Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funds 21:57 - Jul 16 with 4945 viewsHoopsarrr

Is anyone else curious to know why we're still having to raise funds for new signings? We've sold 3 players for £5mill minimum. With Caulker looking to depart, how much more do we need to raise? We only need 2-3 new faces and given our new policy that wouldn't cost more than what we got for Bowler alone.
Funds on 22:09 - Jul 16 with 3528 viewsPunteR

Paying back loan?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Funds on 22:37 - Jul 16 with 3463 viewsdaveB

not curious at all, if you take the money the club gets from ticket sales it wouldn't even cover the operating costs of putting games on let alone paying the wages of a big squad. The club have been living in fantasy land for a long time replying on rich people to cover the losses, we are in the real world now and need to get on with it.
Funds on 22:39 - Jul 16 with 3459 viewsrsonist

£5m minimum...? About half that I reckon.

Suggestion was that Bowler was only £1.5m up front - can't imagine we'd get more than 500k each for Doughty and Gladwin.
Funds on 22:41 - Jul 16 with 3445 viewsWatford_Ranger

Even ignoring our huge losses, £5m buys you what these days? Perch is probably worth that in this ridiculous market.
Funds on 22:42 - Jul 16 with 3443 viewsPunteR

We've blown £300.000.000 on wobble crap

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Funds on 00:19 - Jul 17 with 3312 viewsbosh67

Funds on 22:42 - Jul 16 by PunteR

We've blown £300.000.000 on wobble crap

F*cking hell, I am really impressed we got this Wobble Crap guy for £300m. That's one and a half Ronaldos. What position does he play?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Funds on 07:10 - Jul 17 with 3197 viewsDesertBoot

Funds on 00:19 - Jul 17 by bosh67

F*cking hell, I am really impressed we got this Wobble Crap guy for £300m. That's one and a half Ronaldos. What position does he play?

He looked good until doing his cruciates

Wish I could be like David Watts

Funds on 08:37 - Jul 17 with 3072 viewsDejR_vu

Goodness knows how we're going to cope when the parachute money runs out if things are that tight with it.

That said I don't think Holloway should be allowed to spend any more. He said he wanted to work with and develop what we already had and then, when he's in the door, he starts going on about how many signings / windows he needs. Maybe one or two loans for cover in defence, then he should be told to get on with it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Funds on 08:55 - Jul 17 with 3024 viewsRoller

Lee Hoos is completely on top of this situation and the various budgets will be very well defined. Of course people will still complain that we haven't bought Jordan Rhodes and will moan about a lack of ambition should Alex Smithies be sold.
Funds on 09:05 - Jul 17 with 3009 viewsNorthernr

The last set of accounts released, which covered the 2015/16 season, showed we lost £11m.

That's a vast improvement on what we were losing before but it did include:

- The maximum parachute payment. That has since halved and halved again so we're now down to £10m on parachute payments.
- The Raheem Sterling money, another £10m or thereabouts.
- The Charlie Austin sale money,

That's about £30m which was on our balance sheet 18 months ago that simply isn't there any more and has to be found somewhere.
Funds on 09:17 - Jul 17 with 2969 viewsRoller

Thankfully our wage bill is a lot lower now than then to help compensate.
Funds on 09:25 - Jul 17 with 2937 viewsrsonist

"We need to try and make some signings. Unfortunately other people have cashed in on some of their lads, and that might be something we need to do, we’ll have to wait and see.

"We’ve lost Josh Bowler, and we’re going to try and bring the right people in to help us. I’m sure by the end of the summer we’ll have sorted it and we’ll have been able to bring in three, maybe even four players into the senior group, which will help me form a fuller and thicker squad to help me do what I want to do.

"Our fans want some new faces and our group want some new faces so I’m going to try and work on that."

Why does Ollie feel the need to say any of this? It's just not constructive at all.
Funds on 09:33 - Jul 17 with 2915 viewskingo

Funds on 09:25 - Jul 17 by rsonist

"We need to try and make some signings. Unfortunately other people have cashed in on some of their lads, and that might be something we need to do, we’ll have to wait and see.

"We’ve lost Josh Bowler, and we’re going to try and bring the right people in to help us. I’m sure by the end of the summer we’ll have sorted it and we’ll have been able to bring in three, maybe even four players into the senior group, which will help me form a fuller and thicker squad to help me do what I want to do.

"Our fans want some new faces and our group want some new faces so I’m going to try and work on that."

Why does Ollie feel the need to say any of this? It's just not constructive at all.

