Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlong 22:04 - Jan 12 with 4996 viewsbaz_qpr

Those loans have done him some real good. Was outstanding on the night and only pipped for MOTM by Pavel. Great partnership potential there. Thought whole team was excellent. Best performance of the season maybe
Furlong on 22:06 - Jan 12 with 4378 viewsBerkoRanger

Agree.
Furlong on 22:08 - Jan 12 with 4335 viewsDWQPR

Holloway has to keep him in the side, best right back performance of the season by a long way. Hopefully Perch can have a lovely long spell on the bench.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Furlong on 22:08 - Jan 12 with 4332 viewsjoolsyp

Agreed and let's hope he forms a solid partnership with Pavel on the right hand side.
Furlong on 22:08 - Jan 12 with 4332 viewsWestonsuperR

Totally agree with all of this, great stuff against a very strong team.
Furlong on 22:15 - Jan 12 with 4227 viewsHunterhoop

Excellent. Huge improvement on Perch.

As someone said, excellent link up between him and Pawel.
Furlong on 22:15 - Jan 12 with 4219 viewsstevec

He was good, very good.
Furlong on 22:22 - Jan 12 with 4124 viewsaston_hoop

Perch isn't getting near the team again on the basis of that. I hope if he has a few bad games and people are tempted to get on his back, they remember this performance and remember that he is a young lad with some great potential!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Furlong on 22:26 - Jan 12 with 4064 viewsDWQPR

Furlong on 22:22 - Jan 12 by aston_hoop

Perch isn't getting near the team again on the basis of that. I hope if he has a few bad games and people are tempted to get on his back, they remember this performance and remember that he is a young lad with some great potential!

I don't think that will happen. I thought that Furlong was badly let down by Ramsey in the PL firstly not giving him enough protection against Sanchez at home to Arsenal and then away to Palarse when he was given SWP as support against Bollasi. After that he was dropped. Up until then he looked a decent prospect. The lad will grow into a very good player, great going forward and sent in some excellent crosses and nows how to get close to a winger. Seems happy to take that extra bit of time on the ball as well.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Furlong on 22:28 - Jan 12 with 4023 viewsmakaveli1882

Making him man mark Akexis Sanches (spelling) aged 6 and half years old wasn't the best move from our club

Good luck to him
Furlong on 22:29 - Jan 12 with 4009 viewsBklynRanger

He should've been at least back-up all season, even an idiot like me knows that.
Furlong on 22:32 - Jan 12 with 3975 viewsOakR

Big difference when you actually get some help from the winger in front of you and that winger is quite direct so keeps their defence on the back foot to an extent. He certainly appears to suit the way we played tonight, and looked confident.

They look a great combo on the right.

Great to see us breaking so quickly and directly tonight.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Furlong on 22:48 - Jan 12 with 3882 viewsCFW

Said at half time we looked so much better with a proper right back and backed up with a quality wide player. They did get a few crosses in towards the end as he tired but that is being very picky - well played son.
Furlong on 23:00 - Jan 12 with 3794 viewsCamberleyR

Hmmm...Not what you were saying a couple of weeks ago baz....

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Furlong on 23:05 - Jan 12 with 3749 viewsbrewers_hoop

Been banging on about Furlong for a while now. Was impressed with him in the Prem but he was hung out to dry against Arsenal and Palace. Was unhappy he was loaned out to Swindon but in hindsight maybe it's done him some good. Definitely have him over Perch any day of the week.
Furlong on 23:11 - Jan 12 with 3704 viewsWatford_Ranger

I'm not a Perch fan at all but he's adequate cover across the defence. Currently we have no defender on the bench. Furlong forever.
Furlong on 23:11 - Jan 12 with 3697 viewsconnell10

motm for me, brilliant display from the kid!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Furlong on 23:15 - Jan 12 with 3658 viewsHunterhoop

Two Furlongs, there's only two Furlongs!
Furlong on 23:19 - Jan 12 with 3623 viewsCamberleyR

Furlong on 23:15 - Jan 12 by Hunterhoop

Good to see Furlong - 29 in the QPR team again.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Furlong on 23:22 - Jan 12 with 3587 viewsHunterhoop

Furlong on 23:19 - Jan 12 by CamberleyR

Good to see Furlong - 29 in the QPR team again.

I know. I noticed he picked his Dad's number. Good lad.
Furlong on 23:54 - Jan 12 with 3468 viewsbaz_qpr

True, but IMHO looked every bit the real deal and as I said in the OP those loans have done the World of good. Loaned out a boy, returned a man
Furlong on 23:57 - Jan 12 with 3459 viewsTW_R

Furlong on 23:15 - Jan 12 by Hunterhoop

Is that what you're going to be singing at the races in a few weeks?
Furlong on 00:53 - Jan 13 with 3358 viewssimmo

Positionally naive on a few rare occasions and we have to accept he will still have the odd faulter, but hes an actual bona-fide modern full back and if you get a winger supporting him defensively he will do his overlapping duties better than anyone else at the club. Credit to those that gave him the experience he needed and let's hope he keeps his place for next week and the very long term.

Also, as a side point, it's fúckin lovely to see the son of a former hero like Furlong playing for QPR - adds that little bit more of what rangers is all about.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Furlong on 01:05 - Jan 13 with 3344 viewsNorthernr

Right side of our team took them apart tonight, big reason we won - Furlong and Pawel the Pole.
Furlong on 01:07 - Jan 13 with 3340 viewsBoston

Furlong on 00:53 - Jan 13 by simmo

Positionally naive on a few rare occasions and we have to accept he will still have the odd faulter, but hes an actual bona-fide modern full back and if you get a winger supporting him defensively he will do his overlapping duties better than anyone else at the club. Credit to those that gave him the experience he needed and let's hope he keeps his place for next week and the very long term.

Also, as a side point, it's fúckin lovely to see the son of a former hero like Furlong playing for QPR - adds that little bit more of what rangers is all about.

...not forgetting tits, bums and roll your own cigarettes.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Furlong on 01:15 - Jan 13 with 3327 views1BobbyHazell

Was watching him closely in regard to stopping the cross coming in. He gets closer to his man than Perch who often stands back cone-like offering a free chance to cross. Furlong made his man work for the space to get it in. Got beaten to the byline a couple of times late on when he was tiring but he was a real improvement on Perch in that area.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 1:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024