Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On way back 16:58 - Sep 23 with 6751 viewsBakes

What the f*** was that?! Team totally ruined. Why 5 changes? Luongo was ill and he’s vital for us but that was a bag of sh1t. I know Burton will frustrste a lot of teams this season but we have to go all out to beat teams like that. Roll on Fulham on Friday.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

On way back on 08:00 - Sep 24 with 1428 viewsMelakaRanger

On way back on 17:10 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

Holloway really dropped the ball today. No shape at all in either half. Players didn't look like they knew what to do or how we were meant to be playing.

That's how I saw it. No one seemed to know what the game plan was, no one seemed to 'want' the ball. We seemed like a bunch of pub players playing against a League 2 team.

And when we got near their box, no one was there or we passed the ball backwards. I made it 35 mins before the first real excitement and then 65 mins before the next! The team seemed clueless and far too casual.

In the first half we got a corner, our player casually walked to the flag to take the kick. Behind him the Burton Goalie was near the penalty spot remonstrating with his players. We had just 2 players in the box! Our players were switched off just like Burton were. Had we been switched on, we could have taken a quick corner into an almost empty goal.

In the 2nd half we had a free kick just inside their half, Robinson trotted up to kick it and rather than pump it up he casually and gently flicked it sideways to a player 5 yards away, walking away from Robinson and who didn't expect the ball. Careless!

And the times we got a throw in. Our player slowly walked up to to pick the ball (even when close to our penalty area), then waited a while to decide where to throw the ball as no one on our team seemed to want the ball. In those seconds from having the opportunity to throw to another QPR player unhindered, we allowed Burton to recover and in so doing often actually get the ball from us without any real trouble.

It wasn't like Burton were a good team but with the crosses they put into our box - that were being missed by our (awful) defence - a better team would have been 2 or 3 up by half time.

I thought that almost to a man we woefully underperformed. I know we have injuries, I know this was not a full 'first team' but the team (from manager down) seemed totally overwhelmed by the occasion.

Fernandez tweeting from the USA said that the team had shown 'some fight'. I saw no fight whatsoever.

Many say Burton are a League 2 outfit lucky to be surviving in the Championship. Yes Burton looked like a low league professional team but compared to them we looked like an bunch of amateurs.
On way back on 08:41 - Sep 24 with 1380 viewsdaveB

I thought the big mistake was leaving out Manning for Yenni, that messed the midfield shape around and we never really corrected that. We ended the match with tons of forwards on but no one to create anything
On way back on 09:17 - Sep 24 with 1324 viewsfrancisbowles

It was pretty much what I expected to see. Burton a really well organised side, punching above their weight but having a bit of confidence and good team spirit with us struggling to break them down.

We had a number of early chances with mainly Washington failing to take them. One of those goes in and game opens up. That's pretty much what I hoped would happen.

Two points dropped at home, we regroup and go up North on a Tuesday night.
On way back on 10:01 - Sep 24 with 1256 viewsBlue_Castello

On way back on 09:17 - Sep 24 by francisbowles

It was pretty much what I expected to see. Burton a really well organised side, punching above their weight but having a bit of confidence and good team spirit with us struggling to break them down.

We had a number of early chances with mainly Washington failing to take them. One of those goes in and game opens up. That's pretty much what I hoped would happen.

Two points dropped at home, we regroup and go up North on a Tuesday night.

Agreed it's all about expectations and for some reason even though we don't have one of the better squads in the division some people expected us to easily beat Burton. There's no disputing the football was uninspiring for huge chunks of the game BUT it was still better than some of the dross I watched under JFH.
Burton came for the draw, worked really hard all game and got their point, we just couldn't break down their 5-4-1 defensive set up, but look at their other results they beat Fulham 2-1 and went to Norwich getting a 0-0 draw, that's a lot better than we achieved. Clough has Burton very organised, they know how to defend and stick the boot in when needed, yesterday's referee was very generous to some of their challenges.

Somebody said nobody from our team had a good game, that's negativity in the extreme, Scowen worked his socks off as usual, Freeman was also trying hard in midfield and our makeshift second string defence did a reasonable job, they all worked hard.

