Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongooo 21:47 - Mar 7 with 6316 viewsRBlock

Luongo absolutely fantastic tonight. My Motm. Used the ball intelligently, carried it forward really well. Strong in the tackle. Class.
Luongooo on 21:59 - Mar 7 with 5124 viewsFearless

His best performance (that I've seen) tonight
Luongooo on 22:11 - Mar 7 with 5013 viewseghamranger

Didn't think he was all that in the first half, but was immense in the second.
Luongooo on 22:14 - Mar 7 with 4981 viewsHunterhoop

Corking performance. Used it very well, moved it quickly, covered the ground and broke up play well.

Freeman also had a good game, followed my Manning. We weren't playing a physical side, and they didn't up for it, but those 3 and wszolek (who was super again) completely outplayed them on the deck.
Luongooo on 22:16 - Mar 7 with 4946 viewsBrightonhoop

Really good to hear. How was Ravel when he came on?
Luongooo on 22:24 - Mar 7 with 4840 viewsWestbourneR

Great game, one of his best and really pleased for him as some were starting to turn on him and he's never hid and always had a great attitude.

Main improvement tonight was he used the ball quickly and intelligently. Looked a leader too.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Luongooo on 22:26 - Mar 7 with 4819 viewskomradkirk

great when players coming in all seem to be performing well,good squad utilisation and team spirit appears to be on the rise.
Luongooo on 22:28 - Mar 7 with 4797 viewseghamranger

Luongooo on 22:16 - Mar 7 by Brightonhoop

Did he come on 🙄

Tbf, he was ready to come on and have 20 mins, they scored and he eventually came on and had about 8 and 5 mins added. Didn't do a lot... but as I say he a few mins
Luongooo on 22:30 - Mar 7 with 4772 viewsmcqpr10

Really please luongo did well. Really think there's lots more to come from him. Quality player with lots to learn. Ryan Manning seems to bring the best out of those around him too.
Login to get fewer ads

Luongooo on 22:31 - Mar 7 with 4749 viewsBromleyHoop

He got the ball at his feet once and looked to play down the
Clock despite the fact there was acres of space in front of him. He just seemed to freeze and look around not knowing what to do. It was actually quite pathetic, he looked like he'd forgotten how to play football for a moment and the crowd gave him loads.

Agree about Luongo but I thought he was good in the first half as well.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2017 22:32]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Luongooo on 22:38 - Mar 7 with 4672 viewsozranger

As expected, Luongo has just been named part of the Oz squad for their WC quals - 23 Mar in Teheran (v Iraq) and 28 Mar in Sydney (v UAE) and then the long track back to London. Be interested to see how the travel affects him this time.
Luongooo on 22:53 - Mar 7 with 4528 viewsLblock

I'm not his biggest fan
He played well enough tonight with a couple of good passes

Still weak for me brushed off the ball like he weren't there three times at least
Manning and Freeman stronger

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Luongooo on 23:03 - Mar 7 with 4456 viewsnix

Luongooo on 22:28 - Mar 7 by eghamranger

Did he come on 🙄

Tbf, he was ready to come on and have 20 mins, they scored and he eventually came on and had about 8 and 5 mins added. Didn't do a lot... but as I say he a few mins

Ravel actually did a really clever header that released (I think) Washington in lots of space down the left. He unfortunately slightly over hit allowing the goalie to pick it up. But shows Ravel can spot the creative move. Otherwise he seemed to do little but it is early days.

As others have said, good performance from Mass. He looks much more comfortable playing with Freeman and Manning. It seemed to me too that Barnsley didn't press us so high up the pitch so he had a bit more time/space to play the ball in midfield,
Luongooo on 23:10 - Mar 7 with 4404 viewsLongsufferingR

You're right. I think the key to it was both sides having more space to play through midfield. Certainly allowed Luongo to express himself more and for me Freeman just pipped him to MOTM. Made for a better game to watch as well with great passing moves from both sides.
Luongooo on 23:12 - Mar 7 with 4381 viewsessextaxiboy

I started a thread a month or so ago critiscising him .I was hoping to start one tonight to say what a great performance . He has to keep it up though , inconsistency is his biggest challenge ..
Luongooo on 23:29 - Mar 7 with 4263 viewsstevec

Luongooo on 22:14 - Mar 7 by Hunterhoop

Corking performance. Used it very well, moved it quickly, covered the ground and broke up play well.

Freeman also had a good game, followed my Manning. We weren't playing a physical side, and they didn't up for it, but those 3 and wszolek (who was super again) completely outplayed them on the deck.

Definitely Luongos best game for us, helped that Barnsley about the least physical side we'll ever come up against, but give him his due tonight. Good performance.
Luongooo on 23:46 - Mar 7 with 4191 viewsNorthLondonR

About 15 stone overweight, blazing the cally weed, slapping untold amount of young women across the face, whilst not giving a fck....
Luongooo on 23:49 - Mar 7 with 4175 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Luongooo on 23:46 - Mar 7 by NorthLondonR

About 15 stone overweight, blazing the cally weed, slapping untold amount of young women across the face, whilst not giving a fck....

As soon as Norf has fed his whippet or whatever he does before bed, this post will disappear!
Luongooo on 00:19 - Mar 8 with 4083 viewsQPR_Nippon

Luongooo on 23:12 - Mar 7 by essextaxiboy

I started a thread a month or so ago critiscising him .I was hoping to start one tonight to say what a great performance . He has to keep it up though , inconsistency is his biggest challenge ..

