Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes and Friends 22:49 - Dec 14 with 11517 viewsessextaxiboy

About time they looked for an exit IMO .
They have presided over error after error and have run the place , the team and the fans into the ground .
I know about "be careful what you wish for " but they have created a massive unpolishable turd IMO and in desperation have charged good people with fixing it .
Fernandes Out .....
Fernandes and Friends on 09:05 - Dec 15 with 2027 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fernandes and Friends on 08:49 - Dec 15 by PunteR

It was TF that told LF that we have no money to spend, need consolidation in the championship, get rid of high earners.
It was then TF that then said " promotion is everything". Which completely changed the remit and undermined Ramseys appointment and cost him his job. Apart from some horrible results and inconsistent performances, we didn't look like getting relegated and we were never called boring under Ramsey. Oh yeh, and we wanted youth coming through which Ramsey started.

We are not totally at odd as I agree with some of that.

What do you want then, no one is going to buy the club and if someone did, who is to say it's would be any better.

What's the answer ?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Fernandes and Friends on 09:07 - Dec 15 with 2025 viewsHendonHoop

Some of the lower league gems unearthed a few years back by Bobby Gould hit the ground very well from their very first games at QPR, I seem to remember. e.g. Trevor Sinclair, Darren Peacock, Rufus Brevitt, Andy Tillson and Andy Impey.
Les Ferdinand is responsible on 09:14 - Dec 15 with 2007 viewsNortholt_Rs

Les Ferdinand is responsible on 01:52 - Dec 15 by superhoopdownunder

If the squad is rubbish then Les Ferdinand is responsible for this.
I can't understand how he continually avoids criticism when these are the players he has recruited.
Since he joined as DOF we have only gone downhill - from 17th in the Premier League to 18th in the Championship.
I understand we don't have stacks of cash any more - but we still have spent at least 10m this summer and lots more in the other transfer windows.
No accountability that is why we are in this mess.

Ok Fernandes has stuffed up but between him and his mates they have chipped in a few hundred million for their mistakes.
I can forgive them.
I find it harder to forgive tossers like Phillip Beard, Mark Hughes and Redknapp who between them wasted hundreds of millions of pounds.
Les has come in and quite frankly has not recruited well, appointed good managers and I don't see a consistent playing style - apart from a losing mentality.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 2:00]

He avoids criticism because Tottenham Les is a QPR legend of course. He has been a disastrous appointment which I flagged from the very off. The squad he has put together is toothless and gutless. For the great goal scorer that he was to entrust our goal getting to Washington and Polter is incomprehensible. This team has no goal scoring threat at all. None. We're half way through the season and our top scorer has FOUR frigging goals!!! That's the problem!!!! And our beloved DoF should be dumped now because this is his mess - not Ollie's...
[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 9:15]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Fernandes and Friends on 09:28 - Dec 15 with 1988 viewsPunteR

Fernandes and Friends on 09:05 - Dec 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

We are not totally at odd as I agree with some of that.

What do you want then, no one is going to buy the club and if someone did, who is to say it's would be any better.

What's the answer ?

For a start I think TF should stick by his appointments and let them do their jobs.
This season I think Holloway should be given a bit of money so he can add a player or two.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fernandes and Friends on 09:36 - Dec 15 with 1973 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fernandes and Friends on 09:28 - Dec 15 by PunteR

For a start I think TF should stick by his appointments and let them do their jobs.
This season I think Holloway should be given a bit of money so he can add a player or two.

Agree, otherwise he is hanging Ollie out to dry, It's LF and JFH who got these players in.

Maybe not spend much money but we do need to see if we can get some loans in then see how it goes.

