Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lisbon 14:52 - Jun 24 with 2219 viewswombat

As this place is the font of all knowledge when it comes to travel, anyone know how far the airport is from the main town ? And the best way in late at night any trains etc Aval

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Lisbon on 14:53 - Jun 24 with 2214 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lisbon on 15:21 - Jun 24 with 2184 viewsMedwayR

I went a few years ago so I can't remember how long it took but I'm fairly certain that the airport is on the metro system which would likely run late into the night, maybe 1am I guess. Search Lisbon metro system on google and you'll probably find all the information there.

Poll: Who’s better?

Lisbon on 15:51 - Jun 24 with 2159 views08olesen

Visited about a month ago. Airport is fairly central, a short taxi ride.

Visit the Time Out market, its great for food. Take the tram ride to the castle for a good view.

A great city, easy to walk around and lots to see.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Lisbon on 18:28 - Jun 24 with 2096 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Here is my two pennies worth

Lisbon on 18:44 - Jun 24 with 2089 viewsMonahoop

Was there last year. One of my favourite cities. Less tense and pretentious like some European capitals.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Lisbon on 19:18 - Jun 24 with 2062 viewsdanehoop

Lisbon on 18:44 - Jun 24 by Monahoop

Was there last year. One of my favourite cities. Less tense and pretentious like some European capitals.

Try to get to estoril and cascais. About 30 mins by train from the centre, nice beach and promenade. Good restaurants and nice change from central Lisbon.

Never knowingly understood

Lisbon on 19:25 - Jun 24 with 2055 viewssmegma

Lisbon on 19:18 - Jun 24 by danehoop

Try to get to estoril and cascais. About 30 mins by train from the centre, nice beach and promenade. Good restaurants and nice change from central Lisbon.

Was in Estoril two years ago and Cascais for Euro 2004, lovely part of the world. Much better than the Algarve and less chavs
Lisbon on 19:44 - Jun 24 with 2040 viewsTacticalR

Went there about 30 years ago before any of the EU money had come in and Lisbon was very run down. I really liked the National Palace and Castle of the Moors at Sintra.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Lisbon on 23:21 - Jun 24 with 1988 viewsHooped_Pullie

Feel qualified to comment on this one as Lisbon is actually where Mrs Pullie & I went for our honeymoon back in 2010 - yes, airport not too far, a city beautifully divided between the old and the new. We stayed in the old town (mere few metres from the famous arch) in a Pombalina building designed & built to withstand earthquakes ! Loads to see and do, and as others have said get to the places (e.g., Cascais) you can easily reach in 30 minutes via their excellent public transport. Try and get to Luz and visit Benfica FC as well, great stadium tour. We were there in early July that year and it was 43 degrees, which even given their lovely dry air climate was a little hard to take. Overall though, brilliant place to visit.
Lisbon on 23:47 - Jun 24 with 1973 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I'd love to go. I hear it's great.
Lisbon on 00:42 - Jun 25 with 1955 viewswombat

Lisbon on 23:47 - Jun 24 by CroydonCaptJack

I'd love to go. I hear it's great.

Cheers as always chaps, whistle stop tour land late weds night back out on the Sunday lunchtime NOS 17 festival so won't be much time to site see while I'm there

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024