Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail 08:37 - Jul 23 with 6371 viewssupahoopsa

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4721148/Les-Ferdinand-loves-Qu

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 08:47 - Jul 23 with 5029 views2Thomas2Bowles

Who is Lee Hughes

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 08:50 - Jul 23 with 5013 viewsToast_R

Thanks for posting.
Love Les Ferdinand, still a boyhood hero of mine to this day. I really hope he succeeds in this quest.
Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 09:26 - Jul 23 with 4929 viewsNortholt_Rs

"But the consequences of financial mismanagement are still felt today with Rangers waiting to hear if they will be fined £60million for breaches of financial fair play."

£60 million??? Is that likely or just BS journalism?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 09:34 - Jul 23 with 4905 viewsQPR_Jim

It's nice to hear from Les, not a lot of new information but it's nice to hear him back the manager ahead of the season.
Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 09:49 - Jul 23 with 4860 viewsDejR_vu

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 09:26 - Jul 23 by Northolt_Rs

"But the consequences of financial mismanagement are still felt today with Rangers waiting to hear if they will be fined £60million for breaches of financial fair play."

£60 million??? Is that likely or just BS journalism?

He's got a tough job but always comes across as very calm and considered.

I thought it was a mistake giving the job to someone so inexperienced (more a political appointment by TF), but he seems to have grown in to it. He and Hoos seem to bring a bit of sanity to the madness.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 09:52 - Jul 23 with 4849 viewsoddball

is les gonna be the new face of primark,so of them poses.ave it.
Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 12:54 - Jul 23 with 4532 viewsTacticalR

Nothing particularly new, but this sums up the reality TV aspect of football:

'I met a group of schoolboy players recently and their questions to me were about cars, helicopters, model girlfriends and mansions,' he says.

'They then said they wanted to be professional footballers, so I asked why they hadn't asked anything about football. It seems to be more about being famous than anything else now.'

Not that there is anything wrong with cars, helicopters, model girlfriends and mansions of course.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 13:41]

Air hostess clique

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 13:41 - Jul 23 with 4402 viewsDorse

'Holloway doesn’t have to deal with the toxic environment that cost predecessor Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink his job, but neither can he wave a big chequebook.'

We aren't likely to know much about what happened behind the scenes but you get the impression that there has been some real change at the club. We wanted our Rangers back: whisper it quietly but we might just have got them.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 16:36 - Jul 23 with 4221 viewsjoolsyp

‘He’s a very compassionate person as well. You can knock on his door any time and he’ll sit for an hour, just talking. He’s the right man for QPR at this moment.’

At this moment, i.e this was always a short-term appointment to help get the club back on an even keel. If Ollie keeps us in the Championship for the next couple of seasons he'll have done his job (a big ask this season IMO). Then it will be time for a forward-thinking European manager in the mould of David Wagner to take us to the next level I reckon.
Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 16:51 - Jul 23 with 4191 viewsbosh67

The rumour is that the fine will be around £9m not £60m. Still a stupid amount when you consider than Man City spend that on a ballboy.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 16:57 - Jul 23 with 4173 viewsTacticalR

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 13:41 - Jul 23 by Dorse

'Holloway doesn’t have to deal with the toxic environment that cost predecessor Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink his job, but neither can he wave a big chequebook.'

We aren't likely to know much about what happened behind the scenes but you get the impression that there has been some real change at the club. We wanted our Rangers back: whisper it quietly but we might just have got them.

I was hoping for whichever rangers wins a game every now and then (I am not sure if that's our one or not).

Air hostess clique

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 19:33 - Jul 23 with 4032 viewsNortholt_Rs

"Stan Collymore once suggested Real Madrid and Chelsea need a director of football but QPR don’t. It’s actually the other way round."

Course it is Les... 🤔

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 22:21 - Jul 23 with 3878 viewsRBlock

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 19:33 - Jul 23 by Northolt_Rs

"Stan Collymore once suggested Real Madrid and Chelsea need a director of football but QPR don’t. It’s actually the other way round."

