Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 points an absolute must, next week. 09:59 - Sep 17 with 8521 viewsBushRanger82

As the the title says, 3 points at home against Burton Albion are vital before the international break.
Barnsley away, and Fulham at home, hope we get something from those games, but it will be incredibly tough.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 09:42 - Sep 18 with 2325 viewsade_qpr

Do agree withe the concept of wanting to beat teams around the relegation zone as it keeps them down and us safer but If we are to achieve any thing this season ie promotion we need to gain points across the board

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 09:48 - Sep 18 with 2316 viewsDorse

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 23:36 - Sep 17 by isawqpratwcity

Surprised he didn't put his hand on her tit.

We Rangers are far too civilised and urbane to undertake such a heinous act like what that is.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 09:57 - Sep 18 with 2308 viewsToast_R

"Must Win" should only be used if the consequences of not winning are dire. Not beating Burton (who just beat fancied for promotion Fulham) is not going to mean relegation and impending financial collapse. It's just a "should be favorite to win that one" type of game. Everyone needs to relax, enjoy the football and not get too caught up in all the bollocks.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2017 9:58]
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 10:06 - Sep 18 with 2282 viewssimmo

It's definitely a game with some significance though, to try and keep the good results at home going and maintain the good attitude in the squad. Also we need to show that we can still play well and perform without key personnel, espcecially Chief.

It'll be a tough one but 3 points will be a BIG boost and help make September a decent month

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 10:20 - Sep 18 with 2272 viewsheadhoops

with many on here predicting pre season that we were for the drop surely this isn't a must win game but a proverbial 6 pointer. Lord knows there is only 100+ points still to play for after the game.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 10:22 - Sep 18 with 2268 viewsNorthernr

It's absolutely not a must win game, that's clearly ridiculous. But it is a good chance to put three points on the board while all our defenders are injured so it is very important. Won't take much for fragile confidence to drain away and a run of bad results to build while we're missing all these players so we can buy ourselves another couple of weeks with a win here.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 16:58 - Sep 18 with 2154 viewsterryb

No matter what our side is, the one think I expect from Saturday is that we will play better than we did at home to Burton last season!
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 18:04 - Sep 18 with 2130 viewsPinnerPaul

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 20:24 - Sep 17 by loftus77

I know many on here mock...but next week IS a 'must-win' game in any season.

Got nothing but respect for the way the Brewers and their manager go about their business, but if you're not taking 3 points in games like these then the bottom 3 will always beckon come May. If we finish below Burton Albion we'll be a League One club next season IMHO. Yesterday a draw was a 'win'; next Saturday a draw is a 'defeat'.

So yes, don;t like the term 'must-win' but it applies next weekend. I reckon the only other 2 games in this bracket are Bolton and Barnsley at home.

Doesn't work like that, never has and never will.

Lose to Burton and we're near the bottom 3? Nope
Login to get fewer ads

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 19:51 - Sep 18 with 2071 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We got beat 4-2 by Chesterfield in 2003/04.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 20:29 - Sep 18 with 2029 viewsDorse

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 19:51 - Sep 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

We got beat 4-2 by Chesterfield in 2003/04.

We did...?

[Post edited 18 Sep 2017 20:30]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 09:15 - Sep 19 with 1907 viewsTW_R

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 23:11 - Sep 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

Well yes but it never works out that way, does it? There are always "unexpected" points dropped and on the flip side, surprise points gained. ALWAYS. The Burton game is just another game. No more no less.

Seriously? How long have you supported QPR for? I've only ever experienced "unexpected" points won. Dropping points should be very expected!
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 10:04 - Sep 19 with 1887 viewshopphoops

If we don't win I'll

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 08:39 - Sep 23 with 1742 viewsBushRanger82

We lost against Cardiff last week, vital we beat Burton at Loftus Rd and avoid nose-diving into a potentially dangerous losing run, what with our injury crisis. Next week Barnsley and Fulham, with Sunderland away after the break, it won't get any easier. Can't afford to pass up games like this one.

You Rrrrrrrrrssssssssss!
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 10:52 - Sep 23 with 1702 viewsHoopsarrr

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 08:39 - Sep 23 by BushRanger82

We lost against Cardiff last week, vital we beat Burton at Loftus Rd and avoid nose-diving into a potentially dangerous losing run, what with our injury crisis. Next week Barnsley and Fulham, with Sunderland away after the break, it won't get any easier. Can't afford to pass up games like this one.

You Rrrrrrrrrssssssssss!

Ridiculous thread. It's September. Whole season to play for.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 15:24 - Sep 23 with 1658 viewsBoston

If we don't win today....it may be the end of the world,

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 18:36 - Sep 23 with 1628 viewsE17hoop

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 15:24 - Sep 23 by Boston

If we don't win today....it may be the end of the world,

Bloódy annoying dropping points and moving UP the table on the day the world ends. Typical QPR...

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 19:48 - Sep 23 with 1571 viewsTonto

So I assume this means we are relegated? Hardly worth bothering with the rest of the season then...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 00:25 - Sep 24 with 1493 viewsMatch82

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 19:48 - Sep 23 by Tonto

So I assume this means we are relegated? Hardly worth bothering with the rest of the season then...

I am definitely a little confused. What happens next? Are we relegated now, or do we get to try and win some other games?
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 11:05 - Sep 24 with 1427 viewsBushRanger82

2 points dropped at home to Burton Albion. Not good.

Only positive to be taken from yesterday is, at least a point is better than nothing.

Now we're in for a hard old month or so, and for the life of me, I can't see where we will pick points up from.

Hopefully, the team will pull some from the bag for us before next Saturday.

Some interesting opinions on this thread.

Begs the question, when is the right time for a 'must win' thread?

April, maybe?

When it will almost be too little, too late?

Never too early to 'must win' games, in my humble opinion.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 14:33 - Sep 24 with 1372 viewsfrancisbowles

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 11:05 - Sep 24 by BushRanger82

Only positive to be taken from yesterday is, at least a point is better than nothing.

Now we're in for a hard old month or so, and for the life of me, I can't see where we will pick points up from.

April, maybe?

I believe that when the game starts against Barnsley, Fulham, Sunderland or whoever the score is 0-0. So if we can play better than the opponents and put the ball in the net the same number of times as them or more than they do we can pick up some points.

A must win game is when if you don't win it you are doomed!
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 12:54 - Sep 25 with 1301 viewsPinnerPaul

April, maybe?

More points? - Barnsley tomorrow might be a good place to look first.

Its Monday, we didn't win, and our position on this earth and in the Championship isn't a lot worse than it was on Friday night I hope you'll agree!
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 13:29 - Sep 25 with 1262 viewsTacticalR

Everyone knows we never win must win games, absolute or otherwise.

Air hostess clique

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 13:48 - Sep 25 with 1241 viewsconnell10

April, maybe?

We aint playing next Saturday mate, just saying like!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

3 points an absolute must, next week. on 13:49 - Sep 25 with 1232 viewsNorthernr

April, maybe?

Not in fcking September, fairly obviously.
3 points an absolute must, next week. on 14:45 - Sep 25 with 1178 viewssimmo

April, maybe?

A must win game is usually just before it's too late, which considering the maths of what's to play for, wouldn't include September games.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024