Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" 14:10 - Jul 18 with 24468 viewsLunarJetman

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-boss-ian-hollowa

FFP?
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:08 - Jul 18 with 3110 viewsdistortR

looks like sunderland are selling Mannone, wonder if all this is part of ollies way of preparing us for the sale of Smithies?
(No subject) on 22:09 - Jul 18 with 3108 viewscolinallcars

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 21:15 - Jul 18 by essextaxiboy

Jack it in when they need us the most then come crawling back when we " get good " again ? ..fck that

Absolutely. We need to get behind the team more than ever. This squad is limited to say the least but seem to be pretty much hundredpercenters for guts and effort with only perhaps Sylla sometimes looking a bit fragile temprementally.
We know there's no money available so let's get on with it for Christ's sake.
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:12 - Jul 18 with 3103 viewsBrightonhoop

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 21:11 - Jul 18 by LythamR

I dont think Holloway is addressing the generally "eyes wide open" supporters on here. IF you go on the facebook groups and twitter there are plenty of delusional fans on there that somehow think we can and should be spunking money up the wall on top dollar signings. I think his comments are aimed in that direction.

As for FFP ruling, I dont see how that can be kept secret shurly the main point of any punishment is to act as a deterrent, bit pointless if punishments are never revealed.

Also if the owners really really wanted to get passed FFP couldnt they simply gift money to the club?

Suspect that is right.

Not sure they can just throw money in or absorb debt, as has been done already by cancelling debt for shares instead...don't quote me but I think that's the case.

And yes, odd if any sanctions are non disclosable as that would negate any deterrent to others.
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:14 - Jul 18 with 3097 viewsBrightonhoop

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 21:15 - Jul 18 by essextaxiboy

Jack it in when they need us the most then come crawling back when we " get good " again ? ..fck that

Agreed Taxi. Back in the days of Ollies first stint we had record STs sold, so far more likely more will turn up if the Club is in trouble.
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:21 - Jul 18 with 3070 views2Thomas2Bowles

Loads of fans will still kick off if we are not in the top 6 and want another manager
They are in the shadows right now

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:28 - Jul 18 with 3035 viewsPunteR

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 17:31 - Jul 18 by daveB

plan is to sign players who can be developed, improve them and sell them on for a profit, do the same with the academy and produce players try at build a good side that way. It's not impossible to do this but is difficult especially in a league where every year 3 clubs coming down have a massive financial advantage.

Whats plan b and c ?
Is this workable business plan?. Im not saying its the wrong thing to do, far from it but will it generate enough money to keep a championship team afloat.
I know it might seem as some sort of witchcraft when we do it but dont most clubs develop youngsters with a view to either bring through to the 1st team or sell on.?

This FFP is an absolute joke. is it even bound by law?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:35 - Jul 18 with 3004 viewsdaveB

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:28 - Jul 18 by PunteR

Whats plan b and c ?
Is this workable business plan?. Im not saying its the wrong thing to do, far from it but will it generate enough money to keep a championship team afloat.
I know it might seem as some sort of witchcraft when we do it but dont most clubs develop youngsters with a view to either bring through to the 1st team or sell on.?

This FFP is an absolute joke. is it even bound by law?

I'm not sure if it will work but it's more chance of working long term than what we've been doing the last 10 years in throwing money at player after player and if they don't work spend more.
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:43 - Jul 18 with 2979 viewsBrightonhoop

That's part of the problem, success is achieve by spending, particularly in the Prem and worst by the top six, Everton in this window have gone mad. To the detriment of English Football and it shows in the National team IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:49 - Jul 18 with 2966 viewsNorthernr

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:57 - Jul 18 by DejR_vu

He must know that the fanbase is waiting on the FFP decision. He must also know that we can see quite clearly that we have been trying to operate within the current FFP framework. So why say "the fans might not know that" if it's about the current FFP regulations? Even he's not that daft, surely?

