Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Championship transfers 15:38 - Jun 23 with 56130 viewsNorthernr

Danny Ward, who we were after from Rotherham before we signed Matt Smith, goes to Cardiff for £1m rising to £1.6m. Was impressed with him at their place but thought he looked fat and lazy at ours. Cardiff have also signed our old boy Lee Camp.

Other Championship transfers on 14:01 - Jul 4 with 2949 viewsNorthernr

Sunderland buying Brendan Galloway and Tyias Browning from Everton. Surprised Everton are selling, surprised they're dropping down a division, particularly Galloway.
Other Championship transfers on 14:06 - Jul 4 with 2929 viewsHooparoo

Other Championship transfers on 13:52 - Jul 4 by Northernr

1 - The rules have been significantly changed/relaxed since our alleged breach. One of our key arguments in the legal row with the league is that the league themselves recognised those rules were unworkable and changed them so it's unfair for us to be punished under them.

2 - The support, merchandise sales, stadium usage, commercial income, ticket sales, season tickets at places like Derby, Villa, Newcastle, Norwich, Leeds, Sheff Wed absolutely dwarf ours, hence they've got more leeway on spend.

3 - Clubs coming down last season and this are coming with the new Premier League money and parachute payments which are absolutely enormous.

4 - None of these clubs in two or three lumbered themselves with a wage bill anything like we did under Fernandes/Hughes/Redknapp. So we've had to spend time getting that down through sales and contract expiry, while also trying to maintain performance on the pitch. They haven't - or haven't to the same extent.

Thanks Clive. So, when do you realistically think we could start to shop in better stores again or are those days gone for good?

Much respect for Les and Hoos for the great job they've done to sort us out financially.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Other Championship transfers on 14:08 - Jul 4 with 2917 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 13:56 - Jul 4 by stevec

Much as we all hate Terry, this is a top signing by Villa, he's still far too good for this Division.

Simmo, as you say money spent is never a guarantee of anything... yet it seemed to be taken as a given when Redknapp in charge of us (??)

Like to also point out that, like Fulham in their first season down, spending big first season, when you have largest parachute payment, is key. Even if you don't go up as per them and Villa, it gives you the opportunity to sell on big (McCormack) and add to those that were successful. As such Fulham will be up there, Villa will be up there but,sadly, we won't be up there.

"Simmo, as you say money spent is never a guarantee of anything... yet it seemed to be taken as a given when Redknapp in charge of us (??)"

Considering we had a wage bill that was 3/4/10/50 times that of anybody else in the division and still SCRAPED our way back to the PL via Charlie Austin and a nicked win at Wembley, I would say my point stands.

I also don't see anything from Terry to suggest he is 'far too good for this division', especially as if he was he would be in the PL with West Brom or some other such dog home. He's really expensive, slower than coastal erosion, already won everything, only ever played/trained for one team and an enormous quim. It also means every other club that was previously ambivilent about Villa now hate them and want them to be shit. None of that means he will be worth the cost.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other Championship transfers on 14:12 - Jul 4 with 2892 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 14:06 - Jul 4 by Hooparoo

Thanks Clive. So, when do you realistically think we could start to shop in better stores again or are those days gone for good?

Much respect for Les and Hoos for the great job they've done to sort us out financially.

Well I don't think we'll ever be paying £6m+ for players again unless we get back to the Premier League or move to a new stadium and double our attendance. This doesn't mean we can't achieve though - Huddersfield had one of the division's lowest budgets, the division's lowest ticket price and no parachute payment last year. It just means we have to think a bit more carefully about what we're doing, which can be a good thing.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Other Championship transfers on 14:26 - Jul 4 with 2863 viewsparker64

I wonder how many games Terry will end up playing particularly with his injuries. No championship experience and it's week in week out. It's hard enough watching it let alone playing in it.
Other Championship transfers on 14:29 - Jul 4 with 2852 viewsTheChef

Other Championship transfers on 13:56 - Jul 4 by stevec

Much as we all hate Terry, this is a top signing by Villa, he's still far too good for this Division.

Simmo, as you say money spent is never a guarantee of anything... yet it seemed to be taken as a given when Redknapp in charge of us (??)

Like to also point out that, like Fulham in their first season down, spending big first season, when you have largest parachute payment, is key. Even if you don't go up as per them and Villa, it gives you the opportunity to sell on big (McCormack) and add to those that were successful. As such Fulham will be up there, Villa will be up there but,sadly, we won't be up there.

No he's not, he's shite.

Or anyway, not half as good as people make out.