Fernandes and Friends on 09:37 - Dec 15 with 1969 viewsDorse

I have nothing to contribute except to say that I thought 'Fernandes And Friends' was a Christmas album.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fernandes and Friends on 09:52 - Dec 15 with 1943 viewsthame_hoops

Some excellent posts here, Clive/can you 'sticky' this thread to the top?
Fernandes and Friends on 09:59 - Dec 15 with 1937 viewsnadera78

Fernandes and Friends on 09:07 - Dec 15 by HendonHoop

Some of the lower league gems unearthed a few years back by Bobby Gould hit the ground very well from their very first games at QPR, I seem to remember. e.g. Trevor Sinclair, Darren Peacock, Rufus Brevitt, Andy Tillson and Andy Impey.

Peacock and Tilson, yes, although that was mainly because we didn't have a fit CB at the club and they had to play. Sinclair was patchy for a while but always showed class. Brevitt and Impey were in the reserves for a long while, the former as back up to Wilson and the latter developing slowly with occasional 1st team appearances.

Every player develops at their own pace. It really depends on their own experiences, their capacity to take on new information, and also to an extent which opponents they come up against when given an opportunity (ie a player/team that suits them or not).
Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes and Friends on 10:04 - Dec 15 with 1929 viewsheadhoops

I suspect many of you do not own a business, you may have run one or been in management but not actually owned it. Those who have will know that rarely, if never, does the owner want the business to fail, however, sad fact is hundreds of them fail, every day. Whilst QPR is our football Club and we love it with all of our hearts - its still a business. Fernandes has been like most owners in a new business, finding what works and what doesn't. Sadly he's mostly found out what doesn't. Beard was never the CEO to take us anywhere except obscurity, the appointments of Hughes, Redknapp , CR and JFH have all been poor, ill thought out. Even Legend Les as DoF, what experience did he really have for that? Anyway the list goes on and in a negative direction.

If he could turn back the clock Fernandes would do so and make very different decisions.
He can't - it doesn't work that way. He has, along with his fellow investors, continued to support the club financially - they have little choice - a business is only worth as much as someone else will pay for it. At this time that's diddly squat. They will no doubt continue to support the club and in the unlikely scenario of Old Oak Common coming good (and soon) they have little or no chance to recoup their losses.

At some stage they will exit and in all likelihood that's going to be when they feel they have lost enough money. God only knows where that will leave the club.

I don't recall too many of us lamenting the day Fernandes walked in and ousted Tango and Cash, nor do we want to go back to the days of merging with Fulham, bucket collections etc. The man had a dream, he dreamed big and it didn't happen. Don't criticise him for that. He's made loads of mistakes, he paying for those mistakes - sadly so are we.

There is an alternative if you don't like the business and the way the owner is running it leave. Go and be a southern trophy hunter and join the legions of manure supporters from Surrey, worse still become a scummer. Or start your own business a la AFC Wimbledon.

Football is all about opinions, we all rate players differently, the same goes for management and in Fernades case for me its a case of the devil you know.

we are supporters, lets support the club, who knows it may make a difference, heaping more pressure on the players and management isn't the answer - people under pressure make poor decisions. we can try and break that vicious circle.

so in answer to ETB's opening gambit I suspect the decisions Uncle Tone has to make today are likely to be more complex that do I put diesel or petrol in my taxi? Be very careful what you wish for.

Snowmen can wear tin hats.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Fernandes and Friends on 10:18 - Dec 15 with 1902 viewsHoopsarrr

Ollie knew the players we had at the club, he was a pundit and would've analysed us a lot before he took the job. Stop criticising Les, he's doing the best he can with f*ck all budget. Had he been DOF during our time in the Prem we'd still be there in my opinion. Sadly Fernandes was too involved from the start which has finally caught up with us. I wonder how long he'll stick around for if we're plying our trade in the lower leagues.
Fernandes and Friends on 10:19 - Dec 15 with 1896 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fernandes and Friends on 09:52 - Dec 15 by thame_hoops

Some excellent posts here, Clive/can you 'sticky' this thread to the top?

