Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin involved in bike accident 15:04 - Feb 8 with 14661 viewsHantsR

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4201026/Austin-gives-stateme

Sounds like cyclist is making a gradual recovery.
Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 15:40 - Feb 8 with 8652 viewsLongsufferingR

Cyclist goes through red light? Nonsense, never heard of such a thing!
Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 15:50 - Feb 8 with 8609 viewsbosh67

Well, I hope the cyclist makes a full recovery. The thing is that if you put Charlie in any kind of box, he will usually put it away.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 15:52 - Feb 8 with 8605 views2Thomas2Bowles

Red lights don't count with cyclists and they don't need to have insurance

So not only are they taking up a hospital bed, he won't be paying for the damage to CA car
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 22:17]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 15:53 - Feb 8 with 8589 viewssmegma

No mention of the cyclist going through a red light. You should work for the Daily Fail.....erm
Charlie Austin involved in bike accident (n/t) on 15:59 - Feb 8 with 8563 views2Thomas2Bowles

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 15:53 - Feb 8 by smegma

No mention of the cyclist going through a red light. You should work for the Daily Fail.....erm

It's a given
They don't know what a red light is
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 16:00]

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident (n/t) on 16:05 - Feb 8 with 8520 viewssmegma

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident (n/t) on 15:59 - Feb 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's a given
They don't know what a red light is
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 16:00]

I hope you never do jury service!!!
Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 16:07 - Feb 8 with 8508 views2Thomas2Bowles

4 times so far

They had it coming

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 19:57 - Feb 8 with 8133 viewsHollowayRanger

Hope Charlie and his car are ok

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 22:09 - Feb 8 with 7920 viewsGloryHunter

Cyclists should stay on the pavement - like the one who knocked me out in the middle of the pavement in Forest Gate last year, and claimed it was my fault for walking in front of him.
Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 22:56 - Feb 8 with 7810 viewsA40Bosh

I am somewhat confused as to why the Daily Fail felt it relevant to mention that the car driver involved in the incident earns £55,000 per week.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 07:23 - Feb 9 with 7624 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Give it a rest. There are bad drivers and there are bad cyclists. And there are good drivers and good cyclists. I commute to work on my bike everyday and never go through a red light. In fact I can be seen sometimes in a deserted road at 6.30 in the morning waiting at a red light because that is the law of the road. The lycra army drive me mad with their antics at times but the majority of them respect the rules of the road.
Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 08:08 - Feb 9 with 7584 viewsconnell10

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 07:23 - Feb 9 by oldmeadoniansR

Give it a rest. There are bad drivers and there are bad cyclists. And there are good drivers and good cyclists. I commute to work on my bike everyday and never go through a red light. In fact I can be seen sometimes in a deserted road at 6.30 in the morning waiting at a red light because that is the law of the road. The lycra army drive me mad with their antics at times but the majority of them respect the rules of the road.

Agree mate and the total unconcern from some posters on here for a person who critically ill is disgusting!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 08:29 - Feb 9 with 7551 views2Thomas2Bowles

Oh and all the £MMMMM spent on cycle lanes but they pay no road tax

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 08:54 - Feb 9 with 7500 viewsheadhoops

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 08:29 - Feb 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

yeh - lets charge all our students £1,000 a year to use cycle lanes - saddle them with more debt. Twunt. As mentioned there are good and bad cyclists, motor cyclists, car drivers etc, etc. Forget its CA in his porsche earning £55K a week and be thankful that nobody died.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 08:56 - Feb 9 with 7485 viewsdolcelatte

neither do motorists

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 09:00 - Feb 9 with 7476 views2Thomas2Bowles

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 08:54 - Feb 9 by headhoops

yeh - lets charge all our students £1,000 a year to use cycle lanes - saddle them with more debt. Twunt. As mentioned there are good and bad cyclists, motor cyclists, car drivers etc, etc. Forget its CA in his porsche earning £55K a week and be thankful that nobody died.

Ha! who said £1000 and are they all students Nah!!

Twunt yourself

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 09:52 - Feb 9 with 7371 viewsheadhoops

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 09:00 - Feb 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Ha! who said £1000 and are they all students Nah!!

Twunt yourself

a 'spokes'person said it.
just enjoyed twunting myself.