Course it is Les... 🤔

Stan Collymore is full of sht for a start. I think a DoF is exactly what we needed. Implement a bit of continuity in the club, so it doesn't all change with a manager. He is right when he says we need to put more emphasis on recruiting the right players, because we need to get out of this mould of disposable footballers.
Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 00:53 - Jul 24 with 3780 viewsPunteR

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 22:21 - Jul 23 by RBlock

Stan Collymore is full of sht for a start. I think a DoF is exactly what we needed. Implement a bit of continuity in the club, so it doesn't all change with a manager. He is right when he says we need to put more emphasis on recruiting the right players, because we need to get out of this mould of disposable footballers.

Not trying to dig Les out but he's been here since Ramsey was appointed. We've signed quite a few players on his watch as well that have been considered "bad eggs".
He cant keep harping on about how bad things were and not deliver some success at the club.
Like i said, not trying to knock him but will have to start taking some responsibility about results on the pitch.
Tough job and i think he's done well under the circumstances but he needs results as does Holloway .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 01:11 - Jul 24 with 3773 viewsQPR_Jim

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 00:53 - Jul 24 by PunteR

Not trying to dig Les out but he's been here since Ramsey was appointed. We've signed quite a few players on his watch as well that have been considered "bad eggs".
He cant keep harping on about how bad things were and not deliver some success at the club.
Like i said, not trying to knock him but will have to start taking some responsibility about results on the pitch.
Tough job and i think he's done well under the circumstances but he needs results as does Holloway .

It depends on what his success criteria are, staying in the league while reducing the losses might be considered success at board level, it's hard to tell from the outside what we should be expecting from him as we don't know the constraints he's working under.

I think there's still work to be done but we're moving in the right direction incrementally which is as much as we should expect, the club was never going to get fixed overnight.
Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 01:23 - Jul 24 with 3767 viewsPunteR

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 01:11 - Jul 24 by QPR_Jim

It depends on what his success criteria are, staying in the league while reducing the losses might be considered success at board level, it's hard to tell from the outside what we should be expecting from him as we don't know the constraints he's working under.

I think there's still work to be done but we're moving in the right direction incrementally which is as much as we should expect, the club was never going to get fixed overnight.

Yeh agree. We're heading in the right direction but Les can only do so many of these interviews where he basically states the obvious .
Like he said, he's a football man so he knows that what goes on at board level is not conducive to fan level. He's the man in the middle and he will need improvements on the pitch soon.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 08:56 - Jul 24 with 3571 viewsRBlock

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 00:53 - Jul 24 by PunteR

Which signings would you consider bad eggs? Maybe JET, Ravel Morrison? Obviously some unsuccessful ones, Gladwin springs to mind, but you can't get them all right. On the plus side we've sold players for a profit, something that hadn't happened for a while! We've cut the wage bill, put more emphasis on scouting and smart recruitment, and started seeing youth teamers make their way into the first team set up.

When Les is talking about how bad things were, it is almost as if he is talking about a different club, such is the vast gulf in financial clout. Success is relative, and in a league where Assombalonga goes for £14 million, we have to look at other ways to compete. That is going to take a while to come to fruition IMO. It is what Chris Ramsey is implementing behind the scenes, and is what we are trying to do with Penrice, Mel Johnson ect. All good things. All positive steps. I'm not massively optimistic about this season, but the way the club is heading generally is an marked improvement to what came before.
Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 09:54 - Jul 24 with 3497 viewssimmo

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 01:23 - Jul 24 by PunteR

Yeh agree. We're heading in the right direction but Les can only do so many of these interviews where he basically states the obvious .
Like he said, he's a football man so he knows that what goes on at board level is not conducive to fan level. He's the man in the middle and he will need improvements on the pitch soon.

