Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chester FC v Wrexham 15:52 - Jan 21 with 5443 viewsunion_jack

Sorry to talk about something other than our glorious win today but why is this game being branded the North Wales Derby.

I'm sure Chester, as a city, is in England (though I may be wrong but the ground is in Wales). They are an English club surely.

??

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Chester FC v Wrexham on 16:09 - Jan 21 with 4736 viewsABERSWAN

Your right,I was thinking the same. It should be known as the border derby.
Chester FC v Wrexham on 16:34 - Jan 21 with 4689 viewsWxmJax

Not heard it being called that up here. Must be a South Wales thing, unless the person that coined the phrase is a bit twp.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Chester FC v Wrexham on 16:37 - Jan 21 with 4670 viewsJack_Kass

The ground straddles the border so technically some of it is in Wales

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Chester FC v Wrexham on 16:40 - Jan 21 with 4654 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chester FC v Wrexham on 16:37 - Jan 21 by Jack_Kass

Yeh. Plus Chester is a very Welsh influenced City and the supporters of both clubs consider it a derby.
Are BBC and ITV Cardiff giving this any airtime?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Chester FC v Wrexham on 16:55 - Jan 21 with 4611 viewsunion_jack

Chester FC v Wrexham on 16:34 - Jan 21 by WxmJax

Not heard it being called that up here. Must be a South Wales thing, unless the person that coined the phrase is a bit twp.

It's being called this on Sky Sports (Jeff Stelling).

Chester FC v Wrexham on 17:00 - Jan 21 with 4584 viewsRancid

It should be called the Irrelevant Border derby.Christ even those mugwumps up the road have the decency to call the Bristol City game the Severnside derby.
Chester FC v Wrexham on 17:02 - Jan 21 with 4556 viewsperchrockjack

Part of sealand rd is. They hate the welsh

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Chester FC v Wrexham on 17:04 - Jan 21 with 4542 viewsmonmouth

Chester FC v Wrexham on 17:00 - Jan 21 by Rancid

It should be called the Irrelevant Border derby.Christ even those mugwumps up the road have the decency to call the Bristol City game the Severnside derby.

Aye I was just thinking it should be called the 'no one gives a solitary flying f**k derby'

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Chester FC v Wrexham on 17:25 - Jan 21 with 4496 viewsbritferry

Chester FC v Wrexham on 16:37 - Jan 21 by Jack_Kass

I think all of the pitch is, the club house isnt, here you go:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/53%C2%B011'21.1%22N+2%C2%B055'25.7%22W/@53.189

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Chester FC v Wrexham on 17:29 - Jan 21 with 4462 viewsWxmJax

Only 12 miles apart and throw in the Welsh/English aspect and it's a tasty derby. Bubble match, coaches left at 1.30pm for the short journey. Chester have a big following from along the north east coast of Wales around Connah's Quay/Flint/Saltney due to it's proximity and for this reason many that live there were born in Chester, Michael Owen being one example.

Chester FC v Wrexham on 17:44 - Jan 21 with 4417 viewsKilkennyjack

The cross border derby. Its a real old fashioned football hatred. Brilliant.

Beware of the Risen People

Chester FC v Wrexham on 17:48 - Jan 21 with 4389 viewsperchrockjack

Yeah but most of quai Connah and shotton is Liverpool Everton country.

W@nkers

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Chester FC v Wrexham on 17:49 - Jan 21 with 4390 viewsunion_jack

Chester FC v Wrexham on 17:44 - Jan 21 by Kilkennyjack

The cross border derby. Its a real old fashioned football hatred. Brilliant.

That's what Rob Phillips just called it. Seems a much more accurate description.

Chester FC v Wrexham on 19:16 - Jan 21 with 4297 viewsmorningstar

Isn't there still some Ancient law in Chester that allows people to kill Welshmen within the City boundaries at certain times provided they use a bow and arrow?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Chester FC v Wrexham on 19:19 - Jan 21 with 4279 viewsunion_jack

Chester FC v Wrexham on 19:16 - Jan 21 by morningstar

Isn't there still some Ancient law in Chester that allows people to kill Welshmen within the City boundaries at certain times provided they use a bow and arrow?

Best way to find out is put it the test.

