Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lukaku Chant 13:50 - Sep 19 with 11693 viewsWokingR

Kick it Out have contacted Man Utd complaining that the chant about Lukaku having a 24 inch penis is racial stereotyping.
Now, just who are they offended on behalf of this time because you can guarantee that Lukaku will be loving it.
They have done some good work in the past but this time I can't help thinking they are shouting for the sake of shouting.
Unless you lot out there with little penises feel threatened. Let me know.
Lukaku Chant on 08:08 - Sep 20 with 1995 viewsHayesender

Kick it out have said perpetrators can e expect punishment.

Quick question, but who made them the law?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lukaku Chant on 08:12 - Sep 20 with 1991 viewsDorse

24 inches? Sounds like he has two good feet.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lukaku Chant on 08:14 - Sep 20 with 1992 viewsPommyhoop

Lukaku Chant on 18:55 - Sep 19 by FredManRave

Was the Park song about his 2.4 inch penis?!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Lukaku Chant on 08:29 - Sep 20 with 1968 viewsheadhoops

Lukaku Chant on 08:12 - Sep 20 by Dorse

24 inches? Sounds like he has two good feet.

its why Manure paid squillions for him - he can score with two feet.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Lukaku Chant on 10:01 - Sep 20 with 1894 viewsdaveB

Lukaku Chant on 23:16 - Sep 19 by Jigsore

in fairness iirc someone had posted (sfw) photo evidence of that

i don't know though, but it is a bit silly to be singing chants about your striker's dick though isn't it? sure it's all a bit of fun but if someone asks you to stop i'm not going to be outraged at it. the road to hell is pathed with good intentions etcetera, etcetera

was rather amused with some people piping up with 'but we sang about Park eating dogs!!!' yeah like that was tasteful

The song is stupid and not very funny but I think it's a bit of a stretch to call it racist and doesn't do Kick it out any favours going after something like this
Lukaku Chant on 10:27 - Sep 20 with 1864 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lukaku Chant on 10:01 - Sep 20 by daveB

The song is stupid and not very funny but I think it's a bit of a stretch to call it racist and doesn't do Kick it out any favours going after something like this

Hmm... I wouldn't totally agree. There's a good article by Marina Hyde about this. Basically, if you make an assumption about spmeone based on skin colour - positive or negative - it's racist. End of argument. The seriousness of it is irrelevant really. Yes, it's better than people throwing bananas at him, but is that really the point? Man Utd fans go barmy if you say they're all from Surrey, because that's a generalisation based on an entire fanbase. If Lukaku looked like Jamie Vardy, they wouldn't even consider chanting that song. It's also proven that people who generalise about race in a positive way ('aren't Asians good at maths?') also tend to have negative generalisations too. It's like all that nonsense years ago about Linford Christie's 'lunchbox' - it's 'banter' based on a racial stereotype. Can we just all leave that, pun intended, b0ll0cks behind?

I'm not really sure what you mean about it not doing Kick it Out any favours. Are you saying that if they go after less serious things (which this is compared with, say, John Terry's comments to Ferdinand), then people will take them less seriously and start to think being more racist is ok? That's a really weird thing, mate. Should they only be against racism which is *really* offensive, but stay quiet about racism which is supposed to be banterous, and I guess in some misguided way, complimentary? That's silly, mate, sorry.

Bare bones.

Lukaku Chant on 10:42 - Sep 20 with 1840 viewsfrancisbowles

Has anyone actually been offended by this?
Lukaku Chant on 12:08 - Sep 20 with 1778 viewsWokingR

Lukaku Chant on 10:27 - Sep 20 by Antti_Heinola

Hmm... I wouldn't totally agree. There's a good article by Marina Hyde about this. Basically, if you make an assumption about spmeone based on skin colour - positive or negative - it's racist. End of argument. The seriousness of it is irrelevant really. Yes, it's better than people throwing bananas at him, but is that really the point? Man Utd fans go barmy if you say they're all from Surrey, because that's a generalisation based on an entire fanbase. If Lukaku looked like Jamie Vardy, they wouldn't even consider chanting that song. It's also proven that people who generalise about race in a positive way ('aren't Asians good at maths?') also tend to have negative generalisations too. It's like all that nonsense years ago about Linford Christie's 'lunchbox' - it's 'banter' based on a racial stereotype. Can we just all leave that, pun intended, b0ll0cks behind?

