Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feels like we are in deep trouble 17:15 - Dec 10 with 5260 viewsbaz_qpr

No leadership, no talisman, no goals. Now no confidence, no idea of a best starting eleven or formation. Top scorer has 4.

A horrible run of games coming up
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 17:39 - Dec 10 with 4330 viewsbosh67

A real lack of width at the moment, zero confidence.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 17:41 - Dec 10 with 4299 viewsDejR_vu

We've all got plenty of experience of seeing relegation teams. This is only heading one way.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 19:32 - Dec 10 with 4132 viewskropotkin41

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 17:41 - Dec 10 by DejR_vu

We've all got plenty of experience of seeing relegation teams. This is only heading one way.

No. Refuse to accept this. Take this opinion away. Not happening.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 19:54 - Dec 10 with 4044 viewscoolranger

Aah, c'mon you're exaggerating. We need to give Ollie at least 15-20 games and then decide.

That would leave us with about 10-15 games to save ourselves.

I actually now think that patience, rational thinking and any goodwill has just been squeezed out of many fans by years and years of disappointment.

I really do take my hat off to those loyal fans who continue to follow the side home and away every week.

What do you get from it?
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 22:23 - Dec 10 with 3907 viewsisawqpratwcity

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 19:54 - Dec 10 by coolranger

Aah, c'mon you're exaggerating. We need to give Ollie at least 15-20 games and then decide.

That would leave us with about 10-15 games to save ourselves.

I actually now think that patience, rational thinking and any goodwill has just been squeezed out of many fans by years and years of disappointment.

I really do take my hat off to those loyal fans who continue to follow the side home and away every week.

What do you get from it?

Nobody wants the club to get relegated, but I'd sooner risk that than play the manager lucky dip again this season. We've made a choice, now let's play that decision out.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 04:44 - Dec 11 with 3749 viewsitsbiga

This team doesn't have the bottle for a rele battle. We need to turn this around fookin quick sharp.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 05:01 - Dec 11 with 3740 viewsBrixtonR

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 04:44 - Dec 11 by itsbiga

This team doesn't have the bottle for a rele battle. We need to turn this around fookin quick sharp.

What team ? It's just a collection of way below average, vastly overpaid (compared with people who do their job properly) individuals. whats the point ? in fact the whole thing feels like a complete waste of time nowadays. Seems like the rationale of the Ltd company we all feel affinity for is to ensure a load of intellectually bereft identikit fckwits can afford a new pair of Dr Dre beats headphones each week.

For that reason I'm out.
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 05:01 - Dec 11 with 3740 viewsGloucs_R

Should have leaders, want lynch and bidwell captain's at their old clubs?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 07:16 - Dec 11 with 3685 viewsderbyhoop

Sadly, there is a pattern emerging. Concede once and the heads drop. Lack of confidence is a common theme. Where are the leaders? What would we give for a Derry or Hill to pick heads up. We haven't got a talisman to bail us out, like Taarabt or Austin.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 08:42 - Dec 11 with 3563 viewsPunteR

I think what's happening is we have bought lower league cheaper players and we are now seeing lower league results.
These aren't Ollies players either. I think its going to take time for it to gel.
No question we are in big trouble. When you start sacking managers in November,you know something is not right. I think sacking a manager when the team is midtable completely undermines the players, especially when they all seemed to want to play for JFH.
I think the other problem Ollie has is because he came in when the team wasn't doing too bad, he's struggling to find a different formula.
I dunno, its still early days. We all know the QPR script, we never do things easy.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 09:12 - Dec 11 with 3496 viewsLadbrokeR

I shave never been a big Holloway fan. He's inherited a squad that clearly has shortfalls. With fear of sounding like Holloway at the moment we need to show some love otherwise just be quiet. I'll be honest I'm finding hard to raise a song. But FFS it's 4 games.
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 00:05 - Dec 12 with 3313 viewsHooped_Pullie

I will say (as would most fans) that I desperately hope we can avoid the drop this season. In order for that to happen though, there is going to have to be some transfer activity next month : no megabucks stuff, no Prem loans, but a couple of Holloway's grizzly bastards and - just maybe - someone who knows where the opposition net actually is. If Uncle Tone totally sits on his cheque book, though, it's hard to see where 50 points plus are coming from.

If that were to be the case, then I think it's time to accept that things will get much worse before they get better. When we went down from this level in 2001, it seemed an absolute given that Holloway would stay (despite the relegation) - not sure if he'd hang around this time. More likely we'd see everybody who could be offloaded go (that's about half a dozen) and Birch would take over as Neil Harris has done at Millwall. A long, slow rebuilding job to follow. The sunny uplands, though, would indeed return one day...that's football.
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 10:07 - Dec 12 with 3168 viewsbarbicanranger

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 00:05 - Dec 12 by Hooped_Pullie

I will say (as would most fans) that I desperately hope we can avoid the drop this season. In order for that to happen though, there is going to have to be some transfer activity next month : no megabucks stuff, no Prem loans, but a couple of Holloway's grizzly bastards and - just maybe - someone who knows where the opposition net actually is. If Uncle Tone totally sits on his cheque book, though, it's hard to see where 50 points plus are coming from.

