Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement on Bonys performance today 19:31 - Nov 25 with 14557 viewsDarran

“It was a proper man’s performance from Wilfried.”

Mmmmmm not the best thing to say on diversity day at the Liberty.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Clement on Bonys performance today on 17:54 - Nov 27 with 1514 viewswhoflungdung

Eh?

You made a pronouncement to you acolytes,but they re slipping . Rather tardy today

You ve been missing me obviously

Back on topic then

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Clement on Bonys performance today on 17:58 - Nov 27 with 1503 viewsDarran

Clement on Bonys performance today on 17:54 - Nov 27 by whoflungdung

Eh?

You made a pronouncement to you acolytes,but they re slipping . Rather tardy today

You ve been missing me obviously

Back on topic then

Speak English you daft twát.

Clement on Bonys performance today on 18:17 - Nov 27 with 1468 viewsjack2jack

Did he mean he was just doing his job properly,and being payed very handsomely to do so by the way.
In fairness he did play well.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 18:47 - Nov 27 with 1439 viewslondonlisa2001

Clement on Bonys performance today on 17:01 - Nov 27 by whoflungdung

This

For some, life is tough. My parents generation and their s before were too busy seeking a living to be bothered about who called whom what

We are very indulgent generation and frankly, it looks like we re looking for ways in which we can be offended

On second thoughts we are.We have departments of people and legal leeches just chomping on the pit for a nice diversity case

MX? Just look at the state we re in

Yeah, but their generation took a bloke who played a pivotal role in them having any sort of enjoyment of post war years and rather than getting on their hands and knees in thanks for his work they prosecuted him for being gay. And he killed himself as a result.

So all in all, I'll take the talk of them all being too busy to be bothered about 'triviality' with a pinch of salt and take our attitudes to people who are different to us over theirs any day of the week.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 20:32 - Nov 27 with 1401 viewswhoflungdung

Lisa...

Isn't the issue here summat transgender linked ,although it seems to have morphed into a different area .

I was referring to " ordinary people" dung times of war as you well know.

Clement on Bonys performance today on 20:42 - Nov 27 with 1394 viewslondonlisa2001

Clement on Bonys performance today on 20:32 - Nov 27 by whoflungdung

Lisa...

Isn't the issue here summat transgender linked ,although it seems to have morphed into a different area .

I was referring to " ordinary people" dung times of war as you well know.

It is.

The club made a fairly innocuous move to say people could identify themselves as Mx rather than Mr, Mrs, Ms etc if it so pleased them.

Darran took it upon himself to be outraged. And this thread was taking the p*ss about it again.

Live and let live is my view. Others obviously have more time to find these things an issue for no good reason. As they used to about gay people. For no good reason.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 20:51 - Nov 27 with 1377 viewsclement

was obviously meant as in - not a boy - a man.

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Clement on Bonys performance today on 20:54 - Nov 27 with 1373 viewsDarran

Clement on Bonys performance today on 20:42 - Nov 27 by londonlisa2001

It is.

The club made a fairly innocuous move to say people could identify themselves as Mx rather than Mr, Mrs, Ms etc if it so pleased them.

Darran took it upon himself to be outraged. And this thread was taking the p*ss about it again.

Live and let live is my view. Others obviously have more time to find these things an issue for no good reason. As they used to about gay people. For no good reason.

Outraged?
Nah Psychic Sally I ain’t.

Login to get fewer ads

Clement on Bonys performance today on 21:03 - Nov 27 with 1359 viewslondonlisa2001

Clement on Bonys performance today on 20:54 - Nov 27 by Darran

Outraged?
Nah Psychic Sally I ain’t.

Yeah, we could tell, didn't cross your mind.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 21:07 - Nov 27 with 1353 viewsDarran

Clement on Bonys performance today on 21:03 - Nov 27 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, we could tell, didn't cross your mind.

Me outraged?

Clement on Bonys performance today on 06:42 - Nov 28 with 1290 viewsMo_Wives

Clement on Bonys performance today on 18:57 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

I think there are times when things go to far as well.

Certainly over the use of some language when it's obvious that the person has said something that was genuinely well intended.

And I rarely take issue with the 'small stuff'. I don't understand women who are bothered by men calling them love, as an example. Or holding a door open, or offering a seat (chance would be a fine thing on the tube these days as it happens). I also can't see any issue with people saying 'Chairman' or 'ombudsman' or anything like that - it's just what it is.

But sometimes small stuff is used to belittle wider issues. You see it frequently on this board. Someone will use an extreme example of people just being ridiculous as a way of making the whole problem seem trivial and overblown. They demean those who have faced genuine upset by effectively tarring them with the 'nonsense' brush. That's all. For me, political correctness just means good manners. As you say. Treating everyone with respect and not mocking them for the ways in which they're different.

I don't imagine there will be many if anyone that will choose to use Mx on their Swans season ticket. But honestly, if it just makes one person feel a bit better and makes them feel more welcome, given it doesn't adversely affect anyone at all, I think that's great.

