle of Hendricks for Christmas.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 18:49 - Dec 7 with 7322 viewsisawqpratwcity

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 17:43 - Dec 7 by Metallica_Hoop

Just bought a nice bottle of Hendricks for Christmas.

I would have thought Fulham saw us as 'Gin Lane'.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 19:31 - Dec 7 with 7267 viewsBrightonhoop

They missed a trick in giving an olde worlde authentic name. Something like the White Horse! It might have appealed to Hipster post modern irony. Or summink.
Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 19:44 - Dec 7 with 7246 viewsPunteR

Look out for Donald Cox...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 19:57 - Dec 7 with 7223 viewsstevec

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 16:29 - Dec 7 by Rs_Holy

meanwhile back at HQ...

We used to have a bar exclusively for season ticket holders in SAR. Then Briatore took it away.
Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 22:26 - Dec 7 with 7098 viewsDorse

We have a home-brew kit and we're not afraid to use it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 22:45 - Dec 7 with 7074 viewsdistortR

Konk, that bar is indescribably bad, thanks for sharing it with us.
Is that a hipster dartboard behind the blonde?
Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 23:30 - Dec 7 with 7030 viewsted_hendrix

Will Cardiff's Soul Crew be allowed in? they have quite a few top boys who are very knowledgeable on fine gins.
Those Soul Crew boys know their juniper berries.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 01:12 - Dec 8 with 6984 viewsBoston

Looks like an igloo to me.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 08:12 - Dec 8 with 6885 viewsKonk

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 15:35 - Dec 7 by Mytch_QPR

The lure may be too great - I'm considering defecting.
What is the procedure? (most of my current denim is blue or black) - would I have to assume a new identity?

Red trousers, obviously, and from the looks of the promotional material, you'll need a thick winter coat, hat and scarves. No need to adopt a new persona - just say you don't really no much about the football, but it looks like fun. Maybe talk about Will Carling and Bill Beaumont for a bit and skiing.

I like the fact that the photos promoting this sophisticated gin palace involve a lot of people wearing coats, hats and scarves. It looks like a great cosy place to unwind and relax. Stood up. In your outdoor winter clothes. In a very bright room.

I think we might be going for the Ice bar crowd:

I'm a big fan of the "Being John Malkovich 7 1/2 floor" tribute ceiling. Bit of a squeeze if you're wearing a bobble hat.

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 08:48 - Dec 8 with 6859 viewsKonk

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 16:15 - Dec 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, it sounds like things have improved on the catering front. That’s good to hear as away fans get thirsty too and even though they might not appreciate Gin, they still need access to lager. It’s very important to know your market. Whilst “The Clubhouse” might work at Fulham, with its gin-swilling metropolitans from the world of finance, media and law, it wouldn’t necessarily work at somewhere like Gillingham.

The design agency I’ve just created have actually been approached about supporters bar facilities at the proposed Old Oak Common stadium. The intention is to offer a space that will be used on non-match days and also be a destination in its own right with a unique offering. It’s a very delicate balancing act, because whilst the club are looking to attract new (wealthier) supporters and corporate clients, they’re very keen to avoid alienating the existing desperately poor and working class fan base. They want to embrace the future, whilst holding onto the past. So, what we’re proposing is that within the stadium footprint, we construct Britain’s largest flat roof pub. We’re calling it “The Footy Boozer”. A pub that can accommodate up to 2,000 drinkers with 84 large TV screens showing Premier League football, Horse racing, Casualty and Who wants to be a millionaire. There will be a meat raffle on match days, karaoke and a team of club shop employees going from table to table, offering supporters the chance to buy club shop merchandise from a large Sports direct bag. We’ll be running Meal deal/Stella & Wotsits promotions and really trying to encourage supporters to view “The Footy Boozer” as somewhere they can bring the family and then ignore them as they get involved in heated discussions with strangers at the bar about whether or not Theo Walcott is “absolute pony”. Exciting times.

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 08:57 - Dec 8 with 6847 viewsMrSheen

Modern football is great - we've got a gin bar! on 08:48 - Dec 8 by Konk

Well, it sounds like things have improved on the catering front. That’s good to hear as away fans get thirsty too and even though they might not appreciate Gin, they still need access to lager. It’s very important to know your market. Whilst “The Clubhouse” might work at Fulham, with its gin-swilling metropolitans from the world of finance, media and law, it wouldn’t necessarily work at somewhere like Gillingham.

The design agency I’ve just created have actually been approached about supporters bar facilities at the proposed Old Oak Common stadium. The intention is to offer a space that will be used on non-match days and also be a destination in its own right with a unique offering. It’s a very delicate balancing act, because whilst the club are looking to attract new (wealthier) supporters and corporate clients, they’re very keen to avoid alienating the existing desperately poor and working class fan base. They want to embrace the future, whilst holding onto the past. So, what we’re proposing is that within the stadium footprint, we construct Britain’s largest flat roof pub. We’re calling it “The Footy Boozer”. A pub that can accommodate up to 2,000 drinkers with 84 large TV screens showing Premier League football, Horse racing, Casualty and Who wants to be a millionaire. There will be a meat raffle on match days, karaoke and a team of club shop employees going from table to table, offering supporters the chance to buy club shop merchandise from a large Sports direct bag. We’ll be running Meal deal/Stella & Wotsits promotions and really trying to encourage supporters to view “The Footy Boozer” as somewhere they can bring the family and then ignore them as they get involved in heated discussions with strangers at the bar about whether or not Theo Walcott is “absolute pony”. Exciting times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024