The vankfest on Talksport yesterday was awful. What a professional and an example (!!) he is, they said. Suggestion he'll do well because his reading of the game is so good. This guy who spends half the time on the deck putting in last ditch tackles.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Other Championship transfers on 16:07 - Jul 4 with 2764 viewsstevec

Other Championship transfers on 14:29 - Jul 4 by TheChef

No he's not, he's shite.

The vankfest on Talksport yesterday was awful. What a professional and an example (!!) he is, they said. Suggestion he'll do well because his reading of the game is so good. This guy who spends half the time on the deck putting in last ditch tackles.

Richard Dunne looked shot for Prem football but bossed it at our place and Terry is a class above him.

You can hate him and still admit he's a very good footballer.
Other Championship transfers on 16:55 - Jul 4 with 2706 viewspaulparker

Assombolongo (sp) off to Burnley for 8 million , I wonder if Peterborough have a sell on clause

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Other Championship transfers on 19:53 - Jul 4 with 2633 viewsTopCat34

Other Championship transfers on 14:29 - Jul 4 by TheChef

No he's not, he's shite.

This.

I wouldn't listen to Talksport for an unbiased opinion on Terry though, Richard Keys is really weirdly affectionate when talking about him.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2017 19:54]
Other Championship transfers on 20:18 - Jul 4 with 2584 viewsTopCat34

Other Championship transfers on 14:01 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Sunderland buying Brendan Galloway and Tyias Browning from Everton. Surprised Everton are selling, surprised they're dropping down a division, particularly Galloway.

Think Browning wss on loan at Preston for a bit last year, but I thought Galloway had been playing fairly regularly for Everton? Grayson also just signed McGeady, so looks like he's trying to hoover up a bit of talent from that squad.
Other Championship transfers on 21:31 - Jul 4 with 2507 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 14:01 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Both loans, McGeady the only one they're buying

Other Championship transfers on 22:12 - Jul 4 with 2458 viewseghamranger

Other Championship transfers on 21:31 - Jul 4 by simmo

Both loans, McGeady the only one they're buying

Everton doing lots of business early. They are being slated for spending loads, but they will all have a proper pre season, have some decent youngsters there, will loan some out and get loads for Lakaku. I rate the manager and think they will do well next season..
Other Championship transfers on 08:57 - Jul 5 with 2338 viewsTheChef

Other Championship transfers on 16:07 - Jul 4 by stevec

Richard Dunne looked shot for Prem football but bossed it at our place and Terry is a class above him.

You can hate him and still admit he's a very good footballer.

He's good, but not half as good as people make out.

Other Championship transfers on 09:00 - Jul 5 with 2334 viewsPommyhoop

Other Championship transfers on 08:57 - Jul 5 by TheChef

He's good, but not half as good as people make out.

Agree with this..
Looking forward to seeing how good he is in a team devoid of superstars.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Other Championship transfers on 09:04 - Jul 5 with 2322 viewsElHoop

Other Championship transfers on 22:12 - Jul 4 by eghamranger

Everton doing lots of business early. They are being slated for spending loads, but they will all have a proper pre season, have some decent youngsters there, will loan some out and get loads for Lakaku. I rate the manager and think they will do well next season..

Everton are definitely the team to watch out for. I fancy them to make the top 6 - could well finish above Liverpool and maybe even Arsenal if the new signings fit together. They look like they know what they're doing anyway, which is a start.
Other Championship transfers on 10:22 - Jul 5 with 2291 viewsrsonist

Other Championship transfers on 09:04 - Jul 5 by ElHoop

Everton are definitely the team to watch out for. I fancy them to make the top 6 - could well finish above Liverpool and maybe even Arsenal if the new signings fit together. They look like they know what they're doing anyway, which is a start.

I don't think Everton have broken into the top 6 just yet but if one of the current cabal slips up then they're increasingly well-placed. Liverpool and Arsenal will still thoroughly outclass them on their day.

Also much as they've already spent there are still several areas that need a refresh - not just Lukaku but Coleman and Baines too.

Don't understand swapping Barkley for Rooney at all. (Much less why Spurs would buy Barkley as seems likely).
Other Championship transfers on 10:24 - Jul 5 with 2280 viewstoboboly

Other Championship transfers on 14:26 - Jul 4 by parker64

I wonder how many games Terry will end up playing particularly with his injuries. No championship experience and it's week in week out. It's hard enough watching it let alone playing in it.

That League cup first round game thrown in is gonna confuse the c@nt!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Other Championship transfers on 10:34 - Jul 5 with 2268 viewsrsonist

Other Championship transfers on 14:12 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Well I don't think we'll ever be paying £6m+ for players again unless we get back to the Premier League or move to a new stadium and double our attendance. This doesn't mean we can't achieve though - Huddersfield had one of the division's lowest budgets, the division's lowest ticket price and no parachute payment last year. It just means we have to think a bit more carefully about what we're doing, which can be a good thing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Looking back at all the money spent in the Championship last season I would say 10% of it had a meaningful, immediate impact (eg Kodija), 30% was investment that may yet still pay off in time (eg Hourihane) and and 60% went straight in the fcking bin (eg anyone else Villa might have signed).

