Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players You Have Forgotten 02:11 - Nov 14 with 22019 viewsBoston

....ever played for QPR. I'm afraid to admit this has happened to me on a number of occasions, thought it might be senile dementia, but it's nothing more than sitting at the back of the class and falling asleep.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 14:28]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Players You Have Forgotten on 21:03 - Nov 14 with 3765 viewsCiderwithRsie

Now I think about it, there was bloke in the 80s.Always in the squad, sometimes a sub, hardly ever played. Burke?
Players You Have Forgotten on 21:08 - Nov 14 with 3763 viewsCiderwithRsie

Players You Have Forgotten on 21:03 - Nov 14 by CiderwithRsie

Now I think about it, there was bloke in the 80s.Always in the squad, sometimes a sub, hardly ever played. Burke?

Steve Burke! Signed by Doherty, played quite a bit in first season, never featured under Venables but hung around for years under Smith.

Not only had I forgotten him, I could barely remember him half the time he was at QPR, but he was with us for 7 years.
Players You Have Forgotten on 21:26 - Nov 14 with 3735 viewsflynnbo

A couple of Barrys from the 1970s-Savage and Wallace.
Players You Have Forgotten on 21:40 - Nov 14 with 3720 viewsMrSheen

Players You Have Forgotten on 21:26 - Nov 14 by flynnbo

A couple of Barrys from the 1970s-Savage and Wallace.

A couple of years later, Barry Silkman

Alessandro Del Piero's future club captain, anyone?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 21:43]
Players You Have Forgotten on 21:46 - Nov 14 with 3711 viewsaston_hoop

A few from the early 2000s youth teams:

Wes Daly
Brian Fitzgerald
Jake Cole

Plus who can forget such legendary loan spells as that of current Premier League footballer Dean Marney and current non Premier League footballer Jason Jarrett? Well clearly I havent forgotten them.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Players You Have Forgotten on 21:47 - Nov 14 with 3710 viewsFredManRave

Players You Have Forgotten on 21:40 - Nov 14 by MrSheen

And then of course the other Barry who made his one and only appearance at Loftus Road in 1985...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Players You Have Forgotten on 21:49 - Nov 14 with 3707 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Troy Hewitt.
Players You Have Forgotten on 21:56 - Nov 14 with 3695 viewsaston_hoop

Oh, also Joe Oastler. Played once I think after spending most of a season on the bench?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Players You Have Forgotten on 21:58 - Nov 14 with 3694 viewsCiderwithRsie

Veering off-topic (as I do) a player I remember the name of but never saw play was Kevin Kingsmore - a Norn Irish lad who was Bradley Allen's striking partner in the youth team and was always listed in the programme banging in goals for the kids. When Allen made his breakthrough into the 1st team I was hopeful that Kingsmore would make it too but he never did. I think I heard he got homesick.

Then there was Frank "The Tank" Sibley, apparently a bit of a legend as a player, then on the coaching staff (and frequent caretaker-manager) for donkey's years, but now probably a bit of forgotten figure to the yoof.
Players You Have Forgotten on 22:02 - Nov 14 with 3685 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Players You Have Forgotten on 21:56 - Nov 14 by aston_hoop

Oh, also Joe Oastler. Played once I think after spending most of a season on the bench?

I saw him play for Aldershot a couple of seasons ago. Looked like one of the more comfortable players on the pitch .

He's now playing in hoops again for Oxford City

[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 22:04]
Players You Have Forgotten on 22:05 - Nov 14 with 3678 viewsMrSheen

Players You Have Forgotten on 22:02 - Nov 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

I saw him play for Aldershot a couple of seasons ago. Looked like one of the more comfortable players on the pitch .

He's now playing in hoops again for Oxford City

[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 22:04]

Wasn't Justin Cochrane another player who hardly got a kick for us, but acquired a bit of a cult following once he moved on?
Players You Have Forgotten on 22:07 - Nov 14 with 3675 viewsonlyrinmoray

Petter Van Moen signed by Warnock he was here... then he was gone
Players You Have Forgotten on 23:28 - Nov 14 with 3621 viewsPBLOCK

Players You Have Forgotten on 21:40 - Nov 14 by MrSheen

Terry Mcflynn I believe

Remember him, Cochrane, Pacquette I think ,Cochrane and Ben Walshe played at home to Stockport we lost 3-0 I think.
Players You Have Forgotten on 23:35 - Nov 14 with 3617 viewswombat

Players You Have Forgotten on 13:27 - Nov 14 by loftboy

Is it a claim to fame that I saw Kurt Bakholt make his one and only appearance away at Man.city

