Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst managerial start? 17:05 - Dec 27 with 4906 viewsMonahoop

I've supported QPR since 1968 and I'm wracking my brains as to who has the accolade of worst start to when taking charge of the club since then. I Know this is Holloway's second stint in charge at the R's ( he didn't have a good start the first time, but circumstances at the club were different then) but six defeats out of seven doesn't look too clever capped with the club forgetting where the opponent's goal is. Troubling times me thinks. Either the players are not responding to Holloway's tactics or intentions or he is simply not fit for management anymore as was evident at Palace and Millwall. I for one distrust second helpings from former bosses. I was hoping things might improve a bit and was willing to give him a chance, but my original thoughts look like they could be answered. I hope I'm wrong.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Worst managerial start? on 17:12 - Dec 27 with 4882 viewsBoston

Could someone please pass Mr Holloway his sword, he appears to be falling over.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Worst managerial start? on 17:15 - Dec 27 with 4870 viewsichbinnaughty

Wrong appointment in the first place.
Not that hiring and firing is the solution, but i don't think Ollie is or has been the right man.
We should be hoping he does the gallant thing and resigns; and then we try to secure Rowett.
Christ I'd even take Pardew.
My apathy levels are plumbing new depths.
Worst managerial start? on 17:17 - Dec 27 with 4859 viewsRangersw12

Didn't Gerry Francis start poorly and took about 10 games for a first win which was away at Luton when we were bottom of the table
Worst managerial start? on 17:19 - Dec 27 with 4844 viewsBrixtonR

Worst managerial start? on 17:17 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

Didn't Gerry Francis start poorly and took about 10 games for a first win which was away at Luton when we were bottom of the table

No, his first game was a 1-1 draw away to Arsenal. We should have won 1-0 but they scored in extra extra extra fckin time plus da fckin change
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 17:21]
Worst managerial start? on 17:22 - Dec 27 with 4820 viewsRangersw12

Worst managerial start? on 17:19 - Dec 27 by BrixtonR

No, his first game was a 1-1 draw away to Arsenal. We should have won 1-0 but they scored in extra extra extra fckin time plus da fckin change
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 17:21]

Yeah I remember that but his first win was Luton away

Let's hope this run is a bit like 1990 run under Don Howe and we turn it around with a Peacock , Tilson and Rufus type signings !!
Worst managerial start? on 17:27 - Dec 27 with 4794 viewsBrightonhoop

I wasn't convinced by his Appointment but you back the man in the hot seat, but I haven't had much faith in appointments ever since Warnock was sacked, so it was nothing new.
In his defence, it's not his squad, confidence was shot long before he turned up and love Bircham but he didn't hit the ground running with a proper set up so he is guilty for some of the malaise.
Easy with hindsight to say that bad planning lead to Clint, Ale and others leaving at the same time with no proven replacements in place to take over.
Les has to take some of that blame as DoF but I think Fernandes handling has become more erratic, talking consolidation then romotion because there was a sniff of the lay-offs last season at some oint. I think that's understandable given the terrible losses we've made, awful buys on silly contracts and wages, so it's far from all Ollies fault, and there's no one going to come in and sort it out.
I dont want Fernandes to go by the way just get a grip on the situation and talk us through the current situation with FFP, monies, objectives, strategies, the future of the Club and where we are headed. With no bull, just details and achievable objectives, stability being number one priority. I've never known us call for a Managers head so soon, Paul Hart aside, there is something very wrong going on.
Worst managerial start? on 17:34 - Dec 27 with 4770 viewsBrixtonR

Worst managerial start? on 17:22 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

Yeah I remember that but his first win was Luton away

Let's hope this run is a bit like 1990 run under Don Howe and we turn it around with a Peacock , Tilson and Rufus type signings !!

I really really hope so M8.

But I'm really sorry to say that I'm afraid he is just continuing how he was at Wall, he was beyond clueless in that second season after spending alot of money for them. Far worse than Hughes at Rangers. He looked a shell of a man and I'm really worried he hasn't recovered
i'm not doing a BostonR in wanting him out (yet) or anything but I take alot of interest in Millwall so saw first hand the car crash there, hence why being wary of his appointment well before he was in the frame . That said he done it with Blackpool and palace after a break and in theory was better than anyone on the shortlist except Pearson maybe, and I was seriously inspired by his initial interviews and really want him to succeed.

