Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Pierre 07:31 - Jul 10 with 7626 viewsloneranger1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40530384

Saw this... weren't we linked with him a while ago, and te kind of player we should surely be looking at to bring on board? I know there's no guarantee about a play stepping up two divisions but hope this isn't a case of a potential target being taken from under our noses.

Not really bothered about Ruben Neves going to Wolves for monopoly money - as noted on that thread, only three clubs can go up and I don't think Wolves are best-placed just yet.
Aaron Pierre on 08:21 - Jul 10 with 5671 viewscaliforniahoop

Ainsworth has done a good job producing players. Scowen, IBE, Ingram, Mawson, Phillips, maybe this guy should be our next manager as our model is based in the country's mantra of austerity and he is bathed in it?
Aaron Pierre on 10:02 - Jul 10 with 5469 viewsbosh67

Aaron Pierre on 08:21 - Jul 10 by californiahoop

Ainsworth has done a good job producing players. Scowen, IBE, Ingram, Mawson, Phillips, maybe this guy should be our next manager as our model is based in the country's mantra of austerity and he is bathed in it?

I would bizarrely feel more comfortable with Ainsworth running us than Ollie at the moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Aaron Pierre on 10:25 - Jul 10 with 5400 viewsdaveB

Aaron Pierre on 10:02 - Jul 10 by bosh67

I would bizarrely feel more comfortable with Ainsworth running us than Ollie at the moment.

That would last about 5 minutes, poor sod would be hounded out by Christmas.

Holloway with all his history with the club didn't last a month before calls for him to go, he won't even make it through pre season without calls for him to go this time.
Aaron Pierre on 10:31 - Jul 10 with 5368 viewspaulparker

Aaron Pierre on 10:25 - Jul 10 by daveB

Holloway with all his history with the club didn't last a month before calls for him to go, he won't even make it through pre season without calls for him to go this time.

Pre season ?? do we actually have one this year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Aaron Pierre on 10:40 - Jul 10 with 5341 viewsQPR_John

And we only avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth. Past connections with the club mean nothing if you are not doing the job.
Aaron Pierre on 11:20 - Jul 10 with 5265 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Aaron Pierre on 10:31 - Jul 10 by paulparker

We have two actually: one open, the other closed!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Aaron Pierre on 11:41 - Jul 10 with 5189 viewsdaveB

Aaron Pierre on 10:40 - Jul 10 by QPR_John

And we only avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth. Past connections with the club mean nothing if you are not doing the job.

past connections should mean you get a bit of time and support, sadly not the case at QPR anymore which is why Ainsworth coming back wouldn't work
Aaron Pierre on 12:23 - Jul 10 with 5093 viewssimmo

Does seem a bit odd that he's a realistic acquisition in a position we need strengthen, we've shown interest before and he's available for nothing, yet not heard much. Perhaps we decided against it for other reasons or deemed him not good enough for the step up, but as the OP said it's time we started taking chances on these kind of players rather than buying them 2-3 clubs down the line for 10 times as much.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Pierre on 12:25 - Jul 10 with 5077 viewsdaveB

Aaron Pierre on 12:23 - Jul 10 by simmo

Does seem a bit odd that he's a realistic acquisition in a position we need strengthen, we've shown interest before and he's available for nothing, yet not heard much. Perhaps we decided against it for other reasons or deemed him not good enough for the step up, but as the OP said it's time we started taking chances on these kind of players rather than buying them 2-3 clubs down the line for 10 times as much.

We took a chance on this kind of player with Gladwin and he was given about 8 minutes before being written off as shit
Aaron Pierre on 12:27 - Jul 10 with 5071 viewsBasingstokeR

My Chairboy mate doesn't think Pierre is Championship material and he's seen and rated and backed to play higher level; Roger Johnson, Stephen Taylor, Matty Phillips, Russel Martin, Josh Scowen, Alfie Mawson, Ingram amongst others.
Aaron Pierre on 12:29 - Jul 10 with 5055 viewssimmo

Aaron Pierre on 12:25 - Jul 10 by daveB

We took a chance on this kind of player with Gladwin and he was given about 8 minutes before being written off as shit

Hardly a comparison, Gladwin played a third as many league games and we have a much better idea of Pierre through Ainsworth.

I am not disagreeing with you that players from elsewhere don't always get enough of a chance at QPR in recent years, but it seems a big b'stard CB in the mould of Shittu costing relatively little would be given more time and favour then a fancy player with no dedicated position coming as part of a 3.5m double deal.

Aaron Pierre on 12:44 - Jul 10 with 5001 viewsloneranger1

Aaron Pierre on 12:29 - Jul 10 by simmo

Hardly a comparison, Gladwin played a third as many league games and we have a much better idea of Pierre through Ainsworth.

I am not disagreeing with you that players from elsewhere don't always get enough of a chance at QPR in recent years, but it seems a big b'stard CB in the mould of Shittu costing relatively little would be given more time and favour then a fancy player with no dedicated position coming as part of a 3.5m double deal.

Yeah, that was my thinking Simmo.

How much would we stand to lose?

