Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R's v Burton Match Thread 12:04 - Sep 23 with 11385 viewsDieByYourSide

It's here, it's matchday. The day when the match takes place. It's QPR, it's Burton they're meeting today in a fixture already being described as Queens Park Rangers vs Burton Albion. It'll be a challenging one and think we might well have to score three to win, although we should hopefully be capable of doing that.

#BareBonesXI

Smithies
Furlong Baptiste Robinson Bidwell
Scowen Freeman Manning
Wszolek Smith LuaLua

COYRS

Poll: And it's hi ho

R's v Burton Match Thread on 16:56 - Sep 23 with 1736 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Defenders did well, admittedly against poor forwards.
Scowen easily man of the match but the other midfielders lacked poise.
All four forwards were easily marked.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

R's v Burton Match Thread on 16:56 - Sep 23 with 1734 viewsNov77

Still yet to beat the mighty burton after four attempts. Bit embarrassing really.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

R's v Burton Match Thread on 17:07 - Sep 23 with 1595 viewsderbyhoop

63% possession
13 attempts, 4 on target

They had 1 attempt on target.

I feel that we are only a clinical striker away from being a very competitive side in this division. But Washington, Smith, Sylla are not enough I'm afraid to say.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

R's v Burton Match Thread on 17:12 - Sep 23 with 1562 viewsjohncharles

R's v Burton Match Thread on 17:07 - Sep 23 by derbyhoop

63% possession
13 attempts, 4 on target

They had 1 attempt on target.

I feel that we are only a clinical striker away from being a very competitive side in this division. But Washington, Smith, Sylla are not enough I'm afraid to say.

Seems there was more action in Brian's kitchen than at Loftus Road

Strong and stable my arse.

R's v Burton Match Thread on 17:27 - Sep 23 with 1471 viewsHunterhoop

R's v Burton Match Thread on 16:50 - Sep 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Genuine question - what would you have done differently?

Set up in a genuine 433 or 352.

If the former play Manning with Scowen and Freeman. Then play Wszolek and Mackie/Wash either side of Smith or Sylla.

If the latter, play Furlong at centre half, Wszolek at wing back, Manning in the middle with Scowen and Freeman, and then Smith or Sylla with Washington.
R's v Burton Match Thread on 17:31 - Sep 23 with 1458 viewsBrianMcCarthy

R's v Burton Match Thread on 17:27 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

Set up in a genuine 433 or 352.

If the former play Manning with Scowen and Freeman. Then play Wszolek and Mackie/Wash either side of Smith or Sylla.

If the latter, play Furlong at centre half, Wszolek at wing back, Manning in the middle with Scowen and Freeman, and then Smith or Sylla with Washington.

Food for thought. Thanks Hunter.

I think the main query I have is Manning's omission for Yeni. I like Manning but I'm not convinced that he would have brought the control we needed today against an extremely defensive opposition. Then again, neither did Yeni.

I'm undecided. Which is why I asked.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

R's v Burton Match Thread on 17:36 - Sep 23 with 1436 viewstraininvain

Need to find a way to get Sylla starting & scoring.

Mackie adds very little in terms of a goal scoring threat & Washington likewise.
R's v Burton Match Thread on 17:46 - Sep 23 with 1396 viewsHunterhoop

R's v Burton Match Thread on 17:31 - Sep 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Food for thought. Thanks Hunter.

I think the main query I have is Manning's omission for Yeni. I like Manning but I'm not convinced that he would have brought the control we needed today against an extremely defensive opposition. Then again, neither did Yeni.

I'm undecided. Which is why I asked.

It's the shape (or lack of) rather than personnel which is the issue, Bri.
Login to get fewer ads

R's v Burton Match Thread on 18:02 - Sep 23 with 1330 viewsactonman

For a game where smithies was pretty much a spectator and it was more or less attack v defence , we were for the want of a better phrase .. a waste of time !
If we spent the game peppering their goal and making them defend for their lives I would be disappointed but to have only a couple of half chances with no idea other than lump a few balls in the box hoping for the best is a bit sh!t tbh !!
Played half arsed 1st half then kept trying the same thing over and over against a team happy to sit back and defend in the 2nd was lazy pointless football.
R's v Burton Match Thread on 18:14 - Sep 23 with 1301 viewsSteveB

Now, here's the thing - as an ex-pat, I really do not feel best placed to criticise the team, Manager or Owners. I pay my 5 quid and watch the online spoils when I am able to.