But then it seems no matter how many of 'these interviews where he basically states the obvious' he does, there's still people asking what he does, why he's here, what his job actually is, does he pick the team, etc etc. So more little articles like this will continue to pop up as he reminds people that have to remember to blink what it is he and the club are actually trying to do and why we haven't bought Jermain Defoe.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 10:22 - Jul 24 with 3441 viewsThe_Mole

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 13:41 - Jul 23 by Dorse

"whisper it quietly but we might just have got them."

I think this is very true and god I hope it's right! The thing is, we're still not quite there yet in having 'our Rangers back' due to the split between the fan-base.

I'm more than happy now, to watch us re-build slowly, get the right people in behind the scenes and have a real go at a promotion push in 3-4 years but a lot of what you read on other social media is fans moaning that we've not signed many players or Holloway doesn't have a clue - this after a handful of friendlies?

The over lining issue Rangers have is their dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. They went and reappointed Mel Johnson the other day which should have been met with great applaud, instead got slated by some!
Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 11:17 - Jul 24 with 3372 viewspaulparker

Think back to 2-3 years ago to when Arry was mugging us off in our failed premier league campaign , we didn't have a right back, we had one decent striker and another with a dodgy hip , we loaned Zarate but didn't play him , we had Barton saying what he wanted and doing what he wanted , SWP just turning up for training , Rio was finished , mutch was bought but sold , all of away games were bonus matches , and the only answer Arry had was to sign Adebyour on 70k a week
id say 90% of us on here said we want our Rangers back , we want youth players we want value for money transfers , or we want to buy to sell for a profit , we want a manager that cares , and we want QPR men doing that job
well we have that now, this is a rebuilding job that could take another 5 years, I don't always agree with Les & Olly, Birch, Sinton and I get frustrated but we have to trust them , if we cannot trust these blokes then we may as well all pack up and support someone else
we are in this mess mostly due to uncle tone so it should be him carrying the can not the management or DOF
the problem we now face is that this league is turning into a premier league 2 we cannot compete financially with Derby , Boro, Sunderland, Wolves, Sheff Wed, leeds, Fulham, Villa , Reading , Birmingham even Bristol city can blow us out of the water with signing players
im more happier that we are adopting the same model as Bilbao & Ajax its going to be a long season but if we stay up its progress ,
we may even go down , perhaps we may need that in the rebuilding process the club is taking , it wont be the end of the world if we do
all I know is I would rather see us buy Freeman for 250k than waste a million on a karl henry , id rather see us play manning than see a Jenas or a Furlong in the team than an old clogger like Arron Hughes, a grego cox than wasting 60k a week on Zarate
and id rather see the likes of Olly, Birch, Sinton, & Les over Arry , Bondy, mark hughes , mark bowen and joe fckin Jordan

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 11:46 - Jul 24 with 3313 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

@paulparker

Good post. I've been thinking along similar lines recently. If this lot get hounded out, who are qpr through and through, where would we go? I would seriously worry for our future.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 11:51 - Jul 24 with 3309 viewsbarbicanranger

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 10:22 - Jul 24 by The_Mole

"whisper it quietly but we might just have got them."

I think this is very true and god I hope it's right! The thing is, we're still not quite there yet in having 'our Rangers back' due to the split between the fan-base.

I'm more than happy now, to watch us re-build slowly, get the right people in behind the scenes and have a real go at a promotion push in 3-4 years but a lot of what you read on other social media is fans moaning that we've not signed many players or Holloway doesn't have a clue - this after a handful of friendlies?

The over lining issue Rangers have is their dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. They went and reappointed Mel Johnson the other day which should have been met with great applaud, instead got slated by some!

A lot of good posts on here, very sensible.

Particularly like this one and sums up my thoughts and feelings on the current situation.

