Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Championship transfers 15:38 - Jun 23 with 56468 viewsNorthernr

Danny Ward, who we were after from Rotherham before we signed Matt Smith, goes to Cardiff for £1m rising to £1.6m. Was impressed with him at their place but thought he looked fat and lazy at ours. Cardiff have also signed our old boy Lee Camp.

Other Championship transfers on 14:15 - Jul 13 with 2379 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 14:02 - Jul 13 by simmo

I see Boro are about to spend another £9m on a player from France. My tip for the league this year (after successfully pitching Norwich last season - 8th)

My top six at the moment I think are

Boro
Villa
Sheff Wed
Derby
Cardiff
Fulham
Other Championship transfers on 14:24 - Jul 13 with 2366 viewsWadR

Other Championship transfers on 14:15 - Jul 13 by Northernr

Boro
Villa
Sheff Wed
Derby
Cardiff
Fulham

Davies and Wisdom are good defensive improvements, but losing Ince and Hughes are big blows for Derby and think they'll just miss out again.

Leeds have been active and bought well so far this summer - just signed Samu Saiz who is excellent - and I think they'll be up there.

Boro, Villa, Wednesday, Fulham, Leeds and my outside shout of Brentford for the top 6.
Other Championship transfers on 14:27 - Jul 13 with 2361 viewsstevec

Other Championship transfers on 14:15 - Jul 13 by Northernr

Boro
Villa
Sheff Wed
Derby
Cardiff
Fulham

Probably not far wrong.

As a man who does his research, you any idea why Mansfield Town are favourites for League 2? Mystery to me.
Other Championship transfers on 14:35 - Jul 13 with 2337 viewspaulparker

Sunderland in for Vaughan at Bury for a million
wouldn't be a bad signing for a lad who has scored 20 plus goals last year even though he has had a few injuries in the past

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other Championship transfers on 14:39 - Jul 13 with 2328 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 14:27 - Jul 13 by stevec

Probably not far wrong.

As a man who does his research, you any idea why Mansfield Town are favourites for League 2? Mystery to me.

Steve Evans probably. He may be a fat, gobby figure of fun at Championship level but he tends to do very well lower down.
Other Championship transfers on 14:41 - Jul 13 with 2321 viewsparker64

Other Championship transfers on 14:39 - Jul 13 by Northernr

Steve Evans probably. He may be a fat, gobby figure of fun at Championship level but he tends to do very well lower down.

Mansfield have spent alot for a Div 2 side. I wondered why Steve Evans went there towards the end of last season!
Other Championship transfers on 14:46 - Jul 13 with 2291 viewspaulparker

Other Championship transfers on 14:39 - Jul 13 by Northernr

if steve evans dressed like or looked liked pep guardiola he would be managing in the premiership, but because he looks like a fat jock who would glass you in a pub over a split drink he gets the jobs like crawly & Mansfield could you imagine the uproar if he the job here

on other news my favourite player lee tomlin joins uncle Neil at Cardiff

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other Championship transfers on 14:49 - Jul 13 with 2283 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 14:35 - Jul 13 by paulparker

Sunderland in for Vaughan at Bury for a million
wouldn't be a bad signing for a lad who has scored 20 plus goals last year even though he has had a few injuries in the past

Yeah saw that, bit of a gamble as for every prolific season he then spends another 12-18months injured, overweight and moving around. He followed his great season or two with Huddersfield by then doing fck all for Brum and having to work his way back via Bury. Bit of a gamble but of course Grayson knows him well so I' sure that's what swayed it. Sunderland looking decent with the Everton boys and McGeady already on board.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Other Championship transfers on 14:51 - Jul 13 with 2273 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 14:46 - Jul 13 by paulparker

if steve evans dressed like or looked liked pep guardiola he would be managing in the premiership, but because he looks like a fat jock who would glass you in a pub over a split drink he gets the jobs like crawly & Mansfield could you imagine the uproar if he the job here

Perhaps. I do think there is a general snobbishness in the Premier League - far rather pay £30m for a French lad than take a chance on somebody out of the Championship, even though much of Ligue 1 is of similar standard to our division. Far rather buy somebody who looked good for a couple of weeks at the African Nations Cup than give one of their academy players a dozen games and see how he does.

On Evans though? Not sure. I remember watching his Leeds side play with a high, square back four at Brighton one evening and they were 4-0 down at half time. But then Rotherham were never as good after he left. One of those very good lower league managers I think.
Other Championship transfers on 14:52 - Jul 13 with 2268 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 14:46 - Jul 13 by paulparker

He's also a fckin crook.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other Championship transfers on 14:58 - Jul 13 with 2254 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 14:52 - Jul 13 by simmo

He's also a fckin crook.

