Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wide Open Championship. 08:52 - Nov 1 with 3617 viewsBostonR

It seems a wide-open division this season given we have just beaten two so called "high-flying" sides. Wolves and Sheff Utd were pretty ordinary against our high energy pressing game. Other fancied sides are struggling such as Fulham and sides such as Bristol City and Cardiff are on decent runs.
Difficult to predict where it might end up as there are no sides like Newcastle or Brighton in in this season. With some vert decent players out at the moment I have to eat humble pie and say how well IH has done - we are starting to look hard to beat. Would be very happy with mid-table consolidation, but with players returning and maybe one or two additional players at Xmas is a play-off place starting to look realistic?
Wide Open Championship. on 09:15 - Nov 1 with 3534 viewsswitchingcode

Definately is wide open,I’ve seen all our games so far and apart from wolves who we drew with not that impressed with any.The change might come in January when the big clubs like Villa Middlesbrough Wolves and a few others throw loads of money in the transfer window to get over the line.Apart from Bolton and Burton top 6 is possible for all of the rest including our clubs.
Wide Open Championship. on 09:23 - Nov 1 with 3512 views2Thomas2Bowles

Welcome aboard the Olly rollercoaster

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wide Open Championship. on 09:30 - Nov 1 with 3490 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Imagine if we'd put one of our 10,000 chances away against Leeds, Burton, Barnsley, and Millwal.
Wide Open Championship. on 09:36 - Nov 1 with 3475 viewspaulparker

Wide Open Championship. on 09:30 - Nov 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Imagine if we'd put one of our 10,000 chances away against Leeds, Burton, Barnsley, and Millwal.

imagine if we had a settled back four /three as well

anyway its what QPR do beat the teams at the top and lose to the ones at the bottom
id still take avoiding relegation the next 2 years and continue building , if we are sort of safe by xmas then a strong team in the cup and any cup run wouldn't go a miss

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wide Open Championship. on 09:52 - Nov 1 with 3434 viewsBlackCrowe

It's an incredible league really. Winning is key. Blades have now lost 5 games to our 4 this season and yet are 9 points ahead of us.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Wide Open Championship. on 10:01 - Nov 1 with 3408 viewsstonebridgers

Who is going to tell him/her we haven’t played Leeds so it doesn’t matter.

Stonebridgers

Wide Open Championship. on 10:05 - Nov 1 with 3396 viewsHooparoo

I may be a bit biased (I was a CM) but to me, games are always won or lost in the midfield. We are lucky enough to have the best midfield in the league and a great platform to keep going forward.

On a patriotic note, I’m really pleased that Mass has become the player we all thought he should be and I can see him being a future skipper of the national side too. If he does well at the World Cup (assuming we qualify) we are going to be hard pressed to hang on to him.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Wide Open Championship. on 10:07 - Nov 1 with 3391 viewskingsburyR

Fully agree.

Reckon we could finish anywhere between 4th and 18th.

No stand out team. No consistency. And all can beat each other.

Reckon Villa will win it!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Wide Open Championship. on 11:38 - Nov 1 with 3307 viewsoldmisery

Wide Open Championship. on 10:01 - Nov 1 by stonebridgers

Who is going to tell him/her we haven’t played Leeds so it doesn’t matter.

Even worse, look at the spelling of the evil south London club!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wide Open Championship. on 11:42 - Nov 1 with 3298 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wide Open Championship. on 09:23 - Nov 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Welcome aboard the Olly rollercoaster

*Olliecoaster.

Bare bones.

Wide Open Championship. on 12:26 - Nov 1 with 3201 viewsdaveB

We could finish anywhere this season even at this stage would anyone be shocked if we made the playoffs or finished in the bottom 3. It's a brilliant league.

I still expect us to finish between 10-16th which I think would be a good season
Wide Open Championship. on 13:03 - Nov 1 with 3082 viewsDorse

Some days I think we're nailed on for the Play Offs; other days, I'm just happy the kit has proper hoops. Either way, I'm enjoying this season more than I have since Warnock's eyebrows went missing.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wide Open Championship. on 13:03 - Nov 1 with 3082 viewsTacticalR

I am not sure if anyone can beat anyone.

In fact it looks as though Sunderland and Bolton can't beat anyone.

One thing we have seen in recent seasons is the 'nosebleed phenomenon' where whoever goes top immediately gets beaten. This afflicted Brighton and Newcastle last season (e.g. Blackburn beat Newcastle in January 2017), i.e. there are still promotion and relegation teams, but you do get blips because the promotion and relegation teams are not completely out of sight of everyone else.

We need to see what happens in the next few weeks to put our last two results in context. Wolves had won three in a row in the Championship, and beat Norwich away last night. They are the bonus game kings.

