Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester & FFP 16:23 - Mar 2 with 3113 viewsCorbyQPR

See the FL are going after Leicester for their promotion season, such a poorly run club Leicester. FFP really is a nonsense.

Lets go after Leicester, Premier League champions. F&*k Charlton, Orient & other clubs being driven out of existence. No money in them...
Leicester & FFP on 16:28 - Mar 2 with 3094 viewsNorthernr

As Goddardinho said on Twitter earlier - naughty Leicester, jeopardising their future with a Premier League win and Champions league qualification.
Leicester & FFP on 16:31 - Mar 2 with 3087 viewsCorbyQPR

Upsetting the 'natural order', they need to go back to where they belong
Leicester & FFP on 16:50 - Mar 2 with 3021 viewsOakR

I don't really see the problem myself.

We were all happy they won last year, but if they broke the rule getting promoted by incurring too greater losses why should they not be punished? Ultimately they money they made from going up will more than wipe out any fine they might get so they will see it as worth it, but is the aim of this not to stop clubs getting themselves into financial problems when promotions does not occur after they have gambled on it?

Re Orient, well their Chairman is simply a nasty piece of work. The fact they have got rid of 1/2 their first team squad, the manager is not allowed to play their only senior keeper as he refused to leave, crazy. I'm not sure what the league fa can do in these situations, but he is clearly no longer fit for purpose (he never was but is worse now). To think they were so close so recently to going up to the Championship, 2-0 up at half-time and now look, possible relegation out of the league and who knows what.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Leicester & FFP on 16:56 - Mar 2 with 3003 viewsNorthernr

Leicester & FFP on 16:50 - Mar 2 by OakR

We were all happy they won last year, but if they broke the rule getting promoted by incurring too greater losses why should they not be punished? Ultimately they money they made from going up will more than wipe out any fine they might get so they will see it as worth it, but is the aim of this not to stop clubs getting themselves into financial problems when promotions does not occur after they have gambled on it?

Re Orient, well their Chairman is simply a nasty piece of work. The fact they have got rid of 1/2 their first team squad, the manager is not allowed to play their only senior keeper as he refused to leave, crazy. I'm not sure what the league fa can do in these situations, but he is clearly no longer fit for purpose (he never was but is worse now). To think they were so close so recently to going up to the Championship, 2-0 up at half-time and now look, possible relegation out of the league and who knows what.

I think the point being made is the rule, however well intentioned it was to start with, has been absolutely botched. It's had to be re-written completely once (we were guilty under its first disastrous incarnation) and it's still a nonsense. If everybody stuck to it it would basically mean that stories like Bournemouth going from Lg 2 to the Prem couldn't happen, Leicester winning the league couldn't happen. It simply hands even more competitive advantage to the big clubs. How can it be right that Chelsea have 38 players out on loan, hoarding talent and deliberately sticking it into places it can't do any harm to them, and comply, and yet Leicester, Bournemouth and QPR are in breach?

Why not do away with it all together, and focus efforts on the real issue that threatens our clubs which is that the keys to them are frequently handed over to, mostly foreign, chancers who have absolutely no idea what they're doing and are often quite malicious in the way they go about things. What's more of a threat to a club's existance, leicester gambling some money on getting themselves into the Premier League, or an agent parachuting the Venky's, his manager and lots of his client players into Blackburn? Bournemouth giving Eddie Howe some transfer funds, or the Allams running Hull into the ground, tearing down community sports halls and such like?

They should have a fit and proper owner test that's fit for purpose and stop trying to force the league to basically become a run down of who's got the biggest turnover.
Leicester & FFP on 17:22 - Mar 2 with 2905 viewsOakR

Leicester & FFP on 16:56 - Mar 2 by Northernr

I think the point being made is the rule, however well intentioned it was to start with, has been absolutely botched. It's had to be re-written completely once (we were guilty under its first disastrous incarnation) and it's still a nonsense. If everybody stuck to it it would basically mean that stories like Bournemouth going from Lg 2 to the Prem couldn't happen, Leicester winning the league couldn't happen. It simply hands even more competitive advantage to the big clubs. How can it be right that Chelsea have 38 players out on loan, hoarding talent and deliberately sticking it into places it can't do any harm to them, and comply, and yet Leicester, Bournemouth and QPR are in breach?

Why not do away with it all together, and focus efforts on the real issue that threatens our clubs which is that the keys to them are frequently handed over to, mostly foreign, chancers who have absolutely no idea what they're doing and are often quite malicious in the way they go about things. What's more of a threat to a club's existance, leicester gambling some money on getting themselves into the Premier League, or an agent parachuting the Venky's, his manager and lots of his client players into Blackburn? Bournemouth giving Eddie Howe some transfer funds, or the Allams running Hull into the ground, tearing down community sports halls and such like?

They should have a fit and proper owner test that's fit for purpose and stop trying to force the league to basically become a run down of who's got the biggest turnover.

I think they are 2 different issues.

