Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Doctor Who, Discusted! 17:44 - Jul 16 with 9670 viewsmarkrtid

No mention of what team she supports.
F U BBC!
Ist and ism's is what its all about these days.

I do love women. Not sure about Time Lords though.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 09:25 - Jul 17 with 1981 viewssimmo

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 18:45 - Jul 16 by connell10

im not one mate and this winds me up!

It winds you up? Jesus...

They held an audition process and by all accounts she fckin smashed it. They haven't picked just 'a woman', they've picked a really good actress that's been in loads of mostly British TV and films and been good in them all. What's your issue?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 09:36 - Jul 17 with 1967 viewsWrightUp5hit___

River Song has a surprise coming
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 09:46 - Jul 17 with 1951 viewsDorse

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 22:44 - Jul 16 by PunteR

Or matron .

Matron who? ...ooh matron

'The Cybermen have joined up with the Daleks and the Zontarans to form 'Da Cyrans'? Fetch my Sonic Cold-Spoon. I'll soon dampen their ardour!'
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 9:46]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 09:49 - Jul 17 with 1944 viewsrobith

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 20:28 - Jul 16 by markrtid

Allthough originaly started as a litehearted thread, I would love to know your definition of "Misogynist"?
Most of the women I love are female. Except that time in Bankok but lets not go there.
Why is it so easy to ist or Ism people these days?

I can't be sexist my mum's a woman!
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:05 - Jul 17 with 1922 viewsrobith

The British psyche is unbelievably feeble these days isn't it? A woman hired to a TV show (and by all accounts looking at the possibles - the best actor - Kris Marshall? smdh) and the place loses its marbles

Doctor Who isn't a woman, because Doctor Who is a fictional character who doesn't exist. They are only constrained by the parameters of our imagination - it says much more about the imagination of those who place constraints on it.

The show's ratings have been on the slide for a while (probably due to Steven Moffat's occasionally brilliant but mostly dense, yet hasty storytelling) so freshen it up. Might even bring in some new viewers

Plus Missy was brilliant so there's a good precedent.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:08 - Jul 17 with 1909 viewsdaveB

All depends how well it's written, Peter Capaldi is a really good actor but he's had some weak stuff to work with the last few years. The Ghostbusters reboot was terrible not because it featured women but because the script was terrible.

I quite enjoy the show and it's been heading this way for a while with the Master coming back as a woman and the last episode it was mentioned a few times about coming back as a woman so does make sense.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:13 - Jul 17 with 1901 viewsrobith

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:08 - Jul 17 by daveB

All depends how well it's written, Peter Capaldi is a really good actor but he's had some weak stuff to work with the last few years. The Ghostbusters reboot was terrible not because it featured women but because the script was terrible.

I quite enjoy the show and it's been heading this way for a while with the Master coming back as a woman and the last episode it was mentioned a few times about coming back as a woman so does make sense.

Agreed, Capaldi only had good scripts this year, and the real villain of Ghostbusters was Paul Feig and his insistence on stacking the script with b grade fart gags
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:16 - Jul 17 with 1893 viewsconnell10

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 09:25 - Jul 17 by simmo

It winds you up? Jesus...

They held an audition process and by all accounts she fckin smashed it. They haven't picked just 'a woman', they've picked a really good actress that's been in loads of mostly British TV and films and been good in them all. What's your issue?

That dr is and always should be a man! Its my view if you dont like it Who cares!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:19 - Jul 17 with 1885 viewsloftboy

I just asked on the we love Bracknell Facebook page " who is going to teach the new dr to reverse park the tardis" some dick of a bloke on there has put me on par with a racist for daring to put unfunny sexist posts up, whereas most of the women are treating it as the banter I intended and giving it back with both barrels.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:24 - Jul 17 with 1879 viewsMaggsinho

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:16 - Jul 17 by connell10

That dr is and always should be a man! Its my view if you dont like it Who cares!

But why though? It's a fictional story about a shape-shifting alien who travels through time and space, surely who plays him/her is immaterial.

Not trying to pick a fight, I'm genuinely bemused why this has upset people.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:35 - Jul 17 with 1860 viewsDeepcutHoop

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 21:20 - Jul 16 by WrightUp5hit___

There is a phrase "Jumping the shark"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

This is a program about an alien that travels in a Police box which is bigger on the inside can change bodies when it dies, and has had enemies including a stretched piece of skin and walking fat.

But yes, a woman being the lead is where it goes into unrealistic territory.

This is long, long overdue, and hopefully injects some new life into a tiring franchise.

People frothing with anger over a kid's programme is hilarious though.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:36 - Jul 17 with 1859 viewssimmo

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:24 - Jul 17 by Maggsinho

But why though? It's a fictional story about a shape-shifting alien who travels through time and space, surely who plays him/her is immaterial.