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 09:56 - Feb 9 with 7351 views2Thomas2Bowles

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 09:52 - Feb 9 by headhoops

a 'spokes'person said it.
just enjoyed twunting myself.

You must be late for school, so on ya bike

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 13:32 - Feb 9 with 7207 viewsheadhoops

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 09:56 - Feb 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You must be late for school, so on ya bike

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 13:53 - Feb 9 with 7166 viewsKonk

Road tax was abolished in 1937 and replaced by Vehicle Excise Duty. Roads are built and maintained out of General taxation. And who do you think damages the roads most: lorries, vans, cars and co or people on bikes? If you want to draw up a list of bad things that cyclists do, you’re likely to come up with a list of annoyances — and as a cyclist, they annoy me too. If you want to analyse the negative impact of motorised vehicles, you can start with the horrendous, toxic pollution that blights every major town and city, and in 2015 alone, road traffic accidents causing 1,700+ deaths, 22,000+ serious injuries and 140,000+ injuries reported to the police. Bit worse than some di cks not waiting for the lights to turn amber or not using lights; as stupid as both of those are.

And if you want to talk about funding, this gives some indication of just how seriously the government take the need to get vehicles of the road and encourage lifestyle changes that might just avert the NHS being completely crippled by the sedentary existence of your average Briton who currently spends half their life getting angry and fat in their little metal pollution box:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/mar/27/uk-cycling-walking-more-fun

"His comments come as the government launched its blueprint to encourage more walking and cycling with the aim of boosting the number of people who get around by bike or on foot by 2040. Yet the ambition is backed by just £316m over the next five years, barely half the cost of upgrading Bank tube station in London. “Frankly it’s embarrassing,” said Boardman.

The funds available for both walking and cycling work out at just £1.38 per person in England outside London, according to the CTC, a national cycling charity. The CTC notes that the Department for Transport has set aside £15bn to upgrade motorways and trunk roads."

So, yeah, you're right to resent the shoebox full of fivers that the government have pampered cyclists with.

PS. Go to the Netherlands and tell me how many fat people you see, and then look around you in the UK and see if you can work out why you rarely see overweight people in the Netherlands but you're surrounded by them in the UK? Could it be that one lot sit in cars and buses all day whilst the other lot cycle everywhere from very young childhood until old age? Still, the NHS is doing fine, so let's all of us develop Type 2 diabetes and respiratory problems related to our lovely toxic air that actually breaches European law - good times!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 14:08]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 14:11 - Feb 9 with 7110 views2Thomas2Bowles

Then they should stop funding it
In our little London roads building cycle lanes and slowing down movement of traffic adds to pollution.. Oh hang on that's good, kills off the cyclist slowly

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 14:15 - Feb 9 with 7099 viewsrobith

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 22:56 - Feb 8 by A40Bosh

I am somewhat confused as to why the Daily Fail felt it relevant to mention that the car driver involved in the incident earns £55,000 per week.

For some reason it seems to be the de-rigeur way anyone of note is referred to in the Daily Mail, edited by Paul Dacre who takes home £1.5m a year with a £680,000 a year pension
Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 14:18 - Feb 9 with 7092 views2Thomas2Bowles

Amsterdam 219.3 km² Population: 779,808

London 1,572 km² 8.674 million

Amsterdam A small town in comparison plenty of room for bikes.. Have you been to that part of town
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 14:22]

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 14:18 - Feb 9 with 7089 viewsKonk

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 14:11 - Feb 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Then they should stop funding it
In our little London roads building cycle lanes and slowing down movement of traffic adds to pollution.. Oh hang on that's good, kills off the cyclist slowly

And yet a city like Amsterdam, with little windy roads, can handle hundreds of thousands of cyclists on dedicated cycle paths...maybe it's because there are less cars on the roads as a result of all those people on bikes? Just a thought, like. Not sure if you've noticed, but bikes take up a lot less room than cars and are a far more efficient way of getting around as they don't tend to get held up in traffic jams. And it stops you getting fat, frustrated and angry. A fantastic, enjoyable way of getting around that has the benefit of not poisoning everyone.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Charlie Austin involved in bike accident on 14:23 - Feb 9 with 7066 views2Thomas2Bowles

Above

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024