At the same time, point taken from DaveB that too many of our fan base are too quick to get on players' backs, as I think everyone on here agrees
(although I wasn't in favour of giving Gladwin more game time myself, from the bits and bobs I'd seen of him so far)
Aaron Pierre on 12:47 - Jul 10 with 4987 viewsdaveB

Aaron Pierre on 12:29 - Jul 10 by simmo

Not suggesting Gladwin was good enough but seems when we sign these kind of players who need time they rarely get it at QPR and are judged very quickly both by fans and also the club. We seem to be a club who want to do the right thing but don't have the patience for it
Aaron Pierre on 12:50 - Jul 10 with 4966 viewssimmo

Aaron Pierre on 12:47 - Jul 10 by daveB

Not suggesting Gladwin was good enough but seems when we sign these kind of players who need time they rarely get it at QPR and are judged very quickly both by fans and also the club. We seem to be a club who want to do the right thing but don't have the patience for it

Agreed. A spoilt PL tainted fanbase has not helped that.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 12:50]

Aaron Pierre on 13:35 - Jul 10 with 4843 viewsloneranger1

Aaron Pierre on 12:50 - Jul 10 by simmo

Agreed. A spoilt PL tainted fanbase has not helped that.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 12:50]

Also agreed.
In the case of Gladwin I guess it never helped that we weren't exactly a settled side last year were we?
It's harder to have patience with newer players when you're not just changing one individual a week, but several, especially in the middle of the park - how many different midfields did we field last season!?
Add to that the fact that we were looking over our shoulders at relegation for half the season and that contributes to impatience too.
PS Not justifying Gladwin boo-boys, just trying to make a general point about a lot of fans' imaptience
Aaron Pierre on 13:46 - Jul 10 with 4787 viewsDejR_vu

I think Holloway's had a pretty easy ride personally, all things considered. I think any manager who comes in and book-ends his tenure with two straight six run defeats should expect a bit of grief and a few questions to be asked. And I don't think many other clubs would be very different. I think it's his history with the club that's worked in his favour.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Aaron Pierre on 14:09 - Jul 10 with 4726 viewsPlanetHonneywood

While I do agree our levels of patience and pretension are the wrong way round, I'm not sure Ben Gladwin is the example we should be self-flagellating ourselves over. He struck me as decidedly average and not all that.

Plus, we gave him far longer to prove himself than Clive Walker!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Aaron Pierre on 14:15 - Jul 10 with 4706 viewsNorthernr

Aaron Pierre on 13:46 - Jul 10 by DejR_vu

I think Holloway's had a pretty easy ride personally, all things considered. I think any manager who comes in and book-ends his tenure with two straight six run defeats should expect a bit of grief and a few questions to be asked. And I don't think many other clubs would be very different. I think it's his history with the club that's worked in his favour.

Ramsey got far more, far nastier abuse for far less.
Aaron Pierre on 14:27 - Jul 10 with 4685 viewsenfieldargh

New scouting network in place now, Pierre was one from about this time last year

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Aaron Pierre on 15:00 - Jul 10 with 4632 viewsdaveB

Aaron Pierre on 14:09 - Jul 10 by PlanetHonneywood

While I do agree our levels of patience and pretension are the wrong way round, I'm not sure Ben Gladwin is the example we should be self-flagellating ourselves over. He struck me as decidedly average and not all that.

Plus, we gave him far longer to prove himself than Clive Walker!

Gladwin was a player from the lower leagues with some potential who was always going to take time and patience to develop. He started 8 games for us in 2 years, hardly enough to judge him on but he was written off after one game as useless and the abuse towards him and boos whenever he came on was bizarre.

I just think when we talk about wanting to buy and develop from lower leagues and the way we treated Gladwin is relevant as it shows how not to do it from a fans point of view and also from the club who never really gave him a chance
Aaron Pierre on 17:33 - Jul 10 with 4491 viewshoopdog

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see him come in good cover , young aggressive knows where row z is very strong in the air , got the makings it would be up to the coaching staff to make him
Aaron Pierre on 19:44 - Jul 10 with 4323 viewscaliforniahoop

Aaron Pierre on 17:33 - Jul 10 by hoopdog

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see him come in good cover , young aggressive knows where row z is very strong in the air , got the makings it would be up to the coaching staff to make him

Spot on, a point I was making earlier, it's about coaching!!
Aaron Pierre on 22:59 - Jul 10 with 4113 viewsBoston

Aaron Pierre on 10:31 - Jul 10 by paulparker

Yeah, a sort of pre- pubescent pre season.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Aaron Pierre on 09:45 - Jul 11 with 3883 viewsdaveB

Aaron Pierre on 19:44 - Jul 10 by californiahoop

Spot on, a point I was making earlier, it's about coaching!!

I lose track so it's about coaching again now

When Redknapp was in charge the call was for a coach rather than an old school manager so in came Ramsey.

When Ramsey was in we didn't need a coach we needed a proper manager who was up and coming so in came JFH

JFH we wanted someone less boring who gets the club and will play more attacking
Holloway comes in and well the dull draws certainly stopped, now we need a coach again.

Looking forward to seeing what we need in a years time.
Aaron Pierre on 10:16 - Jul 11 with 3839 viewsrsonist

Pierre's having to go on several weeks' trial to win a contract as a free agent in this market. If our scouts are wrong about him then so are everyone else's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024