You want this one

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/184582/we-are-doom

Fernandes and Friends on 10:25 - Dec 15 with 1887 viewsessextaxiboy

Fernandes and Friends on 10:04 - Dec 15 by headhoops

I suspect many of you do not own a business, you may have run one or been in management but not actually owned it. Those who have will know that rarely, if never, does the owner want the business to fail, however, sad fact is hundreds of them fail, every day. Whilst QPR is our football Club and we love it with all of our hearts - its still a business. Fernandes has been like most owners in a new business, finding what works and what doesn't. Sadly he's mostly found out what doesn't. Beard was never the CEO to take us anywhere except obscurity, the appointments of Hughes, Redknapp , CR and JFH have all been poor, ill thought out. Even Legend Les as DoF, what experience did he really have for that? Anyway the list goes on and in a negative direction.

If he could turn back the clock Fernandes would do so and make very different decisions.
He can't - it doesn't work that way. He has, along with his fellow investors, continued to support the club financially - they have little choice - a business is only worth as much as someone else will pay for it. At this time that's diddly squat. They will no doubt continue to support the club and in the unlikely scenario of Old Oak Common coming good (and soon) they have little or no chance to recoup their losses.

At some stage they will exit and in all likelihood that's going to be when they feel they have lost enough money. God only knows where that will leave the club.

I don't recall too many of us lamenting the day Fernandes walked in and ousted Tango and Cash, nor do we want to go back to the days of merging with Fulham, bucket collections etc. The man had a dream, he dreamed big and it didn't happen. Don't criticise him for that. He's made loads of mistakes, he paying for those mistakes - sadly so are we.

There is an alternative if you don't like the business and the way the owner is running it leave. Go and be a southern trophy hunter and join the legions of manure supporters from Surrey, worse still become a scummer. Or start your own business a la AFC Wimbledon.

Football is all about opinions, we all rate players differently, the same goes for management and in Fernades case for me its a case of the devil you know.

we are supporters, lets support the club, who knows it may make a difference, heaping more pressure on the players and management isn't the answer - people under pressure make poor decisions. we can try and break that vicious circle.

so in answer to ETB's opening gambit I suspect the decisions Uncle Tone has to make today are likely to be more complex that do I put diesel or petrol in my taxi? Be very careful what you wish for.

In my experience when a poster writes "if you dont like it go and support someone else" they dont have a valid counter argument .

Fernandes didnt "oust " Briatore and Ecclecstone " they stiched him up . They were on a massive profit from promotion , kept him dangling til the window was almost shut and Warnock had to buy from the dregs plus Barton . Then TF sacked Warnock .....

As for being a supporter I bought my first ST in 1976 , introduced 2 sons to the Rangers and have never left early or slagged off a player at a game .

I do own and run a business , its an airport transfer business . I am totally responsible for every aspect of it . I have put the wrong fuel in twice , near the start .

Guess what ? I learnt my lesson .... I never made the same mistake again .

Your last sentence though is bang on ...

[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 10:30]
Fernandes and Friends on 10:27 - Dec 15 with 1875 viewsLblock

Like it.... or liked it until you said "go off and support the scum if you dont like what TF has done" (paraphrasing)

I'm currently co-running a £10mill CAT A Fit Out job for a very demanding Client.
I cover the commercial side.

The jobs going a bit to ratshit and suffering from time and quality --- this has only recently hit home with my co-runner who covers the production side. I raised concerns 2 months ago only to be shot down.
Now he accepts the position we are in and is blaming the fleet of Managers and labour he has working for him (us) plus is demanding I throw money around to help solve the problem.

My argument with him yesterday (and he is a big old beast) was that these are his (our) Managers who he has worked with for 16 weeks, the staff on site have adopted a shit culture and dont give a feck and my budget has been fixed for months.
The buck stops with him but I'll also be feeling the heat in about 7 weeks time when it really goes wobbly and the Client doesn't occupy or get the job they want.

Ergo -- the buck stops with Bungle. He employs people, he oversee's them and he lets them go on far too long fecking up.

The place is broken.
So am I.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Fernandes and Friends on 10:34 - Dec 15 with 1855 viewsstevec

Sensible comment.

