Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STANS GAME 21:31 - Jul 4 with 46323 viewsdigswellhoop

IAM TOTALY DISGUSTED THAT ONLY 3.500 TICKETS HAVE BEEN SOLD WHWRE ARE THE QPR FANS IF ITS NOT A FULL HOUSE WE WILL BE A DISGRACE
STANS GAME on 17:05 - Jul 5 with 2734 viewscyprusmel

STANS GAME on 10:54 - Jul 5 by PunteR

Cmon cyprusmel.. get with the times man.

Not sure about leaflets through the door idea.
Stans game is on the offish. Maybe promote the game via radio adverts and tv.?

I understand what you say punterR I envy the youth some times, my granddaughter knows more about computers and social media than I do and she is only 6 years old.
If I tell you I was at Loftus Road when Jack Taylor was the manager you may get an idea about how old I am. I know many people older than me are into this new world of electronic wizardry but for me I am happy with my limited knowledge.
STANS GAME on 17:13 - Jul 5 with 2719 viewsDylanP

I hope to hell that people turn up and show their support for the great man.

To be honest, it was always a bit of a stretch to think that we would fill the ground. I've been to lots of testimonials through the years and they always draw small crowds. Its a shame, but its reality.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

STANS GAME on 17:35 - Jul 5 with 2673 viewsBoston

STANS GAME on 17:13 - Jul 5 by DylanP

I hope to hell that people turn up and show their support for the great man.

To be honest, it was always a bit of a stretch to think that we would fill the ground. I've been to lots of testimonials through the years and they always draw small crowds. Its a shame, but its reality.

I thought the key to a testimonials attendance was to play Celtic?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

STANS GAME on 17:41 - Jul 5 with 2653 viewsJuzzie

Half the ground is closed so I'm not sure how Digswellhoop or anyone else expects us to fill Loftus Road.

Much has been said about previous testimonials/charity games, it being summer holidays, etc etc so wont dwell on that.

I'm in my last few weeks of my forties yet never saw him play. I am, just as I'm sure many younger than myself are, fully aware of who he his and just how amazing a player he was and contributed to putting QPR on the map. However, for me, his impact will never resonate as much as say Alan McDonald who I saw live for pretty much his entire QPR career.

I was at the Brentford v QPR benefit match many years ago and sady I cannot make Bowles' game as that day is my 50th birthday and I have other plans.

I won't be buying a match tocket and not going but I will be making a direct donation to ensure as much as possible goes to his cause.
STANS GAME on 17:44 - Jul 5 with 2644 viewsNorthernr

STANS GAME on 17:41 - Jul 5 by Juzzie

Half the ground is closed so I'm not sure how Digswellhoop or anyone else expects us to fill Loftus Road.

Much has been said about previous testimonials/charity games, it being summer holidays, etc etc so wont dwell on that.

I'm in my last few weeks of my forties yet never saw him play. I am, just as I'm sure many younger than myself are, fully aware of who he his and just how amazing a player he was and contributed to putting QPR on the map. However, for me, his impact will never resonate as much as say Alan McDonald who I saw live for pretty much his entire QPR career.

I was at the Brentford v QPR benefit match many years ago and sady I cannot make Bowles' game as that day is my 50th birthday and I have other plans.

I won't be buying a match tocket and not going but I will be making a direct donation to ensure as much as possible goes to his cause.

Ground will open as demand dictates - so if they sell 18,000 tickets all of it will be open.
STANS GAME on 17:54 - Jul 5 with 2607 viewsAntti_Heinola

STANS GAME on 13:36 - Jul 5 by Boston

I attend 3/6 games a year. As is my nature, I chat to Rangers fans while travelling, especially on the away trips and, although this and other mb's appear to users to be reflective of QPR support / info / interest, they are not. Over the years I've come to realize that it's only a small proportion of R's who use these mediums, the fans who frequent a local pub I pop into are under the impression that the posters on these boards are erm, well I'll be polite, sad. If this is as widespread as I think it is, then advertising the Stan fixture would require a different approach, direct calling, a nod to Robert Elms, billboard on the Westway , whatever. Just because we're embroiled in Rangers chat sites , we tend to lose sight that to most it's a passing pleasure, well down the list of everyday commitments.

With respect, any QPR fan who goes to games and is not a casual follower who looks out for results (where? In the sunday papers?) does not follow QPR somehow online, whether through forums, social media or the official site is going to be in an enormous minority. Even allowing for journos and other interested people, QPR's twitter has 355000 followers, plus around three quarters of a million on facebook. Stan's plight has been in national papers. Trust me, sales have absolutely eff all to do with some lack of advertising.

Bare bones.

STANS GAME on 17:59 - Jul 5 with 2593 viewsBoston

STANS GAME on 17:41 - Jul 5 by Juzzie

Good point re age of fans, wonder how old Digswell is, 54 - 64?

STANS GAME on 18:02 - Jul 5 with 2579 viewsJuzzie

STANS GAME on 17:44 - Jul 5 by Northernr

Ground will open as demand dictates - so if they sell 18,000 tickets all of it will be open.

