Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie 17:42 - Nov 18 with 4986 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not everyone's cup of tea, but he's our joint top scorer now.

Mackie on 20:21 - Nov 18 with 3384 viewsisawqpratwcity

Er, yeah, sorry. I don't know how my cock ring got down the side of your armchair...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mackie on 20:22 - Nov 18 with 3378 viewsbosh67

I thought he played very well first half but second half his control and first touch was just terrible.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mackie on 20:42 - Nov 18 with 3341 viewsjohncharles

The only guy in our team that could score a goal today.

But yeah, let’s slag him off.
And tomorrow we will have the more intellectual reporters slagging him off in a very reasonable intellectual way. Blah blah

Strong and stable my arse.

Mackie on 20:51 - Nov 18 with 3321 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mackie on 20:42 - Nov 18 by johncharles

And tomorrow we will have the more intellectual reporters slagging him off in a very reasonable intellectual way. Blah blah

He is what he is.

I'll have him over a Remy or a Vargas any day.
Mackie on 20:57 - Nov 18 with 3299 viewsBrightonhoop

Mackie on 20:51 - Nov 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

He is what he is.

I'll have him over a Remy or a Vargas any day.

I like him but he's getting on in years as we all are. 5 years since THAT goal against Liverpool at HQ.
Mackie on 22:05 - Nov 18 with 3208 viewsJamesB1979

I like Mackie a lot and think as an impact player and squad player, he can do a job for us. Should he start? Not for me. Prefer to Vargas? Got to be joking. Not Vargas fault we played him out of position. Could never fault Vargas attitude in my view.
Mackie (n/t) on 22:25 - Nov 18 with 3173 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 23:27]
Mackie on 23:38 - Nov 18 with 3079 viewssmegma

Dave Agyemang was top scorer at one time.
Login to get fewer ads

Mackie on 01:39 - Nov 19 with 3002 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mackie on 23:38 - Nov 18 by smegma

Dave Agyemang was top scorer at one time.

...and how was that not to his credit?

Mackie on 01:57 - Nov 19 with 2991 viewstimcocking

He still has very little composure when needed. I honestly don't think he's good enough for this level. Certainly not to start. When he gets in a good attacking position with plenty of time and space, it's usually quite embarrassing. Same goes with Washington.

And besides, Bidwell scored that.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 1:58]
Mackie on 02:02 - Nov 19 with 2986 viewstimcocking

Mackie on 20:42 - Nov 18 by johncharles

I'm not sure you should have a pop at people for reasonable criticism? I mean, it's a forum.

We all love Jamie Mackie, every single one of us. He is one of us. We also watch him, he's not a very good player if you give him a ball. That's pretty basic truth. If we all have to say how marvellous he is when he isn't, it'd be pretty dumb.
Mackie on 07:46 - Nov 19 with 2889 viewsNortholt_Rs

Mackie on 02:02 - Nov 19 by timcocking

I'm not sure you should have a pop at people for reasonable criticism? I mean, it's a forum.

We all love Jamie Mackie, every single one of us. He is one of us. We also watch him, he's not a very good player if you give him a ball. That's pretty basic truth. If we all have to say how marvellous he is when he isn't, it'd be pretty dumb.

Just like Holloway, Mackie is here through sentiment (and economics?) not because of his ability.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Mackie on 09:11 - Nov 19 with 2775 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mackie on 07:46 - Nov 19 by Northolt_Rs

Just like Holloway, Mackie is here through sentiment (and economics?) not because of his ability.

He’s our top scorer mate, and yeah economics.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 13:48]
Mackie on 09:18 - Nov 19 with 2747 viewsCamberleyR

Yet again, after a couple of defeats, posters who you never see on here after we win, crawl out from their holes.....

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Mackie on 09:20 - Nov 19 with 2737 viewssmegma

Mackie on 09:11 - Nov 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

He’s our top scorer mate, and yeah economics.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 13:48]

So are 3 others who in my opinion are the better option. Hasn't completed 90 minutes this season and it's nearly Christmas.
Mackie on 09:33 - Nov 19 with 2717 viewsfrancisbowles

Mackie on 20:22 - Nov 18 by bosh67

I thought he played very well first half but second half his control and first touch was just terrible.

I would agree with that and would add it was a similar story with Smith. The longer the game went on the less challenges he won.

I can understand why they both started yesterday but you know they are not going to last the game. Ideally they would both have come off and that may have been the plan but losing Mass at ht and Cousins still getting back to fitness made that impossible.

I also feel that Smith was where Sylla wanted to be and should have been when he came on. They both want to lead the line and haven't worked out how to do it together.

I feel we are in for a tough time between now and the new year. Teams have worked out our many weaknesses by now, the games are coming thick and fast and the pressing game uses more energy and is more fatiguing. Fatigue and lack of recovery time can lead to injuries and missing games.

We are QPR, and these players will give it their best and we must do our bit as well.
Mackie on 09:45 - Nov 19 with 2669 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mackie on 09:20 - Nov 19 by smegma

So are 3 others who in my opinion are the better option. Hasn't completed 90 minutes this season and it's nearly Christmas.

