Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Championship transfers 15:38 - Jun 23 with 56469 viewsNorthernr

Danny Ward, who we were after from Rotherham before we signed Matt Smith, goes to Cardiff for £1m rising to £1.6m. Was impressed with him at their place but thought he looked fat and lazy at ours. Cardiff have also signed our old boy Lee Camp.

Other Championship transfers on 14:40 - Jul 17 with 3010 viewsWadR

Other Championship transfers on 13:56 - Jul 17 by Northernr

I like Isgrove that's gone to Barnsley as well. They seem to do it really well at the moment (though they'll do well to stay out of the bottom 3 with all the players they've lost). Them and Brentford regularly sign players I've quite liked elsewhere - Bradshaw, Henry, Watkins...

Oh I'd missed the Isgrove move, another astute signing.

Agree it'll be hard for them. Lost Roberts, Scowen and Marley Watkins this summer on top of Hourihane, Bree and Winnall in January- might well still lose Yiadom too.

Brentford and Barnsley have this enviable knack of actually improving (or at least not collapsing) when their best players get picked off. Henry as a replacement for Bidwell, Bradshaw seemed to pick up from Winnall pretty seamlessly, George Moncur looked quite good towards the end of last season as Hourihane's replacement.

RE: Assombalonga. £60k p/w reportedly. Thought he looked a bit fat and disinterested at LR last season.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 14:41]
Other Championship transfers on 14:41 - Jul 17 with 3008 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 14:37 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Assombalonga Forest to Boro for £14m. Championship striker moves between Championship clubs for £14m.

Injury prone too. Utter madness. I hope majority of our fans see that as a reason we're struggling to compete in this market, rather than just looking at the fact others are spending and wondering why we're not

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other Championship transfers on 15:37 - Jul 17 with 2969 viewskensalriser

Kinell. Isn't this an obvious effect of hugely increased parachute payments though?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Other Championship transfers on 16:12 - Jul 17 with 2899 viewsenfieldargh

I know not a championship transfer but Tom Nichols p'boro to Bristol Rovers.

This was the guy at Exeter two seasons ago who was hyped up like Watkins

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Other Championship transfers on 17:19 - Jul 17 with 2850 viewsNorthernr

Kpekawa lasted a year at Barnsley - offloaded to Colchester on a perm.
Other Championship transfers on 17:25 - Jul 17 with 2839 viewssimmo

Other Championship transfers on 17:19 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Kpekawa lasted a year at Barnsley - offloaded to Colchester on a perm.

Evil Les vindicated again... The smug bastard.

Other Championship transfers on 18:00 - Jul 17 with 2778 viewsswitchingcode

Other Championship transfers on 16:12 - Jul 17 by enfieldargh

I know not a championship transfer but Tom Nichols p'boro to Bristol Rovers.

This was the guy at Exeter two seasons ago who was hyped up like Watkins

Bit of a worry that
Other Championship transfers on 20:51 - Jul 17 with 2663 viewseghamranger

Other Championship transfers on 23:35 - Jul 15 by enfieldargh

Arry dodgeykness after Ashley Cole

And Stewart Downing and Robbie Keane....

The brum team will be old and very expensive!!
Login to get fewer ads

Other Championship transfers on 22:17 - Jul 17 with 2546 viewsBoston

Other Championship transfers on 20:51 - Jul 17 by eghamranger

And Stewart Downing and Robbie Keane....

The brum team will be old and very expensive!!

....and shit.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Other Championship transfers on 22:29 - Jul 17 with 2524 viewsLblock

Other Championship transfers on 22:17 - Jul 17 by Boston

....and shit.

Inshallah

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Other Championship transfers on 22:35 - Jul 17 with 2510 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 18:00 - Jul 17 by switchingcode

Bit of a worry that

Don't think so. Watkins very different to Nicholls, and I still quite like Nicholls having seen him at Peterborough. Good signing for Bristol R.
Other Championship transfers on 22:53 - Jul 17 with 2478 viewsswitchingcode

Other Championship transfers on 22:35 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Don't think so. Watkins very different to Nicholls, and I still quite like Nicholls having seen him at Peterborough. Good signing for Bristol R.

Hope you are right as it looks like Watkins is now a bee
Other Championship transfers on 22:57 - Jul 17 with 2482 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 22:53 - Jul 17 by switchingcode

Hope you are right as it looks like Watkins is now a bee

Jealous.
Other Championship transfers on 09:09 - Jul 18 with 2387 viewsBlue_Castello

Other Championship transfers on 14:37 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Assombalonga Forest to Boro for £14m. Championship striker moves between Championship clubs for £14m.

Jeez I just can't get my head round the fact that somebody wants to pay £14 million for Assombalonga, who when he played at Loftus road last season looked very average.

He's obviously got talent and a goalscorer but never in a month of Sunday's as good as somebody like Charlie Austin. The transfer system has gone totally pear shaped how can we possibly compete in our current situation, we are obviously working to a budget to appease the FFP masters and I doubt the owners want to loose any more money after the huge amount they have already shelled out.

Let's hope we can work like Huddersfield did last season, they managed pretty well on mainly free transfers and loans.
Other Championship transfers on 09:07 - Jul 19 with 2179 viewssimmo

Watkins official at Brentford. Every time there's a player from the lower leagues I quietly hope we look at, the Bees seem to sign them up. Bentley, Henry, Sawyers... Good luck to them, their model has been mostly brilliant the last few years, showing us how it can be done.

