Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lua Lua 09:48 - Feb 22 with 2748 viewsHantsR

What a delight it was to see him on the ball, skipping past defenders as if they weren't there and laying off a few great passes. When he did get boxed in or try perhaps too much, he invariably drew a foul and a free kick.
Lua Lua on 09:55 - Feb 22 with 2724 viewsrobith

He's very good at getting fouled. Something about his running angle makes defending players angle their tackling leg out in a way that brings him down. Makes him a good out ball for countering
Lua Lua on 09:58 - Feb 22 with 2707 viewsjohncharles

Free kicks and a couple of yellow cards.

Strong and stable my arse.

Lua Lua on 08:35 - Feb 23 with 2516 viewsPommyhoop

I was watching him closely and one his weapons is just a nudge of the ball to the right and he's so quick he beats the man. Like his little clip to Wash.for his goal but not as hard..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Lua Lua on 09:00 - Feb 23 with 2496 viewsBrightonhoop

Hope we can buy him in for next season.
Lua Lua on 09:16 - Feb 23 with 2467 viewscaliforniahoop

Lots of options with this guy in a the squad, if he did sign, Ollie has major selection issues next season.
Lua Lua on 10:12 - Feb 23 with 2391 viewstraininvain

It's his strength and low center of gravity that make him so difficult to defend against.

Might make it easier to sign him up if Brighton are promoted.
Lua Lua on 12:00 - Feb 23 with 2311 viewskensalriser

I like his unusual style - when he collects the ball he doesn't immediately go for pace, he draws in the defender by hesitating and then uses a trick to get past.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lua Lua on 12:04 - Feb 23 with 2302 viewsLongsufferingR

Every aspect of his game is completely opposed to the deeply flawed, excruciatingly painful Hoilett methodology. I think he's a great addition.
Login to get fewer ads

Lua Lua on 12:05 - Feb 23 with 2293 viewsMyke

If he signs it will be the end of Shodipo which would be a shame
Lua Lua on 12:07 - Feb 23 with 2288 viewsLongsufferingR

Lua Lua on 12:05 - Feb 23 by Myke

If he signs it will be the end of Shodipo which would be a shame

I don't think he will. If Brighton go up, they'll probably want to keep hold of him. He's here to get match fit again after missing most of the season so far.
Lua Lua on 13:14 - Feb 23 with 2211 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brighton refused to add in a clause where we could buy at the end of the season (according to dave mc), so they may not sell. Also, i like him but not sure i'd want to buy him. Bring Shodipo back for that role.

Bare bones.

Lua Lua on 13:56 - Feb 23 with 2147 viewsnadera78

Lua Lua on 13:14 - Feb 23 by Antti_Heinola

Brighton refused to add in a clause where we could buy at the end of the season (according to dave mc), so they may not sell. Also, i like him but not sure i'd want to buy him. Bring Shodipo back for that role.

Absolutely. At 26 years old LuaLua is the finished product, he's not going to add anything or develop further. When he has a brainfart and attempts to dribble past 3 players on edge of his own box (which he did twice on Tuesday) or beats a man only to then stop and try to beat him again (which he did again on Tuesday) these are not things you're going to change in him, not now, it's too late.

Shodipo on the other hand has the same ability to beat a defender but is 6 years younger and has miles of improvements in him.
Lua Lua on 16:24 - Feb 23 with 2049 viewsMyke

I worry that Olli doesn't trust Shodipo. For one that talks about developing young players , and to be fair has given Manning and Furlong their chance, he shipped him out pretty sharpish
Lua Lua on 16:31 - Feb 23 with 2040 viewsMaggsinho

I suspect LuaLua was brought in as cover for this season so Shodipo could get some game time out on loan ready for next season.
Lua Lua on 17:05 - Feb 23 with 1984 viewsmcqpr10

I fear many on here are over hyping shodipo. Looks decent and did really well in the brief glimpse we've seen but he also didn't track back against Norwich despite coming on as a sub. Lua Lua is quality in this league. Proven. Played many games for Brighton and I think their fans were quite sad to see him go. Right decision to loan shodipo out. Play games, get experience and maybe make.mistakes that are less likely to be punished than in the championship in front of an impatient loftus road crowd.
Lua Lua on 20:15 - Feb 23 with 1862 viewsenfieldargh

I'm looking forward to his multi flip somersaults after scoring something he's obviously try to teach Connor and sylla to do......in which case he's a lousy teacher

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Lua Lua on 20:42 - Feb 23 with 1831 viewsLongsufferingR

Lua Lua on 17:05 - Feb 23 by mcqpr10

I fear many on here are over hyping shodipo. Looks decent and did really well in the brief glimpse we've seen but he also didn't track back against Norwich despite coming on as a sub. Lua Lua is quality in this league. Proven. Played many games for Brighton and I think their fans were quite sad to see him go. Right decision to loan shodipo out. Play games, get experience and maybe make.mistakes that are less likely to be punished than in the championship in front of an impatient loftus road crowd.

Agree with this. Benefits us and both players in the short and long term.
Lua Lua on 21:56 - Feb 23 with 1771 viewsBrightonhoop

Lua Lua on 20:42 - Feb 23 by LongsufferingR

Agree with this. Benefits us and both players in the short and long term.

Agreed, think a one contract too for LuaLua, if he'd take it, would be sound whilst the youngster develops. Cant see LuaLua featuring for Albion in the rem, he fell away from starting line up to bench to not getting games hence the loan.
Lua Lua on 01:33 - Feb 24 with 1673 viewsJigsore

Lua Lua on 16:24 - Feb 23 by Myke

I worry that Olli doesn't trust Shodipo. For one that talks about developing young players , and to be fair has given Manning and Furlong their chance, he shipped him out pretty sharpish

Lualua is good but he's surely a stopgap to see if Shodipo can learn the defensive side of the game in the lower leagues. Hopefully he'll have matured enough soon but Port Vale is a bit of a madhouse and like Furlong I wouldn't be surprised if it took another loan before he gets there - if at all.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024