The problem with TF is that he isn't actually running the business, he's relied on a bunch of goons to do it for him. It doesn't work, especially at this club.

Jim Gregory is the template. Hands on, wheeling and dealing, his money, his choices. The much hated Eccleston although running the club at arms length did it successfully with an iron fist. Saying he didn't have a clue who the players were apart from a couple was a master stroke, it spells out they do their jobs or they fck off.

TF turning up every so often, suited up with a QPR duvet wrapped round his neck says to the type of people handling the management of the club ''let's all take the pi ss.''

There's always been something about this club akin to a kids playground. We need TF to stay but, if he does, it's got to be hands on and treat everyone around him like a cnt until they prove otherwise. The man has simply been too nice.
Fernandes and Friends on 11:51 - Dec 15 with 1781 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Tony Fernandes.....been a living, breathing, walking disaster since he walked through the door!

You can try pinning it all on Gianni, and yes, he was not the barometer for how QPR should be run, but this bloke has been irredeemably hopeless for us.

And yes, you can tell me; but he cares, he's learned lessons, he's tweeting less and he buys beers in the C&S, but the facts remain, its going to take years to rid us of his incompetence, if at all.

He lost the confidence of the Mittals years back, the new additions at the top since 2015 are because no one has any faith in him and if the worst day was his arrival, then it was compounded by Amit moving away from us. Because that day was the day common sense left the building.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Fernandes and Friends on 11:52 - Dec 15 with 1781 viewsheadhoops

Fernandes and Friends on 10:25 - Dec 15 by essextaxiboy

In my experience when a poster writes "if you dont like it go and support someone else" they dont have a valid counter argument .

Fernandes didnt "oust " Briatore and Ecclecstone " they stiched him up . They were on a massive profit from promotion , kept him dangling til the window was almost shut and Warnock had to buy from the dregs plus Barton . Then TF sacked Warnock .....

As for being a supporter I bought my first ST in 1976 , introduced 2 sons to the Rangers and have never left early or slagged off a player at a game .

I do own and run a business , its an airport transfer business . I am totally responsible for every aspect of it . I have put the wrong fuel in twice , near the start .

Guess what ? I learnt my lesson .... I never made the same mistake again .

Your last sentence though is bang on ...

[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 10:30]

LOL nice picture ETB - take my hat off to you!

Glad you feel I don't have a valid counter argument - don't really need one as you rightly point out tango and cash did stitch up TF from the start - arguing with yourself there.

please don't start on this 'my dick is bigger than yours stuff' - I didn't criticise your support for one minute. Perversely I started in 76 have two sons etc etc.

Also pleased to hear your business is going well - surely putting in the wrong fuel the 2nd means you didn't learn your first lesson? My point was you can get a very minor thing wrong twice - TF has much bigger decisions, far more complex etc etc

I appreciate your opinion and expect that same back - the world would be shyte if we all thought the same.

Fernandes and Friends on 11:59 - Dec 15 with 1772 viewsheadhoops

Fernandes and Friends on 10:27 - Dec 15 by Lblock

Like it.... or liked it until you said "go off and support the scum if you dont like what TF has done" (paraphrasing)

I'm currently co-running a £10mill CAT A Fit Out job for a very demanding Client.
I cover the commercial side.

The jobs going a bit to ratshit and suffering from time and quality --- this has only recently hit home with my co-runner who covers the production side. I raised concerns 2 months ago only to be shot down.
Now he accepts the position we are in and is blaming the fleet of Managers and labour he has working for him (us) plus is demanding I throw money around to help solve the problem.

My argument with him yesterday (and he is a big old beast) was that these are his (our) Managers who he has worked with for 16 weeks, the staff on site have adopted a shit culture and dont give a feck and my budget has been fixed for months.
The buck stops with him but I'll also be feeling the heat in about 7 weeks time when it really goes wobbly and the Client doesn't occupy or get the job they want.

Ergo -- the buck stops with Bungle. He employs people, he oversee's them and he lets them go on far too long fecking up.

