Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is it with our club. 14:47 - Jul 19 with 3876 viewsfreddieeddie

FFS do they make any normal decisions. Just called ticket number to get tickets for Reading game. Automated message has some Italian sounding lady that I can't understand at all. Ended up putting phone down and trying again to listen to options. So hard to understand her. Why oh why have someone on the clubs line that does not speak clear fu**ing English.

Then when I get through no one is on the line.

How hard is it seriously to run a club our size properly.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

What is it with our club. on 15:04 - Jul 19 with 3788 viewsNorthernr

I could understand her perfectly well, steady on Nigel.

That said I found the phone system hard to navigate last week as well. Wanted my seats for Northampton, interactive map on the offish has stopped working on my laptop, so thought I'd ring them up. They've always been good before.

First message you get is that the call will be charged at 7p a minute because it's an 08 number and there's another number you can call that's 0207... that will be charged at local rate. So I hang up and call that, first thing it says is "tickets can't be sold over this line". Useful.

Call back, 7p a minute warning again, then some stuff about the Stan Bowles game for a couple of minutes. Then it goes into the press 1, press 2, press 3 stuff. The first option, press 1, is for disabled access tickets. No offence, not looking to get into a row, not being a twt, but how many disabled access tickets do we sell as opposed to standard home tickets? Anyway that's option one for some reason.

Once you've pressed 276 or whatever it is for home tickets the voice comes back and over a prolonged message starts reading you out all the details for all the home tickets they have on sale, the different prices, when they're on sale etc. So I had to sit through all of that for Reading, then Northampton.

Then I get asked if I'd like to speak to somebody about buying a ticket. Well, yeh, would be nice. Press that option.

First time I did it it went dead.

Second time (having gone through all of the above again) I got a further recorded message about box office opening hours and then finally "you are now being placed in a queue to talk to an operator" and after three minutes of queuing I got put through to a fcking drone in the Manchester Ticket Master call centre so hung up immediately as I'm not dealing with those cnts.

Bought online on my work computer later that day instead. Did seem a bit complicated.
What is it with our club. on 15:05 - Jul 19 with 3781 viewsBklynRanger

Connor taking the piss again. Too big for his booth - all a big joke to him.
What is it with our club. on 15:11 - Jul 19 with 3752 viewsfreddieeddie

What is it with our club. on 15:04 - Jul 19 by Northernr

I could understand her perfectly well, steady on Nigel.

That said I found the phone system hard to navigate last week as well. Wanted my seats for Northampton, interactive map on the offish has stopped working on my laptop, so thought I'd ring them up. They've always been good before.

First message you get is that the call will be charged at 7p a minute because it's an 08 number and there's another number you can call that's 0207... that will be charged at local rate. So I hang up and call that, first thing it says is "tickets can't be sold over this line". Useful.

Call back, 7p a minute warning again, then some stuff about the Stan Bowles game for a couple of minutes. Then it goes into the press 1, press 2, press 3 stuff. The first option, press 1, is for disabled access tickets. No offence, not looking to get into a row, not being a twt, but how many disabled access tickets do we sell as opposed to standard home tickets? Anyway that's option one for some reason.

Once you've pressed 276 or whatever it is for home tickets the voice comes back and over a prolonged message starts reading you out all the details for all the home tickets they have on sale, the different prices, when they're on sale etc. So I had to sit through all of that for Reading, then Northampton.

Then I get asked if I'd like to speak to somebody about buying a ticket. Well, yeh, would be nice. Press that option.

First time I did it it went dead.

Second time (having gone through all of the above again) I got a further recorded message about box office opening hours and then finally "you are now being placed in a queue to talk to an operator" and after three minutes of queuing I got put through to a fcking drone in the Manchester Ticket Master call centre so hung up immediately as I'm not dealing with those cnts.

Bought online on my work computer later that day instead. Did seem a bit complicated.

I really couldn't understand that well. Would AC Milan have an English woman on the line or would Barcelona FC have a guy with a Polish accent taking calls, I doubt it. Only us.

Like you, it went dead on me after waiting.

Ended up doing it online. Had to keep getting x3 tickets, seeing what they gave me, then getting rid and trying again. Had to keep doing that as needed to be near the front as have a little lad with us. So much easier if you could just call and speak to a human being.