I'm not really sure what you mean about it not doing Kick it Out any favours. Are you saying that if they go after less serious things (which this is compared with, say, John Terry's comments to Ferdinand), then people will take them less seriously and start to think being more racist is ok? That's a really weird thing, mate. Should they only be against racism which is *really* offensive, but stay quiet about racism which is supposed to be banterous, and I guess in some misguided way, complimentary? That's silly, mate, sorry.

For me the line depends on whether someone is actually offended and they then take action as a result or whether they are trying to be offended on behalf of someone who really couldn't give a toss.
If the latter, then there are plenty more cases they could be dealing with rather than wasting their time on this.
Login to get fewer ads

Lukaku Chant on 12:13 - Sep 20 with 1773 viewsRangersw12

Lukaku Chant on 10:42 - Sep 20 by francisbowles

Has anyone actually been offended by this?

Yeah middle class white women who write for the guardian
Lukaku Chant on 12:36 - Sep 20 with 1737 viewsFredManRave

Je suis Lukaku.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Lukaku Chant on 12:38 - Sep 20 with 1726 viewsDorse

It's the Trading Standards bloke with the tape measure I feel sorry for.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lukaku Chant on 12:51 - Sep 20 with 1701 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lukaku Chant on 12:08 - Sep 20 by WokingR

For me the line depends on whether someone is actually offended and they then take action as a result or whether they are trying to be offended on behalf of someone who really couldn't give a toss.
If the latter, then there are plenty more cases they could be dealing with rather than wasting their time on this.

I just think it's a little bit more complex and a wider point than 'whether someone is offended'. Someone somewhere will be offended by almost anything. And it's clearly not 'middle class white women who write for the Guardian' because all Hyde was doing was commenting on what Kick It Out have said - she didn't make a complaint, nor say she was offended. I'm also sure KIO are not focusing on this over and above anything else, nor is it stopping them from dealing with any other issues. I think the most surprising thing about all this is how many people seem so upset and offended that the issue has even been raised. If QPR fans were singing about the size of Ned's tackle, I'd be embarrassed by it. Would you go up to a large black gentleman and say, 'hi mate, you're black, you must have a massive cock'? No? Then why would is it acceptable to sing about it, or more importantly, unacceptable for the point to be raised that maybe it isn't acceptable?

Bare bones.

Lukaku Chant on 12:57 - Sep 20 with 1689 viewsdaveB

Lukaku Chant on 10:27 - Sep 20 by Antti_Heinola

People saying Linford Christie had a big cock wasn't based on the fact he was black, he wore skin tight lycra when he ran and clearly he had a massive cock. The same thing was not said about other black athletes because if they did have big ones it was less obvious.

If they sang this song or similar about every black player I could understand it a bit more but seems to me people are looking for things that are not really there.

What I mean about Kick It Out is that they are going public and demanding a ban over a song which compared to many other terrace songs I've heard is pretty mild. If they went as tough as this on every song that could be interpreted as racist again I'd understand a bit more but this all seems a bit pathetic to me and lessens the impact of when they have a genuine point to make.
Lukaku Chant on 12:59 - Sep 20 with 1690 viewsToast_R

Its totally racist. The whole black men have bigger penises false rumour was invented to stop interatial relationships developing in America, probably Uk and no doubt apartheid South Africa generations ago. Black men supposedly abnormal human beings that would hurt white women if they ever got into a sexcual relationship because of their abnormal sized manhoods.

When you unearth the facts, its a disgraceful thing to chant.
Lukaku Chant on 13:11 - Sep 20 with 1666 viewsLongsufferingR

Lukaku Chant on 12:36 - Sep 20 by FredManRave

Je suis Lukaku.

No need to boast.
Lukaku Chant on 13:18 - Sep 20 with 1653 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The problem with the term 'racist' is it's to all encompassing.

Lumping Nick Griffin and the singers of this chant together under the banner 'racist' clearly isn't fair.
Lukaku Chant on 13:26 - Sep 20 with 1637 viewsLunarJetman

Lukaku Chant on 13:18 - Sep 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Lumping Nick Griffin and the singers of this chant together under the banner 'racist' clearly isn't fair.

Not really. Either something is racist or it isn't.

Plus I don't agree with your comparison as well. It sounds too much like, "they can't be racist because they're not as bad as Nick Griffin" which is wrong...
Lukaku Chant on 13:28 - Sep 20 with 1631 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lukaku Chant on 12:57 - Sep 20 by daveB

People saying Linford Christie had a big cock wasn't based on the fact he was black, he wore skin tight lycra when he ran and clearly he had a massive cock. The same thing was not said about other black athletes because if they did have big ones it was less obvious.