The place is broken.
So am I.

Thanks L Block

sorry to hear about your pain - I sincerely hope that it comes good for you. Why do people constantly fail us...

I don't disagree with the buck stops at Bungle, I think he genuinely feels he has employed the right people only to get shafted on almost every occasion.

Ps I'm not advocating going off to support the scum merely saying its an option. Personally I would rather stick a red hot knitting needle up my ..... than move my allegiance to anyone else.

Fernandes and Friends on 12:02 - Dec 15 with 1771 viewsheadhoops

Fernandes and Friends on 11:51 - Dec 15 by PlanetHonneywood

Tony Fernandes.....been a living, breathing, walking disaster since he walked through the door!

You can try pinning it all on Gianni, and yes, he was not the barometer for how QPR should be run, but this bloke has been irredeemably hopeless for us.

And yes, you can tell me; but he cares, he's learned lessons, he's tweeting less and he buys beers in the C&S, but the facts remain, its going to take years to rid us of his incompetence, if at all.

He lost the confidence of the Mittals years back, the new additions at the top since 2015 are because no one has any faith in him and if the worst day was his arrival, then it was compounded by Amit moving away from us. Because that day was the day common sense left the building.

I would take the Mittals buying Tone out and bringing back Amit in a heartbeat

Fernandes and Friends on 12:12 - Dec 15 with 1761 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fernandes and Friends on 12:02 - Dec 15 by headhoops

I would take the Mittals buying Tone out and bringing back Amit in a heartbeat

You'd crawl over broken glass with a feather up your wazoo in Aleppo if you thought there was a chance!

Alas, don't pluck the peacock, because it ain't happening.

A few months back I was talking to a neighbour who works with Amit. Describes him as a class act and genuinely decent guy. I naturally entered the subject of QPR into the conversation and was left with both an intense feeling of regret this guy is no longer around and sadness as to why. Suffice it to say, I think in his short time in football, Amit sussed out, as we all have over many years, what is wrong in football and didn't much like it either. The really sad bit, he actually had a lot of feeling for the club.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Fernandes and Friends on 12:19 - Dec 15 with 1755 viewsthemodfather

well tf had plenty of tv time and loved it....we have had 2 dire prem lge relegations, one last day get out of jail to stay up too....there just was no plan and it all started poorly when NW was not given funds asap and FB dallied and we got ferked with swp and co...anton ferdinand ffs!!!
the roots were laid then and little chnaged, hughes given a blank cheque and seeming total control, that went well....harry stayed too long ( many many poor signings imo...sandro ffs) ramsey was the final insult and it was trying to stand on an icy mountain slope, wearing rollerskates.
still a new badge. whooppeeeeeeeeee oh and a new ground, one day, yeah right.
Fernandes and Friends on 12:38 - Dec 15 with 1718 viewsPunteR

Tony doesn't have a clear objective for his business. He keeps changing it. Its a mess.
For example, employs Ramsey with a remit to bringing youth through and consolidate in the championship. Few months later its " promotion is everything".
He constantly lurches from one thing to another.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fernandes and Friends on 12:39 - Dec 15 with 1716 viewsheadhoops

Fernandes and Friends on 12:12 - Dec 15 by PlanetHonneywood

You'd crawl over broken glass with a feather up your wazoo in Aleppo if you thought there was a chance!

Alas, don't pluck the peacock, because it ain't happening.

A few months back I was talking to a neighbour who works with Amit. Describes him as a class act and genuinely decent guy. I naturally entered the subject of QPR into the conversation and was left with both an intense feeling of regret this guy is no longer around and sadness as to why. Suffice it to say, I think in his short time in football, Amit sussed out, as we all have over many years, what is wrong in football and didn't much like it either. The really sad bit, he actually had a lot of feeling for the club.

I certainly would.