Loft it was half a Game that the legend played in . Seem to remember him taking a pretty hard tackle and was never seen again , can’t even find anything of him playing football anywhere after he left us . It used to be a standing joke that you wasn’t a true fan unless you saw kurt in the hoops

Here’s a player Keith Pritchett local lad 75 /76 not sure he ever played for us
Bob Malcolm never forgotten runs a fish and chip stall in Glasgow now
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 23:43]

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Players You Have Forgotten on 00:06 - Nov 15 with 3608 viewsCiderwithRsie

Players You Have Forgotten on 23:28 - Nov 14 by PBLOCK

Terry Mcflynn I believe

Remember him, Cochrane, Pacquette I think ,Cochrane and Ben Walshe played at home to Stockport we lost 3-0 I think.

Ah, Pacquette, there's another one I'd forgotten: another guy we thought might just be the next big thing, and then gone before he'd even registered.

There's something poignant about those sort of players, "I could have been a contender" sort of thing. For some of them our club was the height of their career but they still didn't get a run. I feel for those guys, I hope they have happy memories of their time at QPR and good lives.
Players You Have Forgotten on 04:10 - Nov 15 with 3582 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Players You Have Forgotten on 21:08 - Nov 14 by CiderwithRsie

Steve Burke! Signed by Doherty, played quite a bit in first season, never featured under Venables but hung around for years under Smith.

Not only had I forgotten him, I could barely remember him half the time he was at QPR, but he was with us for 7 years.

Came on in the replay in 82 if memory serves.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players You Have Forgotten on 06:45 - Nov 15 with 3562 viewsMrSheen

Players You Have Forgotten on 00:06 - Nov 15 by CiderwithRsie

Ah, Pacquette, there's another one I'd forgotten: another guy we thought might just be the next big thing, and then gone before he'd even registered.

There's something poignant about those sort of players, "I could have been a contender" sort of thing. For some of them our club was the height of their career but they still didn't get a run. I feel for those guys, I hope they have happy memories of their time at QPR and good lives.

Add in Pat Kanyuka, very talented lad, horribly injury-prone. Has scratched out a career in places like Romania and Myanmar since.
Players You Have Forgotten on 07:40 - Nov 15 with 3533 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Players You Have Forgotten on 06:45 - Nov 15 by MrSheen

Add in Pat Kanyuka, very talented lad, horribly injury-prone. Has scratched out a career in places like Romania and Myanmar since.

Nothing wrong with scratching out a career in Myanmar!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players You Have Forgotten on 10:12 - Nov 15 with 3486 viewsenfieldargh

Players You Have Forgotten on 20:52 - Nov 14 by Esox_Lucius

Gary Cooper and there is an interesting back story to that which I am unable to repeat in a public forum.

We also had Doug McClure so two cowboys

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Players You Have Forgotten (n/t) on 12:10 - Nov 15 with 3445 viewsloftinoz

I can't believe no-one has mentioned Ned Zelic. I found a picture but I don't know how to get it into this post.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:15]
Players You Have Forgotten (n/t) on 12:27 - Nov 15 with 3427 viewsisawqpratwcity

Players You Have Forgotten (n/t) on 12:10 - Nov 15 by loftinoz

I can't believe no-one has mentioned Ned Zelic. I found a picture but I don't know how to get it into this post.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:15]

Absolutely no-one has forgotten Ned Zelic. Here's a picture of him playing for us, it's almost as rare as a picture of Kieron Dyer in hoops.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:37]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Players You Have Forgotten on 12:31 - Nov 15 with 3421 viewsBklynRanger

Gary Borrowdale.

I was watching he news this morning and there's a suburb of Harare called Borrowdale, so that's how I remembered...
Players You Have Forgotten on 12:41 - Nov 15 with 3408 viewsR_from_afar

Yossi Benayoun, Jimmy Smith and - sigh - Grego-Cox...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Players You Have Forgotten on 12:51 - Nov 15 with 3393 viewsWokingham_r

Players You Have Forgotten on 12:41 - Nov 15 by R_from_afar

Yossi Benayoun, Jimmy Smith and - sigh - Grego-Cox...

RFA

Leroy Griffith
Players You Have Forgotten on 12:54 - Nov 15 with 3384 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Superb thread. Howling with laughter as I remember some of these incompetents.

One I remembered this morning was Robbie "Mullet" Herrera.

Was with us five years (88-93), played six times and I can't find a photo of him in our kit.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:59]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024