Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What I hope IH learned today 18:27 - Apr 29 with 2864 viewsLongsufferingR

Manning, Luongo and Freeman = excellent midfield, especially when Hall is added behind them.

Wszolek must start every game.

Despite the abuse he gets, Ned must stay as captain. What a captain's performance. Leading by example (not by shouting for no apprent reason) particularly after getting booked so early.

Smithies seems to have seven arms.
What I hope IH learned today on 18:45 - Apr 29 with 2752 viewsQPR_John

"Smithies seems to have seven arms."

Best keeper in this division by a country mile. If there is one player who has kept us up this season it's him
What I hope IH learned today on 18:59 - Apr 29 with 2686 viewsLblock

Onuoha is appalling

I hope Ollie has learned him, Perch, Bidwell and maybe Bet Lynch need to be replaced

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What I hope IH learned today on 19:25 - Apr 29 with 2573 viewsQPR_John

What I hope IH learned today on 18:59 - Apr 29 by Lblock

Onuoha is appalling

I hope Ollie has learned him, Perch, Bidwell and maybe Bet Lynch need to be replaced

That is the back four that played today.
What I hope IH learned today on 19:28 - Apr 29 with 2545 viewstraininvain

Onuoha is appalling

Onuoha played well today.
What I hope IH learned today on 19:48 - Apr 29 with 2425 viewsMatch82

These 5 might be our best 5 outfield players, would tend to agree.

But 4 of the 5 of them seem best in the middle of the park. By putting all of them in the team you have to play one up top which limits your options somewhat.

So I actually agree with you, but I don't know how realistic it's likely to be. And that's without including cousins, who I also rate highly
What I hope IH learned today on 20:59 - Apr 29 with 2214 viewsRoller

What I hope IH learned today on 19:28 - Apr 29 by traininvain

Onuoha played well today.

I've been critical of Onuoha for a couple of years now, but over the last month or so he has really risen to the challenge and we would have been totally lost with out him.

On the other side of that coin, I'm desperately disappointed with Lynch. He looked like a rock in the pre-season against Watford, but is turned far too easily and suffers from a massively misguided belief that he is Beckenbauer when he has the ball at his feet.
What I hope IH learned today on 21:24 - Apr 29 with 2136 viewsDejR_vu

What I hope IH learned today on 20:59 - Apr 29 by Roller

I've been critical of Onuoha for a couple of years now, but over the last month or so he has really risen to the challenge and we would have been totally lost with out him.

On the other side of that coin, I'm desperately disappointed with Lynch. He looked like a rock in the pre-season against Watford, but is turned far too easily and suffers from a massively misguided belief that he is Beckenbauer when he has the ball at his feet.

Lynch has been dreadful, as has Bidwell. Add that to Perch and that really is a cr@p defence. But in fairness, the first two were better today (Perch was as bad as ever), and Lynch got the killer second goal so bit of credit due there.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

What I hope IH learned today on 00:17 - Apr 30 with 1946 viewsPunteR

I thought Onouha had a good game today, both as player and captain.
Not sure about the partnership between Smith and Washington. I think they need to learn each others game thissummer as they never seemed to be on the same wave length. Both are handy players to have in the squad but both need to improve if we're going to step up a gear.
Wzsolek should start every game for me. I think Forrest were doubling up on him to try and stifle his attacks. I've got to say Bidwell has been disappointing this season. He reminds me of Konkcheskis unfortunately.
Manning is also a starter.
I think they need to work on keeping possession over the summer.
Freeman is our talisman. Top player.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

What I hope IH learned today on 04:53 - Apr 30 with 1769 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Whatever lessons learned and however the cogs turn inside Ollie's noggin over the summer, the thing he needs to get into it, is the radical concept of playing a settled side.

His tendency to swap and change is what's caused us to end up in the mire. I've long since suggested however, that if he does look for consistency and stop tinkering with things when he doesn't need to, then he's only three defenders from a good side.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What I hope IH learned today on 09:47 - Apr 30 with 1525 viewssmegma

Onuoha is appalling

Is/was appalling? Last two games he's been our best defender.
What I hope IH learned today on 09:50 - Apr 30 with 1512 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Onuoha is appalling

He was motm by some distance for us today L.

Credit where credits due.
What I hope IH learned today on 10:02 - Apr 30 with 1479 viewsfrancisbowles

Onuoha was excellent today, is usually good or very good and rarely poor.

Perch on the other hand has no future as a right back, too slow, way too late with challenges. Only escaped a yellow today because he missed with his tackles! Gave away an unnecessary free kick near the end when he insisted on trying to challenge/niggle away from behind out by the touchline, all he had to do was show the player away from danger.

Could be a squad player as cover for cb or defensive midfielder if we can't find/afford better options.

Thought Bidwell was much better today after his recent two nightmare performances, credit to him. Lynch too was ok but we don't want Smithies to be giving him the ball.

What I believe we need most is a hold and lay striker, so we can get up the pitch and offer more support in attack. Very hard to find one though!
What I hope IH learned today on 10:15 - Apr 30 with 1447 viewsloftus77

IH is often seen (unfairly??) as an English manager who prefers English ways?..

Well he needs to learn that there sometimes is this very English concept in football. Its called a .....draw.

Honestly, a stalemate really isn't the end of the world sometimes, Ian. Worth noting that we drew only 8 less games than we won in 2010/11.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 10:15]
What I hope IH learned today on 14:15 - Apr 30 with 1319 viewsthemodfather

from what i saw yesterday perch must never wear ou shirt again, he is fkin awful...smithies is top class, smith and washington will score but we must stop the tinkering. we stay up, yeah, worth celebrating!
What I hope IH learned today on 14:45 - Apr 30 with 1268 viewsDannytheR

The problem is, for all our madcap formations in the last few matches, there just isn't a system where you can play Hall in front of the defence AND all three of Luongo, Manning and Freeman centrally AND Pawel on the wing AND two up front.

If it was me, I'd push Freeman up into a number 10 role playing off the striker, with Hall and Luongo behind him, Pawel on the right and Manning or Yeni on the left. But as it stands, we can't actually play to all our strengths at once.

If we can do that and find a Frankenstein's monster of a centre half to play alongside Onuoha, at least we might not end up still biting our nails about relegation in the last home game of the season.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 14:50]
What I hope IH learned today on 15:22 - Apr 30 with 1199 viewsRoller

What I hope IH learned today on 14:45 - Apr 30 by DannytheR

The problem is, for all our madcap formations in the last few matches, there just isn't a system where you can play Hall in front of the defence AND all three of Luongo, Manning and Freeman centrally AND Pawel on the wing AND two up front.

If it was me, I'd push Freeman up into a number 10 role playing off the striker, with Hall and Luongo behind him, Pawel on the right and Manning or Yeni on the left. But as it stands, we can't actually play to all our strengths at once.

If we can do that and find a Frankenstein's monster of a centre half to play alongside Onuoha, at least we might not end up still biting our nails about relegation in the last home game of the season.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 14:50]

Play Hall next to Onuoha. You can then fit all the others into a sensible formation with the added bonus of having someone who can pass at the back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024