Frazier Campbell also back at Hull, decent signing for them, there's a lot of 'nostalgia moves' with players returning to former clubs so far in this window - good omen to get Clint Hill back??

EDIT: Pennington loan to Leeds from Everton, excellent signing IMO - I really rate him
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 9:10]

Other Championship transfers on 10:14 - Jul 19 with 2109 viewsStanisgod

Other Championship transfers on 08:27 - Jul 15 by rsonist

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/10948845/brentford-set-to-sign-neal

"Brentford are set to sign promising young St Etienne striker Neal Maupay, while they also want to sign Exeter forward Ollie Watkins."

Impressive stuff from Brentford as usual. Hoped we might be interested in Watkins, I like him a lot.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2017 8:29]

Cant we just nick Brentfords scouts

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Other Championship transfers on 10:30 - Jul 19 with 2089 viewsrsonist

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/19/liverpool-midfielder-kevin-stewar

Dunno what's going on here. Sell Robertson for £10m, give £8m back for a lad who's barely had a game at the age of 23.

In other news, Arnautovic to West Ham for £24m is typically abysmal.
Other Championship transfers on 10:35 - Jul 19 with 2072 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 10:30 - Jul 19 by rsonist

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/19/liverpool-midfielder-kevin-stewar

Dunno what's going on here. Sell Robertson for £10m, give £8m back for a lad who's barely had a game at the age of 23.

In other news, Arnautovic to West Ham for £24m is typically abysmal.

If it's the Allams it'll be dodgy and they'll be making something from it.
Other Championship transfers on 10:38 - Jul 19 with 2063 viewsrsonist

Other Championship transfers on 09:07 - Jul 19 by simmo

Watkins official at Brentford. Every time there's a player from the lower leagues I quietly hope we look at, the Bees seem to sign them up. Bentley, Henry, Sawyers... Good luck to them, their model has been mostly brilliant the last few years, showing us how it can be done.

Frazier Campbell also back at Hull, decent signing for them, there's a lot of 'nostalgia moves' with players returning to former clubs so far in this window - good omen to get Clint Hill back??

EDIT: Pennington loan to Leeds from Everton, excellent signing IMO - I really rate him
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 9:10]

Worth remembering Ollie laughed off links to Campbell in January saying he was way out of our league financially.

Re Pennington, loved this:

Other Championship transfers on 10:43 - Jul 19 with 2051 viewsrsonist

I'm sitting here pondering which of

Walker £50m
Arnautovic £24m
"Kevin Stewart" £8m

is the worst deal, and now smoke's pouring from my ears and I've got a nosebleed.
Other Championship transfers on 11:28 - Jul 19 with 2005 viewspaulparker

Other Championship transfers on 10:43 - Jul 19 by rsonist

I'm sitting here pondering which of

Walker £50m
Arnautovic £24m
"Kevin Stewart" £8m

is the worst deal, and now smoke's pouring from my ears and I've got a nosebleed.

Kevin Stewart at 8 million !!!!!!!!!!!! the bloke is coming up 24 and has hardly played 30 games, we are well out of this madness
Fulham did well though to get Ojo on a seasons loan he is a good player

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other Championship transfers on 12:20 - Jul 19 with 1953 viewscaliforniahoop

Other Championship transfers on 14:40 - Jul 17 by WadR

Oh I'd missed the Isgrove move, another astute signing.

Agree it'll be hard for them. Lost Roberts, Scowen and Marley Watkins this summer on top of Hourihane, Bree and Winnall in January- might well still lose Yiadom too.

Brentford and Barnsley have this enviable knack of actually improving (or at least not collapsing) when their best players get picked off. Henry as a replacement for Bidwell, Bradshaw seemed to pick up from Winnall pretty seamlessly, George Moncur looked quite good towards the end of last season as Hourihane's replacement.

RE: Assombalonga. £60k p/w reportedly. Thought he looked a bit fat and disinterested at LR last season.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 14:41]

I think they have also got Zeki Freyers from palace on a free.
Other Championship transfers on 12:49 - Jul 19 with 1908 viewsrsonist

Other Championship transfers on 11:28 - Jul 19 by paulparker

Kevin Stewart at 8 million !!!!!!!!!!!! the bloke is coming up 24 and has hardly played 30 games, we are well out of this madness

Ojo can still choose to go to Boro or Derby too I think but I agree Fulham would look ominous if they did pull that off (and sign that striker they're after).

We might as well try and flog Charlie Owens or Chris Paul for £6m each if Stewart's going for £8m. £40m for Grant Hall and all.
Other Championship transfers on 13:57 - Jul 19 with 1832 viewssimmo

Leeds confirm Pennington - their 9th signing so far!

Birmingham also in for Hugill, will be pissed if they get him, that's an actual great signing that I wish we had the money for....

Other Championship transfers on 14:13 - Jul 19 with 1799 viewsNorthernr

Other Championship transfers on 11:28 - Jul 19 by paulparker

Do you know I can't ever recall seeing Kevin Stewart play. And watching football is all I bloody do! £8m!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024