Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 19:08 - Nov 18 with 4484 viewsactonman

Drunken thoughts ... first off, I am really starting to fking hate Aston Villa !!!! They are like a bogey team to us and p!ss on our chips every time we play them.

First half we done well but ffs to concede a pen on 47 mins is schoolboy stuff at the least. Tbf villa pressed and pressed up to the whistle where as we thought 45 mins 1 - 0 half time... job done ... wrong !!!

2nd half and I am still waiting for us to actually have a go and win the game ? Apart from smiths header straight to their keeper I don't think their number 1 pulled his finger out his arris once !!
Samba of all fking people won everything we launched at him as we where as predictable as rain on a bank holiday !
Have we forgot how to run down the wing and get a cross in ffs !! Every long ball straight down the middle up in the air to smith and samba to battle out was beyond fking useless.
I wouldn't mind if villa where any good but they where just as pony as us but we made them look good.

As bad a 2nd half performance from a home team you will be hard to find , subs made us worse.

Having said that, villa didn't deserve to win but after as I eluded to with the fist line of this thread, they always get something from us no matter how sh!t they are.
Just back on 19:50 - Nov 18 with 4293 viewspaulparker

Just back from the hospital where I've had my neck out of traction due to the aimless hoofing causing me to look to the heavens all afternoon especially the 2nd half

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Just back on 20:07 - Nov 18 with 4223 viewsbosh67

Several thoughts

1. Villa were the best side we have played this season at LR and deserved to win. Better, tougher, fitter, faster
2. Not going to have too much of a go at our back 3 but too many balls passed straight back to their midfield
3. Is one of the conditions of our FFP fine that we aren't allowed to play any wingers or with any width? We have Wheeler, Wszołek and this kid Samuel who has disappeared and yet Ollie refuses to play out and out wingers. As a consequence Smith is expected to take things out the sky with his back to goal 40 yards out and it was no better with Sylla on. Wingers Ollie, they get to the byline and they swing in crosses to run onto. You may want to look it up on Google or something. That is why we start hoofing down a tube of players bunched up in the middle.
4. I am now convinced that Jordan Cousins has won a lifetime fans competition to occupy a shirt during a match. See above point with Wsolek, Wheeler.
5. We missed Luongo second half but he did only arrive back yesterday. Problem is that as good as our central midfielders are their combined height is about 5 foot 8 as compared to every Villa midfielder who were over 6 feet.
6. Why did the police let the Villa fans out SAR side at the same time as us? Almost turned very nasty. Think the club need to keep away fans in for 10 minutes.
7. We won't play too many teams like Villa who looked like a prem side at times but they do have players worth about as much as our club these days.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 20:09]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 21:24 - Nov 18 with 4036 viewsBushRanger82

Luongo trained at Harlington yesterday. Tiredness cannot be a factor here.
When the team walked off at half-time, I very much doubt I was the only one who expected everyone, including Massimo, to walk back on for the start of the second half.
Just back on 22:06 - Nov 18 with 3894 viewsoldmisery

Just back on 21:24 - Nov 18 by BushRanger82

Luongo trained at Harlington yesterday. Tiredness cannot be a factor here.
When the team walked off at half-time, I very much doubt I was the only one who expected everyone, including Massimo, to walk back on for the start of the second half.

I'm never usually 'ITK' but an unimpeachable source informed me that Luongo was actually sick yesterday.
Just back on 09:42 - Nov 19 with 3401 viewssmegma

Talking of wingers, or players that can play the role, Wheeler and Osayi-Samuels havnt played for the under 23s/reserves this season and have managed 4 first team starts and 5 subs appearances between them. Wszolek hasn't started for a month and Paul Smyth I believe is one of Santas helpers as he hasn't been seen in a QPR kit for a month either. Surely one of them or even two is a better option at times???
Just back on 11:43 - Nov 19 with 3188 viewsstevec

When you get back to find a match thread on LFW barely creep into a third page you sense the club is in trouble.

Symptomatic of this malaise, those at the game most likely witnessed a second half where previously committed players worryingly looked like the uphill struggle to keep the wheels on the wagon was becoming too much of a burden.

That was probably as big a 2-1 thrashing you could get. Was watching the Villa fans and as my son said, can't remember the last time we went away and felt like that.
Just back on 11:44 - Nov 19 with 3183 viewsHunterhoop

Just back on 22:06 - Nov 18 by oldmisery

I'm never usually 'ITK' but an unimpeachable source informed me that Luongo was actually sick yesterday.

Even sick, he was our best player in the first half! He won 3 or 4 tackles himself. In the second half we didn't win 3 tackles as a whole team! The gulf in performance with and without him was huge.

Also, as has been pointed out, the issue with us defensively in this 352 is Baptiste playing right of the back 3, and, as the game goes on, getting pulled wider and wider until he's isolated against a pacy winger who promptly runs past him. Happened yesterday, happened at Forest, even happened against Wolves for their goal.

He's a reliable central defender, but on the right of a 3, he can get opened. And Robinson, whilst playing well, and Lynch, whilst playing less well, simply don't have the pace to get across and cover or get back if the oppo do get in behind Baptiste.

There's no easy answer with so many injuries, but we really are missing Onouha and Perch to add a bit of pace to that back lines
Just back on 12:05 - Nov 19 with 3144 viewsPlanetHonneywood

From Bosh above:

‘...1. Villa were the best side we have played this season at LR and deserved to win. Better, tougher, fitter, faster...’

I thought we’d undergone a huge pre-season fitness training camp. Pictures of Rs frantically running up and down hills, throwing weights about and Jamie Mackie barely able to walk, telling us how brutal it all was.

Are we weak or, is it the poor fitness levels of a team losing more then they are winning?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 12:38 - Nov 19 with 3062 viewsbosh67

Just back on 12:05 - Nov 19 by PlanetHonneywood

From Bosh above:

‘...1. Villa were the best side we have played this season at LR and deserved to win. Better, tougher, fitter, faster...’

I thought we’d undergone a huge pre-season fitness training camp. Pictures of Rs frantically running up and down hills, throwing weights about and Jamie Mackie barely able to walk, telling us how brutal it all was.

Are we weak or, is it the poor fitness levels of a team losing more then they are winning?

We have been fitter and tougher in a number of games. Sheff Utd and Wolves. However, yesterday we came up against a much physically bigger and premiership level fitter team.

On yesterday's evidence I think Villa will climb and walk the division, overtaking Wolves and Utd.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 06:14 - Nov 20 with 2627 viewsBushRanger82

Just back on 22:06 - Nov 18 by oldmisery

Well, he didn't look it during the first 45+ minutes.

Whatever the reason he didn't come out second half, we missed him, and missed him badly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024