Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Doctor Who, Discusted! 17:44 - Jul 16 with 9672 viewsmarkrtid

No mention of what team she supports.
F U BBC!
Ist and ism's is what its all about these days.

I do love women. Not sure about Time Lords though.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:12 - Jul 17 with 1838 viewshubble

Personally I think it's an inspired choice and it refreshes the entire stale (IMO) format. I mean, seriously, why the f*ck not? It's a fictional character, but not only that, it's about an immortal, reincarnating character, so on those terms alone, a female incarnation is long overdue. It makes sense, in so many ways. I might even watch an episode again.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:16 - Jul 17 with 1822 viewsisawqpratwcity

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 12:46 - Jul 17 by ElHoop

If you are left wing then it's no surprise at all if you think that the doctor should be a man.

I don't think that a woman has ever beaten a man of any description in a Labour leadership election, let alone been elected leader. And the Liberals have never had a woman leader either.

As for the Doctor, I haven't watched it for years but I doubt that the new one will do anything very different - she'll be very Doctorish and do the usual sorts of Doctor things.

What i can't understand is why the Time Lords weren't called Time Lords and Ladies given that they must have known that this would happen.

I'm left wing and two of my favourite Labour PMs were Helen Clark and Julia Gillard.

It's only a big deal that the new Doctor is a woman because it took too bloody long!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:24 - Jul 17 with 1809 viewsKonk

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:10 - Jul 17 by blacky200

Personally I think they missed a trick here. It should of been a black lesbian woman with a disability who wants to be a man. That would keep the PC brigade quiet for a few years.

Bang on. Everyone knows that you lose all credibility if your main protagonist isn't a white bloke. Anything else is just a waste of everybody's time. The last thing we need on telly is capable/intelligent/adventurous, women/people with disabilities/non-whites/fairies. It's bad enough having someone with tits reading the news or leading the London Fire Brigade, without fictional TV characters being birds as well. Let's keep TV proper.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:31 - Jul 17 with 1783 viewsElHoop

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:16 - Jul 17 by isawqpratwcity

I'm left wing and two of my favourite Labour PMs were Helen Clark and Julia Gillard.

It's only a big deal that the new Doctor is a woman because it took too bloody long!

Ah but they're PMs in a different solar system effectively.

I am not clever enough to understand all this regeneration lark. Surely Time Lords only need to worry about time and space rather than 'form'? Why regenerate at all? It's all a bit beyond me in a Mr Spock's logic sort of way. Maybe she'll stop travelling completely and settle down and have a kid or two . A Time Child - that could be fun.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:35 - Jul 17 with 1768 viewsElHoop

That's a point though - what if she gets up the duff and has to regenerate again and becomes a man?
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:35 - Jul 17 with 1766 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 10:38 - Jul 17 by PunteR

So a male fictional character thats been around for nearly 70 years suddenly becomes a woman and everyone who doesnt like the idea is being sexist and narrow minded.?
Hmm. LFW at its finest.
I dont watch the show but i dont see any reason to change the gender of "the dr" apart from stiring things up.
I wouldn't be too happy if they made Ripley from the Alien franchise a man for example..it would be daft and completely undermines that character .

Yep, anyone truly upset by it is either narrow-minded or sexist. Or an idiot. And that is fine - those people can be that, and choose whether or not to watch the show. I saw a video of a young girl watching the announcement and she was absolutely effervescent with delight - beautiful to see.
It's a freaking telly show mate, where gender has no importance on the fictional character. Anyone genuinely upset needs to look at themselves. The only sad thing is it took 70 years for the Doctor to be a woman.

Bare bones.

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:37 - Jul 17 with 1758 viewsheadhoops

the Doctor, a female?

I think I know where she has hidden her sonic screwdriver

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:40 - Jul 17 with 1751 viewsBucksRanger

54 years Antti. 23rd November 1963. The day after JFK was assassinated.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 13:40]
Login to get fewer ads

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 14:23 - Jul 17 with 1699 viewsrobith

Personally I think they missed a trick here. It should of been a black lesbian woman with a disability who wants to be a man. That would keep the PC brigade quiet for a few years.

They actually had a black lesbian in the latest season, and she was one of the best thing to happen to the show in years
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 14:48 - Jul 17 with 1677 viewsloftboy

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 14:23 - Jul 17 by robith

They actually had a black lesbian in the latest season, and she was one of the best thing to happen to the show in years

Surely it's series not season?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 14:52 - Jul 17 with 1663 viewsdistortR

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:16 - Jul 17 by isawqpratwcity

You liked Julia Gillard?
Hmmmmmm.
Surely put into power by mining companies not wanting to pay their share?
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 14:53 - Jul 17 with 1662 viewsTacticalR

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 14:23 - Jul 17 by robith

I wonder if we could get one in to save our season?

