Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Annual Report 08:20 - Jul 19 with 7894 viewscolinallcars

To be published today and for the first time will contain salaries earned by their presenters etc.So we get to find out how much Gary gets for talking a lot of twaddle on Saturday evenings.
BBC Annual Report on 12:15 - Jul 20 with 1428 viewsjohncharles

BBC Annual Report on 10:25 - Jul 20 by Phildo

I too am a big fan of the BBC but could not agree more and as you say the world service has gone downhill since its funding moved from the foreign office to the licence fee. It is soft power for the country around the world.

There are some shockers though- Evans 2.5m for that annoying tw@t. John Humphreys 600k. Look at what journalists in the print media are suffering. No way that can be justified in this era.

Alex Jones gets twice as much as Kirsty Wark WTF ?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 12:16]

Strong and stable my arse.

BBC Annual Report on 12:32 - Jul 20 with 1392 viewsWrightUp5hit___

As so many other posters , to me the BBC overall represents good value and produces some wonderful programming both on television and the radio.

Looking down the list however I do feel that there is an awful lot of dross being paid a lot of money amongst the "high" earners , and some wonderful presenters / performers being paid (relatively) not a lot, in the lower reaches of that list.

Of course it doesnt include other sources of income, so many other people appearing on the BBC will have fat incomes through their own production companies.

And of course the boy Lineker undoubtedly has a mahoosive income from his presenting role for Bein.

Lots of other good presenters around could (can) handle MOTD , but that's just one instance and a very deep dislike for Shagger. ...and Shearer.....and Savage
BBC Annual Report on 12:57 - Jul 20 with 1361 viewspaulparker

All of them are overpaid , 600k for reading the news, fcuk off a 17 year old work experience kid could read an autocue doing that , people are threated with prison by not paying the ridiculous licence just to keep smug talentless cretins like Lineker & Evans in bunce
apart from line of duty and peaky blinders which I can get off Netflix its not fit for purpose

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

BBC Annual Report on 12:59 - Jul 20 with 1358 viewskarl

BBC Annual Report on 12:09 - Jul 20 by francisbowles

I'm not sure if they do get to sell MOTD abroad. I used to travel extensively in my job and I have never seen it overseas. The rights to football are usually very restrictive, can't even get radio commentaries of football outside your region on the internet.

I'm going to explode! If they don't make extra income from MoTD then its a very poor situation that Linekar and Shearer are paid so much, as others say they're not even the best, I like Chapman and Danny Murphy far more.
The annoying thing thats going to happen by the looks of it is that top earning men will have their pay cut/trimmed (rightly so in many cases) but you will see a rush to inflate some very average female presenters earnings boosted in some faux equal opportunities situation. Just keep everyone on sensible pay ffs!
I am in general a BBC supporter
BBC Annual Report on 12:59 - Jul 20 with 1353 viewsBrightonhoop

BBC still occassionally make good programming mostly on the music scene for BBC4, but nothing justifies those salaries. The ratio idea seems sound, so that the highest earner makes no more than 20 x the lowest paid.
If people want to coin it in they can do so elsewhere in the market. But not at the Beeb, licence fee is imposed so needs to be alot more accountable on salaries.
Plus in recent years BBC are coining it in on overseas Ads on the BBC site as well as other income streams. It's unjustifiable to pay someone like Chris Evans that sort of money with public funds.
BBC Annual Report on 13:25 - Jul 20 with 1304 viewsBostonR

As someone who spends a lot of time in the US the BBC is a crown-jewel worth fighting for. It is embedded in the UK way of life and should never become a political football. I gladly pay my licence fee and would be prepared to pay more.
Try spending an evening watching ad-break after ad-break, right wing news (Fox) and live Police pursuits on the freeway!
BBC Annual Report on 13:59 - Jul 20 with 1271 viewsHooped_Pullie

BBC Annual Report on 13:25 - Jul 20 by BostonR

As someone who spends a lot of time in the US the BBC is a crown-jewel worth fighting for. It is embedded in the UK way of life and should never become a political football. I gladly pay my licence fee and would be prepared to pay more.
Try spending an evening watching ad-break after ad-break, right wing news (Fox) and live Police pursuits on the freeway!

I couldn't agree more, Boston.

Ad breaks have become so annoying on other channels here already that the Mrs. and I will generally see something we want to watch, and instead of watching it live deliberately record it on the box's hard drive, so that we can watch it fast-forwarding through the furniture sale bilge and boring car promos later.

In terms of quality and integrity, the BBC is renowned the world over. Forcing them to publish salaries is a government attempt to damage them, so we can get closer to a day when Murdoch force feeds the country what he wants us to hear.
BBC Annual Report on 14:06 - Jul 20 with 1258 viewspaulparker

BBC Annual Report on 13:59 - Jul 20 by Hooped_Pullie

I couldn't agree more, Boston.

Ad breaks have become so annoying on other channels here already that the Mrs. and I will generally see something we want to watch, and instead of watching it live deliberately record it on the box's hard drive, so that we can watch it fast-forwarding through the furniture sale bilge and boring car promos later.

In terms of quality and integrity, the BBC is renowned the world over. Forcing them to publish salaries is a government attempt to damage them, so we can get closer to a day when Murdoch force feeds the country what he wants us to hear.

In terms of quality and integrity, the BBC is renowned the world over

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Annual Report on 14:17 - Jul 20 with 1240 viewsHooped_Pullie

BBC Annual Report on 14:06 - Jul 20 by paulparker

Ah....a meme from one of my favourite movies, the original - and greatest - Planet Of The Apes.

Charlton Heston...now there was a star worth paying...
BBC Annual Report on 22:24 - Jul 20 with 1147 viewskensalriser

BBC Annual Report on 14:06 - Jul 20 by paulparker

I was in New York on 9/11 and all the people I was with (Americans and not lefties by any stretch) were watching the BBC because it was the coverage they most trusted to be true and accurate. That spoke volumes to me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BBC Annual Report on 22:43 - Jul 20 with 1126 viewscolinallcars

Well done Alan Yentob who has consistently turned down more lucrative offers to stay at BBC. I don't know what can be done to break the hold that a collection of people on huge salaries have on all walks of life. Today for example we hear the woman that "heads up " the Royal Mail for a trifling 1.6 million a year has taken a part time jobs on 66k for Easyjet. This involves 9 days "work" a year - something like 6.6k PER DAY.
This country is getting more like Brazil every day.
BBC Annual Report on 11:17 - Jul 22 with 996 viewsisawqpratwcity

Actors playing nurses will now be paid the same as nurses; similarly appropriate remuneration for actors playing billionaires and homeless. This may make some acting positions easier to fill than others.

FFS, if you think an actor shouldn't be paid more than a nurse, just say so. But these things happen by market forces.

Next thing, you'll be complaining about footballers' wages...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024