Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worrying 12:33 - Jul 21 with 10217 viewsflynnbo

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/sylla-left-qpr-squad-germany-trip
Worrying on 12:36 - Jul 21 with 5414 viewsdaveB

depends on the reasons he's been left out, might be about to be sold, might be injured or number of other reasons.
Worrying on 12:41 - Jul 21 with 5388 viewsMaggsinho

Dave Mc reckons he's off.

Worrying on 12:42 - Jul 21 with 5379 viewskingsburyR

So that leaves us with Washington and Washington???

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Worrying on 12:43 - Jul 21 with 5371 viewsflynnbo

Worrying on 12:42 - Jul 21 by kingsburyR

So that leaves us with Washington and Washington???

Don't forget big Mat Smith!
Worrying on 12:43 - Jul 21 with 5370 viewsmakaveli1882

Is our top scorer from last season injured, or just left out?

Any replacements in mind?

bare bones
Worrying on 12:47 - Jul 21 with 5322 viewspaulparker

we must have some one lined up , shame I quite like sylla I think this season could have been the one for him to really breakthrough

with all the faffing and poncing about with formations and rotation last year the one partnership I would have loved to have seen was Sylla & Yenni up top , with 2 wingers either side

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worrying on 12:51 - Jul 21 with 5283 viewsrobith

Ollie's dislike of him seems a total mismatch from what I've seen of him on the pitch. Doubt we'd be able to get much better in in return. Unless it's a profitable sale feels an error to me
Worrying on 13:01 - Jul 21 with 5216 viewsdaveB

one of the few players we can get money for, shame as he could be decent
Login to get fewer ads

Worrying on 13:09 - Jul 21 with 5143 viewsDejR_vu

Worrying on 12:41 - Jul 21 by Maggsinho

Dave Mc reckons he's off.

Following that link he seems to be backtracking?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Worrying on 13:09 - Jul 21 with 5143 viewssimmo

Worrying on 12:51 - Jul 21 by robith

Ollie's dislike of him seems a total mismatch from what I've seen of him on the pitch. Doubt we'd be able to get much better in in return. Unless it's a profitable sale feels an error to me

This. Olly doesn't seem to like him despite the fact that if you give him the ball in the area when he's facing goal - he scores. The chances of getting any better than him for the money we will likely get looks miniscule.

Makes much more sense to sell others ahead of him, Smithies included, but Olly was always critical.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Worrying on 13:13 - Jul 21 with 5108 viewsWadR

Agree with you PP. The couple of times we actually saw Yeni playing off Sylla (Barnsley at home comes to mind) it worked quite well. Would've liked to have seen more of it. I'd like to have seen Sylla play with Washington a bit more too, but Holloway seemed rather averse to playing them together.

Sylla's goalscoring record, considering he played under 2 different managers, in a variety of different formations, seldom with a run of 2 starts in a row, was excellent last year. Don't think his all round game is particularly good, but he proved himself as a very adept finisher, with his left and his head. Given the price of top strikers at this level, and our lack of goals last season - this seems like a mistake born out of Holloway's lack of fondness for the French lads.

Don't want to go all knee-jerky/panicky but that leaves us with just Smith and Washington as senior strikers with 2 weeks left until the season starts.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 13:15]
Worrying on 13:20 - Jul 21 with 5050 viewsdaveB

Worrying on 13:13 - Jul 21 by WadR

Agree with you PP. The couple of times we actually saw Yeni playing off Sylla (Barnsley at home comes to mind) it worked quite well. Would've liked to have seen more of it. I'd like to have seen Sylla play with Washington a bit more too, but Holloway seemed rather averse to playing them together.

Sylla's goalscoring record, considering he played under 2 different managers, in a variety of different formations, seldom with a run of 2 starts in a row, was excellent last year. Don't think his all round game is particularly good, but he proved himself as a very adept finisher, with his left and his head. Given the price of top strikers at this level, and our lack of goals last season - this seems like a mistake born out of Holloway's lack of fondness for the French lads.

Don't want to go all knee-jerky/panicky but that leaves us with just Smith and Washington as senior strikers with 2 weeks left until the season starts.

am sure if we do sell him then we'd get someone else in
Worrying on 13:24 - Jul 21 with 5029 viewstraininvain

The writing was on the wall for Sylla when we signed Smith.

But worrying if we sell our top scorer in a squad lacking goals.

