Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One Love Manchester. 12:55 - Jun 1 with 4081 viewsJacksDad

Tickets sold out after 20 minutes already appearing on Ebay and secondary sales websites - should be made invalid and criminal charges brought - cashing in on tragedy absolute thunderchunts.

And breath................
One Love Manchester. on 12:59 - Jun 1 with 4061 viewswestberksr

That's properly shit!

People never cease to amaze me with how khuntish they can be.
One Love Manchester. on 13:01 - Jun 1 with 4054 viewsStanisgod

Great gesture but I think it should have been left a little while. No ones even been buried yet, just seems a bit wrong.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

One Love Manchester. on 13:12 - Jun 1 with 4018 viewskingsburyR

Agree with it being a bit soon AND how can you look to profit from such a gig???

I'll second the Thunderchunts line!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

One Love Manchester. on 13:25 - Jun 1 with 3989 viewsstonebridgers

Anyone selling these tickets on the open market for a inflated price and anyone buying these tickets from these sources should be arrested.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 13:26]

Stonebridgers

One Love Manchester. on 18:12 - Jun 1 with 3863 viewssmegma

What a Shiite line up.
One Love Manchester. on 18:17 - Jun 1 with 3853 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

One Love Manchester. on 18:12 - Jun 1 by smegma

What a Shiite line up.

I'm sure Justin Biebers motivations are totally admirable...
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 18:18]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

One Love Manchester. on 18:45 - Jun 1 with 3806 viewsoddball

anyone interested in two tickets im only looking for a cheeky grand.i love the thundercats.
One Love Manchester. on 20:03 - Jun 1 with 3738 viewsLblock

And over 10,000 false applications for free tickets from scum saying they were at the original "gig"

There's proper low life's in this world

I agree this "benefit gig" is way, way, way too soon but I hope it helps

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

One Love Manchester. on 09:36 - Jun 2 with 3529 viewsBluce_Ree

Folks are scum.

I wouldn't want to be working security that day.

It'll be like the time I went to see Slayer and missed all of Machine Head's support slot because the security insisted on basically examining you down to your fking DNA.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

One Love Manchester. on 10:23 - Jun 2 with 3483 viewsrobith

One Love Manchester. on 13:25 - Jun 1 by stonebridgers

Anyone selling these tickets on the open market for a inflated price and anyone buying these tickets from these sources should be arrested.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 13:26]

There is current anti secondary ticketing legislation being discussed but nothing has happened yet
One Love Manchester. on 10:58 - Jun 2 with 3451 viewsJacksDad

One Love Manchester. on 10:23 - Jun 2 by robith

There is current anti secondary ticketing legislation being discussed but nothing has happened yet

Depending on how big the donation is it will probably go the same way as Levenson 2...
One Love Manchester. on 11:49 - Jun 2 with 3403 viewsTW_R

If any of these artists really gave a shit about their fans they could implement simple ways to ensure real fans get the tickets without being ripped off by touts or ticketing sites.

A simple method would be to have people login to apply for tickets and they get sent an encrypted code for the tickets they have "bought". When they get to the venue the code gets decrypted and they pay the face value of the ticket as they enter the arena. If someone can't make the gig and wants to get rid of the tickets they just submit the tickets back to the website for reallocation. To prevent "no shows" you can charge them the face value of the ticket after the event has finished.
One Love Manchester. on 12:00 - Jun 2 with 3385 viewsTheChef

Really amazing how quickly it got arranged.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

One Love Manchester. on 12:10 - Jun 2 with 3370 viewsNW5Hoop

One Love Manchester. on 11:49 - Jun 2 by TW_R

If any of these artists really gave a shit about their fans they could implement simple ways to ensure real fans get the tickets without being ripped off by touts or ticketing sites.

A simple method would be to have people login to apply for tickets and they get sent an encrypted code for the tickets they have "bought". When they get to the venue the code gets decrypted and they pay the face value of the ticket as they enter the arena. If someone can't make the gig and wants to get rid of the tickets they just submit the tickets back to the website for reallocation. To prevent "no shows" you can charge them the face value of the ticket after the event has finished.

First, secondary ticketing is wrong. It is just touting by another name. However, none of the acts at the Manchester concert can be blamed for it. Nor, whatever you think of Justin Bieber, is it fair to question his motivations for appearing at this, unless you question the motivations of everyone. In which case you're a cynical so and so.

Increasing numbers of acts are now looking at ways to avoid the secondary market: Adele and Iron Maiden among them. However, you need a lot of power in the market to be able to do that, and the certainty you can sell your tickets without using the normal ticketing routes.