No it wasn't a good game and it's easy to pick holes in the performance but we can't expect to beat Burton just because there a smaller club punching above their weight, they came with a plan defended well and we couldn't break them down.
On way back on 10:07 - Sep 24 with 1246 viewsfrancisbowles

On way back on 10:01 - Sep 24 by Blue_Castello

Agreed it's all about expectations and for some reason even though we don't have one of the better squads in the division some people expected us to easily beat Burton. There's no disputing the football was uninspiring for huge chunks of the game BUT it was still better than some of the dross I watched under JFH.
Burton came for the draw, worked really hard all game and got their point, we just couldn't break down their 5-4-1 defensive set up, but look at their other results they beat Fulham 2-1 and went to Norwich getting a 0-0 draw, that's a lot better than we achieved. Clough has Burton very organised, they know how to defend and stick the boot in when needed, yesterday's referee was very generous to some of their challenges.

Somebody said nobody from our team had a good game, that's negativity in the extreme, Scowen worked his socks off as usual, Freeman was also trying hard in midfield and our makeshift second string defence did a reasonable job, they all worked hard.

No it wasn't a good game and it's easy to pick holes in the performance but we can't expect to beat Burton just because there a smaller club punching above their weight, they came with a plan defended well and we couldn't break them down.

Agreed and not knocking Clough or Burton who I have nothing but admiration for BUT their style and low away following does nothing for the atmosphere or spectacle on the day.

The club need to have a bit of a think about how we can get some going next time we play them.
On way back on 10:26 - Sep 24 with 1214 viewsenfieldargh

THe atmosphere was flat before the game, always is against this type of opposition.

Listen to the pitch announcer(forgot his name) even his QUEENS PARK RANGERS i noticed lacked the little bit of bite he normally packs into his words.

So yes, I blame the pitch announcer and Olly for playing Yenni yet again to no impact at all.

Two other players who didnt give us their usual high performances.

Pavel, 3 or 4 awful crosses into the box when they are normally perfection.

Luke Freeman looked off his stride a bit, really miss Luongo but then he too may have fallen below the standards they have all set

Scowen MoM

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

On way back on 11:11 - Sep 24 with 1170 viewsBushRanger82

There will be plenty more times of head scratching by supporters, before Holloway's stint is over.
That's a definite.
On way back on 11:34 - Sep 24 with 1133 viewsessextaxiboy

On way back on 11:11 - Sep 24 by BushRanger82

There will be plenty more times of head scratching by supporters, before Holloway's stint is over.
That's a definite.

Mostly by people who dont attend training , dont know the facts behind the team selection and why players are absent but still think they know better and as I have posted before , some of our own "fans" want him to fail ...
Login to get fewer ads

On way back on 11:47 - Sep 24 with 1112 viewsTacticalR

I agree with Blue_Costello that we should not underestimate Burton.

We didn't win because:

1. Burton were better than expected and put us on the back foot in the first half.
2. Our midfield didn't link very well with the forwards. Normally we have both Freeman and Luongo threading balls through to the forwards (we have to do that because long balls to Washington aren't going to work). N'Gbakoto is no playmaker and wasn't able to do what Freeman and Luongo normally do.
3. In the second half Burton sat back to deal with our extra forwards and we couldn't break them down.

Air hostess clique

On way back on 11:51 - Sep 24 with 1103 viewsQPR_John

On way back on 11:34 - Sep 24 by essextaxiboy

Mostly by people who dont attend training , dont know the facts behind the team selection and why players are absent but still think they know better and as I have posted before , some of our own "fans" want him to fail ...

Don't think any fan wants him to fail if only because his failing means the team fail. If it were the case you needed to attend training and have behind the scenes knowledge then none of us could criticise and would have to accept whatever was put in front of us. If the plan was for high balls to Mackey and Washington then clearly it was odd to start of with. If it was for through balls to feet then clearly that was not working and nothing was done to change it in the first half. I admit I did not want Holloway from the start but I cannot see us going anywhere with him in charge and just to make it clear I hope I am wrong.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2017 13:06]
On way back on 12:16 - Sep 24 with 1064 viewsparker64

Burton have some experienced professionals in their side. They could have nicked it - hit the post and a great cross in the first half that just needed someone to gamble.

Holloway explained the Yeni picking in his interview. Still an odd decision.

The game actually managed to be worse than the away game last season.
On way back on 14:06 - Sep 24 with 952 viewsBushRanger82

On way back on 11:34 - Sep 24 by essextaxiboy

No.
It Will be by people mostly having to try and figure out what the hell has been put in front of them.

I don't want Holloway to fail, I want him to succeed. Just don't see him being able to.

Don't think Brentford will be quaking in their boots at the thought of playing us in the league right now, do you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024