Hope Holloway has a plan beyond 'get rid of those who don't understand me'.
Worrying on 13:29 - Jul 21 with 4985 viewsQPR_Jim

Worrying on 13:13 - Jul 21 by WadR

If IH wasn't going to play him anyway I suppose it makes sense to sell him. It's disappointing though because both Sylla and Polter looked promising but never really given a chance to settle, so I'm a bit worried that the same will happen if we continue to pick up strikers from the continent. Whatever happened to working with what you've got?
Worrying on 13:32 - Jul 21 with 4970 viewsDWQPR

Smith I think is an awful signing. A real cumbersome lump of a guy who waddles around the pitch. League One at best. Playing Smith just encourages the ball to be lumped up to him and he isn't that good at retaining possession either. Sylla up front means that the team have to play through the midfield to make him effective. His scoring record last season was pretty damned good given it was his first season in the Championship, the amount of times he was dropped to either the bench or from the squad or having to come on as a substitute. Really linked well whenever Wsozlek was playing as well, who I think will be another player that Holloway will f uck off.

On my hols from next Friday and will miss the first three games of the season for the first time ever. Not even bothered. Cannot see us getting out of the bottom six all season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Worrying on 13:36 - Jul 21 with 4939 viewsNorthernr

At the risk of provoking DaveB's "Ollie can't win whatever he does" (which I do think is true of some) I'm getting increasingly concerned.

1 - Sylla's not great, technically awful player, quite lazy, but a good goalscoring record for us. What you going to get for him? Probably selling to France, Belgium, somewhere like that, £1.5m? £2m? Maybe. So are you going to get a player even as good as Sylla for the money we sell him for? Daryl Murphy just cost Forest £2m. So you're selling a player to buy another one, not moving forwards, just to satisfy this lust the club and the fans have for transfers. Polter out, Smith in, team stays the same. Konchesky out, Bidwell in, team stays the same. Hill out, Lynch in, team stays the same.

2 - Obviously if Hull or somebody stupid give us £5m for him then this is a moot point and he should go straight away and that's good stuff - buy low, sell high, repeat. That's fine if this is what this is, but it doesn't look or feel like it and that's because several times last season (when Sylla was our top scorer) Holloway went out of his way to criticise him publicly. Didn't like the way he came off at Reading (when he played very well), "I want the French lads to run about a bit" and then after Forest when he wanted him to play injured and Sylla said no. He's been throwing the guy under the bus since he got here, which isn't right anyway but also devalues an asset that he now wants to sell - really going to help us get a good fee for him that isn't it? I'm uncomfortable with what Bircham said on his first podcast appearance last season, I'm uncomfortable with what Holloway has said about "the French lads" and players who can't speak English and I'm uncomfortable with how quickly people like Sylla and Borysiuk (and Shodipo as well to be fair who is British) were either written off or bombed out. Borysiuk it was after one match, and now after actually seeing him a bit more we've decided he might not be that bad after all.

3 - I was as bored by JFH's team as everybody else but I think it's a shame we've gone back to a system where whatever the manager says goes. That is not conducive to long term planning or successful squad building. Every manager is always going to want three more signings to help this week, because he knows if he loses four in a row he gets the sack. Holloway was brought in to "work with what we have" and "rub off on them a bit" and the speed at which we've allowed him to ditch that isn't right.
Worrying on 14:05 - Jul 21 with 4797 viewsdavman

Worrying on 13:36 - Jul 21 by Northernr

At the risk of provoking DaveB's "Ollie can't win whatever he does" (which I do think is true of some) I'm getting increasingly concerned.

1 - Sylla's not great, technically awful player, quite lazy, but a good goalscoring record for us. What you going to get for him? Probably selling to France, Belgium, somewhere like that, £1.5m? £2m? Maybe. So are you going to get a player even as good as Sylla for the money we sell him for? Daryl Murphy just cost Forest £2m. So you're selling a player to buy another one, not moving forwards, just to satisfy this lust the club and the fans have for transfers. Polter out, Smith in, team stays the same. Konchesky out, Bidwell in, team stays the same. Hill out, Lynch in, team stays the same.

2 - Obviously if Hull or somebody stupid give us £5m for him then this is a moot point and he should go straight away and that's good stuff - buy low, sell high, repeat. That's fine if this is what this is, but it doesn't look or feel like it and that's because several times last season (when Sylla was our top scorer) Holloway went out of his way to criticise him publicly. Didn't like the way he came off at Reading (when he played very well), "I want the French lads to run about a bit" and then after Forest when he wanted him to play injured and Sylla said no. He's been throwing the guy under the bus since he got here, which isn't right anyway but also devalues an asset that he now wants to sell - really going to help us get a good fee for him that isn't it? I'm uncomfortable with what Bircham said on his first podcast appearance last season, I'm uncomfortable with what Holloway has said about "the French lads" and players who can't speak English and I'm uncomfortable with how quickly people like Sylla and Borysiuk (and Shodipo as well to be fair who is British) were either written off or bombed out. Borysiuk it was after one match, and now after actually seeing him a bit more we've decided he might not be that bad after all.

