Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So how will we line up? 13:06 - Aug 31 with 11318 viewsE20Jack

Where do we think Sanches will fit in? I have got him as our holding midfield player but would be happy switching him and Clucas and allowing him a more attacking role too. Thoughts?

------------------- Fabianski ----------------
..........VDH....Fernandez....Mawson.....
...Naughton..........................Olsson...
..................Renato Sanches.............
.........Ayew.......................Clucas.....
..................Tammy.........................
......................Bony........................

Only concerns are center back. VDH scares me, had a decent game last showing but will have to keep that up for a good few games to ease my concerns. And playing Tammy behind Bony will take away Tammys greatest strength in my opinion which is his natural strikers instincts and predatory tendancies in the box.

What it does show however is there is going to be few chances for Mesa this season. What a strange signing. Certainly has the feel of a Borja type signing. We could have spent that on a quality center half.

The overwhelming feeling I have looking at this side however is that we certainly should not be competing at the wrong end of the league this year come the final few weeks of the season.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 13:13]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

So how will we line up? on 19:38 - Aug 31 with 5700 viewsItchySphincter

So how will we line up? on 18:55 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

Rubbish! People forget he was player of the year. And also had a few good games at the end of last season

Player of the season three years ago when we were a half decent side - how long can he be allowed to trade on that? He had a few cameos at the end of last season and didn't pull up any trees, more often than not turning attack in to defence. He's crap, PC knows it, he's toast.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

So how will we line up? on 19:42 - Aug 31 with 5664 viewsGaryjack

So how will we line up? on 19:38 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

Player of the season three years ago when we were a half decent side - how long can he be allowed to trade on that? He had a few cameos at the end of last season and didn't pull up any trees, more often than not turning attack in to defence. He's crap, PC knows it, he's toast.

Oh Itchy mun. Read the post i was replying to!
So how will we line up? on 19:43 - Aug 31 with 5679 viewsTheResurrection

So how will we line up? on 16:15 - Aug 31 by EasternJack

---------------------Fabianski ----------------
..........Bartley....Fernandez....Mawson.....
...Naughton..........................Olsson...
......................Roque Mesa............
.........Sanches.......................Clucas.....
..........................Tammy.........................
.........................Bony........................

No way is Sanches coming here to play anchor in that formation. I expect him further forward linking with bony and Abraham

Clucas and Mesa are interchangeable and have stiff competition from Leroy, Carrol and dare I say Ki

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Clucas given a shot at a back 3 position as well as cover for Olsen.

Bench
-------
Nordfelt
VDH
Rangel
Carrol
Ayew
Leroy
Narsingh
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 16:18]

With the multitude of options in the middle you are basically saying:

* you'd either play Naughton there
* or a 3 man midfield

Really? Explain your thinking?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

So how will we line up? on 19:44 - Aug 31 with 5664 viewsItchySphincter

So how will we line up? on 19:42 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

lol

So how will we line up? on 19:45 - Aug 31 with 5665 viewsOldjack

So how will we line up? on 19:42 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

Take no notice of itchy bum ,he's always hated Ki

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

So how will we line up? on 23:55 - Aug 31 with 5579 viewsItchySphincter

So how will we line up? on 19:45 - Aug 31 by Oldjack

Take no notice of itchy bum ,he's always hated Ki

No I haven't. Only when it became blindingly obvious he is the biggest coward ever to pull on the shirt.

So how will we line up? (n/t) on 00:07 - Sep 1 with 5569 viewsclement

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 0:14]

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

So how will we line up? on 00:13 - Sep 1 with 5542 viewsclement

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Login to get fewer ads

So how will we line up? on 00:13 - Sep 1 with 5542 viewsdameedna

So how will we line up? on 19:26 - Aug 31 by Magic_Michu

I'd play this with Sanches playing deeper than Carroll in the box to box midfielder role.

Next game Newcastle posibly like this
Fabianski
Naughton Fernandez Mawson Olsson
Ayew Carroll Sanches Mesa Clucas
Abraham

Subs Nordfelt, Rangel, VDH, Fer, Routledge, Narsingh, Bony

Not sure how Clement is going to use Sanches, Mesa and Clucas together but it would be seem to be an ideal game to give Mesa 60 minutes to control with Sanches and Carroll in front.
So how will we line up? on 00:18 - Sep 1 with 5528 viewsEasternJack

So how will we line up? on 19:43 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

With the multitude of options in the middle you are basically saying:

* you'd either play Naughton there
* or a 3 man midfield

Really? Explain your thinking?

Naughton wing back. I thought it was clear.

3 in mid. I agree that we should be looking to better leverage our midfield talent, but we're too exposed playing 4 at the back. The only other option is to convert some of these central players to wide players - but who? Clucas is left sided.

