Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 points an absolute must, next week. 09:59 - Sep 17 with 8522 viewsBushRanger82

As the the title says, 3 points at home against Burton Albion are vital before the international break.
Barnsley away, and Fulham at home, hope we get something from those games, but it will be incredibly tough.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 10:02 - Sep 17 with 5329 viewsDorse

3 points? We'll be lucky to have three players at this rate.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 10:02 - Sep 17 with 5331 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ah, it's a bit early for must-win games, isn't it?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 11:02 - Sep 17 with 5207 viewsmcqpr10

it's not really a must win. As Clive has mentioned the championship is a slog. Often games are Tues,Sun and more about who can stay clear of injuries and keep motivated. Fulham and Barnsley are good chances for points. Fulham lost to Burton and Barnsley got tonked by Villa this weekend and have a new squad. Brentford, seem to plY well every week and arent picking the points up.This league is more unpredictable than ever.

That said, Burton is as good an opportunity as any to get points but for us that brings its own pressure.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 11:05 - Sep 17 with 5197 views2Thomas2Bowles

Umm has everyone forgotten about this game last season , we just don't do well against teams we should beat and they won against the fools yesterday

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 11:16 - Sep 17 with 5167 viewsLblock

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 10:02 - Sep 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah, it's a bit early for must-win games, isn't it?

Errrrmmmmmmm....

I'm late to the "must win" party this season!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 11:17 - Sep 17 with 5171 viewsrsonist

No real "gimmes" this year besides Bolton it seems. Likes of Preston, Burton, Millwall giving a good account of themselves while the underachievers still have the players to hurt you on an off day, not to mention the means in the market to improve come January.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 11:17]
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 11:51 - Sep 17 with 5088 viewsLythamR

"3 points an absolute must, next week."

"must" in relation to what?
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 11:59 - Sep 17 with 5060 viewskensalriser

Every game's a must-win if you want the three points.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 12:02 - Sep 17 with 5051 viewsrobith

You know vital means essential, ie can not function without. Will we cease to exist if we draw?
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 12:02 - Sep 17 with 5051 viewsWatford_Ranger

What happens to 11th placed QPR if we don't win this must-win? We may drop to 13th!!!!

What if we win? The dizzy heights of 9th!!!!
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 12:31 - Sep 17 with 4991 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 14:47 - Sep 17 with 4770 viewsDorse

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 12:02 - Sep 17 by Watford_Ranger

What happens to 11th placed QPR if we don't win this must-win? We may drop to 13th!!!!

What if we win? The dizzy heights of 9th!!!!

Ninth? The very idea!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 20:24 - Sep 17 with 4531 viewsloftus77

I know many on here mock...but next week IS a 'must-win' game in any season.

Got nothing but respect for the way the Brewers and their manager go about their business, but if you're not taking 3 points in games like these then the bottom 3 will always beckon come May. If we finish below Burton Albion we'll be a League One club next season IMHO. Yesterday a draw was a 'win'; next Saturday a draw is a 'defeat'.

So yes, don;t like the term 'must-win' but it applies next weekend. I reckon the only other 2 games in this bracket are Bolton and Barnsley at home.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 20:34 - Sep 17 with 4511 viewsbosh67

We have a pretty poor record against Burton so it is a tough game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 20:35 - Sep 17 with 4511 viewsTacticalR

I don't think we can take anything for granted in this division.

In April Burton beat Leeds at home (thereby derailing Leeds' play-off ambitions), and beat Huddersfield away. They also took four points off us last season.

Air hostess clique

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 21:14 - Sep 17 with 4453 viewsCiderwithRsie

Isn't the whole concept of a must-win game (unless mathematically you need it to stay up/get promoted or whatever) just the flip side of Redknapp's "bonus games"?

Any game you win gets you three points, you need to pile up the points by the end of the season, you try to win every game. They're all winnable, none of 'em are guaranteed, if you don't win you go again next week and if you do it counts for nothing at the start of the next game.

No season was ever decided on the basis of one bloody game. (Though don't try that on me when I'm banging on about Cantona being allowed 4 hours of injury time and how we didn't get out of the ground before the start of MoTD)
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 22:12 - Sep 17 with 4375 viewsTacticalR

@CiderwithRsie 'Isn't the whole concept of a must-win game (unless mathematically you need it to stay up/get promoted or whatever) just the flip side of Redknapp's "bonus games"?'

So it's a reverse bonus game? Or in other words, just a game.

Air hostess clique

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 23:11 - Sep 17 with 4319 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 20:24 - Sep 17 by loftus77

I know many on here mock...but next week IS a 'must-win' game in any season.

Got nothing but respect for the way the Brewers and their manager go about their business, but if you're not taking 3 points in games like these then the bottom 3 will always beckon come May. If we finish below Burton Albion we'll be a League One club next season IMHO. Yesterday a draw was a 'win'; next Saturday a draw is a 'defeat'.

So yes, don;t like the term 'must-win' but it applies next weekend. I reckon the only other 2 games in this bracket are Bolton and Barnsley at home.

Well yes but it never works out that way, does it? There are always "unexpected" points dropped and on the flip side, surprise points gained. ALWAYS. The Burton game is just another game. No more no less.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 23:21 - Sep 17 with 4301 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Hardly must win. I think we lost it last year from memory.
Anyone can beat anyone in this division just like many recent seasons. Burton beat fulham Saturday who in turn wiped the floor with Ipswich a couple of weeks ago away. Leeds lost to Millwall.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 23:36 - Sep 17 with 4283 viewsisawqpratwcity

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 14:47 - Sep 17 by Dorse

Ninth? The very idea!

Surprised he didn't put his hand on her tit.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 23:43 - Sep 17 with 4259 viewsCiderwithRsie

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 22:12 - Sep 17 by TacticalR

@CiderwithRsie 'Isn't the whole concept of a must-win game (unless mathematically you need it to stay up/get promoted or whatever) just the flip side of Redknapp's "bonus games"?'

So it's a reverse bonus game? Or in other words, just a game.

Exactly.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 03:04 - Sep 18 with 4192 viewstimcocking

Not really, just another 3 points.

And besides, the chance of Rangers beating the 'minnows' at home is negligible.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 03:59 - Sep 18 with 4177 viewsMistication92

Please no, let's just get through these dull Championship seasons going with the ebb and flow. Before last week I'd have predicted 4 points from 9, only with the Ipswich and Millwall results swapped. We were 2 post widths away from 7 points and heaps of expectation.

We'll finish 12th or thereabouts, more important than that is the performances, which have been very encouraging. Could we at least try not to get sucked into "must wins" and all that crap? We're not going to get relegated or promoted.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 09:26 - Sep 18 with 3978 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 23:36 - Sep 17 by isawqpratwcity

Well his thumb does get very close.

The dirty old monkey

3 points an absolute must, next week. (n/t) on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 3970 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 23:36 - Sep 17 by isawqpratwcity

[Post edited 18 Sep 2017 9:31]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024