If they sang this song or similar about every black player I could understand it a bit more but seems to me people are looking for things that are not really there.

What I mean about Kick It Out is that they are going public and demanding a ban over a song which compared to many other terrace songs I've heard is pretty mild. If they went as tough as this on every song that could be interpreted as racist again I'd understand a bit more but this all seems a bit pathetic to me and lessens the impact of when they have a genuine point to make.

We'll have to agree to disagree about Christie, sorry.

And you're really going too far with what Kick it Out have actually said:

Kick It Out said it was "aware of footage of alleged racist chanting by supporters of Manchester United that emerged on Wednesday 13 September", Lukaku having scored in the game against Basel in the Champions League the previous evening.

"We have contacted Manchester United regarding the issue and will be working closely with them and the Football Association to ensure that it is addressed swiftly," said a Kick It Out spokesperson.

It's no different to what a United blog has said even before this:

A United blog has already asked the club's fans to refrain from the song.

"It's a cheap and insulting stereotype that has no place in this day and age," United fan Scott Patterson wrote in a post on The Republik of Mancunia.

And it's no different to what anyone on here would say if something similar was being chanted.

'pathetic' 'a genuine point to make'? Have a word with yourself, Dave.

Bare bones.

Lukaku Chant on 13:29 - Sep 20 with 1628 viewsPunteR

Just another day on LFW talking about black mens cocks...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lukaku Chant on 13:30 - Sep 20 with 1627 viewsFDC

Lukaku Chant on 13:18 - Sep 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not really. Both are racist. But within 'racist' you have terrace songs that, unintentionally or not, do perpetuate racial stereotypes, even if with no intended malice (Lukaku song), and also horrible little Nazi dwarfs (Griffin).
Lukaku Chant on 13:32 - Sep 20 with 1614 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lukaku Chant on 13:26 - Sep 20 by LunarJetman

Not really. Either something is racist or it isn't.

Plus I don't agree with your comparison as well. It sounds too much like, "they can't be racist because they're not as bad as Nick Griffin" which is wrong...

I don't think its as black and white as that (no pun intended).

I'm not saying the chant isn't racist, and it certainly makes me feel uncomfortable, but I can't be sure that that racism is the motivation for singing it for everyone who did.

I can however be sure that racism is the motivation for say apartheid in South Africa, or the National Front.

Also I think you can be racist without malice if that make sense, which I think might be the case here.
Lukaku Chant on 13:37 - Sep 20 with 1606 viewspaulparker

I think its best the FA & Kick it out gives out song sheets before every game telling fans what they can sing or cant sing

No who's the barsteward in the black , just in case the ref had one parent

no "where's your caravan " to anyone with long hair ,

Does your missus know your here - as not to upset the likes of rooney who maybe getting a divorce

does your boyfriend know your here - may upset someone who has a boyfriend and has left them

no you fat barsteward - in case someone is heavy boned

I think we should all sing our clubs name followed by chants of ra ra ra ra

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lukaku Chant on 13:38 - Sep 20 with 1601 viewsPunteR

Lukaku Chant on 12:59 - Sep 20 by Toast_R

Its totally racist. The whole black men have bigger penises false rumour was invented to stop interatial relationships developing in America, probably Uk and no doubt apartheid South Africa generations ago. Black men supposedly abnormal human beings that would hurt white women if they ever got into a sexcual relationship because of their abnormal sized manhoods.

When you unearth the facts, its a disgraceful thing to chant.

Full Metal Jacket film 'luv you long time' scene would sort of back that up.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lukaku Chant on 13:38 - Sep 20 with 1600 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lukaku Chant on 13:37 - Sep 20 by paulparker

I think its best the FA & Kick it out gives out song sheets before every game telling fans what they can sing or cant sing

Does your missus know your here - as not to upset the likes of rooney who maybe getting a divorce

does your boyfriend know your here - may upset someone who has a boyfriend and has left them

Don't sing Ra Ra Ra as that's an insult to Irish Unionists : )
Lukaku Chant on 14:02 - Sep 20 with 1565 viewsLunarJetman

Lukaku Chant on 13:37 - Sep 20 by paulparker

I know you're "being funny" but in this day and age it shouldn't have to be spelt out to people what is or isn't acceptable in society.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024