Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ALIEN - Covenant 21:58 - Sep 24 with 2881 viewsPunteR

Spoiler..
Just watch Alien and Aliens instead and pretend all the other films never happened.
So basically Weyland industry made the aliens from magical black stuff (not Guinness)...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

ALIEN - Covenant on 22:34 - Sep 24 with 2839 viewsBluce_Ree

Aye, Covenant is straight dogshit.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

ALIEN - Covenant on 22:54 - Sep 24 with 2820 viewsbosh67

Small creature is hunted down by humans. Gets bigger. Fights back. Almost wins.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

ALIEN - Covenant on 22:58 - Sep 24 with 2812 viewsDorse

I'm a big fan of the Alien films. Sadly, Prometheus and Covenant knackered it. Read the comics - much better, especially Aliens Labyrinth. The comics pick up after Aliens and basically pretend that Alien 3 nev happened

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

ALIEN - Covenant on 23:10 - Sep 24 with 2794 viewsPunteR

ALIEN - Covenant on 22:58 - Sep 24 by Dorse

I'm a big fan of the Alien films. Sadly, Prometheus and Covenant knackered it. Read the comics - much better, especially Aliens Labyrinth. The comics pick up after Aliens and basically pretend that Alien 3 nev happened

Yeh Ridley Scott got too philosophical with it all. Should have just kept it as big bugs in space.
Neill Blomkamp's film probably would have been better but that looks like its been shelved.

ALIEN - Covenant on 23:28 - Sep 24 with 2774 viewslave16

ALIEN - Covenant on 22:34 - Sep 24 by Bluce_Ree

Aye, Covenant is straight dogshit.

+ 1 - biggest anti climax since wilkins said we had just signed the devine ponytail

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

ALIEN - Covenant on 00:04 - Sep 25 with 2740 viewsJigsore

Pointless. I'll be properly p*ssed off if he offs it now and this is the last true Aliens movie we get because it was rubbish.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

ALIEN - Covenant on 00:53 - Sep 25 with 2724 viewsBoston

Let's pretend I'm made from Guinness..

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

ALIEN - Covenant on 07:41 - Sep 25 with 2633 viewsPunteR

ALIEN - Covenant on 00:53 - Sep 25 by Boston

Let's pretend I'm made from Guinness..

Login to get fewer ads

ALIEN - Covenant on 09:34 - Sep 25 with 2576 viewsRs_Holy

ALIEN - Covenant on 22:58 - Sep 24 by Dorse

I'm with PunteR on this one as I thought Alien3 was disappointing... the first 5 minutes completely ruins the previous movie.
ALIEN - Covenant on 09:49 - Sep 25 with 2566 viewsDorse

i could understand the leap made in Alien 3 with the dog-burster (even though in the Director's cut it was an oxen). It was something pondered in the comics calling it the DNA reflex wherein the Alien takes on minor characteristics of the host. In and of itself, ALien 3 wasn't all that bad a movie - it was just unlucky to have followed two of the most iconic SF movies of all time.

Alien Resurrection was pretty good (underwater Alien sequence was brilliant and the interplay between the characters made for a fun story) but the whole 'birthing' scene with the 'Newborn' was so bad that I, along with loads of others in the cinema, actually burst out laughing. The rest of the movie was utter, utter dreck and should not be viewed by humans.

As for Prometheus? I liked the concept, was cheesed off with the quantum leap in tech that paid no attention whatsoever to the gritty style of the original (set several years afterward) and the whole film left me feeling somehow violated. Fassbender's character David was good, certainly more sinister than the fcuking Engineers, a concept that massively screwed up the idea of the Navigator in the original. The whole genetic mutation crap was so badly done that I wanted to put my boot through the TV and send Ridley Scott the bill. Frankly, Barry Scott off the Cilit Bang ads might have done better. I really wanted to like Prometheus: sod inventing the Engineers, sod the mutations (or pathogen) and sod trying to better Giger's original design.* Just show us where the Navigator came from, drop some more hapless bastards into the maelstrom and see what happens!! AAAAAAAAARGH!

The whole concept needs to be a combination of corporate greed, military overconfidence, confined spaces and a relentless enemy that will punish any and all of the above. How hard is it? What do you want, a love interest?! 'That awful face-hugger only wanted me for one thing. Hold me, hold me darling.... I ... don't ... feel.... so...' (Blooooargh!) Do me a favour.

Cunce. The lot of em.

* Don't even get me started on the AVP Predaliens.

ALIEN - Covenant on 10:36 - Sep 25 with 2532 viewsToast_R

Time to leave the thing alone me thinks. Same old thing, Alien creeps up and kills unsuspecting crew one by one. The crews Android thingy goes bad…

Just seen that Terminator whatever number or quirky name it’s given, is also going to be happening again this time bringing back the real Linda Hamilton. That’s knackered so is Predator which is also meant to be happening again. Same old sh*t with improved CGI.
Don’t get me wrong I enjoy Sci-Fi but surely if you’re going to revive something or follow up on something good, put a bit of thought in to it!

