Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perch 21:03 - Aug 19 with 760 viewsbosh67

Outstanding today both at right back and CB. Only two things I could pull the ref up on were the two tackles he penalised against him. Both perfectly timed and he got booked for the second one. That was under where I sit and the three of them all got the the ball at the same moment. Perch came off worst.

To get up after that and put himself in front of some late pressure when he could barely stand up showed real grit. He is much criticised but he's much leaner this season and much quicker over the ground, plus he is winning almost everything in the air. I really like it when they switch him into the CB role. He reads the game so much better in that position.

Anyway, enjoyable game today which we deserved to win because we never gave up but Perch was immense today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Perch on 01:06 - Aug 20 with 601 viewssmegma

Perch managed to injure himself and two other players with one challenge, so credit where it's due. You couldn't do it if you tried. I bet Perch could though !!
Perch on 01:53 - Aug 20 with 566 viewstimcocking

I've always liked Perch. And Bidwell. They may not be Wilson and Bardsley, but they're both alright by me.

Also, if they were properly backed by our fans, they'd improve as well. So hard to play when you don't feel wanted. Hopefully, Perch's efforts yesterday may have aided that. Even his dodgy tackling - i like players who'll try to win the ball. Hard to change your instincts and teaching of 20 plus years, just because tackling is suddenly deemed illegal by the useless @@@@s in charge. Ok, he has had a few too many dodgy ones, but still i like to see that battling spirit. I think that's our biggest strength at the moment; led by Mackie and Washington it's a pretty hungry team suddenly. About fcuking time.

Ps Watching the replays and yeah, ref penalised Perch for a couple of excellent tackles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024