Not trying to pick a fight, I'm genuinely bemused why this has upset people.

Exactly.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:36 - Jul 17 with 1859 viewsDeepcutHoop

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:08 - Jul 17 by daveB

Nailed it, as always good stories will make or break it.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:37 - Jul 17 with 1857 viewsMick_S

I played Boudica in a school play once (little school) way back when her name was pronounced properly - no problem for me!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 10:37]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:38 - Jul 17 with 1848 viewsPunteR

So a male fictional character thats been around for nearly 70 years suddenly becomes a woman and everyone who doesnt like the idea is being sexist and narrow minded.?
Hmm. LFW at its finest.
I dont watch the show but i dont see any reason to change the gender of "the dr" apart from stiring things up.
I wouldn't be too happy if they made Ripley from the Alien franchise a man for example..it would be daft and completely undermines that character .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:49 - Jul 17 with 1821 viewsKonk

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:38 - Jul 17 by PunteR

So a male fictional character thats been around for nearly 70 years suddenly becomes a woman and everyone who doesnt like the idea is being sexist and narrow minded.?
Hmm. LFW at its finest.
I dont watch the show but i dont see any reason to change the gender of "the dr" apart from stiring things up.
I wouldn't be too happy if they made Ripley from the Alien franchise a man for example..it would be daft and completely undermines that character .

Maybe it would be nice for young girls and helpful for young boys to grow up watching TV programmes and films where the main protagonist/hero wasn’t always a bloke, with any woman being either an assistant or a love interest? I’ve watched about twenty minutes of Doctor Who in my entire life, so barely give a sh it, but it strikes me as a very strange thing for anyone to get wound up about. If Dr Who’s entire character was built around the fact that he had a magic cock or nut sack that allowed him to travel through time, then gender might be an issue, but to the best of my knowledge, that isn’t the case. If they were changing Doctor Who anyway, then why not look at a female Doctor? Other than “PC gone mad” reactions, what is the actual problem with Doctor Who being a woman?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 11:04 - Jul 17 with 1792 viewsconnell10

Hmm. LFW at its finest.

Im left wing and i just think the doctor should be a man, people can call me what they want i dont give a fock. The ratings will fall of that you can be sure! bye bye dr!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 11:15 - Jul 17 with 1765 viewsrobith

Hmm. LFW at its finest.

A strange choice of comparison point given the character Ripley was written as a man, then they cast Sigourney and didn't change the dialogue
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 11:21 - Jul 17 with 1748 viewsrobith

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:19 - Jul 17 by loftboy

I just asked on the we love Bracknell Facebook page " who is going to teach the new dr to reverse park the tardis" some dick of a bloke on there has put me on par with a racist for daring to put unfunny sexist posts up, whereas most of the women are treating it as the banter I intended and giving it back with both barrels.

Come on though mate, that is some absolutely stinking banter
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 11:34 - Jul 17 with 1712 viewsdistortR

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 11:15 - Jul 17 by robith

A strange choice of comparison point given the character Ripley was written as a man, then they cast Sigourney and didn't change the dialogue

It was written for stuart ripley apparently, but he had to turn it down as 'boro were only prepared to release him if he could play the role in full kit, and the producers felt that that may detract from the atmosphere and might have a negative impact on audience numbers in the newcastle, sunderland and darlington target areas.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 11:36 - Jul 17 with 1710 viewsDorse

I like Dr Who. I will still like it with Jodi Whittaker. She will definitely be better than Paul McGann, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy.

I know it's a kids' show but some of the best TV is for kids. For example, Sarah & Duck.

And, of course, Topsy & Tim's Mum:

You are welcome.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 11:37]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 11:46 - Jul 17 with 1684 viewsFDC

connell10, seen yesterday

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWpPXLjl663/
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 11:49 - Jul 17 with 1675 viewsTheBlob

In space no one can hear you clean.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 12:46 - Jul 17 with 1594 viewsElHoop

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 11:04 - Jul 17 by connell10

Im left wing and i just think the doctor should be a man, people can call me what they want i dont give a fock. The ratings will fall of that you can be sure! bye bye dr!

If you are left wing then it's no surprise at all if you think that the doctor should be a man.

I don't think that a woman has ever beaten a man of any description in a Labour leadership election, let alone been elected leader. And the Liberals have never had a woman leader either.

As for the Doctor, I haven't watched it for years but I doubt that the new one will do anything very different - she'll be very Doctorish and do the usual sorts of Doctor things.

What i can't understand is why the Time Lords weren't called Time Lords and Ladies given that they must have known that this would happen.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:10 - Jul 17 with 1556 viewsblacky200

Personally I think they missed a trick here. It should of been a black lesbian woman with a disability who wants to be a man. That would keep the PC brigade quiet for a few years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024