I'll see if I can get Trampie up there sometime soon!

Chester FC v Wrexham on 19:44 - Jan 21 with 4217 viewsAl_Bundy

Big derby in the 80's very violent at times.

Used to work with a guy who was in their Chester 125 firm , they really hate the Welsh
Chester FC v Wrexham on 19:49 - Jan 21 with 4196 viewsWxmJax

Chester FC v Wrexham on 19:16 - Jan 21 by morningstar

Only after midnight on a Sunday, providing it's with a bow and arrow and within the city walls.

Chester FC v Wrexham on 20:17 - Jan 21 with 4131 viewsFieryJack

This reminds me of something even weirder: the Welsh League team called New Saints.

Originally they were llantsanffraid FC & played their matches in their home village in Powys. Later they became known as TNS & at some point applied to play their home matches at Chester City's Deva Stadium (which is in Wales) but now play their home games in England at Oswestry.

Confused.com, or what?

Fair play to them though, they've won the Welsh League 10 times in the last 13 seasons and, an even greater achievement, usurped Ajax's record run of consecutive wins for a "top flight" club by winning their 27th game in a row.

Reckon if they were in the English pyramid they'd be in the Conference by now!
Chester FC v Wrexham on 20:27 - Jan 21 with 4091 viewsFieryJack

Another side note: I can remember about 10 or so years ago when we were in League 1 or 2 going to Chester & seeing how scuzzy some of their fans are. Half a dozen of their "top boys" hanging around the car park before the game started giving a rotund Swans fan a beating in front of his terrified wife & screaming kids.

Verminous cowards.

Luckily a handful of our lads, queuing at the turnstiles, charged over and chased and beat these Chester hard men all over the car park.

Masses of police outside after the game...if they'd been there before the game now would have happened.
Chester FC v Wrexham on 20:29 - Jan 21 with 4079 viewsFieryJack

Chester FC v Wrexham on 20:27 - Jan 21 by FieryJack

Another side note: I can remember about 10 or so years ago when we were in League 1 or 2 going to Chester & seeing how scuzzy some of their fans are. Half a dozen of their "top boys" hanging around the car park before the game started giving a rotund Swans fan a beating in front of his terrified wife & screaming kids.

Verminous cowards.

Luckily a handful of our lads, queuing at the turnstiles, charged over and chased and beat these Chester hard men all over the car park.

Masses of police outside after the game...if they'd been there before the game now would have happened.

Not "now" - "nowt"!
Chester FC v Wrexham on 20:39 - Jan 21 with 4051 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chester FC v Wrexham on 20:27 - Jan 21 by FieryJack

Verminous cowards.

Was it a play off semi perchie or has this cobra beer in this magnificent curry house clouded my memory ???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Chester FC v Wrexham on 20:54 - Jan 21 with 4006 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chester is a lovely city.

"You're Welsh and you know you are".

Is what we used to sing at them.

Poll: Tory leader

Chester FC v Wrexham on 21:08 - Jan 21 with 3965 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chester FC v Wrexham on 20:54 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

Chester is a lovely city.

"You're Welsh and you know you are".

Is what we used to sing at them.

Sing it to perchie lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Chester FC v Wrexham on 21:22 - Jan 21 with 3919 viewsEvanski

Chester FC v Wrexham on 16:55 - Jan 21 by union_jack

It's being called this on Sky Sports (Jeff Stelling).

Yeah, I noticed that too. Technically just over half of Chester's pitch is in Wales, but I wouldn't say that that makes it a Welsh derby. Sky Sports' Bryn Law's a Wrexham fan from that area so maybe he's the one who started it.

A good mate of mine is a Wrexham fan from Mold and he tells me that a lot of his mates (Welsh speakers from the Mold area) support Chester. I find that quite strange.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

Chester FC v Wrexham on 21:29 - Jan 21 with 3888 viewstheeaglehaslanded

Chester FC v Wrexham on 19:44 - Jan 21 by Al_Bundy

Big derby in the 80's very violent at times.

Used to work with a guy who was in their Chester 125 firm , they really hate the Welsh

Chester is full of pretentious people.

I remember when they used to play in the Welsh cup & there fans regularly got beaten up when visiting against North Wales non league teams.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024