That’s fair enough, but it’s silly to get snobby about Mackie when he’s clearly contributing as much as anyone else?

Other have said he’s here because of sentimentality, i’m saying he’s here because he’s scored 20% of our goals too.
Mackie on 11:52 - Nov 19 with 2511 viewsPommyhoop

Someone said that this thread and the sub-thread should be combined and I sort of agree.
I've scanned through both threads and forgive me if I've missed it but HTF has Washington escaped any criticism? He was absolutely crap. His touch and decision making are worse than Mackie's and that is f'cking bad .
Having Mackie and Washington up front together is beyond embarrassing.
#league2forwardline

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Mackie on 11:56 - Nov 19 with 2504 viewstimcocking

What i wonder - if Yeni had had as much playing time as Jamie or Connor has had this season, would he have contributed more?
Mackie on 12:40 - Nov 19 with 2447 viewsDorse

Mackie was retained because the management think he adds something to the squad that would be missing if he was allowed to leave. It's no secret that he has lost some of his previous pace but he still plays the game as though his children were being held at gun point.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mackie on 13:00 - Nov 19 with 2424 viewsRANGERS4EVER

If people are counting that goal yesterday as ability then anyone can be a footballer. Its a non-goal goal, was going in anyway and anyone would score it. I also love Mackie and love his commitment, but he is a worse footballer than last time and last time he still wasn't fantastic with ability. His touch is shocking, he cant run past anyone, and missed about three good chance yesterday. He should only come on as sub when the team is tiring

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Mackie on 13:12 - Nov 19 with 2405 viewsisawqpratwcity

Queens Park Rangers Top Scorers

Jamie Mackie
261 minutes per goal
1045 minutes played
4 Goals scored
0 Assists
Shots on targetTotal 48%
11 Shots on target
23 Shots total

Matt Smith
130 minutes per goal
519 minutes played
4 Goals scored
1 Assists
Shots on targetTotal 54%
14 Shots on target
26 Shots total

Idrissa Sylla
148 minutes per goal
591 minutes played
4 Goals scored
0 Assists
Shots on targetTotal 67%
10 Shots on target
15 Shots total

Conor Washington
269 minutes per goal
1076 minutes played
4 Goals scored
0 Assists
Shots on targetTotal 56%
14 Shots on target
25 Shots total

I suppose that makes Mackie our third best striker. It might be a problem if his game time was keeping Smith or Sylla from playing. Of course, that means his not finishing games actually isn't currently a significant issue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/top-scorers

Mackie on 13:44 - Nov 19 with 2377 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mackie on 13:12 - Nov 19 by isawqpratwcity

Queens Park Rangers Top Scorers

Jamie Mackie
261 minutes per goal
1045 minutes played
4 Goals scored
0 Assists
Shots on targetTotal 48%
11 Shots on target
23 Shots total

Matt Smith
130 minutes per goal
519 minutes played
4 Goals scored
1 Assists
Shots on targetTotal 54%
14 Shots on target
26 Shots total

Idrissa Sylla
148 minutes per goal
591 minutes played
4 Goals scored
0 Assists
Shots on targetTotal 67%
10 Shots on target
15 Shots total

Conor Washington
269 minutes per goal
1076 minutes played
4 Goals scored
0 Assists
Shots on targetTotal 56%
14 Shots on target
25 Shots total

I suppose that makes Mackie our third best striker. It might be a problem if his game time was keeping Smith or Sylla from playing. Of course, that means his not finishing games actually isn't currently a significant issue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/top-scorers

This is true,

If we paired Smith and Sylla up together regularly that sacrifices the graft model Holloway has cultivated his whole career that works for him.
Mackie on 14:04 - Nov 19 with 2359 viewsterryb

I thought that the first half yesterday was the best Jamie Mackie has played for us since away to City in May 2012. However, that didn't extend to the second half.

Do I think he can manage that on a regular basis? The answer is no. Yiou can't fault his workrate or enthusiasm, but you can certainly question his control & choice of pass/dribble etc.

I was very excited when we signed him from Plymouth & the start of that season he was electric. I don't blame him that he is no longer that player, but he should now be selected on his current abilities & not prior to his injury at Blackburn.

That makes him a squad player who can give a limited contribution. That is not to be scoffed at!
Mackie on 14:04 - Nov 19 with 2359 viewssmegma

Mackie on 09:45 - Nov 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

That’s fair enough, but it’s silly to get snobby about Mackie when he’s clearly contributing as much as anyone else?

Other have said he’s here because of sentimentality, i’m saying he’s here because he’s scored 20% of our goals too.

Silly to get snobby? What the f are you on about? I don't think he merits a starting place in the team. The fact he hasn't finished a game he has started this season means something is not quite right either . For what it's worth I think Smith and Washington are our best starting options. I would also love to see the same starting eleven on more than a handful of occasions per season.

But maybe I'm being snobby ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024