Air hostess clique

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 15:00 - Jul 17 with 1638 viewsrobith

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 14:48 - Jul 17 by loftboy

Hmm, you're probably right as it's a UK show, but series ends with an S which opens up a Pandora's box of possessive apostrophe/plural issues so I err to season because it's easier
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 15:21 - Jul 17 with 1613 viewsisawqpratwcity

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 14:52 - Jul 17 by distortR

You liked Julia Gillard?
Hmmmmmm.
Surely put into power by mining companies not wanting to pay their share?

Don't be ridiculous, if the mining companies had had their way Abbott would have won that election.

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 1599 viewsNorthernr

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 14:48 - Jul 17 by loftboy

Just to pitch in for that bit. The overall thing is the series, each individual season of it is exactly that. So it's season 23 of the Doctor Who series.

Sorry, TV journalist day job.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 16:43 - Jul 17 with 1522 viewsdistortR

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 15:21 - Jul 17 by isawqpratwcity

Don't be ridiculous, if the mining companies had had their way Abbott would have won that election.

surely the mining companies put pressure on the labour party to axe rudd, who wanted to put a super tax on all the stuff they can only rip out of that ancient land once?
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 16:49 - Jul 17 with 1511 viewsrobith

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 15:25 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Just to pitch in for that bit. The overall thing is the series, each individual season of it is exactly that. So it's season 23 of the Doctor Who series.

Well I never. I have learnt something today
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 16:56 - Jul 17 with 1495 viewsloftboy

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 16:49 - Jul 17 by robith

Well I never. I have learnt something today

Me too, still think it's an Americanism that's slipped unnoticed into the English language.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 17:00 - Jul 17 with 1487 viewsPunteR

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:35 - Jul 17 by Antti_Heinola

Yep, anyone truly upset by it is either narrow-minded or sexist. Or an idiot. And that is fine - those people can be that, and choose whether or not to watch the show. I saw a video of a young girl watching the announcement and she was absolutely effervescent with delight - beautiful to see.
It's a freaking telly show mate, where gender has no importance on the fictional character. Anyone genuinely upset needs to look at themselves. The only sad thing is it took 70 years for the Doctor to be a woman.

Maybe next time then they'll go the with a transgender Dr..? Why not..?

or is that what he/she is anyway..?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 17:11]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 17:10 - Jul 17 with 1468 viewsDeepcutHoop

This combination is literally only ever brought up by paranoid snarky right-wingers.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 17:41 - Jul 17 with 1435 viewsizlingtonhoop

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 15:25 - Jul 17 by Northernr

In the US your explanation holds, but in the UK a group of episodes of a television series is, was and might not always be a err.... series...

"Television series are without a fixed length and are usually divided into seasons (U.S.) or series (UK), yearly or semi-annual sets of new episodes."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_program

Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0
Where the groups of episodes are referred to as e.g. 'series 10'
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 17:55 - Jul 17 with 1415 viewsted_hendrix

I think Peppa pig should have been offered the Dr Who job, she made George's sore trotter better.

She's a pretty clever pig.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 01:09 - Jul 19 with 1244 viewsFredManRave

Bloody Hell. I go on holiday for a week and come back to this. The world's gone mad.

What next?! A female Hulk?!

Just in case, I've drawn up what I think she should look like and I'll be sending it off to the relevant parties. It's only a matter of time after all.

[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 1:09]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 05:55 - Jul 19 with 1216 viewsdistortR

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 01:09 - Jul 19 by FredManRave

Bloody Hell. I go on holiday for a week and come back to this. The world's gone mad.

What next?! A female Hulk?!

Just in case, I've drawn up what I think she should look like and I'll be sending it off to the relevant parties. It's only a matter of time after all.

[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 1:09]

that's not the hulk, that's serena williams coloured in green.
New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 13:54 - Jul 19 with 1141 viewsisawqpratwcity

New Doctor Who, Discusted! on 16:43 - Jul 17 by distortR

surely the mining companies put pressure on the labour party to axe rudd, who wanted to put a super tax on all the stuff they can only rip out of that ancient land once?

The miners didn't care who led the ALP as long as they didn't have a serious mining tax. Gillard dumped Rudd when she got the chance and allowed the mining tax to be negotiated away to nothing because Labour shit themselves when the miners spent $22m advertising against it.

The problem isn't that Oz can only dig up resources once, it's that huge amounts of stuff, coal especially, may still be looking for a buyer when the world turns against it. And Oz really needs that income.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024