That's because the secondary ticketing agents are owned by the big primary ticketing agents. And there have been lots of cases of the primary agents putting a chunk of their allocation straight to their own secondary sites, to cash in on the mark-up.

There's also the issue that big acts playing the enormodomes and stadiums demand such high guarantees that it is impossible for the promoter to turn a profit. And so the promoters divert a bunch of tickets to secondary ticketing sites to cover their own margins. And there are also plenty of cases — I know this from stadium promoters telling me - of the artists themselves demanding in their contracts blocks of tickets to sell through secondary ticketing.

All that said, it's never quite as black and white as you think. For instance, the costs of big arena and stadium shows are so high — venue hire, production, crew etc - that lots of big tours do not turn a profit until the very end. They only to start to recoup costs and turn a profit in the last weeks of the tour. Big tours are risky businesses - the grosses you see reported are not what the artists are getting.

Second, musicians have been ripped off by fans for the past decade. Fans now expect to hear recorded music at minimal or no cost. They made this decision without the consent of the artists. As a result, revenues from recorded music went down to almost nothing. Revenues from live performance had to be increased to compensate.

That doesn't mean people are living in the lap of luxury. I have a friend who is the sole songwriter for a group who've had three No 1 albums and have headlined festivals and played arenas. He has great management and a good lawyer. He has not been screwed on the contracts. But from all that he has made enough money to buy … a two-bedroomed house in Kensal Rise. This is no longer the days when a couple of hits set you up for life.
One Love Manchester. on 12:34 - Jun 2 with 3325 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

@NW5hoop - Well I guess I'm a cynical old so and so then. Good post mind. I'm fully aware of the difficulties faced by the music industry that you've explained so well. This benefit concert does smack of opportunism to me though. Perhaps i'm being too cynical as you say.

One Love Manchester. on 14:52 - Jun 2 with 3219 viewsBoston

One Love Manchester. on 12:10 - Jun 2 by NW5Hoop

First, secondary ticketing is wrong. It is just touting by another name. However, none of the acts at the Manchester concert can be blamed for it. Nor, whatever you think of Justin Bieber, is it fair to question his motivations for appearing at this, unless you question the motivations of everyone. In which case you're a cynical so and so.

Increasing numbers of acts are now looking at ways to avoid the secondary market: Adele and Iron Maiden among them. However, you need a lot of power in the market to be able to do that, and the certainty you can sell your tickets without using the normal ticketing routes.

That's because the secondary ticketing agents are owned by the big primary ticketing agents. And there have been lots of cases of the primary agents putting a chunk of their allocation straight to their own secondary sites, to cash in on the mark-up.

There's also the issue that big acts playing the enormodomes and stadiums demand such high guarantees that it is impossible for the promoter to turn a profit. And so the promoters divert a bunch of tickets to secondary ticketing sites to cover their own margins. And there are also plenty of cases — I know this from stadium promoters telling me - of the artists themselves demanding in their contracts blocks of tickets to sell through secondary ticketing.

All that said, it's never quite as black and white as you think. For instance, the costs of big arena and stadium shows are so high — venue hire, production, crew etc - that lots of big tours do not turn a profit until the very end. They only to start to recoup costs and turn a profit in the last weeks of the tour. Big tours are risky businesses - the grosses you see reported are not what the artists are getting.

Second, musicians have been ripped off by fans for the past decade. Fans now expect to hear recorded music at minimal or no cost. They made this decision without the consent of the artists. As a result, revenues from recorded music went down to almost nothing. Revenues from live performance had to be increased to compensate.

That doesn't mean people are living in the lap of luxury. I have a friend who is the sole songwriter for a group who've had three No 1 albums and have headlined festivals and played arenas. He has great management and a good lawyer. He has not been screwed on the contracts. But from all that he has made enough money to buy … a two-bedroomed house in Kensal Rise. This is no longer the days when a couple of hits set you up for life.

Show me the person who can afford a house in Kensal Rise and I'll show you a millionaire.😉

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

One Love Manchester. on 08:24 - Jun 3 with 3054 viewsdanehoop

I was just thinking that the people who falsely applied for tickets could probably be prosecuted for fraud if they have knowingly claimed to be at the concert when they weren't there. Given they will have passed on their contact details and credit card details shouldn't be too hard to prosecute them and donate fines towards the fund that was sr up.

Never knowingly understood

One Love Manchester. on 09:16 - Jun 3 with 3029 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Set to be the most watched concert of all time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024