Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect to Lua Lua 21:12 - Aug 19 with 1878 viewsbosh67

Wish they had told us fans that his father had passed away. He had a very hard time out there and was clearly way off the pace and just made mistake after mistake. Had we known we could have got behind the lad and helped him through it. In retrospect they probably should have not allowed him to play. Almost unimaginable to think what he felt like today. RIP to his dad. There is an exciting player in there but he just couldn't get it sorted out today. Club should have let the fans know this morning.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-news-qpr-boss-holloway-was-pays-trib

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Respect to Lua Lua on 21:47 - Aug 19 with 1810 viewsBrightonhoop

Maybe he insisted on playing. People deal with loss in different ways, by carrying on you dont have to think about it.
But lessons for us all, never good to get on a players back, especially when we dont know what might be going on in the background.
Respect to him for playing despite his obvious loss.
Respect to Lua Lua on 22:15 - Aug 19 with 1729 viewsstowmarketrange

A mate of mine at the game today said he was stuck in the same traffic jam as Lua Lua before the game and he would've arrived very late.Now we know why.
If some fans had given him stick because of his 1st half display it wouldn't have surprised me.He was very poor.
Well done to the lad for playing through his troubles.
Respect to Lua Lua on 22:47 - Aug 19 with 1657 viewsBklynRanger

Would have been nice to have known that - definitely would have made a difference to how that first half performance was perceived.

We seemed very much to be playing through him anyway - Bidwell was at risk of hypothermia at times.

He looked a bit shaken by everything as he was leaving but still stopped to sign my nephew's football so respect to the man.
Respect to Lua Lua on 23:35 - Aug 19 with 1526 viewssmegma

Respect to Lua Lua on 22:15 - Aug 19 by stowmarketrange

A mate of mine at the game today said he was stuck in the same traffic jam as Lua Lua before the game and he would've arrived very late.Now we know why.
If some fans had given him stick because of his 1st half display it wouldn't have surprised me.He was very poor.
Well done to the lad for playing through his troubles.

Booing your own players is counter productive. I couldn't believe some of the comments I heard today.
Respect to Lua Lua on 23:41 - Aug 19 with 1504 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Why should we have been told? Almost as importantly how?

This has been handled brilliantly.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Respect to Lua Lua on 07:33 - Aug 20 with 1408 viewsdachiltern

Always sad to hear of this kind of thing but I'll ask the question a number of others may want to ask but will not in fear of the fall out from it.
Did this affect the players performance and if so why did he play?
Respect to Lua Lua on 07:38 - Aug 20 with 1388 viewsstowmarketrange

Respect to Lua Lua on 23:35 - Aug 19 by smegma

Booing your own players is counter productive. I couldn't believe some of the comments I heard today.

There were some morons booing at half time.What were they booing for?And how did they think it would help the team out?The problem is that because we came back to win,they might think that it was because they booed at half time.
Respect to Lua Lua on 09:33 - Aug 20 with 1260 viewsHadders

It's always irritated me how quickly many of our fans are to hurl abuse at QPR players, though I am not sure that we are worse than other supporters. Our players, even those who are not being abused for now, know they are just a few mistakes from being sworn at by a lot of angry men (even Charlie Austin got it, for example, never mind Zamora). Being treated like a hero only when you are playing well is just horrible really. "Love you mate, yeahhh! NOOOO! F*ck that - p*ss off you useless W*NKER!" If I played for QPR, I'd focus on being a pro and steer well clear of the fickle "supporters", even when they are being nice.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 9:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Respect to Lua Lua on 10:28 - Aug 20 with 1200 viewsfrancisbowles

I was disgusted by the reaction to Lua Lua from many loudmouths around F block yesterday.

From the first time he lost the ball every mistake was amplified, whilst the times he won free kicks were quietly ignored. The shouts at Ollie to get him off were ridiculous. The player hasn't played much due to injury and is in the team because Wszolek went off on Wednesday night. It was his first start for us, since he came back, and he was in an unfamiliar position. Most of all he was trying!

So for Christ's sake cut the lad some slack. Stop playing the 'look at me, aren't I clever, shouting loud abuse at the player and the manager'. Does it really help the team you claim to support?

If nothing else learn from what was disclosed after the match. We don't have a clue about what is going on in the dressing room and team selection. Hopefully there will be a few feeling a bit ashamed and embarrassed now but I doubt it. They will probably be too arrogant to recognise or admit they were wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024