I'll elaborate on the back 4 comment. For us it means playing wide or narrow. Narrow (diamond) has exposed us badly in the past down the wings and stifled our attacking prowess - I saw it as the beginning of our dependency on set plays and counter starting with Monk.

Playing wide with back 4 means that we dip into our winger pool - which is sub standard (even though I have an irrational soft spot for Monterey) - or force the issue like Guido tried with Siggy

Keen to get your view
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 0:31]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

So how will we line up? on 01:00 - Sep 1 with 5489 viewsRuDeMan1970

I know it's still over a week to the Noooocassull game but I'm not sure PC will be happy to field all our recent signings from the off. I'm happy though that the squad certainly looks healthier now with all the new guys on board.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

So how will we line up? on 01:21 - Sep 1 with 5458 viewsDJack

So how will we line up? on 01:00 - Sep 1 by RuDeMan1970

I know it's still over a week to the Noooocassull game but I'm not sure PC will be happy to field all our recent signings from the off. I'm happy though that the squad certainly looks healthier now with all the new guys on board.

Correctamundo!

That said I expect them both to get game time on the day

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

So how will we line up? on 06:40 - Sep 1 with 5341 viewsDr_Winston

We were starting to get narrow and stilted under Monk before he stumbled across the diamond but that nonsense just entrenched it. A better manager might have been able to make it work, but not GM.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

So how will we line up? on 07:39 - Sep 1 with 5289 viewsairedale

Not a mention of Leon anywhere. Sniff.
So how will we line up? on 09:25 - Sep 1 with 5206 viewsHuwJackBastard

So how will we line up? on 19:17 - Aug 31 by golly47

I'd like this to be honest.

This Formation but swap carroll for mesa
So how will we line up? on 10:02 - Sep 1 with 5169 viewsTheResurrection

So how will we line up? on 00:18 - Sep 1 by EasternJack

Naughton wing back. I thought it was clear.

3 in mid. I agree that we should be looking to better leverage our midfield talent, but we're too exposed playing 4 at the back. The only other option is to convert some of these central players to wide players - but who? Clucas is left sided.

I'll elaborate on the back 4 comment. For us it means playing wide or narrow. Narrow (diamond) has exposed us badly in the past down the wings and stifled our attacking prowess - I saw it as the beginning of our dependency on set plays and counter starting with Monk.

Playing wide with back 4 means that we dip into our winger pool - which is sub standard (even though I have an irrational soft spot for Monterey) - or force the issue like Guido tried with Siggy

Keen to get your view
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 0:31]

I like the 3 5 2. It makes sense for us to use this on times. It's made a lot of sense in the 3 games we've had so far.

But that was before we brought in another 2 midfield players and Bony, which would mean we need to fit him or Tammy, or even both on the pitch together at the same time.

With being literally spoiled for choice in the middle it now makes less sense to effectively play our full backs further forward to integrate another centre half.

It's going to be difficult enough keeping one or two happy. We'll probably need to play both Tammy and Sanches, we may have obligations there to a certain degree. I'm not sure it's wise to drop him for Bartley anyway.

I hope to see the 3 5 2 again, I just think with the acquisitions we may see more of a 4 3 3 again.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

So how will we line up? on 10:13 - Sep 1 with 5147 viewsPegojack

So how will we line up? on 10:02 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

I like the 3 5 2. It makes sense for us to use this on times. It's made a lot of sense in the 3 games we've had so far.

But that was before we brought in another 2 midfield players and Bony, which would mean we need to fit him or Tammy, or even both on the pitch together at the same time.

With being literally spoiled for choice in the middle it now makes less sense to effectively play our full backs further forward to integrate another centre half.

It's going to be difficult enough keeping one or two happy. We'll probably need to play both Tammy and Sanches, we may have obligations there to a certain degree. I'm not sure it's wise to drop him for Bartley anyway.

I hope to see the 3 5 2 again, I just think with the acquisitions we may see more of a 4 3 3 again.

Do you think it'll be 3-5-2 for the difficult games against the top 6 and 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 against the others, maybe?

Can the squad be flexible enough to be comfortable with two or three different formations as circumstances dictate?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 11:23]
So how will we line up? on 11:20 - Sep 1 with 5107 viewsEasternJack

So how will we line up? on 10:02 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

Yes - was thinking about a possible 433, and even the Chelsea 343 from last year

I guess the real answer is that in PC, we have a coach who set up the team to play different formations given the opposition. He's tried a bit of tinkering so far (with mixed success), but the influx of central players will help with options.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

So how will we line up? on 11:27 - Sep 1 with 5096 viewsLegend83

Fab
Naugton FF Alfe Martin
Rene Big Tom Clucas
Tammy Wilf Ayew

Bench: Kris, VdH/KB, Yiadom, Narsingh, Fer/Mesa, ...(striker!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024