I know but posts are alluding to the fact we've not sold out the whole ground when it's clear it was never going to happen, as nuch as we'd love it to.
Login to get fewer ads

STANS GAME on 18:05 - Jul 5 with 2568 viewsBoston

STANS GAME on 17:54 - Jul 5 by Antti_Heinola

With respect, any QPR fan who goes to games and is not a casual follower who looks out for results (where? In the sunday papers?) does not follow QPR somehow online, whether through forums, social media or the official site is going to be in an enormous minority. Even allowing for journos and other interested people, QPR's twitter has 355000 followers, plus around three quarters of a million on facebook. Stan's plight has been in national papers. Trust me, sales have absolutely eff all to do with some lack of advertising.

355,000! Sleeping, we're a comatose giant.

STANS GAME on 18:27 - Jul 5 with 2528 viewsstan4england

About time I contributed given my longstanding forum name. I am devastated to be on holiday with the family for the game. I just went online and there is no option to simply make a donation of the ticket price. I'll ask the Box Office if that could be set up and publicised.

I'm not sure if I'd be a QPR fan but for Stan (and possibly my sister's boyfriend who tolerated a 12 year old in tow)!
STANS GAME on 19:08 - Jul 5 with 2462 viewss1cRanger

I am too young to have seen Stanley Bowles play (turned 30 just last week) I have however got a ticket for the game on the 29th and will be treating it like a celebration for a QPR hero that I have read and watched videos of. I started supporting when we where only just promoted into the Championship with Ollie in command for his first stint. Since then it has been a rollercoaster of a ride and I want to embrace a happy day at Loftus Road when we were one of the best teams in England!

Although I will be on my own I will wear a smile all day long and clap Stan Bowles until my hands are sore.

I think the history of a football club is as important as its current achievements

s1c
STANS GAME on 20:25 - Jul 5 with 2385 viewssuperstan

STANS GAME on 11:58 - Jul 5 by Antti_Heinola

I really don't buy thus people don't know about it stuff. They do. Of course they do. The odd one, maybe. But sending out leaflets etc seems an unnecessary expense. When it's a big game people know quickly enough what time to get online abd buy tickets.

I think there are sevetal factors, the main one being the vast majority of people won't buy tickets in advance for a friendly game. The next is that, as has been said above, the whole Stan thing has been a kwars with various partiesin competition to show who cares more about Stan. And i think those fans grossly overestimayed what sort of crowd Stan would attract. Hope i'm wrong and am sure on the day the turnstile les will do a brisk trade - so brisk that people will complain the club werent irganised enough to meet the demands of on the day sales. Thats how it works. When the club b does bend over backwatds, they still get pelters.

As for someone above saying they went to a Stan benefit and no one was there... i went to one around 2000ish with QPR die hards of the time like markrtid, lloydy, coley, joeletaxi etc and it was rammed in the pub. And it was a fantastic night.

Don't know why you think this was not true, I've no reason to lie,as said 3 of us was all that turned up and this was in Northolt which has a long standing fan base so turn out should have been good.
STANS GAME on 20:30 - Jul 5 with 2372 viewsDylanP

STANS GAME on 17:54 - Jul 5 by Antti_Heinola

When I read that "QPR's twitter has 355000 followers, plus around three quarters of a million on facebook" I assumed that must be a typo. So I looked it up.

It turns out that 710,794 people have followed QPR's Facebook page. How the hell is that possible????

OK, so there is me and my son, plus you lot, that brings us to about 30. Who the hell are the other 710,764 people?? If 2.5% of the Facebook followers went to every game, we would have a full house every week. Weird, if you ask me.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

STANS GAME on 20:48 - Jul 5 with 2350 viewsAntti_Heinola

STANS GAME on 20:25 - Jul 5 by superstan

Don't know why you think this was not true, I've no reason to lie,as said 3 of us was all that turned up and this was in Northolt which has a long standing fan base so turn out should have been good.

Soz mate i didnt mean to make it sound like i was doubting you! Just pointing out an opposite turn out to a similar event in the same sort of era - ie, proving fans do care about stan. I was surprised by your story but don't doubt its veracity!

Bare bones.

STANS GAME on 20:57 - Jul 5 with 2338 viewssuperstan

STANS GAME on 20:48 - Jul 5 by Antti_Heinola

Soz mate i didnt mean to make it sound like i was doubting you! Just pointing out an opposite turn out to a similar event in the same sort of era - ie, proving fans do care about stan. I was surprised by your story but don't doubt its veracity!

No problem, I just felt so bad for Stan (with just us to talk to) he looked totally dejected that night.
STANS GAME on 21:06 - Jul 5 with 2326 viewsflynnbo

STANS GAME on 13:43 - Jul 5 by kingsburyR

I'd be there but I'm on me holi-bobs!

Same as.
STANS GAME on 22:16 - Jul 5 with 2255 viewsPunteR

STANS GAME on 17:05 - Jul 5 by cyprusmel

I understand what you say punterR I envy the youth some times, my granddaughter knows more about computers and social media than I do and she is only 6 years old.
If I tell you I was at Loftus Road when Jack Taylor was the manager you may get an idea about how old I am. I know many people older than me are into this new world of electronic wizardry but for me I am happy with my limited knowledge.