As Lytham says, try Twitter and Facebook. Dozens and dozens of QPR fans who seem blissfully unaware of everything you've said there. My favourite one so far this summer was annoyed we weren't in for Defoe who would be cheap, apparently, because of his age, Sunderland's relegation and his contract situation. Just because there aren't many/any mouth breathers on here doesn't mean they're not out there, hammering Fernandes, Ian Taylor etc with Tweets. Look at the replies under every Facebook and Instagram post the club does - utterly depressing.
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:53 - Jul 18 with 2941 viewsPunteR

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:49 - Jul 18 by Northernr

As Lytham says, try Twitter and Facebook. Dozens and dozens of QPR fans who seem blissfully unaware of everything you've said there. My favourite one so far this summer was annoyed we weren't in for Defoe who would be cheap, apparently, because of his age, Sunderland's relegation and his contract situation. Just because there aren't many/any mouth breathers on here doesn't mean they're not out there, hammering Fernandes, Ian Taylor etc with Tweets. Look at the replies under every Facebook and Instagram post the club does - utterly depressing.

TF has raised expectations though..

(No subject) on 23:02 - Jul 18 with 2911 viewsPunteR

I'm not trying to advocate hammering TF on Twitter but i can sort of see the fans frustrations. Especially when they can see clearly how football works these days,basically You buy good players, end of.
I maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed but even i know that just trying to buy success wont necessarily improve the club . We need to build solid foundations, i've been saying it for years, but we need to invest in it and it seems to me TF is just shutting up shop.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 23:03]

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 23:26 - Jul 18 with 2854 viewsconnell10

I won't jack it in but quite a few fans won't renew next season if we have a shite season this year! A season ticket at rangers is way to dear for the quality of football we have been getting!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 23:28 - Jul 18 with 2847 viewsconnell10

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:14 - Jul 18 by Brightonhoop

Agreed Taxi. Back in the days of Ollies first stint we had record STs sold, so far more likely more will turn up if the Club is in trouble.

Not with the price of a new season costing nearly 700 quid were I sit the won't!! We all know we pay well over the odds here!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 23:49 - Jul 18 with 2785 viewsbaz_qpr

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:32 - Jul 18 by daveB

We passed FFP for the last financial year

Given it runs on a rolling 3 year cycle and the submissions are now in April I'm not so sure. I can t see how we can possibly pass on the new rules with the premiership loses counted.
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 05:25 - Jul 19 with 2664 viewsessextaxiboy

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 22:21 - Jul 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Loads of fans will still kick off if we are not in the top 6 and want another manager
They are in the shadows right now

The ones that only appear on the match threads , slag off the team selection , announce that the game is lost and the manager is clueless if we go a goal down, continue through Sat eve if we lose or disappear if we turn it round ..
You mean those "supporters" ?
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 05:38 - Jul 19 with 2655 viewsHayesender

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/what-is-going-on-at-loftus-road?source=fa

Someone's started a bloody petition now demanding to know what going on 😮

Poll: Shamima Beghum

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 07:16 - Jul 19 with 2599 viewsessextaxiboy

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 05:38 - Jul 19 by Hayesender

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/what-is-going-on-at-loftus-road?source=fa

We are Premier League when it comes to new ways to embarrass ourselves ...
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 07:20 - Jul 19 with 2593 viewsPunteR

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 05:38 - Jul 19 by Hayesender

FPF..?
Good to see Ivor Biggen getting involved.. lol

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 07:52 - Jul 19 with 2533 viewsPhildo

Time to accept that foreign owners often buy a small to medium sized club and think that if they throw a couple of hundred million at it they can turn it into a top four club in a couple of years.

There then follows a few years of total burning of cash- the buys are often rushed and the club (being a small to medium club) does not have the infrastructure to buy or scout well in the areas it is now shopping.

The fans will love it of course but the hit from each OTT purchase gets a little less so the fanbase begins to become a problem to the owners as they have raised expectations on the level of continuing spend and performance. Successful teams are rarely thrown together at short notice. Lets see how Wolves go this year.

Finally the penny drops and the owners start to say things like 'the club has to live within its means'. But the atmosphere has often become toxic with the fans by this stage who are behaving like lottery winners who find out that having a Range Rover is not all that really.

Within the club the 'old' and 'new' era structures are often in conflict too so the whole thing becomes very fraught. Football has become quite adept as an industry at stripping inexperienced owners of the cash they have to spend and saggy chopped sixty somethings will go from club to club repeating the same cash extraction measures.