If it's any help Don Howe lost 9 in a row I think and we turned it round.
Worst managerial start? on 17:39 - Dec 27 with 4749 viewsFloridaR

Ollies tactics are skew-wiff imo.
1st goal today was all on him,
Was waiving his arms about telling our players to go wide and move off on our throw, Brighton won possession and 1 pass into space, shot on goal 1-0

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Login to get fewer ads

Worst managerial start? on 17:55 - Dec 27 with 4695 viewsBrixtonR

Worst managerial start? on 17:39 - Dec 27 by FloridaR

Was waiving his arms about telling our players to go wide and move off on our throw, Brighton won possession and 1 pass into space, shot on goal 1-0

That's seriously worrying mate cos when he was at Millwall all the Wall fans I know said he did stuff like that and confused the players so they didn't know what they were doing. They ended up like Rabbits in headlights scared before they got on the pitch and with the wall crowd that's a recipe for disaster. Scary thing is it's the same at Loftus Road with us so close to the pitch.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 17:57]
Worst managerial start? on 17:58 - Dec 27 with 4680 viewsToast_R

Worst managerial start? on 17:17 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

So did Alex Ferguson apparently. Is Mark Robbins available this January?
Worst managerial start? on 18:06 - Dec 27 with 4647 viewsDejR_vu

Worst managerial start? on 17:27 - Dec 27 by Brightonhoop

I wasn't convinced by his Appointment but you back the man in the hot seat, but I haven't had much faith in appointments ever since Warnock was sacked, so it was nothing new.
In his defence, it's not his squad, confidence was shot long before he turned up and love Bircham but he didn't hit the ground running with a proper set up so he is guilty for some of the malaise.
Easy with hindsight to say that bad planning lead to Clint, Ale and others leaving at the same time with no proven replacements in place to take over.
Les has to take some of that blame as DoF but I think Fernandes handling has become more erratic, talking consolidation then romotion because there was a sniff of the lay-offs last season at some oint. I think that's understandable given the terrible losses we've made, awful buys on silly contracts and wages, so it's far from all Ollies fault, and there's no one going to come in and sort it out.
I dont want Fernandes to go by the way just get a grip on the situation and talk us through the current situation with FFP, monies, objectives, strategies, the future of the Club and where we are headed. With no bull, just details and achievable objectives, stability being number one priority. I've never known us call for a Managers head so soon, Paul Hart aside, there is something very wrong going on.

The buck stop fairly and squarely with LF when it comes to football personnel issues.

Without question he has done well ridding the club of the hangers-on that needed to be moved on. But that's only half the job. They have to be replaced with players that are good enough individually and collectively. I still don't really know how good or bad these players are, but judging by his record when it comes to managerial appointments, I'm not sure we can have a great deal of confidence. That being said, simply by the law of averages, you must turn up a gem every now and then. Smithies apart, what gems do we have? On balance though, I think it's more likely than not that at least some are badly underperforming (Bidwell was far better at Brentford, same as Cousins at Charlton) so it's more to do with poor management/coaching. As DoF, managerial appointments must be down to LF.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Worst managerial start? on 19:52 - Dec 27 with 4481 viewsbaz_qpr

Lined up first game 3-5-2 switched to 4-4-2 diamond after sending off, created a bundle of chance won game

6 following games played variants of 4-3-3 /4-5-1 Dominated midfield and possession for spells Lost all 5 games scored once barely create a chance a game

go figure
Worst managerial start? on 23:44 - Dec 27 with 4269 viewsdaveB

Worst managerial start? on 17:39 - Dec 27 by FloridaR

So all on Holloway that Onouha couldn't turn and track his man and all on Holloway that we can't keep possession from a throw in. Always down to the manager never the players
Worst managerial start? on 00:40 - Dec 28 with 4213 viewsBrixtonR

Worst managerial start? on 23:44 - Dec 27 by daveB

So all on Holloway that Onouha couldn't turn and track his man and all on Holloway that we can't keep possession from a throw in. Always down to the manager never the players

No but a good manger inspires confidence and at the moment that isn't happening unfortunately.