3 - I was as bored by JFH's team as everybody else but I think it's a shame we've gone back to a system where whatever the manager says goes. That is not conducive to long term planning or successful squad building. Every manager is always going to want three more signings to help this week, because he knows if he loses four in a row he gets the sack. Holloway was brought in to "work with what we have" and "rub off on them a bit" and the speed at which we've allowed him to ditch that isn't right.

Yep.

As I said it on my boo boys thread, the fact that he is Sylla around the club and not Idrissa tells a story to me. Oh, and the fact Olly seems to single his top scorer, top chance converter and striker with the highest strike rateat the club for criticism more than anyone else.

Managers can't have favourites if they want to manage effectively. He has a group; work with them FFS. The problem cannot be all of these players, so guess what, sunshine, if it a'int them and there is a problem, where do you think the problem is.

So, to get value, it'll be another foreign import unproven here. How long do we give them? Half a season dropping in and out of the team before casting them aside.

Of course it could be purely innocent; he might have picked up a knock or even had a bereavement; its not like the club would tell us, is it?

As seems to be the case, they can announce a squad without him in it, but don't have to tell us why, leading to speculation like this.

When Polter left I was peeved; if this one goes, I shall be mighty p1ssed off. Not 'cos either of them were great, but because we never gave them a chance...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Worrying on 14:06 - Jul 21 with 4780 viewskingo

Could just be complications with visa for Guinean in to Germany.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Worrying on 14:08 - Jul 21 with 4765 viewsdaveB

Mine is an unpopular view but I do think we should just wait and see how it pans out and see what the squad looks like come the end of August, ideally the window would shut before the season starts but we have to get on with it.

We might end up with the usual 8 out 8 in or we might do what we did in January and sell players not wanted and replace them with ones who can improve the team. We did this quite well replacing Chery and Polter with Smith and Freeman.

it's not unusual for a manager to come in and just not fancy a few players and look to ship them out to bring his own in. JFH did this with Hill and Faurlin, Warnock did it with Leigterwood now Holloway is doing it with Sylla.

I quite like Sylla and he does have a good record but he is also quite lazy and was being booed by fans towards the end of the season

I know my usual line is boring but I do think it's true. Holloway and the club are getting slated by some fans for not signing players and slated by other fans for signing too many, They are slated for not developing players and selling them on and slated for signing someone like Sylla and then selling him on. The club gets stick because Ferdinand has too big a say and now they are getting stick that the manager has too much say.

I really don't know what the club and Holloway can do to make everyone happy. I've never known the fanbase like this before, we can't even come together for Stan Bowles so Holloway has no chance.
Worrying on 14:08 - Jul 21 with 4761 viewsNorthernr

Worrying on 14:06 - Jul 21 by kingo

Could just be complications with visa for Guinean in to Germany.

Yup, we used to have to leave Damian Stewart at home from European trips didn't we? Unlikely though, given that we got him from Belgium. Could also be injured. Dave Mc's not usually wrong though is he?
Worrying on 14:24 - Jul 21 with 4683 viewskingo

Worrying on 14:08 - Jul 21 by Northernr

Yup, we used to have to leave Damian Stewart at home from European trips didn't we? Unlikely though, given that we got him from Belgium. Could also be injured. Dave Mc's not usually wrong though is he?

Visa issues were so bad for Stewart that it made him miss the African Cup of Nations ;)

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Worrying on 14:29 - Jul 21 with 4656 viewsNorthernr

Worrying on 14:24 - Jul 21 by kingo

Visa issues were so bad for Stewart that it made him miss the African Cup of Nations ;)

Ha ha I remember that. Dave Mc now saying it is a work permit issue after all
Worrying on 14:30 - Jul 21 with 4642 viewsBakes

Confirmed by dave mac that it's work permit issues

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Worrying on 14:35 - Jul 21 with 4606 viewsMick_S

Why doesn't he like him? Is he rude? Slovenly? Does he drop litter?

It's a mystery.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Worrying on 14:36 - Jul 21 with 4599 viewsNorthernr

Ah well, passed a Friday afternoon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024