There is still no need to feel daunted by money in this league - the margin for error is gradually getting smaller though.
Other Championship transfers on 10:43 - Jul 5 with 2258 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 10:34 - Jul 5 by rsonist

Looking back at all the money spent in the Championship last season I would say 10% of it had a meaningful, immediate impact (eg Kodija), 30% was investment that may yet still pay off in time (eg Hourihane) and and 60% went straight in the fcking bin (eg anyone else Villa might have signed).

There is still no need to feel daunted by money in this league - the margin for error is gradually getting smaller though.

The last two times (before Fernandes) that we'd got a bit silly with money and gone skint we actually then had a surprisingly good season when we had to think a bit more carefully about signings and developing players - Francis 99/00 with Wardley, Darlington etc and Warnock with Hill and Derry.
Other Championship transfers on 10:51 - Jul 5 with 2237 viewsElHoop

Other Championship transfers on 10:22 - Jul 5 by rsonist

I don't think Everton have broken into the top 6 just yet but if one of the current cabal slips up then they're increasingly well-placed. Liverpool and Arsenal will still thoroughly outclass them on their day.

Also much as they've already spent there are still several areas that need a refresh - not just Lukaku but Coleman and Baines too.

Don't understand swapping Barkley for Rooney at all. (Much less why Spurs would buy Barkley as seems likely).

I would say that their signings so far have strengthened them but of course they are going to lose some key players as well. I wouldn't be too keen on Barkley or Rooney at this point in time - Barkley presumably has to go for contractual reasons and Rooney might be going back on the cheap - I suppose that his Europa League experience would help the kids if they play them in that. It looks like a club moving in the right direction at all levels but we shall see.
Other Championship transfers on 13:49 - Jul 5 with 2147 viewssimmo

Harry Redknapp has shown his admiration for free agent Robbie Keane.

The 37-year-old striker was managed by Redknapp in Michael Carrick’s Manchester United testimonial last month.

“I haven’t spoken to Robbie really other than that game,” Redknapp said.

“Robbie is a player you would love to have around your football club.

“He is just a fantastic professional footballer.”

Nothing changes!

Other Championship transfers on 14:32 - Jul 5 with 2080 viewsTheChef

Other Championship transfers on 13:49 - Jul 5 by simmo

Harry Redknapp has shown his admiration for free agent Robbie Keane.

The 37-year-old striker was managed by Redknapp in Michael Carrick’s Manchester United testimonial last month.

“I haven’t spoken to Robbie really other than that game,” Redknapp said.

“Robbie is a player you would love to have around your football club.

“He is just a fantastic professional footballer.”

Nothing changes!

$$$$$$$$$.

Or was he getting confused with Will Keane?

What's Modibo Maiga up to these days?

Kevin Doyle must be worth a call.

Other Championship transfers on 21:07 - Jul 5 with 1947 viewsTacticalR

Wolves closing in on club record £15.8m signing of Rúben Neves from Porto
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/05/transfer-roundup-huddersfield-s
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 21:07]

Air hostess clique

Other Championship transfers on 22:10 - Jul 5 with 1844 viewsPunteR

Other Championship transfers on 14:08 - Jul 4 by simmo

"Simmo, as you say money spent is never a guarantee of anything... yet it seemed to be taken as a given when Redknapp in charge of us (??)"

Considering we had a wage bill that was 3/4/10/50 times that of anybody else in the division and still SCRAPED our way back to the PL via Charlie Austin and a nicked win at Wembley, I would say my point stands.

I also don't see anything from Terry to suggest he is 'far too good for this division', especially as if he was he would be in the PL with West Brom or some other such dog home. He's really expensive, slower than coastal erosion, already won everything, only ever played/trained for one team and an enormous quim. It also means every other club that was previously ambivilent about Villa now hate them and want them to be shit. None of that means he will be worth the cost.

"slower than coastal erosion"

Made me larf that one..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Other Championship transfers on 10:20 - Jul 6 with 1723 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 21:07 - Jul 5 by TacticalR

Wolves closing in on club record £15.8m signing of Rúben Neves from Porto
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/05/transfer-roundup-huddersfield-s
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 21:07]

This is the most ridiculous thing....

Also, I know it's not Championship, but looks like Lukaku is going to United rather than back to Chelscum. Nice to see :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024