I'm worried for him after what happened at Millwall as in my earlier post and if you look on Millwallonline website to the time he was there. I hope that was an aberration and we get the Holloway who was at Blackpool but it is a worrying read. I got to be made to look really stupid as when he joined them I was telling every Millwall fan I know he would become a legend there !

Your quite right of course it's down to the players as well lets be honest a lot (not all) of these overpaid self obsessed narcissistic average rude boy (based on how Rowan Vine et al behaved posting pictures of boots full of money) only care about the next pair of Beats headphones (Bose or Sennheissier are far better soundwise so I'm not sure if some of them can actually hear properly! ) or botox injected silicone jacking vacuous money grabbers they probably can't satisfy based on the way they play football lol
In all seriousness it must be very difficult for a manager like Holloway who relies heavily on his infectious enthusiasm and motivation to get through to a lot of players these days.

To be honest football hooliganism .....................................
Which is obviously wrong and sentences are going to be longer than a fight outside a pub as a deterrent but whether they should be getting longer sentences than these lovely people who will obviously be rehabilitated and realise its 2016 rather than 1438 , well I'm not too sure ?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/dailymail-online/9nblggh67jjh

...................digression over ..... Maybe the zeitgeist should be redefined and the hooligans should attack the players every week. OK I really am only joking on that but most fans of other clubs are the same as us whereas the players these days seem to be divorced from reality with seriously average players earning ridiculous sums along with their scummy agents basically taking the game for everything they can. I find myself (and going to the games and reading the boards I don't think I'm the only one) having no time or patience and getting seriously angry when a so called professional doesn't seem to be putting in any effort. By that I don't just mean trying on the pitch but actually looking like they spend the week improving themselves or at least being able to do the basics.
What I'm saying not particularly well is that I can see why so much hate is directed against a clubs own players rather than fans of other teams as in the past.
Everything is about a pendulum and at present the pendulum has gone massively to far the wrong way against the clubs to the players.

Millwallonline Holloway thread...Interesting as we would probably have a similar thread if Redknapp went to Swansea and actually did when Hughes went to Stoke........
http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=122372&

Edited for gratuitous swearing, spelling, poor sentence construction and ranting that took away from the point (such as there is a point lol)
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 14:40]
Worst managerial start? on 14:37 - Dec 28 with 3947 viewsFredManRave

If I remember rightly Stewart Houston *shiver* had a poor start to his first 41 games in charge.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Worst managerial start? on 14:48 - Dec 28 with 3934 viewsdaveB

Confidence comes from within, you could have the best manager in the world motivating you but if you are down on yourself and out of form you will make mistakes, happens at even the best clubs in the world.
Worst managerial start? on 16:35 - Dec 28 with 3873 viewsPinnerPaul

Worst managerial start? on 23:44 - Dec 27 by daveB

Always the same Dave, its what I said when most wanted JFH to go.
Worst managerial start? on 18:03 - Dec 28 with 3832 viewsDylanP

Worst managerial start? on 19:52 - Dec 27 by baz_qpr

Lined up first game 3-5-2 switched to 4-4-2 diamond after sending off, created a bundle of chance won game

6 following games played variants of 4-3-3 /4-5-1 Dominated midfield and possession for spells Lost all 5 games scored once barely create a chance a game

go figure

We won that first game because we were playing against 10 men.

I think it is safe to say that the particular formation was not the key thing.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Worst managerial start? on 16:00 - Dec 29 with 3684 viewscoolranger

Are people really that surprised?

I was shot down in flames three weeks ago for suggesting Ollie was 'hanging by a thread'... far too soon etc. IMHO he was a cop out appointment to begin with. And now we are staring at six consecutive defeats and one goal in about two months...

TF may very well have to go elsewhere to save the club, because three more consecutive defeats without even a goal and I believe QPR will break a 130 year old league record to place alongside that FA Cup record.
Worst managerial start? on 18:44 - Dec 29 with 3601 viewswelwynranger

Worst managerial start? on 14:37 - Dec 28 by FredManRave

If I remember rightly Stewart Houston *shiver* had a poor start to his first 41 games in charge.

You beat me to it. I was just about to quote the Kick up the Rs headline of the time.
Houston we have a problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024