He shouldn't need to say it but some fans are not being realistic about where we are now financially and expect us to be buying left right and centre. Ollie, Les, Hoos and the board get slated at every opportunity. Anything the club releases will have a negative slant put on it, even the player committee. Personally I am pleased that we are not splashing the cash like Harry is doing at Brum. Hopefully we will soon have a group of players who work for each other. Yes we need 2 or 3 but I imagine that the Bowler money wasn't instant and we are having to bide our time.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Funds on 09:50 - Jul 17 with 2876 viewsDejR_vu

Well, not all fans want more signings, and I can't believe the players want to see more arrivals who will threaten their places. But saying neither the fans nor the players want any more signings wouldn't suit his agenda I guess.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Funds on 10:07 - Jul 17 with 2845 viewsLunarJetman

For every post like yours, moaning about Ollie saying we need to bring someone in, there's another moaning about us not bringing anyone in!

In general, our fan base seem to never be happy, whatever is going on.
Funds on 10:13 - Jul 17 with 2832 viewsdaveB

because he is getting pelters from fans on social media for not signing players, and a few on Saturday were asking him and Ferdinand why they hasn't signed players so he probably feels it's worth explaining why
Funds on 10:15 - Jul 17 with 2826 viewsdaveB

Funds on 09:50 - Jul 17 by DejR_vu

Well, not all fans want more signings, and I can't believe the players want to see more arrivals who will threaten their places. But saying neither the fans nor the players want any more signings wouldn't suit his agenda I guess.

it's also not true, players these days expect new additions and welcome them and plenty of fans want more players
Funds on 10:15 - Jul 17 with 2824 viewsrichranger

El Khayati will surely go - played for the under 23s against Wycombe on Saturday, when all the best of the under 23s were playing in the first team.
Funds on 10:17 - Jul 17 with 2814 viewsrobith

We've lost Josh Bowler - how on earth will we replace those 2 substitute appearances (not saying he won't go on to be good in the here and now)

I'd actually be happy if we didn't sign anyone. The club has built a mentality in both C level and fan base that changing personnel solves everything. We've tried weaning off, but maybe we need some cold turkey
Funds on 10:45 - Jul 17 with 2767 viewscaliforniahoop

Funds on 10:17 - Jul 17 by robith

We've lost Josh Bowler - how on earth will we replace those 2 substitute appearances (not saying he won't go on to be good in the here and now)

I'd actually be happy if we didn't sign anyone. The club has built a mentality in both C level and fan base that changing personnel solves everything. We've tried weaning off, but maybe we need some cold turkey

I for one don't think we need 4/5 players as alluded by IH last week, a striker, RB and CB. I know I said striker but have our current crop of strikers even been really supplied with an abundance of chances?

I would say no, not enough through balls, crosses, etc, they have just fed off scraps!
Funds on 11:14 - Jul 17 with 2703 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If this is true, then we're finally balancing the books and sticking to our budgets.

If it isn't, then our CEO, DOF and Manager are working together to send signals to selling clubs that we're no longer mugs.

Either way, I'm happy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Funds on 11:14 - Jul 17 with 2703 viewsrsonist

Funds on 10:07 - Jul 17 by LunarJetman

For every post like yours, moaning about Ollie saying we need to bring someone in, there's another moaning about us not bringing anyone in!

In general, our fan base seem to never be happy, whatever is going on.

You're comparing saying with doing.

Whether we do or don't need signings isn't the point - it's coming out in public and saying (to the public and the squad) that we're not ready, what we have isn't enough, and to expect turnaround. That is a message that completely undermines what pre-season is for.

And for the moaning fans, why is he even playing to that gallery now anyway? What difference does it make at this stage of the season? Pure egotism, get on with the job.
Funds on 11:44 - Jul 17 with 2641 viewsfrancisbowles

'Why does Ollie feel the need to say any of this? It's just not constructive at all.'

He is being asked for a comment and he feels this is what he wants to say. Whether it is his real feelings or an agreed line to keep the 'media' happy or placate the fans, we don't really know

Why do we feel the need to come on here and comment on everything the 'club' says or does? Because we too have opinions, vastly different sometimes, and we want to express them.
Funds on 11:46 - Jul 17 with 2629 viewsdaveB

Funds on 11:14 - Jul 17 by rsonist

You're comparing saying with doing.

Whether we do or don't need signings isn't the point - it's coming out in public and saying (to the public and the squad) that we're not ready, what we have isn't enough, and to expect turnaround. That is a message that completely undermines what pre-season is for.

And for the moaning fans, why is he even playing to that gallery now anyway? What difference does it make at this stage of the season? Pure egotism, get on with the job.

standard practice though, every manager in the country when asked about signings says he wants 3 or 4 more to come in, doesn't mean he will sign that many or wants that many.

Holloway is probably a bit too open for his own good at times and will go into detail when asked something, I think it's a good thing to know whats happening and why they are making these decisions but when he's unpopular, as he is at the moment, then no matter what he says or doesn't say will be turned into a negative
Funds on 12:51 - Jul 17 with 2531 viewsderbyhoop

As a business, QPR is bankrupt. Costs are much higher than realisable income. The only way we can continue running is off the input from the shareholders..

If they are not prepared to fund multi-million pound signings, and who could blame them, then we are left scratching around in the bargain basement.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024