On a side: I check in on #qpr on twitter once a day and have been stunned by the number of "We haven't signed anyone, this is sh!t, we are doomed, club's a mess". Quite frankly, I am loving this cleanse - lets not keep stacking up sh!t and lets take stock of what we have and make the most of it, then we may have a clear idea of what we actually have and where we do actually need to strengthen.
Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 11:53 - Jul 24 with 3303 viewsbarbicanranger

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 11:46 - Jul 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

@paulparker

Good post. I've been thinking along similar lines recently. If this lot get hounded out, who are qpr through and through, where would we go? I would seriously worry for our future.

Agreed as well. That's why I worry about the social media side. Holloway may not be a messiah but if we hound him out then what do we have left. He is Qpr and will only want the best.
Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 12:21 - Jul 24 with 3242 viewssimmo

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 11:17 - Jul 24 by paulparker

Think back to 2-3 years ago to when Arry was mugging us off in our failed premier league campaign , we didn't have a right back, we had one decent striker and another with a dodgy hip , we loaned Zarate but didn't play him , we had Barton saying what he wanted and doing what he wanted , SWP just turning up for training , Rio was finished , mutch was bought but sold , all of away games were bonus matches , and the only answer Arry had was to sign Adebyour on 70k a week
id say 90% of us on here said we want our Rangers back , we want youth players we want value for money transfers , or we want to buy to sell for a profit , we want a manager that cares , and we want QPR men doing that job
well we have that now, this is a rebuilding job that could take another 5 years, I don't always agree with Les & Olly, Birch, Sinton and I get frustrated but we have to trust them , if we cannot trust these blokes then we may as well all pack up and support someone else
we are in this mess mostly due to uncle tone so it should be him carrying the can not the management or DOF
the problem we now face is that this league is turning into a premier league 2 we cannot compete financially with Derby , Boro, Sunderland, Wolves, Sheff Wed, leeds, Fulham, Villa , Reading , Birmingham even Bristol city can blow us out of the water with signing players
im more happier that we are adopting the same model as Bilbao & Ajax its going to be a long season but if we stay up its progress ,
we may even go down , perhaps we may need that in the rebuilding process the club is taking , it wont be the end of the world if we do
all I know is I would rather see us buy Freeman for 250k than waste a million on a karl henry , id rather see us play manning than see a Jenas or a Furlong in the team than an old clogger like Arron Hughes, a grego cox than wasting 60k a week on Zarate
and id rather see the likes of Olly, Birch, Sinton, & Les over Arry , Bondy, mark hughes , mark bowen and joe fckin Jordan

Nice one PP, exactly my thoughts. A few years of struggle are fine (we've seen it all before), as long as it's for a reason. Genuine austerity now for a decent, self sustaining club in the future. As you say even a relegation is not the end of the world, rebuilding takes time and sacrifice - so let's take the good bits we can and get behind the club and copious amounts of real QPR people involved.

We just need to make sure the loud mouthbreathers on Twitter etc are not heard or allowed to change what the likes of Sir Les are trying to do. The good news is a lot of those people will disappear after a few shite years and we can get away from the recent PL tw@ts that demand we go back to something we're not.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 12:54 - Jul 24 with 3168 viewsQPR_Jim

Nice Interview with Les in the Daily Mail on 11:17 - Jul 24 by paulparker

Agree PP, most clubs that have fallen out of the Premier League have had to undergo a re-building process, Southampton being a prime example. If we can do it without a stint in League 1 all the better, but it's going to take time and like you say we have to trust these guys have QPR's best interests at heart because if they don't then nobody we can replace them with will either.

I'm not sure we need to see an improvement on the pitch as PuntR says, I would like us to improve obviously but when you look at what other clubs are spending compared to us it's hard to imagine we'll do better than mid-table and more likely be in a relegation fight. So if that's where our spending puts us, it can't be a failure on any individual within the club and should not be treated as such if that's where we end up, else we'll never get the continuity we need to build upon if we are to turn things around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024