Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? 21:00 - May 11 with 2528 viewsFredManRave

That you shouldn't?! Even more so if they've been relegated from the League below?!

Again this could just be an exmple of the bargain basement where we now have to shop.

Anybody have any good things to say about him?!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qpr-charlton-and-portsmouth-among-5-clubs-chas

Nathan Thompson has been a long serving member of the Swindon side but he could leave this summer with the club heading to League Two after a disappointing relegation.
The 26-year-old is a product of the Swindon academy and has only ever played for the Robins, amassing nearly 200 appearances during his time at the club. The Swindon skipper is available on a free transfer with his current deal due to expire this summer and this has alerted a number of clubs from the second and third tiers of English football. Portsmouth, who were recently promoted to League One as champions, are in the race to sign Thompson, alongside next term’s League One rivals Charlton Athletic. Rotherham — who were relegated from the Championship this season — are also keeping their tabs on the centre half while Championship duo Ipswich Town and QPR also want him.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 21:01 - May 11 with 2525 viewsNorthernr

"among five clubs linked" = agent peddling client's name through as many media outlets as he can.
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 09:44 - May 12 with 2294 viewsstevec

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 21:01 - May 11 by Northernr

"among five clubs linked" = agent peddling client's name through as many media outlets as he can.

...although, to pick us out of 24 Championship teams likely to be interested in a League One relegateé suggests the agent has either been doing his homework or we are nationally recognised as the kind of suckers who are always ready and ripe for plucking.
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 09:45 - May 12 with 2286 viewsNorthernr

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 09:44 - May 12 by stevec

...although, to pick us out of 24 Championship teams likely to be interested in a League One relegateé suggests the agent has either been doing his homework or we are nationally recognised as the kind of suckers who are always ready and ripe for plucking.

Having run out of actual things to turn into a chance to slag the club off, you're now using imaginary things.
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 09:52 - May 12 with 2273 viewsJamesB1979

If we sign him, we could always boo him for a few games and loan him back to Swindon. Just a thought.
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 09:56 - May 12 with 2263 viewsstevec

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 09:45 - May 12 by Northernr

Having run out of actual things to turn into a chance to slag the club off, you're now using imaginary things.

Well somebody's gotta do it.

Swindon Town, that's all i'm saying.
[Post edited 12 May 2017 9:57]
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:10 - May 12 with 2214 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just because we tended to buy dross in the past doesn't mean every player in every relegated team is useless.
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:14 - May 12 with 2198 viewsdaveB

Some relegated teams have good players. That forward at Wigan Bogle looked decent and Blackburn have a few players I'd have like Sam Gallagher.

This kind of thing happens every window though, we get linked to a player no one has heard of, people go mad and slaughter the club's ambition then it turns out the story wasn't true, we don't sign them and everyone forgets it until the next one gets linked and repeat
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:15 - May 12 with 2195 viewsfrancisbowles

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:10 - May 12 by Watford_Ranger

Just because we tended to buy dross in the past doesn't mean every player in every relegated team is useless.

It does ring a few alarm bells though! Interesting to see he was their captain as well, another alarm bell! He wasn't their player of the year as well was he? Lol!
Login to get fewer ads

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:25 - May 12 with 2175 viewssimmo

I liked Thompson when I have seen him, agree that it's not ideal grounds to be choosing from but there are plenty of good players you can take from underperforming squads.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:26 - May 12 with 2173 viewsstevec

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:10 - May 12 by Watford_Ranger

No, but when we play the percentages, we play them Bad.

Anyway, I need vindicating, so if we do sign him i'll be all over this thread like one of our dear Leaders rashes.

Swindon town? Pah.
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:27 - May 12 with 2170 viewssmegma

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 09:44 - May 12 by stevec

Or it's a made up story peddled by his agent.
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:34 - May 12 with 2152 viewsstevec

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:27 - May 12 by smegma

Or it's a made up story peddled by his agent.

Is there an emoji that does a Paxman 'Yeeessss'
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:41 - May 12 with 2137 viewsNorthernr

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:14 - May 12 by daveB

Some relegated teams have good players. That forward at Wigan Bogle looked decent and Blackburn have a few players I'd have like Sam Gallagher.

This kind of thing happens every window though, we get linked to a player no one has heard of, people go mad and slaughter the club's ambition then it turns out the story wasn't true, we don't sign them and everyone forgets it until the next one gets linked and repeat

Gallagher was brilliant against us last season, going to Cardiff apparently.

Rob Holding got relegated with Bolton from this league last season, comfortably Arsenal's best defender in recent weeks.
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:51 - May 12 with 2116 viewsrobith

I dunno, Clint Hill got relegated loads but everyone still seems to want him here

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 11:17 - May 12 with 2074 viewsstonebridgers

Not sure about him but remember he did have Tim Sherwood as his "mentor" last year so expect him and a job lot of Gilets to hit W12 this summer.

Stonebridgers

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 11:30 - May 12 with 2046 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:14 - May 12 by daveB

Was Bogle the big brute who almost single handedly tore us a second one at home a few months back?

Looked immense I thought, and plenty more to come if developed right...ahh, I can see a problem coming to us.

Pwaper ol' skool handful he was. Cost a few shekels mind.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 11:53 - May 12 with 2012 viewsdaveB

What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 10:41 - May 12 by Northernr

Gallagher was brilliant against us last season, going to Cardiff apparently.

Rob Holding got relegated with Bolton from this league last season, comfortably Arsenal's best defender in recent weeks.

are they buying him or loaning? Great signing for them
What do they say about signing players from relegated teams? on 12:14 - May 12 with 1979 viewsWadR

Thought Thompson was pretty impressive playing a sweeper role against us in the league cup last August. Very composed on the ball.

It's footballleagueworld, which is fcking atrocious and there's probably vero truth to it, but I actually think this would be an astute signing as cover for Hall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024