Clubs should be run financially. Clubs like ours can't, and shouldn't try to compete with the likes of Man Utd etc signing players wages etc. The last time were truly a top level team competing, where did we get our players from - it was the same places as Man Utd. Ferdinand, Seaman, Parker, Sinton, Sinclair, Peacock. We had a scouting network and players from the youth team. Even then we were a 'selling club', however the money in the PL nowdays not sure that would be the case.

We should not be in the Championship with the wage bill of Athletico Madrid or whatever it was. The system is not perfect but it's better than nothing. What's the alternative, let clubs ruin themselves?

As for the fit and proper directors, I agree, but I guess it's easier to say than implement. The orient fan I know would like some sort of golden share held by fans or the league on all boards, not sure if that could be legally enforced and how it works once people have paid xx for a club.

Re loans and squads, for me this is actually the biggest issue, big teams with money sweeping all the talent and leaving them to rot, not even in the reserves as they don't exist anymore. Look at Remy, a shadow of himself now, and countless others and teenagers, who if they were with other teams would make a difference. I would make squad sizes smaller myself, and only allow x amount of players out on loan.

Leicester & FFP on 18:15 - Mar 2 with 2814 viewsdolcelatte

Leicester & FFP on 16:50 - Mar 2 by OakR

Orient are now subject of winding up order from HMRC... Hearing is end of this month I believe..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Leicester & FFP on 18:35 - Mar 2 with 2772 viewsthemodfather

football is dodgy, the big teams want it all for themselves, they dont want competiton as it risks their cash flow and its always about money, never community, people or fans.
look ar any league , anywhere and its going to be in most cases the top 3 sharing the spoils. sometimes a team does shake it up, ie leicester, not often.
ffp? as our harry said, when asked abour our spending and he said man utd had one player worth our total squad!!! di maria?
Leicester & FFP on 18:57 - Mar 2 with 2729 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think I'm the only one in the FFP is a good thing club.

Just been handled really badly.

If the FL or FFP administrators think Leicester overspent, they have a case to answer as we do and many other clubs. Just because it's taken a long time to build a case doesn't mean the case is frivoulous.

Let's not kid ourselves , it's still hanging over our heads. I presume some legal or financial loophole has kept us out of focus for now.

However, it's all bollocks until the FA toughen up the fit and proper person criteria.
Login to get fewer ads

Leicester & FFP on 19:34 - Mar 2 with 2689 viewsenfieldargh

Listen to getting to know the network podcast all about cafc and their wonderful Belgian owner

REALLY WORTH LISTENING TO

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Leicester & FFP on 20:18 - Mar 2 with 2598 viewssmegma

Strange how when people like the FSF ask the FA to intervene when it comes to the prices that clubs charge fans their stock answer is ' they're businesses and we can't tell clubs what they can or cannot charge'. But they then want to tell these 'businesses' how to run their business , or shall we say, they want to tell those businesses outside of the top six clubs that you cannot upset the status quo, how dare you go and win the Premier League, that's only allowed if you are from Manchester or Fulham Broadway.
Leicester & FFP on 20:31 - Mar 2 with 2563 viewsTGRRRSSS

The thing is the clubs at the top basically want it both ways, but here's the thing is every game means only one from 3 or 4 can ever win then interest will wane and when it does people turn off the TV, the sponsors lose interest, and the clubs at the top will be as out of business as anyone.

Without "us" very soon there will be no them.
Leicester & FFP on 20:39 - Mar 2 with 2547 viewsOakR

Leicester & FFP on 20:18 - Mar 2 by smegma

Strange how when people like the FSF ask the FA to intervene when it comes to the prices that clubs charge fans their stock answer is ' they're businesses and we can't tell clubs what they can or cannot charge'. But they then want to tell these 'businesses' how to run their business , or shall we say, they want to tell those businesses outside of the top six clubs that you cannot upset the status quo, how dare you go and win the Premier League, that's only allowed if you are from Manchester or Fulham Broadway.

1) What do you propose they should do re ticket prices? I think everyone agrees they are too expensive, and prices vary regionally, based on stadium capacity, other facilities in stadiums (corporate etc). I'd personally like to see prices greatly reduced in the PL based on the new TV money, bit more difficult in the Championship, but I do think football will end up eating itself.

2) FFP is not telling anyone how to run the business, it's telling not to get overly in debt so that a club risks going out of business, and or too many clubs spiral up wages fees to unaffordable levels etc. You can argue the implementation does not work, but do you think nothing should be done?

3) It's a great conspiracy theory re Leicester on this thread, I suspect most of the FA staff, PL staff, FL staff like most normal people were happy about it. This investigation has nothing to do with the FA or Premier League, so I really don't understand this link. If you think the FL are big fans of the PL I suspect you are far off the mark.