To be fair mate your not missing much. LFW is all you really need. And Youtube.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

STANS GAME on 22:27 - Jul 5 with 2239 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'm afraid we just don't do friendlies or testimonials!

The only one I've ever heard as being remotely busy, was Barker's testimonial against Jamaica. And even then it was because the vast majority of the crowd had come for the Raggae Boyz, and probably knew Ronnie Barker more than Simon!

It seems this matter has been an unholy and undignified mess from the outset. I avoid as much as possible, engaging with some of the more odious elements of the Rfosi, so reading about warring factions, while not a surprise, was news to me!

Maybe, just maybe, we should have left it at the Rotherham game, and arrange for collection buckets around Loftus Road at home games. Thus far, Hoos looks to be right and if we don't break 10,000, especially after all the hullabaloo, we'll all look bad.

I'll get a ticket, but obviously won't be heading back for it, and reading this thread, I'm not sure whether I'm unsurprised, annoyed or just angry with it all. What an embarrassment we can be at times and what a shame for Stan!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

STANS GAME on 02:18 - Jul 6 with 2165 viewstimcocking

Its a damned shame.
STANS GAME on 06:21 - Jul 6 with 2109 viewsJAPRANGERS

I would love to go if I could. I really hope Rs fan buy tickets in a last minute rush.

The Great Stan Bowles
STANS GAME on 06:48 - Jul 6 with 2094 viewsPlanetHonneywood

STANS GAME on 20:30 - Jul 5 by DylanP

When I read that "QPR's twitter has 355000 followers, plus around three quarters of a million on facebook" I assumed that must be a typo. So I looked it up.

It turns out that 710,794 people have followed QPR's Facebook page. How the hell is that possible????

OK, so there is me and my son, plus you lot, that brings us to about 30. Who the hell are the other 710,764 people?? If 2.5% of the Facebook followers went to every game, we would have a full house every week. Weird, if you ask me.

Click farms in India!

The twitter account of the PM of Cambodia - a country of just over 14m people - has a few million more followers than Obama's account.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

STANS GAME on 08:42 - Jul 6 with 1962 viewsRangersDave

Gutted not to be going to be honest, as my dad and I remember him well at Rangers and he always gave great value to 'that' team and hence the fans.

Was a gentleman when I asked him to sign my sons shirt about 12 years back, and I'd love to be there.
But being on hard times at the moment, I just cannot afford to do it, despite wanting to, so I'll put in for 3 tickets and a donation on top as I feel that's only fair.

Cannot understand the lack of fans going though, but at the birmingham friendly / testimonial a few years ago, there weren't that many there despite having Ian, Gerry, Macca, Stan, etc being on the pitch. But times they are a changing I suppose.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

STANS GAME on 09:36 - Jul 6 with 1914 viewspaulparker

If your going to raise money in a benefit game and get the crowd to be over 10k then you need to find a better opponents than Bournemouth ,
Danny Maddix had a testimonial against Spurs around 15 years ago or so and the crowd was good it must have been about 14k , your never going to get any more than 5k for Bournemouth no matter who its for
the whole thing has been badly managed from the fans to the board I feel sorry for Stan and his family more than anything else they deserve better
we have had 18 months and some since the Rotherham game to get something sorted we could of had and should have sorted something better , Sunderland have celtic this year in a pre season friendly why couldn't we have tried that or Rangers or Jamaica if we had planned something better got someone in decent we could have shared the money between, stan, frank sibley and dave Thomas ,
the whole thing has been p1ss poor

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

STANS GAME on 09:49 - Jul 6 with 1887 viewsfrancisbowles

STANS GAME on 20:30 - Jul 5 by DylanP

'OK, so there is me and my son, plus you lot'

Actually, I don't think I have ever been on the QPR facebook page. Been on the offy and the app (and the Twitter page looking for the line up on a Saturday or whenever)

Most things, I pick up first on here.

I reckon that a significant number of our season ticket holders might just about manage the official site.
STANS GAME on 09:52 - Jul 6 with 1873 viewsdaveB

STANS GAME on 09:36 - Jul 6 by paulparker

If your going to raise money in a benefit game and get the crowd to be over 10k then you need to find a better opponents than Bournemouth ,
Danny Maddix had a testimonial against Spurs around 15 years ago or so and the crowd was good it must have been about 14k , your never going to get any more than 5k for Bournemouth no matter who its for
the whole thing has been badly managed from the fans to the board I feel sorry for Stan and his family more than anything else they deserve better
we have had 18 months and some since the Rotherham game to get something sorted we could of had and should have sorted something better , Sunderland have celtic this year in a pre season friendly why couldn't we have tried that or Rangers or Jamaica if we had planned something better got someone in decent we could have shared the money between, stan, frank sibley and dave Thomas ,
the whole thing has been p1ss poor

I don't think the opponents should matter, the idea is to raise money for Stan so not sure why people don't just buy tickets whether they can go or not. If they sell out and only 6,000 turn up it won't matter as the money will have been raised.

The idea of the foundation is to raise money for different players who need help but Stan is the first one
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024