Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeni 00:29 - Aug 23 with 7927 viewsWatford_Ranger

We've had this bloke for over a year now. I've seen him play on the left, on the right and behind the striker and still don't know what sort of player he's meant to be.

Maybe there's some potential there that I can't see but can someone explain to me what he's good at? Is one year too soon to judge?
Yeni on 00:32 - Aug 23 with 4730 viewsDesertBoot

I agree. Still don't know why we signed him and what his best position is.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Yeni on 02:14 - Aug 23 with 4650 viewsStanisgod

Reminds me of that bloke who fooled some team he was a footballer some years ago and after 15 minutes they realised he wasn't. Done it for me when clean through and decided to pass to a marked man. Utter dogs since day one.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Yeni on 03:05 - Aug 23 with 4631 viewsitsbiga

Takes a nice free kick from time to time

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Yeni on 03:14 - Aug 23 with 4625 viewstimcocking

It is slightly frustrating. I get the feeling we might be starting every match without our two best players. Hard to tell when we've seen so little.
Yeni on 04:34 - Aug 23 with 4605 viewsvegasranger

Can't believe we tracked him for so long. No obvious talent or what position he really plays. Yet another player we will be trying to dump on an overpaid contract !!
Yeni on 06:13 - Aug 23 with 4544 viewssevenhoop

Yeni on 04:34 - Aug 23 by vegasranger

Can't believe we tracked him for so long. No obvious talent or what position he really plays. Yet another player we will be trying to dump on an overpaid contract !!

I've always described him as 'pointless'. I just don't understand what he does, what he brings to the team. And me and my mates then conclude that he must show it in training, because he never shows it on the pitch.
Yeni on 06:29 - Aug 23 with 4526 viewsRs_Holy

Yeni on 02:14 - Aug 23 by Stanisgod

Reminds me of that bloke who fooled some team he was a footballer some years ago and after 15 minutes they realised he wasn't. Done it for me when clean through and decided to pass to a marked man. Utter dogs since day one.

That really wound everyone up... if he had scored it would have made it 3-2 and I'd have fancied us to win the match at that point. As well as being inept ive always found him a bit light weight.
Yeni on 08:16 - Aug 23 with 4384 viewsheadhoops

Also had a a great opportunity with a free header from an inch perfect cross in the first half - missed the target by a good distance. One free kick in a year does not cut it for me. Would start Eze ahead of him every time.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

Yeni on 11:29 - Aug 23 with 4225 viewsTonto

does this mean we have found our boo boy what with Onouha, bidwell and Perch playing reasonably well?

Top effort chaps.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Yeni on 11:47 - Aug 23 with 4185 viewsRs_Holy

Yeni on 11:29 - Aug 23 by Tonto

does this mean we have found our boo boy what with Onouha, bidwell and Perch playing reasonably well?

Top effort chaps.

I'm more likely to throttle him!
Yeni on 11:57 - Aug 23 with 4164 viewsstevec

That was something else, you could sense he just wanted to get rid of the ball, didn't matter where it ended up!

As a rule of thumb, if you're thinking of buying a player and don't know what his best position is... don't buy him.
Yeni on 11:58 - Aug 23 with 4154 viewsfrancisbowles

Yeni on 11:57 - Aug 23 by stevec

That was something else, you could sense he just wanted to get rid of the ball, didn't matter where it ended up!

As a rule of thumb, if you're thinking of buying a player and don't know what his best position is... don't buy him.

It betrayed a lack of confidence.
Yeni on 12:03 - Aug 23 with 4131 viewsstevec

Yeni on 11:58 - Aug 23 by francisbowles

It betrayed a lack of confidence.

Yes, in his own ability.

I trust you're not heading this in one of those 'it's all the fans fault' threads?
Yeni on 12:06 - Aug 23 with 4119 viewsEsox_Lucius

Perhaps if we stopped booing our own players during a game they wouldn't play like nervous kittens. The atmosphere obviously affects the players as witnessed by the comeback against Hull and the players coming over to the crowd afterwards. Yeni is a decent player for the money but seems to be suffering from the same issues that Chery had when he was here, in and out of the side, playing in various positions etc. A run in the side in the second striker/ No. 10 position would do wonders for him.

The grass is always greener.

Yeni on 12:07 - Aug 23 with 4110 viewsfrancisbowles

Yeni on 12:03 - Aug 23 by stevec

Yes, in his own ability.

I trust you're not heading this in one of those 'it's all the fans fault' threads?

