Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement on Bonys performance today 19:31 - Nov 25 with 14556 viewsDarran

“It was a proper man’s performance from Wilfried.”

Mmmmmm not the best thing to say on diversity day at the Liberty.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:35 - Nov 26 with 1443 viewsJackfath

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:27 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

Why?

You don't think Darran's comment was (yet another) attempt to make fun of the introduction of a gender neutral prefix?

He's been taking the p*ss for a few days now. And was doing so on this thread as well. As was jackfath.

You're wrong.

Please stop telling people I am taking the piss when I am not.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:38 - Nov 26 with 1439 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clement on Bonys performance today on 13:45 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

The manager's comment on Bony was an obvious reference to Tammy.

You attempted to take the p*ss.

The club along with every club made a tiny effort for just one match of a season to show a more welcoming face to people that feel they can't enjoy the simple act of watching their favourite club play football because ar*eholes make fun of them, aim chants in their direction, and generally act like utter morons. Football has an awful attitude to people who are gay, or transgender. Awful. It says everything you need to know that in 2017 not one single player has felt able to be open about being gay.

As part of an attempt to be a tiny bit more inclusive, the club said that if people preferred, they could use Mx as a designation rather than Mr or Mrs or Ms or Miss. It has absolutely no effect whatsoever on anyone that doesn't want to use that designation. But you believe it is fine to make fun. In several threads.

I'm genuinely surprised that someone who should know only too well how groups of people who are 'different' to the majority can have their lives made an utter misery by people making fun, is so willing to do it with others quite so frequently.

How the hell you see PC's comment on Bony's performance as having a go at Tammy is beyond me.
90% of the Prem forwards can't do what Bony does, he is famous for it.
So you think PC was criticising a skinny 20 year for not being able to match it.

I think it reflects how you feel about Tammy.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:39 - Nov 26 with 1437 viewsDarran

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:31 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

“It was a proper man’s performance from Wilfried.”

Mmmmmm not the best thing to say on diversity day at the Liberty.

That's what you wrote Darran. I'm not commenting on what you're thinking, I'm commenting on what you wrote.

And?

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:45 - Nov 26 with 1415 viewsYossarian

And back to the football, can someone please explain why Lisa thinks Clement’s remark was a dog at Tammy. I’m struggling to see how that conclusion can be arrived at.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:45 - Nov 26 with 1415 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:39 - Nov 26 by Darran

And?

Yes, "and"?
Darren is perfectly correct, PC's choice of words did not quite match up to club's current stance.
But can you think of another way to express it?
Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:49 - Nov 26 with 1405 viewsDarran

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:45 - Nov 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, "and"?
Darren is perfectly correct, PC's choice of words did not quite match up to club's current stance.
But can you think of another way to express it?

Exactly Sir very well said.

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:53 - Nov 26 with 1396 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:45 - Nov 26 by Yossarian

And back to the football, can someone please explain why Lisa thinks Clement’s remark was a dog at Tammy. I’m struggling to see how that conclusion can be arrived at.

I'm sort of with you on this one

I accept Bony is older than Tammy so could be construed as that however I just thought it meant he stood up to be counted and put in an experienced performance and led the team

Maybe I'm wrong but can't imagine any reason why clement would be looking to have a dig at Tammy

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:02 - Nov 26 with 1373 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I guess that Bony’s performance in terms of holding up the ball and putting himself about was better than anything we’ve seen from Tammy.

That would be bizarre of Clement because that’s absolutely not Tammy’s Game.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:06 - Nov 26 with 1368 viewsZaxx

Seeing the way that PC struggled through his post match interview I'm surprised that he managed to string that many words together coherently.
Poor guy seems a bit punch drunk atm, probably didn't even know what he was saying never mind inferring.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:08 - Nov 26 with 1361 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It was a comment many may deem to be sexist on a day when diversity was being promoted at the stadium. It was excellent of Darren to spot this and create a debate on whether it was appropriate.

In my opinion it is quite a desperate defence to link that comment to a dig at Abraham. What a giant assumption that is.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:13 - Nov 26 with 1350 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:08 - Nov 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It was a comment many may deem to be sexist on a day when diversity was being promoted at the stadium. It was excellent of Darren to spot this and create a debate on whether it was appropriate.

In my opinion it is quite a desperate defence to link that comment to a dig at Abraham. What a giant assumption that is.

I'm amazed if I'm in the minority by thinking he meant Bony played like a man instead of a boy, rather than a man instead of a woman
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 15:14]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:13 - Nov 26 with 1347 viewsDarran

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:08 - Nov 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well said my Friend,very well said indeed.

