Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I Am At Fenway Park 20:16 - Nov 19 with 3677 viewsBoston

....watching Galway v Clare play in the final of a Hurling tournament It's getting brutal,degenerating into a bloodbath.... money well spent.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I Am At Fenway Park on 21:18 - Nov 19 with 3632 viewsMrSheen

Wasn't there college football there yesterday? Must be lines everywhere.
I Am At Fenway Park on 21:45 - Nov 19 with 3605 viewsthame_hoops

Is this your Facebook status update too?
I Am At Fenway Park on 09:08 - Nov 20 with 3541 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Didn't watch it but there's a lot of head-shaking going on in Ireland about the rules allowed for this one-off game. Hurling's normally a clean game, incredibly hard but very few injuries or malicious strokes. The ball moves too fast so most defenders have to concentrate on that and leave the petty stuff to one side. In this game, though, it seems body-checking and jersey-pulling was allowed, hockey-style short corners introduced and all sorts of nonsense. Not surprised it got testy.

Still, I'm very jealous. Wold love to go to Fenway some day.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I Am At Fenway Park on 00:54 - Nov 22 with 3418 viewsBoston

I Am At Fenway Park on 21:18 - Nov 19 by MrSheen

Wasn't there college football there yesterday? Must be lines everywhere.

Yes sir, not only do the hurlers have to compete on a postage stamp with altered rules and
goals but no high posts, they also have to deal with football markings as the college and high school games are in full swing.
I actually caught a ball that was launched into the crowd, 'til this fat fcuk knocked it out of my hands.

I Am At Fenway Park on 06:46 - Nov 22 with 3382 viewsozranger

I Am At Fenway Park on 09:08 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Didn't watch it but there's a lot of head-shaking going on in Ireland about the rules allowed for this one-off game. Hurling's normally a clean game, incredibly hard but very few injuries or malicious strokes. The ball moves too fast so most defenders have to concentrate on that and leave the petty stuff to one side. In this game, though, it seems body-checking and jersey-pulling was allowed, hockey-style short corners introduced and all sorts of nonsense. Not surprised it got testy.

Still, I'm very jealous. Wold love to go to Fenway some day.

Speaking of bastardisation of rules, what are your thoughts on the International Rules games between Ireland and Australia? To me it is ridiculous and they should play one sport or the other as it was set out to be. It really shows that the Australian variety is just that, only played in Australia.
I Am At Fenway Park on 07:18 - Nov 22 with 3376 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I Am At Fenway Park on 06:46 - Nov 22 by ozranger

Speaking of bastardisation of rules, what are your thoughts on the International Rules games between Ireland and Australia? To me it is ridiculous and they should play one sport or the other as it was set out to be. It really shows that the Australian variety is just that, only played in Australia.

Hey Oz, I think that it's great that the two sets of players get to play for their country. Our lads are amateur and wouldn't have that chance without the Australian games. I don't like the sport itself, though, and rarely watch it. Just doesn't do it for me.

I Am At Fenway Park on 15:21 - Nov 22 with 3333 viewsBoston

Aussie rules is a sport I've never really taken a shine to. Truthfully, I've found it difficult to develope an interest in any variety of football outside of the good old kick and run I grew up with. Admittedly the NFL does hold my attention, on the tv anyway (it's not a game I usually enjoy live), but that's probably explainable by my chance of location and who the local team are. Hurling and (ice) hockey do stimulate the sporting brain cells, not sure why, something about hitting another person with a stick I suppose.

I Am At Fenway Park on 17:26 - Nov 22 with 3299 viewsMrSheen

I Am At Fenway Park on 07:18 - Nov 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Hey Oz, I think that it's great that the two sets of players get to play for their country. Our lads are amateur and wouldn't have that chance without the Australian games. I don't like the sport itself, though, and rarely watch it. Just doesn't do it for me.

Good job interview for the Irish lads, though you could say the same about the English at the Rugby League World Cup. Do they still belt the crap out of each other in the International Rules? Led the world in that, at least.
Login to get fewer ads

I Am At Fenway Park on 18:09 - Nov 22 with 3286 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I Am At Fenway Park on 17:26 - Nov 22 by MrSheen

Good job interview for the Irish lads, though you could say the same about the English at the Rugby League World Cup. Do they still belt the crap out of each other in the International Rules? Led the world in that, at least.

Seems to be all above board now with many years.

I Am At Fenway Park on 18:14 - Nov 22 with 3281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I Am At Fenway Park on 15:21 - Nov 22 by Boston

Aussie rules is a sport I've never really taken a shine to. Truthfully, I've found it difficult to develope an interest in any variety of football outside of the good old kick and run I grew up with. Admittedly the NFL does hold my attention, on the tv anyway (it's not a game I usually enjoy live), but that's probably explainable by my chance of location and who the local team are. Hurling and (ice) hockey do stimulate the sporting brain cells, not sure why, something about hitting another person with a stick I suppose.

I don't trust anything with an oval ball. An oval ball is unnecessary meddling and a sure sign that the game is too easy. So they have to introduce nonsensical ball-shapes and other gallutin' around.

I Am At Fenway Park on 21:46 - Nov 22 with 3246 viewsBoston

I Am At Fenway Park on 18:14 - Nov 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't trust anything with an oval ball. An oval ball is unnecessary meddling and a sure sign that the game is too easy. So they have to introduce nonsensical ball-shapes and other gallutin' around.

Do I take it you enjoy a puck then?

I Am At Fenway Park on 22:12 - Nov 22 with 3232 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I Am At Fenway Park on 21:46 - Nov 22 by Boston

Do I take it you enjoy a puck then?

Ya, I love a puck!

I Am At Fenway Park on 22:26 - Nov 22 with 3216 viewsMrSheen

I Am At Fenway Park on 18:09 - Nov 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Seems to be all above board now with many years.

The game that had everything.

I Am At Fenway Park on 00:35 - Nov 23 with 3195 viewsFredManRave

I Am At Fenway Park on 22:26 - Nov 22 by MrSheen

The game that had everything.

The owner had obviously never read the "Dog Harness" thread.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024