If that were to be the case, then I think it's time to accept that things will get much worse before they get better. When we went down from this level in 2001, it seemed an absolute given that Holloway would stay (despite the relegation) - not sure if he'd hang around this time. More likely we'd see everybody who could be offloaded go (that's about half a dozen) and Birch would take over as Neil Harris has done at Millwall. A long, slow rebuilding job to follow. The sunny uplands, though, would indeed return one day...that's football.

I'm sure Holloway will do a bit of juggling around in January. It has never been his style to say it publicly but i'm sure he knows which players arent up to it and who he would like around. I'm also sure results will begin to turn around under him.

I'm right behind Ollie, if anything the results since his appointment just shows that some of our players are half baked and will stay that way - others can and will be coached to improve under him.
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 16:25 - Dec 12 with 3012 viewsQPR_John

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 08:42 - Dec 11 by PunteR

I think what's happening is we have bought lower league cheaper players and we are now seeing lower league results.
These aren't Ollies players either. I think its going to take time for it to gel.
No question we are in big trouble. When you start sacking managers in November,you know something is not right. I think sacking a manager when the team is midtable completely undermines the players, especially when they all seemed to want to play for JFH.
I think the other problem Ollie has is because he came in when the team wasn't doing too bad, he's struggling to find a different formula.
I dunno, its still early days. We all know the QPR script, we never do things easy.

"I think what's happening is we have bought lower league cheaper players and we are now seeing lower league results. "

Where do we go from here then. This is what people were asking for, uncut diamonds that can be polished. Seems that is not working.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 16:27]
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 17:09 - Dec 12 with 2960 viewsPunteR

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 16:25 - Dec 12 by QPR_John

"I think what's happening is we have bought lower league cheaper players and we are now seeing lower league results. "

Where do we go from here then. This is what people were asking for, uncut diamonds that can be polished. Seems that is not working.

No idea John.
I guess we just have to wait and see if these players can improve under Ollie. I wouldn't be surprised if Ollie gets a couple of players in Jan. Affordable ones. Probably loans.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 18:35 - Dec 12 with 2894 viewsbaz_qpr

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 16:25 - Dec 12 by QPR_John

But we need a balance and the right balance we lack quality leadership and goals.

look at the stats of our first team squad the lack of goals at this level in the last 2 years is startling.

Ollie also needs a deep playmaker for his system

Rough diamonds are all well and good but you can't build a team of them
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 18:53 - Dec 12 with 2875 viewsAntti_Heinola

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 18:35 - Dec 12 by baz_qpr

But we need a balance and the right balance we lack quality leadership and goals.

look at the stats of our first team squad the lack of goals at this level in the last 2 years is startling.

Ollie also needs a deep playmaker for his system

Rough diamonds are all well and good but you can't build a team of them

Last 2 years? Take Charlie out the equation and it's been more like 4 or 5.
Our over-reliance on charlie was always an accident waiting to happen (thanks 'Arry), and then people are surprised that we don't score many when we lose him, plus the only other three vaguely regular goalscorers we had, all in a 6 month period.

People can say 'it's not working, we've bought badly' etc, but the reality of it is it was always going to be horrendously difficult to move past this post-Prem, austerity hump. People blamed the manager, when clearly, some diabolical results apart, he really wasn't doing too badly. Now it's all the players fault. and the DoF. And the Chairman. So get rid of the lot and start again - except we've been demanding fresh blood on such a regular basis now and things still don't improve and at some stage you have to think that maybe, just maybe, we'll have to eat the sh!t for a couple of years (or not, it's up to you) and wait until the slow process of rebuilding bears fruit.

Because, I tell you all something - this will not improve by swapping a manager (evidently) or playing Sandro every week (evidently) or by throwing more cash at it (evidently). There is no quick fix.

Bare bones.

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 19:03 - Dec 12 with 2847 viewsconnell10

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 18:53 - Dec 12 by Antti_Heinola

Our over-reliance on charlie was always an accident waiting to happen (thanks 'Arry), and then people are surprised that we don't score many when we lose him, plus the only other three vaguely regular goalscorers we had, all in a 6 month period.

People can say 'it's not working, we've bought badly' etc, but the reality of it is it was always going to be horrendously difficult to move past this post-Prem, austerity hump. People blamed the manager, when clearly, some diabolical results apart, he really wasn't doing too badly. Now it's all the players fault. and the DoF. And the Chairman. So get rid of the lot and start again - except we've been demanding fresh blood on such a regular basis now and things still don't improve and at some stage you have to think that maybe, just maybe, we'll have to eat the sh!t for a couple of years (or not, it's up to you) and wait until the slow process of rebuilding bears fruit.

Because, I tell you all something - this will not improve by swapping a manager (evidently) or playing Sandro every week (evidently) or by throwing more cash at it (evidently). There is no quick fix.

Trouble is mate quite a few of our fans wont renew, im getting to my limit now, im just getting totally sick of watching rangers!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 19:05 - Dec 12 with 2838 viewsstevec

Couldn't agree more.