That's just it, I pay 5 British Pounds to watch the game from the desert oasis of Dubai, and today that money was well spent - less than a pint at least. But, I really do feel sorry for those who pay a bloody lot more than a deep sea diver to actually attend to witness that turgidness (if that's even a word) let alone travel and F&B costs.....

It wasn't pleasant viewing, I'd say it was effin awful, but I have seen worse. My cap is doff'd to all you poor souls in attendance today mind...
R's v Burton Match Thread on 18:28 - Sep 23 with 1256 viewsactonman

R's v Burton Match Thread on 18:14 - Sep 23 by SteveB

Now, here's the thing - as an ex-pat, I really do not feel best placed to criticise the team, Manager or Owners. I pay my 5 quid and watch the online spoils when I am able to.

That's just it, I pay 5 British Pounds to watch the game from the desert oasis of Dubai, and today that money was well spent - less than a pint at least. But, I really do feel sorry for those who pay a bloody lot more than a deep sea diver to actually attend to witness that turgidness (if that's even a word) let alone travel and F&B costs.....

It wasn't pleasant viewing, I'd say it was effin awful, but I have seen worse. My cap is doff'd to all you poor souls in attendance today mind...

That's just it Steve , I wasn't expecting Barcelona esk football nor do I think we have the given right just to turn up a take 3 points because it's burton but when you make more effort to go for a p!ss at half time than it looks like we made to prepare for this game it fcuk a me right off
R's v Burton Match Thread on 18:36 - Sep 23 with 1235 viewsEsox_Lucius

Once the defender made a brilliant save from Baptiste I realised it would end 0-0 We did better than we did last season against them so I'll take that away from todays game. The only person who had a worse game than Conor was the ref. A comlete spunktrumpet.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 9:10]

The grass is always greener.

R's v Burton Match Thread on 19:14 - Sep 23 with 1158 viewsoldmisery

That was one of the most abysmal games I have seen for a long while. With the obvious exception of Scowen and to a lesser extent Freeman, both teams were devoid of the skill, ability and desire needed to win the match.

I thought that Burton were the better side in the first 20-25 minutes but perhaps that was down to both our lack of established central defenders and Holloway's bizarre team selection. The decision to replace the poorly (?) Luongo with Ngbakoto was astonishing. Surely you go like for like and bring in Manning don't you? Yeni was frankly clueless and the game appeared to pass him by. When his continued ineptitude angered many in the paddocks, our Manager had a two minute rant at the supporters for not supporting him. Then ten minutes later he withdrew him, together with Furlong, who was also not at the races today.

The second half was mostly all Rangers but frankly we never really looked like scoring. This does seem to be down to a lack of quality. Mackie and Washington work hard at chasing and harrying but neither will score more than 7-8 goals per season. Smith looks at least a stone overweight and is in danger of becoming almost completely immobile and Sylla (probably the best natural finisher at the club) clearly doesn't do enough off the ball for Holloway's liking. I'm not sure what the answer is but don't think we have anyone in the Under 23's who would be able to make the step up and solve this problem.
R's v Burton Match Thread on 19:43 - Sep 24 with 924 viewsDorse

Just woken up in hospital after falling into a coma induced by the match. My relatives tell me that I was lucky to have only been exposed to the text commentary and highlights. Many of those who attended may not make it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

R's v Burton Match Thread on 09:04 - Sep 25 with 811 viewskingsburyR

Am I allowed to dig out Mackie on this website?

I still don't get his selection. Yes he tries but is devoid of technical ability.

And was our polish lad told over the summer he's not allowed to beat his man anymore?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024