What is it with our club. on 15:18 - Jul 19 with 3716 viewsdaveB

The phone line you ring is done by ticketmaster, you are better off ringing the box office direct
What is it with our club. on 15:20 - Jul 19 with 3710 viewsNorthernr

What is it with our club. on 15:18 - Jul 19 by daveB

The phone line you ring is done by ticketmaster, you are better off ringing the box office direct

Which number is that Dave? I tried 020 8740 2613 and a message told me specifically they wouldn't sell me tickets over that line. Should I just have ignored it?
What is it with our club. on 15:22 - Jul 19 with 3692 viewsDorse

Where Connor awaits...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What is it with our club. on 15:30 - Jul 19 with 3661 viewsfreddieeddie

Box office don't sell tickets only ticketmaster

What is it with our club. on 15:31 - Jul 19 with 3659 viewsdaveB

What is it with our club. on 15:20 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Which number is that Dave? I tried 020 8740 2613 and a message told me specifically they wouldn't sell me tickets over that line. Should I just have ignored it?

that's the number we usually ring when we want to get a ticket in the family stand which you can't do on the website, we usually end up talking to a human with that number, the Ticketmaster one they have never been able to sell us a ticket.
Login to get fewer ads

What is it with our club. on 15:34 - Jul 19 with 3646 viewsBklynRanger

I must agree though. As someone who's been away for years and recently come back, the combination of bureuocracy and dysfunctional systems seems out of control now. There was always bureaucracy but now there are all these systems that are trying to be as fcuking 'streamlined' as possible and they're generally based on who can bid the lowest for the contract and therefore [surely not?] dogshit.

E.g. To get time off at work I have to go onto an integrated yet fully computerised web platform system from the 90s and input a series of commands based on DOS or BBC Basic or something. When that never works I have to phone up a poor woman in Sunderland who tries but invariably fails to sort it out by taking over my computer and stumbling around in front of me in exactly the same way I've been spending the last half hour doing. So I've given up and just sort it out with my line manager who is thankfully a bit dodgy.

It's putting us all on edge and needs to stop at its earliest convenience.
What is it with our club. on 15:49 - Jul 19 with 3580 viewsWatford_Ranger

I went through the above rigmarole yesterday and eventually got through to a Simon. Think he was in the actual box office and seemed to vaguely know what he was talking about so well done him.

One gripe though is that members only get a discount if bought in the 'pre-sale'. Why?
What is it with our club. on 15:54 - Jul 19 with 3554 viewsNorthernr

What is it with our club. on 15:49 - Jul 19 by Watford_Ranger

I went through the above rigmarole yesterday and eventually got through to a Simon. Think he was in the actual box office and seemed to vaguely know what he was talking about so well done him.

One gripe though is that members only get a discount if bought in the 'pre-sale'. Why?

JET won't feed himself you know.
What is it with our club. on 17:58 - Jul 19 with 3361 viewsted_hendrix

Rang the box office a few weeks ago spoke to some bloke ordered my ticket for Stan's game and it turned up on my doorstep a few days later.
No problem at all.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What is it with our club. on 18:34 - Jul 19 with 3254 viewsjohncharles

White City station used to have Mexican lady doing the announcements. Couldn't understand much but I loved her accent. Kept expecting her to say Tortillas and Chilli peppers on platform 3.

Strong and stable my arse.

What is it with our club. on 18:42 - Jul 19 with 3220 viewsHayesender

There's a lovely old Indian chap works at west Ealing station, but his English is, let's just say limited.

When he does the station announcements you literally cannot understand a word he's saying. It amuses me looking at people's faces as they try to decipher what's just been said 😂

Poll: Shamima Beghum

What is it with our club. on 19:31 - Jul 19 with 3119 viewsderbyhoop

Is that as good as the episode of Shameless where the guy with Tourettes got a job as a station announcer. Passengers weren't amused at all the swearing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What is it with our club. on 00:07 - Jul 20 with 2748 viewsMatch82

What is it with our club. on 15:11 - Jul 19 by freddieeddie

I really couldn't understand that well. Would AC Milan have an English woman on the line or would Barcelona FC have a guy with a Polish accent taking calls, I doubt it. Only us.

Like you, it went dead on me after waiting.

Ended up doing it online. Had to keep getting x3 tickets, seeing what they gave me, then getting rid and trying again. Had to keep doing that as needed to be near the front as have a little lad with us. So much easier if you could just call and speak to a human being.

"I really couldn't understand that well. Would AC Milan have an English woman on the line"

Assume that would be absolutely fine assuming she spoke very loudly and slowly. That works right?
What is it with our club. on 09:11 - Jul 20 with 2565 viewsDorse

What is it with our club. on 15:54 - Jul 19 by Northernr

JET won't feed himself you know.

Not won't, can't.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What is it with our club. on 10:54 - Jul 22 with 2249 viewsisawqpratwcity

What is it with our club. on 09:11 - Jul 20 by Dorse

Not won't, can't.

Nah. Unfortunately, the worst thing about JET is that he has the ability, but couldn't give a shit.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024