Leicester & FFP on 12:48 - Mar 3 with 2298 viewsQPR_John

Leicester & FFP on 20:39 - Mar 2 by OakR

1) What do you propose they should do re ticket prices? I think everyone agrees they are too expensive, and prices vary regionally, based on stadium capacity, other facilities in stadiums (corporate etc). I'd personally like to see prices greatly reduced in the PL based on the new TV money, bit more difficult in the Championship, but I do think football will end up eating itself.

2) FFP is not telling anyone how to run the business, it's telling not to get overly in debt so that a club risks going out of business, and or too many clubs spiral up wages fees to unaffordable levels etc. You can argue the implementation does not work, but do you think nothing should be done?

3) It's a great conspiracy theory re Leicester on this thread, I suspect most of the FA staff, PL staff, FL staff like most normal people were happy about it. This investigation has nothing to do with the FA or Premier League, so I really don't understand this link. If you think the FL are big fans of the PL I suspect you are far off the mark.

"FFP is not telling anyone how to run the business, it's telling not to get overly in debt so that a club risks going out of business,"

How can telling a business not to get into debt be construed as not telling them how to run their business
Leicester & FFP on 13:03 - Mar 3 with 2260 viewsDWQPR

FFP serves only to increase the size and success of the biggest clubs and the gap will continue to be widen. If a club overspends and eventually goes bust it is a terrible thing for the supporters but this has happened for decades and decades going back to the likes of Bradford Park Avenue, Accrington Stanley, and more recently Maidstone United and Aldershot. And there have been some near misses as well, Bristol City, Middlesbrough and Charlton to name a few. FFP won't change it, just ask Orient supporters at the moment. They have debts worth £5million more than their assets and a lunatic in charge. Although Rangers did overspend badly at least the owners had the decency to cover the debts themselves. FFP should take this into consideration because as it stands at the moment if TF and his fellow directors were to leave the club today financially we are no worse off than when they arrived.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Leicester & FFP on 13:27 - Mar 3 with 2210 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Well said.
Leicester & FFP on 14:02 - Mar 3 with 2173 viewsR_from_afar

FFP needs to be based on a salary cap, or, budget for the season, in other words, you say that no club can have a total wage bill of more than n£m. That would enable clubs to throw £200k a week at certain players, but not all of them.

Basing FFP on a club's revenues is inherently unfair. It immediately gives a huge advantage to those clubs sitting pretty in their mega-stadia. How can a club in a 18k seater stadium compete with ManUre and their four times larger stadium? The current system also encourages clubs in small grounds to overcharge for tickets.

Nothing's going to change, though, is it? After all, who could tire of ManUre v Chelsea or Liverpool v Citeh top of the table clashes?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Leicester & FFP on 14:29 - Mar 3 with 2138 viewsbaz_qpr

One of the few real benefits of leaving the EU is that we could actually implement a salary cap or maximum wage - not that we will
Leicester & FFP on 14:40 - Mar 3 with 2130 viewsToast_R

I'd like to see a capped wage across the whole Football League and Premier League for players under 18. They can earn no more then say £400 a week until they get to 18 at which point they can negotiate a full professional contract with their club.
Leicester & FFP on 02:05 - Mar 4 with 2036 viewsMatch82

Leicester & FFP on 14:02 - Mar 3 by R_from_afar

FFP needs to be based on a salary cap, or, budget for the season, in other words, you say that no club can have a total wage bill of more than n£m. That would enable clubs to throw £200k a week at certain players, but not all of them.

Basing FFP on a club's revenues is inherently unfair. It immediately gives a huge advantage to those clubs sitting pretty in their mega-stadia. How can a club in a 18k seater stadium compete with ManUre and their four times larger stadium? The current system also encourages clubs in small grounds to overcharge for tickets.

Nothing's going to change, though, is it? After all, who could tire of ManUre v Chelsea or Liverpool v Citeh top of the table clashes?

RFA

Can't have a salary cap. Works in the US where the sports played are only really played (or at least paid highly) in that country.

But if you do that in the UK, players bugger off to Spain, Italy, wherever pays more money and the Premier League becomes uncompetitive. Can't do it across all of Europe because of currency fluctuations
Leicester & FFP on 10:41 - Mar 4 with 1941 viewsdavman

The FA and FL can introduce rules and audits to demonstrate compliance with those rules as a prerequisite of membership of our FA, but it doesn't want to upset their very, very rich members.

Firstly, let Sugar Daddies invest what the hell they want, but ensure that it is a pure investment; not a loan, not promise of funds that may or may not materialise, but commitment to spend.

Second, through total disclosure, identify the true state of debt each club actually has along with a plan to sustain the club as a going concern both short term and long term.

If all of that is satisfactory, let them enter the competitions, if not, exclude them 'til they do.

If this were actually a true sport we are talking about (wish it was!), this would be easy to enforce. However, it is now more business, which means that clubs can hide behind corporate law and all its loopholes. As I said at the top, make voluntary disclosure a condition of membership and enforce it.

Reckon the FA, Premier League and FL have the nuts to do that? No, me neither...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024