Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. 10:12 - Nov 21 with 2096 viewsbosh67

According to Arry on a recent interview.

https://www.footballfancast.com/championship/queens-park-rangers/harry-redknapp-

I think Defoe and Austin would have kept us up quite comfortably. Although this is QPR.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 10:34 - Nov 21 with 2073 viewsdaveB

He was on around 70k a week at the time with no sell on value, not sure him and Austin as a pair would have worked. The problem was keeping clean sheets rather than goals as we were decent going forward that season
Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 10:36 - Nov 21 with 2070 views1BobbyHazell

"I think Defoe and Austin would have kept us up quite comfortably. Although this is QPR."
It doesn't really work like that.

Couldn't even watch the video as the first paragraph of the introduction had me reaching for the sick bucket.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 10:39]
Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 10:40 - Nov 21 with 2052 viewsjohncharles

Known liar tells lies

Strong and stable my arse.

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 10:43 - Nov 21 with 2042 viewsPommyhoop

F+ck that guy!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 10:58 - Nov 21 with 2005 viewsNorthernr

A liar lying again. Defoe himself has said several times it was never on because QPR were "a joke" and he wouldn't go there. Simply Redknapp doing his usual "we'll if they'd only let me sign a couple more players we'd have been ok" bullsht. Hate that saggy cnt.
Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 11:29 - Nov 21 with 1944 viewsLblock

I've not opened the link as I am annoyed enough already today

However....

My first thoughts were:-
Funny that, as I spoke to Defoe myself in The Dorchester Hotel reception bar at end of November / first week of December that year (was there for my Mum's birthday). His reply to my "joining QPR when the window opens" quip was a categorical "no chance mate" so it's a shock to think CandleFace might be lying again... isn't it????

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 11:34 - Nov 21 with 1938 viewsdanehoop

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 11:29 - Nov 21 by Lblock

I've not opened the link as I am annoyed enough already today

However....

My first thoughts were:-
Funny that, as I spoke to Defoe myself in The Dorchester Hotel reception bar at end of November / first week of December that year (was there for my Mum's birthday). His reply to my "joining QPR when the window opens" quip was a categorical "no chance mate" so it's a shock to think CandleFace might be lying again... isn't it????

Danehoop agrees wholeheartedly with Lblock shock.

Never knowingly understood

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 11:38 - Nov 21 with 1929 viewsTacticalR

Wasn't it supposed to be over Defoe that Redknapp and Fernandes fell out?

That interview is quite revealing as it shows Redknapp's 'quick fix' mentality. There is something in what he is saying, as Defoe did deliver at Sunderland. But of course the 'quick fix' didn't last and Sunderland eventually got relegated.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 11:40 - Nov 21 with 1915 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Won't be clicking on that, sorry Bosh!

Agree with the others - known liar tells lies.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 14:15 - Nov 21 with 1779 viewswhittocksRs

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 11:38 - Nov 21 by TacticalR

Wasn't it supposed to be over Defoe that Redknapp and Fernandes fell out?

That interview is quite revealing as it shows Redknapp's 'quick fix' mentality. There is something in what he is saying, as Defoe did deliver at Sunderland. But of course the 'quick fix' didn't last and Sunderland eventually got relegated.

Don't really agree there's anything in it.

Sunderland had a better squad than us in general that season, and that's why they stayed up. Sure, Defoe was helpful, but we had Charlie Austin, who is a better striker and scored 18 in 35 that season compared with Defoe's 4 in 17.

The next season, he was already an established first team player, again in a team better than our vintage sh*tshow of 2014/15, and he was great getting loads of important goals.

Not sure how often short-term fixes ever really work in football. Established, settled teams tend not to need them as they're not usually the teams in danger. Those that gamble end up with debts like ours.
Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 14:56 - Nov 21 with 1748 viewskensalriser

He probably did keep Sunderland up for those two seasons but didn't prevent the inevitable. For all the money it cost they could have signed several decent Champ up and comers and formed the nucleus of a decent team that would be upper Championship now instead of facing a double relegation.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 15:02 - Nov 21 with 1742 viewsBoston

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 11:34 - Nov 21 by danehoop

Danehoop agrees wholeheartedly with Lblock shock.

Boston also agrees wholeheartedly, but was unaware Lblocks mother was a member of the Royal Family.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 15:04]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Defoe almost signed for us, apparently.. on 15:20 - Nov 21 with 1703 viewsBrightonhoop

If Arry said the sun was shining I'd have to stick my head out the door first ti check.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024