I was very lucky to meet Amit just before the Leeds game when we finally heard that we were going up. He was very passionate about the club - he certainly at that time had a lot of good feeling about the club. Couldn't wait for the challenge etc.
missed opportunity and all that

Fernandes and Friends on 13:10 - Dec 15 with 1677 viewsShunter

Totally agree !
Fernandes and Friends on 13:22 - Dec 15 with 1653 viewsR_from_afar

Fernandes and Friends on 23:04 - Dec 14 by Brightonhoop

Have to say I feel sorry for the bloke, he's been taken to the cleaners bu Hughes and co and then Redknapp, long before Sir Les turned up.

Hoos has been a brilliant appointment, ffp threat hasn't been lifted and we've got a fairly lightweight squad on much better wages, that can be improved.

It's the bloodsuckers that have been and gone and who will never be held accountable £10 Mil on Sandro etc ad infinituum. Fernandes for me is more victim than guilty. Money aside I often wonder why is still in.

Killer post, nice one.

Things go right - The credit is shared.

Things go wrong - It's Tony's fault.

Remember it's not just Tony who is bankrolling us, but he always carries the can. What future for us if he and the other shareholders pull out? Oh hang on, the next billionaire, QPR through and through, born in W12, non-Tweeting, never even watched Chelsea on TV, member of the Magic Circle, clairvoyant, black belt in soothsaying can then finally step out of the shadows and miraculously give the fans the "only" thing they want, instantly, that is:

- Financial security
- Young, up and coming players, who are hungry, with limitless passion for Rangers and mostly from our youth set-up
- Attractive football
- Success
- Spotless toilets
- Infrastructure Arsenal would kill for.

It's not all Tony's fault.

He doesn't make the decisions in isolation, others contribute.

He/the board have tried various different types of manager, many with our blessing.

He/the board have strengthened the club. Hoos is a coup, having - in Les - a director of football who genuinely cares and who has a deep understanding of top class football is a big plus, and there are signs of progress, if frustratingly slow, on the stadium and training ground front.

He/the board have also removed the bulk of the debt he and the board racked up.

He/the board/Les have cleared out most of the overpaid mercenaries who joined when the board was backing Warnock, Hughesless, and Redkrapp.

Ah yes, Redkrapp: He needs to take far more of the flak for our predicament than he currently has. Having secured our promotion, keeping him was the fair and honourable thing to do, but boy did it backfire, and now we are reaping that meagre harvest. I reckon almost any manager with a bit of passion and a modicum of ability could've done a better job of trying to keep us up.

Instead, we got an obstinate, greedy, self-obsessed, lazy, over the hill dinosaur who managed to put the team at a psychological disadvantage from the outset with his talk of "bonus games"; Joey also played a part in that scandal. I lay a lot of blame for where we are at Redkrapp's feet. We got a second chance in the Premiership, miraculously, then Redkrapp blew it for us because he was more interested in easy street and his own ego than QPR, his generous employer.

We are in a mess and looking vulnerable but some progress has been made and the failures are not Tony's alone. There is no easy road to success or every club would be taking it. The club - board and players - need our support now more than ever. Let's get behind them and see where it takes us. At least we'd enjoy the ride more, if we made ourselves a formidable 12th man, at games and at other times. In fact, I can see signs of quite a few fans gritting their teeth and upping their support, perhaps because they realise that the board is trying lots of different approaches in an earnest attempt to make our club a success.

You Rsssssss
RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fernandes and Friends on 13:38 - Dec 15 with 1615 viewsBluce_Ree

This is a tricky one.

We've had Richard Thompson - c*nt

Chris Wright - clueless but enthusiastic but without the funds to really make a difference

Briatore and co - c*nts

At that point we were going through managers like no-one's business, the club had gone full ponce but we still weren't spending money on players (maybe a bit on wages but we were full of freebie shite).

TF came in, backed the manager, has changed some things back. Then all the fans turned into a f**king accountant and wanted to lose the expensive players, he's done that. Look how lean we are now.

He can't win. He's a bit shite for sure but he can't win. Because we can't win. Because we are cursed.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024