Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Championship transfers 15:38 - Jun 23 with 56104 viewsNorthernr

Danny Ward, who we were after from Rotherham before we signed Matt Smith, goes to Cardiff for £1m rising to £1.6m. Was impressed with him at their place but thought he looked fat and lazy at ours. Cardiff have also signed our old boy Lee Camp.

Other Championship transfers on 15:43 - Jun 23 with 12063 viewsMedwayR

I wondered about Camp as an option for a year if we decided to loan out both Ingram and Lumley, it was always unlikely though.

Poll: Who’s better?

Other Championship transfers on 15:45 - Jun 23 with 12058 viewsWadR

In the category of realistic signings I'd have liked QPR to make:

Jason McCarthy signed for Barnsley from Southampton for ~£200k. RB/CB, 21 and has been player of the season for Wycombe and Walsall in the last two seasons out on loan.

Marley Watkins joining Norwich on a free.
Other Championship transfers on 15:48 - Jun 23 with 12037 viewsTopCat34

Other Championship transfers on 15:45 - Jun 23 by WadR

Jason McCarthy signed for Barnsley from Southampton for ~£200k. RB/CB, 21 and has been player of the season for Wycombe and Walsall in the last two seasons out on loan.

Fckin hell, Barnsley's squad is being gutted!?
Other Championship transfers on 15:59 - Jun 23 with 11993 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 15:48 - Jun 23 by TopCat34

Fckin hell, Barnsley's squad is being gutted!?

Looking that way, Hourihane, Mawson, Scowen, Watkins, White, Bree and Kent all gone from the starting 11 when they beat us 3-2 less than a year ago.

Real shame for them, fantastic team to watch at times last season.
Other Championship transfers on 16:14 - Jun 23 with 11928 viewsterryb

If I came from the capital of Wales I would be far from excited with these two signings.
Other Championship transfers on 16:32 - Jun 23 with 11877 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 16:14 - Jun 23 by terryb

If I came from the capital of Wales I would be far from excited with these two signings.

I quite fancy Cardiff next season but originally they were linked with Sam Gallagher and they've ended up paying £1.6m for Ward which is a bit of a quality gap. Warnock though, he knows what it's about.
Other Championship transfers on 13:54 - Jun 26 with 11497 viewsNorthernr

George Saville and Jed Wallace go from Wolves to Millwall.
Wallace looked the nuts at Portsmouth but didn't do anything at Wolves and was on loan at Millwall last season, again looking half decent considering the team bypass the midfield altogether 9 times out of 10.
Other Championship transfers on 14:24 - Jun 26 with 11398 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 15:45 - Jun 23 by WadR

McCarthy does seem an excellent signing and Barnsley are brilliant at picking young CB's and making them really good. Their record of acquiring youth and making them 1st team players is impressive across the board, hence why they are probably OK with selling so many this season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Other Championship transfers on 14:32 - Jun 26 with 11367 viewsstevec

Danny Williams at Reading, only seen him a few times but he seemed okay. Understand he's on a free, is he likely to go a higher level than us?
Other Championship transfers on 14:45 - Jun 26 with 11323 viewspaulparker

Other Championship transfers on 14:24 - Jun 26 by simmo

McCarthy does seem an excellent signing and Barnsley are brilliant at picking young CB's and making them really good. Their record of acquiring youth and making them 1st team players is impressive across the board, hence why they are probably OK with selling so many this season.

Kpekawa , cough, cough

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other Championship transfers on 15:00 - Jun 26 with 11270 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 14:45 - Jun 26 by paulparker

Kpekawa , cough, cough

Well time will still tell on that but Stones, Mawson and Holgate are unequivocal successes

Other Championship transfers on 15:20 - Jun 26 with 11195 viewsrsonist

Other Championship transfers on 14:32 - Jun 26 by stevec

Danny Williams at Reading, only seen him a few times but he seemed okay. Understand he's on a free, is he likely to go a higher level than us?

He was going to Huddersfield last I read.
Other Championship transfers on 18:32 - Jun 27 with 10838 viewsrsonist

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/famara-diedhiou-set-si

Bristol City are about to replace Abraham with a striker from Ligue 1. Reported fee of £5.3m, so a nice early reminder of what we're up against this summer. (In fairness they did earn three times that for themselves selling Kodija.)
Other Championship transfers on 17:17 - Jun 30 with 10396 viewssimmo

No more Greeno - they might get to the play-offs this time!