Well I wasn't going to but.......
Yeni on 12:14 - Aug 23 with 4080 viewsstevec

Yeni on 12:06 - Aug 23 by Esox_Lucius

Perhaps if we stopped booing our own players during a game they wouldn't play like nervous kittens. The atmosphere obviously affects the players as witnessed by the comeback against Hull and the players coming over to the crowd afterwards. Yeni is a decent player for the money but seems to be suffering from the same issues that Chery had when he was here, in and out of the side, playing in various positions etc. A run in the side in the second striker/ No. 10 position would do wonders for him.

No one was booing him. He was two yards clear of any Brentford players, running clear on goal, fans cheering him on. The only thing on any decent forwards mind at that point would be to keep on running with it into the area. There was literally acres of space in front of him and keeper still rooted on his line. Instead he did exactly what has been said throughout this thread, totally fcked it up as he didn't trust himself faced with a one on one.

I get slightly sick of this 'blame the fans' stuff. Most players will tell you in those moments all they hear is white noise. Good players tend to do the right thing, even if it doesn't result in a goal, poorer players don't.
Yeni on 12:17 - Aug 23 with 4061 viewsdaveB

Yeni on 11:57 - Aug 23 by stevec

he was signed as a left winger I think but has hardly ever played there
Yeni on 12:21 - Aug 23 with 4048 viewsstevec

Yeni on 12:17 - Aug 23 by daveB

he was signed as a left winger I think but has hardly ever played there

When we have no other left wingers.

Tells you why we are having they same doubts as Ollie is.
Yeni on 12:25 - Aug 23 with 4025 viewsEsox_Lucius

Yeni on 12:14 - Aug 23 by stevec

No one was booing him. He was two yards clear of any Brentford players, running clear on goal, fans cheering him on. The only thing on any decent forwards mind at that point would be to keep on running with it into the area. There was literally acres of space in front of him and keeper still rooted on his line. Instead he did exactly what has been said throughout this thread, totally fcked it up as he didn't trust himself faced with a one on one.

I get slightly sick of this 'blame the fans' stuff. Most players will tell you in those moments all they hear is white noise. Good players tend to do the right thing, even if it doesn't result in a goal, poorer players don't.

Yes they were! He was getting dogs abuse all around me in Upper Loft for the miss and a few were getting onto him before that. I am not going to defend my position any further as you generally show a complete intransigence to any other viewpoint than your own.

Yeni on 12:29 - Aug 23 with 4008 viewsRs_Holy

Yeni on 12:25 - Aug 23 by Esox_Lucius

Yes they were! He was getting dogs abuse all around me in Upper Loft for the miss and a few were getting onto him before that. I am not going to defend my position any further as you generally show a complete intransigence to any other viewpoint than your own.

I know everyone is different and we are all human beings but atmosphere was pretty hostile for the brentford players and it didnt seem to affect them too much!
Yeni on 12:31 - Aug 23 with 3998 viewsEsox_Lucius

and that's where the hostility should have been directed. Brentford fans weren't getting on their players backs when we had them under the cosh a bit in the second half yet there were still people around me not joining in any chants but as soon as a mistake was made or a move broke down, there they were with the abuse.

Yeni on 12:35 - Aug 23 with 3982 viewsdavman

The most annoying thing about that was that the Brentford goal came from an identical position, but with a player prepared to shoot.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Yeni on 12:35 - Aug 23 with 3981 viewssimmo

In a 4-2-3-1 he's the left hand side attacker that can cut inside, like Martial at United. Not quite a striker or winger, somewhere in between. That formation also means your emphasis is a lot less on being a classic winger that also has to defend, so between that and the new system, we're not really playing him where he was at Metz.

There's a technically strong, pacey and direct player there, but in the current set up and being in and out of the team, we're not likely to see it. He's got a great delivery too btw. Shame as he seems a victim of our multiple managers/multiple systems approach, bought for one purpose then becomes surplus to current requirements.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Yeni on 12:39 - Aug 23 with 3968 viewsRs_Holy

Yeni on 12:31 - Aug 23 by Esox_Lucius

and that's where the hostility should have been directed. Brentford fans weren't getting on their players backs when we had them under the cosh a bit in the second half yet there were still people around me not joining in any chants but as soon as a mistake was made or a move broke down, there they were with the abuse.

I thought the brentford fans were very quiet last night. They didnt berate their players and didnt encourage them much either.
Yeni on 12:39 - Aug 23 with 3966 viewsShunter

agree, and it was such an important time in the match last night,
if we had got back to 2-3 ............who knows !!

IH must see something in him, would love him to tell us what.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024