Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trying to remember a game?? 16:49 - Jul 12 with 2233 viewstheLANEtrain

Trying to remember a game back in the mid 90's maybe (this could be totally the wrong period) when there was a huge thunderstorm in the middle of the game, and the ref had to stop it in the middle for about 15 minutes or so. Can anyone remember when it was or who it was against? Tried google-ing it but nothing came up... It could be that i dreamt it...
Trying to remember a game?? on 13:48 - Jul 13 with 365 viewsCamberleyR

Trying to remember a game?? on 13:40 - Jul 13 by W7Ranger

3????

He was clearly worth the £1.5m we spent on him 22 years ago!!

And that was when his fee was a fifth of the British transfer record as well!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Trying to remember a game?? on 13:56 - Jul 13 with 362 viewsW7Ranger

Trying to remember a game?? on 13:48 - Jul 13 by CamberleyR

And that was when his fee was a fifth of the British transfer record as well!

Trying to remember a game?? on 14:01 - Jul 13 with 357 viewsNorthernr

Trying to remember a game?? on 13:43 - Jul 13 by W7Ranger

No that can't be right. Swindon weren't in the Prem then. Maybe a League cup game, but not in between the Huddersfield and Wimbledon games, as that would've around mid-January which would've been around the q/final stages. Maybe earlier in the season v Swindon in the league cup? But I honestly can't remember...

The confusion comes because we played Swindon four times that year (two legged League Cup tie) including three times in a row during a particularly thrilling week in September.

The Hateley goal at their place was the fourth match, a 1-1 draw in the league in Feb, after the Huddersfield FA Cup tie and replay, just before the Wimbledon fifth round.
Trying to remember a game?? on 14:17 - Jul 13 with 347 viewsCamberleyR

Trying to remember a game?? on 13:43 - Jul 13 by W7Ranger

No that can't be right. Swindon weren't in the Prem then. Maybe a League cup game, but not in between the Huddersfield and Wimbledon games, as that would've around mid-January which would've been around the q/final stages. Maybe earlier in the season v Swindon in the league cup? But I honestly can't remember...

No this was a Championship (or division 1 as it was then) game a few months after Houston became manager.

I've looked it up on Soccerbase and apparently in the season after joining us (crocked) he scored twice (in 15 games), his first away at Wimbledon in a league game and the second in the 3-1 home win against Everton (they've been blotted from my memory bank as well as I don't remember him scoring at all that season).

The following season in Div 1 he played in the first game and then we somehow convinced Leeds to take him on loan in the Premier League (I'd completely forgotten that as well) .

His first goal that season after coming back was the equaliser in the cup against Huddersfield, which was followed by the goal away at Swindon (I actually saw that game live) and then the goal against Wimbledon in the cup. So that's actually five, yes five goals he scored whilst disgracing the hoops and I saw three of them.

Edit: Just seen Clive's explanation whilst I was typing my reply.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 14:21]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Trying to remember a game?? on 18:02 - Jul 13 with 313 viewsW7Ranger

Trying to remember a game?? on 14:01 - Jul 13 by Northernr

The confusion comes because we played Swindon four times that year (two legged League Cup tie) including three times in a row during a particularly thrilling week in September.

The Hateley goal at their place was the fourth match, a 1-1 draw in the league in Feb, after the Huddersfield FA Cup tie and replay, just before the Wimbledon fifth round.

Aaaaaah yes of course. We would've played Swindon the first season after being relegated from the Prem in '96. So played them in the league (Div 1?) early in '97 between Huddersfield and Wimbledon.

Holy shit... 5 goals??!!!
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 18:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024