Other Championship transfers on 17:21 - Jun 30 with 10391 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 18:32 - Jun 27 by rsonist

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/famara-diedhiou-set-si

Bristol City are about to replace Abraham with a striker from Ligue 1. Reported fee of £5.3m, so a nice early reminder of what we're up against this summer. (In fairness they did earn three times that for themselves selling Kodija.)

And Kodija himself was spotted kicking around in France so presumably they scout there pretty heavily.
Other Championship transfers on 17:24 - Jun 30 with 10379 viewsMedwayR

Other Championship transfers on 18:32 - Jun 27 by rsonist

I think Kodija cost Bristol City about £3m too so they back themselves with their scouting in France. Their new forward has a very similar scoring record to Sylla at I guess a fairly similar level & cost £5.3m whilst Sylla cost £1.5m I believe, we need to have some faith in Sylla as he could turn out to be a very shrewd and good value for money signing.

Poll: Who’s better?

Other Championship transfers on 23:00 - Jun 30 with 10108 viewsdaveB

Huddersfield about to sign a new keeper from Denmark so looks like Smithies will stay now unless one of the top championship teams make a move for him
Other Championship transfers on 09:53 - Jul 1 with 9882 viewsrsonist

Other Championship transfers on 17:24 - Jun 30 by MedwayR

I think Kodija cost Bristol City about £3m too so they back themselves with their scouting in France. Their new forward has a very similar scoring record to Sylla at I guess a fairly similar level & cost £5.3m whilst Sylla cost £1.5m I believe, we need to have some faith in Sylla as he could turn out to be a very shrewd and good value for money signing.

Ngbakoto too. To be honest with the Sylla, Yeni, Pav incidents last season I don't feel as though it has been made clear enough to Ollie and Birch that maximising our assets for profit is non-optional and fundamental to the club's future.
Other Championship transfers on 09:54 - Jul 1 with 9871 viewscyprusmel

It seems that Birmingham have signed another Barnsley player, Marc Roberts on a 5 year deal. What is going on there, they must be very confident of their youth team players coming through or are going to buy a new team before August.

Charlie Adam on a free from Stoke, 31 years old anyone fancy him, could he do a short term job here ?
Other Championship transfers on 10:00 - Jul 1 with 9868 viewsrsonist

Barnsley have signed defender Ethan Pinnock from Forest Green, remember the name for when we're outbid for him next summer.

Tom Ince is off to Huddersfield for anywhere up to £11m. He's a funny one. Could be good though. Be interesting to see if this turnover stops the Derby curse.

Preposterous reports from Portugal that Wolverhampton Moneylaunderers are signing the excellent young midfielder Ruben Neves from Porto for £18m. You may remember this saga with Talisca last year.

Villa are about to disgrace themselves even further.
Other Championship transfers on 10:04 - Jul 1 with 9861 viewsrsonist

Other Championship transfers on 09:54 - Jul 1 by cyprusmel

It seems that Birmingham have signed another Barnsley player, Marc Roberts on a 5 year deal. What is going on there, they must be very confident of their youth team players coming through or are going to buy a new team before August.

Charlie Adam on a free from Stoke, 31 years old anyone fancy him, could he do a short term job here ?

£3.5m for Roberts. Brum flush with the readies again it seems.
Other Championship transfers on 10:06 - Jul 1 with 9853 viewsenfieldargh

Other Championship transfers on 09:54 - Jul 1 by cyprusmel

Charlie Adam the bucket of rusty nails and half used razor blades chucked in with gravel and rose thorns we've been lacking in midfield plus he's Ollies talisman from Blackpool. We haven't had a player that opposition fans can boo and despise since Adel & Derry

Yes please but probably out of our price range

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Other Championship transfers on 10:13 - Jul 1 with 9829 viewseghamranger

Other Championship transfers on 10:06 - Jul 1 by enfieldargh

Charlie Adam the bucket of rusty nails and half used razor blades chucked in with gravel and rose thorns we've been lacking in midfield plus he's Ollies talisman from Blackpool. We haven't had a player that opposition fans can boo and despise since Adel & Derry

Yes please but probably out of our price range

Joey Barton?!?

95% of us hated him too
Other Championship transfers on 10:35 - Jul 1 with 9762 viewsdistortR

Other Championship transfers on 10:13 - Jul 1 by eghamranger

Joey Barton?!?

95% of us hated him too

to be fair, opposition fans tend to like our managers and players more then we do these days
Other Championship transfers on 08:51 - Jul 3 with 9422 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 10:04 - Jul 1 by rsonist

£3.5m for Roberts. Brum flush with the readies again it seems.

Why would Redknapp be there otherwise??

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024