I mentioned a stat on here earlier in the season about our points per game average being higher when he played. The difference was so stark Clive even quoted it in a match report - we were averaging 1.7 points a game when he played and about 0.33 when he didn't.

This seemed to jinx him as in the next 14 games he played we amassed just 8 points, and in the 15th he was substituted before a 1 goal deficit was turned into a 2-1 victory.

Obviously there are other variables at work here. But it seems like he's a player that needs careful managing both in terms of his conditioning and confidence. In his last year at Swindon fans said he was far better in the 1st half of the season than the 2nd, plus he also seems to come back from international duty with Australia needing weeks to recover.

While I'm churning out these ppg stats, here's a couple of cheeky ones:
Manning: 20 points from 11 starts (1.8 per game = 4th in champ table)
Freeman: 9 points from 4 starts (2.25 per game = 1st in champ table)
[Post edited 8 Mar 2017 0:37]
Luongooo on 00:58 - Mar 8 with 4005 viewsStanisgod

Same as Saturday.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Luongooo on 07:41 - Mar 8 with 3781 viewsbaz_qpr

Does the 1st half not count? Luke Freeman absolutely tore Barnsley apart in that first half, alongside Manning the way they move the ball around and created chance after chance was the best we've been across midfield all season.

Luongo had a decent 2nd half, much better than recently so that's positive but I would say taking the game as a whole he was probably the 3rd best of our CMs on the night
Luongooo on 09:13 - Mar 8 with 3642 viewsrobith

Luongooo on 07:41 - Mar 8 by baz_qpr

Does the 1st half not count? Luke Freeman absolutely tore Barnsley apart in that first half, alongside Manning the way they move the ball around and created chance after chance was the best we've been across midfield all season.

Luongo had a decent 2nd half, much better than recently so that's positive but I would say taking the game as a whole he was probably the 3rd best of our CMs on the night

I dunno, I thought Manning looked a bit jaded (to be expected, he's never played at this level for this long before) and he made a lot of lazy fouls whereas Luongo won more tackles
Luongooo on 09:13 - Mar 8 with 3642 viewsDejR_vu

Luongooo on 07:41 - Mar 8 by baz_qpr

Agree with this, and that's with him having one of his best games. Don't think he's good enough to be a regular starter.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Luongooo on 09:16 - Mar 8 with 3624 viewsWadR

Freeman would be my MOM, just edging Luongo. In that 25 minute spell at the beginning of the second half especially, I thought Mass was running the game.

Some of the quick interchange between those two and Manning was wonderful - exactly what we've been lacking in comparison to the better footballing sides I've seen at this level (Huddersfield, Fulham, Brentford).
Luongooo on 09:24 - Mar 8 with 3583 viewssimmo

I found it interesting that with Hall dropping back into a typical CB position, Holloway decided to put Luongo in Halls usual role instead of Perch who he used the last time Grant was unavailable. It really worked great, dropping between CB's to collect the ball, covering in behind full backs and playing forward pass after forward pass, especially down the channels.

His main strength for me and it's something he does better than anyone at QPR, is how he receives the ball. Almost always on his backfoot with his body shape exactly right so his first touch often opens it up to play a pass where he needs it or to easily carry it past the man closing him. Did it time and again where he stepped past the man closing and then played the ball. He is everywhere on the pitch last night and was just pipped for MoM from Freeman IMO.

Ravel, for those that asked, shouldn't be even near the bench at the moment. If we're including Hall as part of a midfield 3 I don't see how he warrants a place over any of the midfielders or forwards that have featured in last few weeks, especially with Cousins and Lua Lua coming back.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Luongooo on 09:39 - Mar 8 with 3536 viewsrobith

After the thread the other day I decided to watch him closely as I like him, but decided I really wanted to see what he did.

This are obviously my counts so they're probably wrong - indicative rather than exact let's say.

He was brushed off the ball three times - but in two of these he had won the ball back before play had continued forward. Only once was he completely and cleanly dispossessed.

On the contrary I made it around 9 possession steals, he made 3 huge crunching tackles, and made 3 really neat slide rule passes down the touchline, one of which didn't come off. I had him mispassing 3 times overall.

In the first half he sat deep in a "quarter back" style position which allowed Freeman to play much further up the pitch. He would win possession and carry the ball forward well, allowing us to keep the ball on the floor. Clearly Olly had instructed the players to use their feet to counter Barnsley's pressing as Freeman and Luongo both neatly used changes of direction and leading foot to create space and forward momentum. Mass also took a lot of hurried ball from Ned and Hall and calmed it, rotated it, and got us going forward again.

In the second half, especially in that period prior to the second goal where we were really in control he rotated more with Manning - he was very effective at driving forward then feeding Pav. This kept the Barnsley defence honest as they needed to cover all options. He also doubled up on the right wing allowing Pav and Furlong to have someone to cycle the ball with to get into better positions.

In the latter part of the game he like the rest of the team dropped too deep for my money. Re: which - Freeman can really kick a ball very hard can't he.

Overall, I thought he was absolutely intrinsic to how we played last night - though Freeman was more eye catching. I personally thought Manning looked tired and made a lot of lazy fouls late on which put us under pressure (not a slight, love the kid, only constructive criticism as he develops). However the combination really worked for Mass I thought, as he and Manning worked well together as a pressing unit, penning players in real well as a pack.

Overall - I thought he was tops
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024