To begin to put the Sheffield United result in context, Northernr made this point in his match preview yesterday:

'Since taking over at Bramall Lane at the start of last season Chris Wilder has won 40 and drawn ten of his 60 matches in charge — only Antonio Conte and Mauricio Pochettino have a better record in this country over the same period of time.'

Air hostess clique

Wide Open Championship. on 13:15 - Nov 1 with 3045 viewsthemodfather

i'm pleased to see signs of progress, despite injuries...2 massive wins will get the belief going. one team always makes a late charge, maybe it could be us?
Wide Open Championship. on 13:21 - Nov 1 with 3021 viewsBluce_Ree

Wide Open Championship. on 13:15 - Nov 1 by themodfather

i'm pleased to see signs of progress, despite injuries...2 massive wins will get the belief going. one team always makes a late charge, maybe it could be us?

Bit early for a late charge I'd say. If we can just stay away from the relegation battle I'll be happy. Although if we did somehow fluke a promotion and could pay off that FFP bill in one fell swoop, that'd be literal LOLs.

We're only 2 points off of 6th? Blimey. I've not actually looked at the table this season until just now. Blimus!

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Wide Open Championship. on 14:31 - Nov 1 with 2932 viewsWokingR

Wide Open Championship. on 09:36 - Nov 1 by paulparker

imagine if we had a settled back four /three as well

anyway its what QPR do beat the teams at the top and lose to the ones at the bottom
id still take avoiding relegation the next 2 years and continue building , if we are sort of safe by xmas then a strong team in the cup and any cup run wouldn't go a miss

"Any cup run"

Bit early in the day to be this pissed isn't it ?
Wide Open Championship. on 14:47 - Nov 1 with 2897 viewsquickpassrotter

It's a long hard, gritty, enduring season as we all know.
For all clubs - big wins and poor loses along the way. Always hard to maintain consistency - and then you can throw in the inevitable injuries and suspensions, again for all clubs.

Best to look at the league around March to see where we all stand.

Happy to take 10th, maybe 8th as we continue to build. Just love the way we are playing and our entire attitude ...but you never know, and it will be fun if we are in the mix come March.

Don't think that the Jan window particularly helps anybody - and a top striker will be very pricey.
Wide Open Championship. on 15:37 - Nov 1 with 2846 viewskensalriser

If only we had strikers of the quality of Hooper and Rhodes we could have scored as many goals and be as high in the table as Sheff Weds.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wide Open Championship. on 15:42 - Nov 1 with 2839 viewsNorthernr

Wide Open Championship. on 15:37 - Nov 1 by kensalriser

If only we had strikers of the quality of Hooper and Rhodes we could have scored as many goals and be as high in the table as Sheff Weds.

Idrissa Sylla - 14 goals in 19 starts and 24 sub appearances.

Jordan Hugill - 17 in 48 starts and 10 sub appearances

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11697/11011344/preston-striker-jordan-hug

Preston have confirmed striker Jordan Hugill has put in a transfer request.

Wolves and Reading had bids of around £8m rejected by Preston last week, with a host of other clubs - including Birmingham - known to be interested in him.
Wide Open Championship. on 16:18 - Nov 1 with 2782 viewsLblock

Wide Open Championship. on 15:42 - Nov 1 by Northernr

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11697/11011344/preston-striker-jordan-hug

Wolves and Reading had bids of around £8m rejected by Preston last week, with a host of other clubs - including Birmingham - known to be interested in him.

EIGHT MILLION

Eight

Bloody

Million

It may have escaped some that I had no time for Jimmy but my God I have to give him kudos for the signings of Cilla and the BFG for peanuts in comparisson. Both proved themselves worthy CF's at this level

£8mill..... jeeze louise. Drink that in and think on.
Geezers a good player, dont get me wrong but even so.

Using a factor of 32% for goals to games difference and applying it to that fee it means Cilla's market rate is £10,560,000.00...... Ten and a half million squids!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wide Open Championship. on 16:20 - Nov 1 with 2781 viewsCroydonCaptJack

'Who?'

So no signs of the market cooling down then Clive.
Crazy.
Wide Open Championship. on 17:54 - Nov 1 with 2681 viewsDorse

Wide Open Championship. on 16:20 - Nov 1 by CroydonCaptJack

'Who?'

So no signs of the market cooling down then Clive.
Crazy.

In this market, I am worth about £300k but I don't like to brag about it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wide Open Championship. on 01:20 - Nov 2 with 2507 viewsPommyhoop

Les ,Big Tone, Lee Hoos or whoever handles outgoing transfers should stick that near the phone when the vultures start calling late Dec early Jan. We always seem to be shortchanged when selling players.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024