I am looking forward to this Darkest Hour movie with Gary Oldman. Might even bother to go see it.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2017 10:38]
ALIEN - Covenant on 10:57 - Sep 25 with 2512 viewsade_qpr

ALIEN - Covenant on 09:49 - Sep 25 by Dorse

i could understand the leap made in Alien 3 with the dog-burster (even though in the Director's cut it was an oxen). It was something pondered in the comics calling it the DNA reflex wherein the Alien takes on minor characteristics of the host. In and of itself, ALien 3 wasn't all that bad a movie - it was just unlucky to have followed two of the most iconic SF movies of all time.

Alien Resurrection was pretty good (underwater Alien sequence was brilliant and the interplay between the characters made for a fun story) but the whole 'birthing' scene with the 'Newborn' was so bad that I, along with loads of others in the cinema, actually burst out laughing. The rest of the movie was utter, utter dreck and should not be viewed by humans.

As for Prometheus? I liked the concept, was cheesed off with the quantum leap in tech that paid no attention whatsoever to the gritty style of the original (set several years afterward) and the whole film left me feeling somehow violated. Fassbender's character David was good, certainly more sinister than the fcuking Engineers, a concept that massively screwed up the idea of the Navigator in the original. The whole genetic mutation crap was so badly done that I wanted to put my boot through the TV and send Ridley Scott the bill. Frankly, Barry Scott off the Cilit Bang ads might have done better. I really wanted to like Prometheus: sod inventing the Engineers, sod the mutations (or pathogen) and sod trying to better Giger's original design.* Just show us where the Navigator came from, drop some more hapless bastards into the maelstrom and see what happens!! AAAAAAAAARGH!

The whole concept needs to be a combination of corporate greed, military overconfidence, confined spaces and a relentless enemy that will punish any and all of the above. How hard is it? What do you want, a love interest?! 'That awful face-hugger only wanted me for one thing. Hold me, hold me darling.... I ... don't ... feel.... so...' (Blooooargh!) Do me a favour.

Cunce. The lot of em.

* Don't even get me started on the AVP Predaliens.

Well said Dorse bar the Alien 3 sorry I didn't rate it and killing off 2 of the lead characters from the previous movie from the start didn't help.

As for the first 2 movies when ever I try to come up with my best 10 movies of all time it's always 11 as I won't separate them both brilliant.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

ALIEN - Covenant on 12:00 - Sep 25 with 2413 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

I quite like Alien 3, which went back to the original concept of the first one - one menacing threat locked in a confined space hunting people down one by one. Its biggest problem was following on from the hugely popular Aliens. With a blockbuster action movie like that it's hard to go back to a more leisurely paced film and expect everyone to accept it. Resurrection, however, was just cack.

All the Alien films post Alien 3, and I include the AVP abominations in that, suffer from the combination of a desire to explain where they came from and/or bringing them closer to earth. Just leave the story out in space where it belongs and stop trying to explain their origin - why can't they just be shrouded in mystery without some bullsht backstory of how they were created. Scott's made 2 films trying to do so, and while they are beautiful to look at, we're still scratching our heads. Still gutted Blomkamp's project is now a no go.
ALIEN - Covenant on 13:27 - Sep 25 with 2374 viewsPunteR

ALIEN - Covenant on 12:00 - Sep 25 by Orthodox_Hoop

I quite like Alien 3, which went back to the original concept of the first one - one menacing threat locked in a confined space hunting people down one by one. Its biggest problem was following on from the hugely popular Aliens. With a blockbuster action movie like that it's hard to go back to a more leisurely paced film and expect everyone to accept it. Resurrection, however, was just cack.

All the Alien films post Alien 3, and I include the AVP abominations in that, suffer from the combination of a desire to explain where they came from and/or bringing them closer to earth. Just leave the story out in space where it belongs and stop trying to explain their origin - why can't they just be shrouded in mystery without some bullsht backstory of how they were created. Scott's made 2 films trying to do so, and while they are beautiful to look at, we're still scratching our heads. Still gutted Blomkamp's project is now a no go.

Agree.
I think its reasonable that out there in unexplored space there could be creatures with acid for blood. No need to make up some mythology about creation.

ALIEN - Covenant on 13:47 - Sep 25 with 2356 viewsDorse

ALIEN - Covenant on 13:27 - Sep 25 by PunteR

Agree.
I think its reasonable that out there in unexplored space there could be creatures with acid for blood. No need to make up some mythology about creation.

Acid blood? You should see the state of their urinals.

ALIEN - Covenant on 15:33 - Sep 25 with 2302 viewsBasingstokeR

Whilst it wasn't great - I thought Covenant was slightly better than Prometheus which I found almost offensively bad for what was a very hyped new Ridley Scott film at the time.

Covenant I had a hard time taking seriously after this scene made the entire cinema laugh...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024