Yeh there is that, will rightly put a lot of people off although it was a long time ago. Boston never recovered from it.
Other Championship transfers on 15:01 - Jul 13 with 2246 viewsWadR

Big Chris Samba on trial at Villa. Instantly retract Villa from my Championship top 6 list.
Other Championship transfers (n/t) on 15:03 - Jul 13 with 2240 viewsgordanoR

[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 15:04]
Other Championship transfers on 15:04 - Jul 13 with 2234 viewspaulparker

kyle walker going to city for 50 million !!!! he is good but a fullback should never be valued at that ! I can't help but feel that is a bad move football wide for the lad , spurs are a much better team than city , plus with their record of English players isn't great either,

Other Championship transfers on 15:24 - Jul 13 with 2196 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 15:01 - Jul 13 by WadR

Big Chris Samba on trial at Villa. Instantly retract Villa from my Championship top 6 list.

I swear to god I could build a more mobile centre back pairing than Samba and Terry out of cement.
Other Championship transfers on 16:07 - Jul 13 with 2153 viewsWadR

Other Championship transfers on 15:24 - Jul 13 by Northernr

I swear to god I could build a more mobile centre back pairing than Samba and Terry out of cement.

Redknapp's presumably green with envy at that partnership, while he has to make do with defenders who were born after the Boer war.
Other Championship transfers on 16:10 - Jul 13 with 2152 viewstoboboly

Other Championship transfers on 15:24 - Jul 13 by Northernr

Can't wait to see them concede 5 a game and cripple the club.

Muahahahahahahaha

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Other Championship transfers on 17:17 - Jul 13 with 2098 viewsrsonist

Maybe Tomlin is worth a low stakes punt. But would you really have spent £3m on him...?
Other Championship transfers on 18:39 - Jul 13 with 2052 viewsloneranger1

Other Championship transfers on 17:17 - Jul 13 by rsonist

Maybe Tomlin is worth a low stakes punt. But would you really have spent £3m on him...?

My thought exactly. I know they're very different players but I think we got Sylla, Freeman and Washington for about that combined didn't we? Take his age into account as well and it seems very inflated (no pun re Mr Tomlin's physical stature)
Other Championship transfers on 18:49 - Jul 13 with 2033 viewsdanehoop

Trouble I think we are facing is finding better than we have for cheaper than we have. As prices are just plain daft at the moment you can see why we may end up having to make do and mend a bit more than we hoped. Hell, if Mr."Swazzy" getting a run out is an indicator of our likely options next season, we should all probably be preparing for a long and difficult campaign.

Never knowingly understood

Other Championship transfers on 19:57 - Jul 13 with 1950 viewsrsonist

Other Championship transfers on 18:49 - Jul 13 by danehoop

Trouble I think we are facing is finding better than we have for cheaper than we have. As prices are just plain daft at the moment you can see why we may end up having to make do and mend a bit more than we hoped. Hell, if Mr."Swazzy" getting a run out is an indicator of our likely options next season, we should all probably be preparing for a long and difficult campaign.

Everyone's feeling pessimistic at the moment but to be honest with the market how it is it totally makes sense for us to play scavenger and bide our time and while the wannabe big beasts splash it around. Closer to the end of the window I should imagine there'll be plenty of nice bargains begging to be had.

Levy at Spurs is doing the same right now, like he does every year.
Other Championship transfers on 17:01 - Jul 14 with 1711 viewsNorthernr

Dominic Iorfa (not that one) from Wolves to Ipswich. Leggy, athletic full back, always liked the look of him.
Other Championship transfers on 17:04 - Jul 14 with 1705 viewskingo

Other Championship transfers on 17:01 - Jul 14 by Northernr

Dominic Iorfa (not that one) from Wolves to Ipswich. Leggy, athletic full back, always liked the look of him.

Because of his name, I have always looked out for him and when I saw he was likely leaving Wolves, I had hoped we might be in for him. But not to be as it seems.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Other Championship transfers on 08:27 - Jul 15 with 1531 viewsrsonist

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/10948845/brentford-set-to-sign-neal

"Brentford are set to sign promising young St Etienne striker Neal Maupay, while they also want to sign Exeter forward Ollie Watkins."

Impressive stuff from Brentford as usual. Hoped we might be interested in Watkins, I like him a lot.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2017 8:29]
Other Championship transfers on 08:38 - Jul 15 with 1507 viewsrsonist

Other Championship transfers on 14:24 - Jul 13 by WadR

Davies and Wisdom are good defensive improvements, but losing Ince and Hughes are big blows for Derby and think they'll just miss out again.

Leeds have been active and bought well so far this summer - just signed Samu Saiz who is excellent - and I think they'll be up there.

Boro, Villa, Wednesday, Fulham, Leeds and my outside shout of Brentford for the top 6.

Agreed all round. Sneaky feeling Monk might just struggle and that Leeds will get one over on him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024