The last thing we needed was 'Arry fckin Redknapp having the audacity to buy us a 20 goals a season striker. What was he thinking?

Much better the situation now. Admittedly they couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, but at least we've got 3 forwards who are equally fckin useless. Spreads the load, I must admit.
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 19:32 - Dec 12 with 2798 viewsbaz_qpr

I don't agree or buy into this it takes years or we have to build everything over a long time. Warnock took a diabolical side and turned it around in a year, it could have been built on too if had kept routledge . I think you can build or destroy a club in a very short period of time, and how good a striker you have is often a major factor.

Our two so called star players Chery and Luongo have 4 goals and 5 assists between them after 20 games our 3 strikers combined have 10 goals and 1 assist.

Its dire we've assembled a squad for 0-0 and 1-0 and then dumped the manager because he is boring us and the crowds are falling. It was inevitable not because of who we are but who we chose, who we let go and how we recruited. The point of having a DOF is to think not just about the manager now but the manager after that one. We are supposed to be defining a style of play, it do not take too much to look at newspaper cuttings and stats to find that JFH would be boring. Replacing him with the opposite but not providing the capability of player will lead to only one result relegation. So again sadly urgent surgery and probably breaching FFP is needed or we are going to end up in league one
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 22:06 - Dec 12 with 2700 viewsAntti_Heinola

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 19:05 - Dec 12 by stevec

Couldn't agree more.

The last thing we needed was 'Arry fckin Redknapp having the audacity to buy us a 20 goals a season striker. What was he thinking?

Much better the situation now. Admittedly they couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, but at least we've got 3 forwards who are equally fckin useless. Spreads the load, I must admit.

Wilfully misunderstanding my point there, mate, I'm afraid. Charlie was the best signing this club has made in years. Loved him. Brilliant. But we never built around him, were useless without him (the crumbling when he got injured in the promotion season was as bad as we have now - saved only by Morrison papering over a few cracks). Charlie did exactly that in that season and the following one - papered over the cracks of a desperately ordinary side. If we had Charlie now we'd probably be about 8th. If we hadn't had him in the promotion year we'd have finished mid-table.

Baz, agree with you mate, but don't trot out the Warnock took a diabolical side nonsense. It was a side in trouble because of poor mismanagement, but it was a good side. That was exactly the same squad that early the season he took over was for a brief while absolutely ripping teams to shreds. Look at this set of results in the autumn:

Cardiff 0 QPR 2
QPR 5 Barnsley 2
Newcastle 1 QPR 1
Swansea 2 QPR 0
QPR 4 Preston 0
QPR 4 Reading 1
Derby 2 QPR 4

Magilton lost the plot big time, but that was not a diabolical side - Cerny, Stewart, Gorkss, Routledge, Buzsaky, Faurlin, Taarabt...

Bare bones.

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 02:30 - Dec 13 with 2619 viewsmarkrtid

No. it feells like its Christmas

All together now !!... At Christmas time.

Hey! Rember (Remember is a hard word to spell.) the other year. Th th tha time when we played Palace and they sacked God the day before?

Where are they now?

My point is. We have always been a bit naff in November/ December but once we get done in the 3rd round at home to Bridgelandgonads FC, we always find away to get back to being a respect club.

But it never seems to go beyond that.

Do I want more?
Damn f'kin right I do, and so do you too.

Anyway, merry Christmas. I guess.
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 14:27 - Dec 13 with 2536 viewsthemodfather

we have not had a leader on the pitch for too long, there is little gumption, battle, fight or spirit anywhere in the team/squad
we have spent poorly for too long, got lumbered with expensive long contracts and the "hand picked" chosed new players have been 5hite to be truthful.
no youth players come thru or stay long enough to really develop.
if olly don't get a real war chest in january and is allowed to go for loans, we are donald ducked. well done TF who thought ramsey was an answer, cheap or not, JFH ??? maybe another new badge would help!
Feels like we are in deep trouble on 14:29 - Dec 13 with 2532 viewspaulparker

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 14:27 - Dec 13 by themodfather

we have not had a leader on the pitch for too long, there is little gumption, battle, fight or spirit anywhere in the team/squad
we have spent poorly for too long, got lumbered with expensive long contracts and the "hand picked" chosed new players have been 5hite to be truthful.
no youth players come thru or stay long enough to really develop.
if olly don't get a real war chest in january and is allowed to go for loans, we are donald ducked. well done TF who thought ramsey was an answer, cheap or not, JFH ??? maybe another new badge would help!

We had a leader but we got rid of him in the summer his name was clint hill
also we can bang on about Ollie spending money on players , but its the DOF who buys the players not Ollie

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 16:52 - Dec 13 with 2457 viewsThe_Mole

Feels like we are in deep trouble on 14:29 - Dec 13 by paulparker

We had a leader but we got rid of him in the summer his name was clint hill
also we can bang on about Ollie spending money on players , but its the DOF who buys the players not Ollie

And there lies part of the problem!

I'll be honest, if Holloway doesn't have a big say on January targets, I'm a little worried as to what we'll bring in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024