Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cringey chant. 14:24 - Nov 19 with 3582 viewsBushRanger82

You're not famous anymore.

Aston bloody Villa.

Famous for what?

Making up the numbers in the Premier League and getting whacked out of sight home and away week in, week out?

That's us, only with a few thousand more fans.

Cringey chant. on 14:52 - Nov 19 with 3551 viewscolinallcars

Depends how old you are. There was a time when Villa were more famous than Manure, Liverpool, the lot really apart from Arsenal. This is a long way back.......either side of WW2.
Cringey chant. on 14:58 - Nov 19 with 3545 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well, they were very famous in 1982 for winning the European Cup.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Cringey chant. on 15:08 - Nov 19 with 3522 viewsCamberleyR

They've won the top division twenty years more recently than Tottenham Hotspur have.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cringey chant. on 15:10 - Nov 19 with 3520 viewsted_hendrix

I was at Villa when us and them were crap, we took the lead and started singing to their lot "Were winning away, were winning away, how shit must you be were winning away"
They naturally equalised and started singing to our lot;
"Were drawing at home, were drawing at home, how shit must you be were drawing at home"
Pissed off as I was about them equalising I found that funny and a testament to football fans sense of humour, of course we went on to lose the game and I believe Villa were relegated the following season.
VP is everything a British football ground should be, totally traditional, before seating was introduced the Holt end was huge and they let you know it.
They've won a few cups too along the way and they seem to have a spell on us at the moment.
I've never seen us win at VP
Bastards,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cringey chant. on 17:17 - Nov 19 with 3366 viewsHayesender

Cringey chant. on 15:10 - Nov 19 by ted_hendrix

I was at Villa when us and them were crap, we took the lead and started singing to their lot "Were winning away, were winning away, how shit must you be were winning away"
"Were drawing at home, were drawing at home, how shit must you be were drawing at home"
Pissed off as I was about them equalising I found that funny and a testament to football fans sense of humour, of course we went on to lose the game and I believe Villa were relegated the following season.
VP is everything a British football ground should be, totally traditional, before seating was introduced the Holt end was huge and they let you know it.
They've won a few cups too along the way and they seem to have a spell on us at the moment.

Villa park is the best football ground in the country by far imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Cringey chant. on 17:23 - Nov 19 with 3355 viewsShotKneesHoop

Cringey chant. on 17:17 - Nov 19 by Hayesender

Villa park is the best football ground in the country by far imo

Agreed that Villa Park is the perfect template for building the ideal stadium, but it is in the worst possible place for public transport. It takes well over an hour to finally get on a train at Witton, whereas QPR is the exact reverse.

Knee Scraping seats in a cramped ground, with limited cover. I got drenched in the East Paddock yesterday, but afterwards so easy to get away. It takes 10 minutes at the most to get on a train at Shepherds Bush Market, or Wood Lane or White City. I was at Kings Cross by 5.10 yesterday. With a result like that, no-one wants to hang about.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 17:24]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Cringey chant. on 20:07 - Nov 19 with 3229 viewsloftboy

I was at the Trevor Francis hat trick game.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Cringey chant. on 21:05 - Nov 19 with 3172 viewsBrightonhoop

Remember going up there in the back of a dodgy transit van, how it got there and back I'll never know.

But that Holt End with 20,000 plus haying for us has never left me.
Login to get fewer ads

Cringey chant. on 21:53 - Nov 19 with 3117 viewsHadders

Just googled Villa Park and this came up - maybe it's just me, but I love old photographs like this.

Cringey chant. on 07:49 - Nov 20 with 2988 viewsPommyhoop

Cringey chant. on 21:53 - Nov 19 by Hadders

Just googled Villa Park and this came up - maybe it's just me, but I love old photographs like this.

No Hadders It's not just you, I love old photos too mate..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Cringey chant. on 09:58 - Nov 20 with 2892 viewsisawqpratwcity

Cringey chant. on 07:49 - Nov 20 by Pommyhoop

No Hadders It's not just you, I love old photos too mate..

Gad, what a trim ankle!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024