Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perch 22:57 - Aug 22 with 3161 viewsdaveB

Dislocated knee cap so he's out for a while as is Lynch with a hamstring injury

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/perch-set-for-spell-on-sidelines/
Perch on 22:59 - Aug 22 with 3150 viewsessextaxiboy

Ouch ..
We need a loaner in this week ..
Perch on 22:59 - Aug 22 with 3150 viewsStanisgod

Lynch seems to be yet another sicknote, especially with hammys.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Perch on 23:08 - Aug 22 with 3094 viewsstevec

Fair play to Perch, takes serious guts to play out the Hull game with injury like that
Perch on 23:11 - Aug 22 with 3075 viewsDejR_vu

Perch on 23:08 - Aug 22 by stevec

Fair play to Perch, takes serious guts to play out the Hull game with injury like that

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Perch on 23:18 - Aug 22 with 3037 viewsdachiltern

Perch on 23:08 - Aug 22 by stevec

Hmmm you wonder if he was even aware, from personal experience the leg would have so numb you wouldn't feel the pain. Dumb tackle in the first place but then again that is a mark of the player concerned.
Perch on 23:23 - Aug 22 with 3005 viewssmegma

Perch on 23:18 - Aug 22 by dachiltern

Hmmm you wonder if he was even aware, from personal experience the leg would have so numb you wouldn't feel the pain. Dumb tackle in the first place but then again that is a mark of the player concerned.

If he dislocated his knee on Saturday he wouldn't been able to finish the game surely ??
Perch on 23:27 - Aug 22 with 2984 viewsWatford_Ranger

Robinson was dreadful tonight but maybe Bidwell would suit the left-sided centre half if we go with three and Robinson and Wzolek/Furlong at wing-back. Desperately hope Wzolek was just knackered rather than injured tonight.
Perch on 23:31 - Aug 22 with 2959 viewsdachiltern

Perch on 23:23 - Aug 22 by smegma

If he dislocated his knee on Saturday he wouldn't been able to finish the game surely ??

As with some breaks, you don't always know you've done it until well after the event.
Login to get fewer ads

Perch on 23:36 - Aug 22 with 2926 viewsbosh67

He was in agony when it happened. Then he seemed completely stunned. And then he got up and played on. I have no idea with the severity of the injury how he did it. Quite a big loss because he's been superb in the first few games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Perch on 06:50 - Aug 23 with 2741 viewsderbyhoop

The injuries are going to leave us with some big problems. One of the reasons Perch has been playing instead of Furlong is Furlo go's positioning is suspect. Now, it looks like we will have to play Darnell, come what may.
Add in the injury to Lynch and the way the Baptiste/Faulkner combination worked tonight and we can see decent teams running a coach and horses through our defence.
Still, we've only got unbeaten, top of the table Cardiff on Saturday. What could possibly go wrong?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Perch on 08:13 - Aug 23 with 2567 viewsdaveB

Perch on 23:23 - Aug 22 by smegma

it popped back in apparently but did a lot of damage, out for 7 months
Perch on 09:01 - Aug 23 with 2492 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Essex is right, we may well need a loaner.

We only have Ned and Baptiste for the back three as of today. Caulker's clearly not yet fit going on reports on last night. Playing Bidwell at CB would mean moving a player who's playing well in his position to another position where he would be a novice. None of the young lads have the experience yet to step into the team on a long-term basis, ideally you would like them to make a few subs appearances and spot starts first and, perhaps tellingly, Holloway didn't play any of the last night instead preferring to change formation.

The only other option is to go 442 and that seems a complete no-go to me as we can't seem to defend with four at the back and it would also mean changing the roles of players who've been doing well - Pawel, Scowen, Freeman, Luongo etc.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Perch on 09:03 - Aug 23 with 2482 viewsDorse

Time for Giles Phillips?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Perch on 09:04 - Aug 23 with 2481 viewsRANGERS4EVER

This is probably the best i've seen Perch play for us so its absolutely typical for him to get injured.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Perch on 09:36 - Aug 23 with 2412 viewssimmo

Perch on 09:04 - Aug 23 by RANGERS4EVER

This is probably the best i've seen Perch play for us so its absolutely typical for him to get injured.

Same, such a shame as he was starting to show signs of the player we signed. A big personality in the dressing room too by all accounts so this is particularly disappointing news.

I've pretty much had it with Lynch tbh, was quietly pleased when we signed him but he's always injured and when he's not he's getting turned for fun. His stats for availability over xmas killed off most of his good will with me as it was. Wish we could have signed a decent replacement as our CB's look dangerously short atm.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Perch on 10:12 - Aug 23 with 2362 viewssevenhoop

Perch on 09:01 - Aug 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Essex is right, we may well need a loaner.

We only have Ned and Baptiste for the back three as of today. Caulker's clearly not yet fit going on reports on last night. Playing Bidwell at CB would mean moving a player who's playing well in his position to another position where he would be a novice. None of the young lads have the experience yet to step into the team on a long-term basis, ideally you would like them to make a few subs appearances and spot starts first and, perhaps tellingly, Holloway didn't play any of the last night instead preferring to change formation.

The only other option is to go 442 and that seems a complete no-go to me as we can't seem to defend with four at the back and it would also mean changing the roles of players who've been doing well - Pawel, Scowen, Freeman, Luongo etc.

Bidwell there is no option. He played him there towards the end of last season and he was woeful (worse than even he had been the rest of the season) and is too one-footed to contemplate playing a more central role. Not saying the others aren't one-footed (quite how you can be a professional footballer and not practice on the other foot for hours at a time after training is beyond me) but Bidwell simply cannot turn and play any other way if it is on his wrong side.

As for Perch, if it wasn't so sad it would be comical - he's nearly broken a million legs with stupid/ill-timed/ill-judged tackles, but then ends up crippling himself with another stupid tackle and doing severe damage to two others at the same time! It looked like Scowen was affected by that tacked on Saturday and we can only pray he is fit this week
Perch on 11:43 - Aug 23 with 2241 viewsrichranger

Damn - he finally seems to have found his position as part of a back 3 - before his tackle on Saturday, I thought he was our best player.

With Lynch out too, and Hall still struggling, we are woefully short of Centre backs. We have to buy or borrow one - hopefully before Saturday.
Perch on 11:57 - Aug 23 with 2211 viewsdanehoop

Soem bloke called Clint Hill was looking for a contract afer his exploits north of the border. OK, not particularly mobile, but still think he might do a job in the circumstances and certainly someone who is a postive influence.

Never knowingly understood

Perch on 12:05 - Aug 23 with 2193 viewsoldmisery

If a Centre Back was a priority signing six weeks ago and since Hall, Lynch and Perch are now ruled out for weeks/months (?) a loan signing is surely an imperative given that Caulker has just proved to be as much use as a chocolate tea pot and that Baptiste has now confirmed my previous views on his playing ability.

I wonder if there is any chance of bring Delaney back to the club, he doesn't seem to be in favour at Palace but I suspect that unless they continued to pay his wages he may be a little too expensive for our cash poor situation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024