Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Threatening referees 12:43 - Oct 15 with 9998 viewsDarran

Just bumped into a mate down the boot said and he reckons there was quite a nasty incident up Penlan football pitches yesterday morning where a 16 year old referee was threatened by a group of parents,anyone hear about it?

Absolutely disgusting if true.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Threatening referees on 09:55 - Dec 3 with 1887 viewsKilkennyjack

Threatening referees on 16:18 - Oct 15 by CountyJim

Also when I was a kid playing if you spoke out of turn to the Ref our manager would take you off even if he had to play with ten men perhaps coaches these days could take that on

But I wont hold my breath

Totally agree.

The managers are in a unique position to show both the players and the parents that the right behaviour is to the support the referee. Without a referee there is no game.
Accept a referee makes mistakes just like players.

The Premier league players crowding the referee is a big part of it and we should copy the egg and walk the free kick forward 10 yards if people show dissent to the decision made.

To all the people on this thread supporting grass roots football - thanks for all the time and effort you put in week after week because you love our game. 👏👏👏 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 9:56]

Beware of the Risen People

Threatening referees on 10:02 - Dec 3 with 1865 viewsJackfath

Threatening referees on 09:55 - Dec 3 by Kilkennyjack

Totally agree.

The managers are in a unique position to show both the players and the parents that the right behaviour is to the support the referee. Without a referee there is no game.
Accept a referee makes mistakes just like players.

The Premier league players crowding the referee is a big part of it and we should copy the egg and walk the free kick forward 10 yards if people show dissent to the decision made.

To all the people on this thread supporting grass roots football - thanks for all the time and effort you put in week after week because you love our game. 👏👏👏 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 9:56]

Agreed.

However Jim has suggested in this thread that as a ref it's ok to call a player "a plank" yet doesn't want any repercussions from players/supporters. The only time I could see this is being acceptable is if the ref was familiar with the player on a personal note and he/she knew that the parents/player wouldn't be offended.

My advice would always be to make sure the utmost respect is shown to players at all times.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Threatening referees on 10:13 - Dec 3 with 1851 viewsMrSwerve

So what happened in the game in Darran's OP in the end then?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Threatening referees on 10:18 - Dec 3 with 1836 viewswhoflungdung

Thread derailed then

Ironic

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Threatening referees on 10:28 - Dec 3 with 1828 viewsharryhpalmer

Threatening referees on 19:31 - Dec 2 by Jackfath

Nothing to do with being precious. Basic manners I would have thought.

It depends on the tone of voice, but if a kid is walking the line of being sent off, exactly what should he say to the player?

I don't see what is offensive in that.

He didn't call a plank. he said don't be a plank!

To me that is quite lighthearted way of diffusing the situation than being some officious robot with a whistle.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Threatening referees on 10:32 - Dec 3 with 1823 viewsJackfath

Threatening referees on 10:28 - Dec 3 by harryhpalmer

It depends on the tone of voice, but if a kid is walking the line of being sent off, exactly what should he say to the player?

I don't see what is offensive in that.

He didn't call a plank. he said don't be a plank!

To me that is quite lighthearted way of diffusing the situation than being some officious robot with a whistle.

Obviously there is a context to every situation, however if you call people derogatory names then one cannot complain if somebody challenges the outburst. Surely there needs to also be a realisation about who is the adult and who is the youngster, too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Threatening referees on 19:00 - Dec 3 with 1704 viewsCountyJim

Threatening referees on 10:32 - Dec 3 by Jackfath

Obviously there is a context to every situation, however if you call people derogatory names then one cannot complain if somebody challenges the outburst. Surely there needs to also be a realisation about who is the adult and who is the youngster, too.

You've obviously not played football at any serious level Players appreciate a Ref that issues a bolloxing rather than just dish out cards all day
Threatening referees on 19:07 - Dec 3 with 1687 viewsMrSwerve

Threatening referees on 10:13 - Dec 3 by MrSwerve

So what happened in the game in Darran's OP in the end then?

No answers but the usual bollox then. Typical PS.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Threatening referees on 19:07 - Dec 3 with 1687 viewsJackfath

Threatening referees on 19:00 - Dec 3 by CountyJim

You've obviously not played football at any serious level Players appreciate a Ref that issues a bolloxing rather than just dish out cards all day

Two different issues.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024