Perhaps what Holloway describes as the bomb dropping is actually the penny dropping with the owners at our place but they still do not know how they are going to manage down the fans expectations?
(No subject) on 08:18 - Jul 19 with 2490 viewsessextaxiboy

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 07:52 - Jul 19 by Phildo

Time to accept that foreign owners often buy a small to medium sized club and think that if they throw a couple of hundred million at it they can turn it into a top four club in a couple of years.

There then follows a few years of total burning of cash- the buys are often rushed and the club (being a small to medium club) does not have the infrastructure to buy or scout well in the areas it is now shopping.

The fans will love it of course but the hit from each OTT purchase gets a little less so the fanbase begins to become a problem to the owners as they have raised expectations on the level of continuing spend and performance. Successful teams are rarely thrown together at short notice. Lets see how Wolves go this year.

Finally the penny drops and the owners start to say things like 'the club has to live within its means'. But the atmosphere has often become toxic with the fans by this stage who are behaving like lottery winners who find out that having a Range Rover is not all that really.

Within the club the 'old' and 'new' era structures are often in conflict too so the whole thing becomes very fraught. Football has become quite adept as an industry at stripping inexperienced owners of the cash they have to spend and saggy chopped sixty somethings will go from club to club repeating the same cash extraction measures.

Perhaps what Holloway describes as the bomb dropping is actually the penny dropping with the owners at our place but they still do not know how they are going to manage down the fans expectations?

How about " we have been hit with a substantial fine and or transfer restrictions due to FFP . We realise that some season ticket holders may wish to review their commitment so before the season starts as the ST are electronic we are happy to cancel and refund on the receipt of an e mail containing your client no for ID purposes . "

Less than 50 would jump IMO ..

Straight and honest works best in my experience .
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 8:20]
"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 08:41 - Jul 19 with 2441 viewssimmo

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 20:07 - Jul 18 by connell10

That's all fair and good mate and I agree with most of it but the trouble is we are gonna be paying top dollar to watch shite for the foreseeable future and I can see a lot of fans just jacking it in !

That's fine, around 12,000 is our proper support anyway isn't it? That will soon change once we're on the up again - it always fluctuates.

I also don't think it's a bad thing to shed a few of the more recent PL fans, money I can understand, but a few will jack it in because we're shit, which I don't mind as long as there is a bigger picture.

Prices for tickets are frustrating, but again the club relies massively on the gate receipts now parachute payments are diminishing, so again I can cope with it (as/when I can actually afford it). The recent 0% interest deal helped a lot.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

"QPR Fans don't know that 'the bomb has gone off'" on 08:52 - Jul 19 with 2405 viewsBrianMcCarthy

As we all know it's easy support a crap team. It's harder when you think that the team should be good, but somehow aren't.

Some of our newer fans still think we should be great, when the reality is that circumstances dictate that challenging for even the play-offs will be hard.

It's time for those supporters to have more realistic expectations. They'll actually enjoy it more when they do.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

(No subject) on 09:00 - Jul 19 with 2368 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm actually happy to support a club that promotes our own and gets cheap to develop players.

I couldn't care less if we wont be signing anymore 'big', 'known', 'sought after' names.

[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 9:02]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

(No subject) on 09:28 - Jul 19 with 2295 viewsessextaxiboy

(No subject) on 09:00 - Jul 19 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm actually happy to support a club that promotes our own and gets cheap to develop players.

I couldn't care less if we wont be signing anymore 'big', 'known', 'sought after' names.

[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 9:02]

Ryan Manning or Ji Sung Park? ....thats a tough one ..
(No subject) on 09:57 - Jul 19 with 2236 viewsdaveB

(No subject) on 23:02 - Jul 18 by PunteR

I'm not trying to advocate hammering TF on Twitter but i can sort of see the fans frustrations. Especially when they can see clearly how football works these days,basically You buy good players, end of.
I maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed but even i know that just trying to buy success wont necessarily improve the club . We need to build solid foundations, i've been saying it for years, but we need to invest in it and it seems to me TF is just shutting up shop.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 23:03]

think it's right you need to buy good players but clubs like Burnley, Brighton, Barnsley, brentford, Reading and Huddersfield have shown you can do that without bankrupting yourself and still do pretty well.

The key investment at the club needs to be in scouting and coaching at all levels and that has improved in recent years but needs to step up even more
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024