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:15 - Nov 26 with 1342 viewslondonlisa2001

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:38 - Nov 26 by A_Fans_Dad

How the hell you see PC's comment on Bony's performance as having a go at Tammy is beyond me.
90% of the Prem forwards can't do what Bony does, he is famous for it.
So you think PC was criticising a skinny 20 year for not being able to match it.

I think it reflects how you feel about Tammy.

Nope - I've already described them as bizarre and uncalled for.

But given that there have been a few occasions when a Clement has referred to Tammy's lack of maturity and team play (unfairly in my view), the fact that on the first start from Bony he then describes it as a 'man's performance' demonstrates that he was comparing it to Tammy.

I don't think he is expecting the same physical strength from Tammy, but he's expecting the same level of maturity.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:19 - Nov 26 with 1331 viewslondonlisa2001

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:13 - Nov 26 by PatchesOHoulihan

I'm amazed if I'm in the minority by thinking he meant Bony played like a man instead of a boy, rather than a man instead of a woman

Innit.

But let's all pretend that Darran has a new found interest in the use of inclusive language.

It was a not very thinly veiled comparison with Tammy.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:20 - Nov 26 with 1325 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:13 - Nov 26 by PatchesOHoulihan

So would I.

Men against boys is a common football phrase.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:22 - Nov 26 with 1319 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

So even if Lisa's assumption is right, Clement used the phrase 'mans performance' to describe a performance where someone exhibited great maturity. I don't see how this changes anything from Darren's opening post, questioning whether it was an appropriate comment on Diversity Day.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:32 - Nov 26 with 1291 viewsDarran

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:22 - Nov 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So even if Lisa's assumption is right, Clement used the phrase 'mans performance' to describe a performance where someone exhibited great maturity. I don't see how this changes anything from Darren's opening post, questioning whether it was an appropriate comment on Diversity Day.

To be honest Dwight if someone else had started this thread I doubt Lisa would have commented on it.
She always follows me around like this and if I’m truthful I think she fancies me.

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:43 - Nov 26 with 1270 viewsjack247

Why is there even a thread on this. A completely innocuous comment.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:47 - Nov 26 with 1263 viewsexiledclaseboy

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:43 - Nov 26 by jack247

Why is there even a thread on this. A completely innocuous comment.

Cos Darran wanted to take the piss out of the gender thing again. Then his chums rallied round to his defence.

Poll: Tory leader

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:53 - Nov 26 with 1241 viewsJack_Meoff

Barking isn't it?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Clement on Bonys performance today on 16:00 - Nov 26 with 1233 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:09 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

What the hell do you think gender neutral toilets are? Some sort of free for all where people are pushing each other out of the way trying to get to sit down first?

God, people are stupid.

No, that's not at all what I think.

But a public restroom with several toilets, no matter how they are segregated, is different than a single toilet/sink bathroom that only one person at a time can even enter. Of course there is no issue with the latter, and you yourself look pretty thick thinking that there should be.

This isn't an issue I give a rat's ass about though. Not sure why you need to be so angry or insulting about it, Lisa, but I've long ago learned to expect nothing more or less out of you.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 16:08]

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Clement on Bonys performance today on 16:14 - Nov 26 with 1183 viewsDarran

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:47 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

Cos Darran wanted to take the piss out of the gender thing again. Then his chums rallied round to his defence.

Prick.

Clement on Bonys performance today on 16:17 - Nov 26 with 1174 viewslondonlisa2001

Clement on Bonys performance today on 16:00 - Nov 26 by Tummer_from_Texas

No, that's not at all what I think.

But a public restroom with several toilets, no matter how they are segregated, is different than a single toilet/sink bathroom that only one person at a time can even enter. Of course there is no issue with the latter, and you yourself look pretty thick thinking that there should be.

This isn't an issue I give a rat's ass about though. Not sure why you need to be so angry or insulting about it, Lisa, but I've long ago learned to expect nothing more or less out of you.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 16:08]

I wasn't being angry Tummer.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 16:20 - Nov 26 with 1167 viewsdickythorpe

What is this thread about?
Clement on Bonys performance today on 16:22 - Nov 26 with 1161 viewsJango

Clement on Bonys performance today on 11:52 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

They'll also need to sort out the toileting situation as currently there are only two choices.

hes a man, playing a mans game and clement called him a man. Shame on him. Stone him to death.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024