That's all. I don't think for one second by the way I'm 'better' or more 'virtuous' because of the way I feel. I just find the thought of someone who to be frank, must find life more difficult anyway, being mocked, upsetting.

You have an idiots view of political correctness, I'm afraid. If it was just about "good manners", why not just call it good manners?. Why do we need a new word?
If it was about being correct why do we need to put 'political' in front of it. You should really have a sit down and consider what the label is saying.

We have seen the news coming out of Laurier University this week, where a young lady secretly recorded her professors bullying her for 'wrongthink'.
And you dismiss the small stuff, but every little tiptoe gets us further along the road. Totalitarianism does not just pop up over night. You keep introducing small steps..."how can people complain about this little thing?". It's called the totalitarian tiptoe. We are seeing more and more warnings, from universities, that this politically correct progressive ideology turns kids into bullying authoritarians. Please remember, these authoritarian kids will leave universities and one day may run the country.

The Nazis had something called 'Gleichschaltung' (gleich = same, schalten = force or bring into line) This was a technique used to get all German institutes and business to adopt Nazi ideology. Anyone who did not get in step was crushed. They were painted as hateful people who did not care about stopping the suffering of the German people by the crafty Jews. Slowly this brought all of Germany in step with Nazi ideology. Political Correctness is to todays liberals (I should say authoritarian left. there is nothing 'liberal' about them) what gleichschaltung was to the Nazis. A way of bullying everyone else to think the way they believe to be right.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Clement on Bonys performance today on 06:44 - Nov 28 with 1289 viewsMo_Wives

Clement on Bonys performance today on 19:40 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

Leftie sheep.

Ha. Ha ha. Ha.

*Baa baa baa

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Clement on Bonys performance today on 08:45 - Nov 28 with 1264 viewsMo_Wives

Clement on Bonys performance today on 20:26 - Nov 26 by londonlisa2001

Poor dab really is trying too hard today. It's painful.

Are you suggesting that if he acts a bit more nonchalant that people will think he's cool?

That's a very school playground mentality you have. I suggest he carry on as he wishes and f*ck how he appears to other people.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Clement on Bonys performance today on 11:24 - Nov 28 with 1217 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Clement on Bonys performance today on 08:45 - Nov 28 by Mo_Wives

Are you suggesting that if he acts a bit more nonchalant that people will think he's cool?

That's a very school playground mentality you have. I suggest he carry on as he wishes and f*ck how he appears to other people.

It is like 2014 on this forum again. I have an opinion that differs to someone, so I must be trolling. I thought we moved past all this when we all came together to distrust Jenkins and accept Monk laid the foundations for ruining our style of play.

It is a real shame to see the same people now doing the same thing to other posters, such as Darren and Jackfath, even our club manager Paul Clement.

I really do not understand the thought process this person uses.

Poster does not hold same opinion as me --> Make huge assumption/guess what they are thinking to conform to my opinion --> Accuse them of trolling/ taking the mickey.

The Clement/Bony/Abraham one was the most desperate attempt yet.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Clement on Bonys performance today on 11:29 - Nov 28 with 1209 viewsMo_Wives

Clement on Bonys performance today on 11:24 - Nov 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is like 2014 on this forum again. I have an opinion that differs to someone, so I must be trolling. I thought we moved past all this when we all came together to distrust Jenkins and accept Monk laid the foundations for ruining our style of play.

It is a real shame to see the same people now doing the same thing to other posters, such as Darren and Jackfath, even our club manager Paul Clement.

Poster does not hold same opinion as me --> Make huge assumption/guess what they are thinking to conform to my opinion --> Accuse them of trolling/ taking the mickey.

I agree, Soop. It's good to have different opinions being voiced. It helps us find the truth. But when people are dismissed as trolls, WUM's or similar, it gets us nowhere. Class room antics, if you ask me.

Edit - have an up vote
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 11:30]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Clement on Bonys performance today on 11:34 - Nov 28 with 1207 viewsTheResurrection

Clement on Bonys performance today on 11:24 - Nov 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wise up you clown, we're not a bunch of mugs on this site and know full well the games of you and those other 2

Try growing the fack up a bit and say something because you mean it, not to get some kind of weird hard on for whatever the fack it is that gets you through the day.

You ain't clever, not in the slightest.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clement on Bonys performance today on 11:40 - Nov 28 with 1196 viewsDarran

Clement on Bonys performance today on 11:34 - Nov 28 by TheResurrection

Wise up you clown, we're not a bunch of mugs on this site and know full well the games of you and those other 2

Try growing the fack up a bit and say something because you mean it, not to get some kind of weird hard on for whatever the fack it is that gets you through the day.

You ain't clever, not in the slightest.

Do you see Clement praising Bony on Saturday as having a dig at Tammy then?

Clement on Bonys performance today on 11:51 - Nov 28 with 1189 viewslondonlisa2001

Clement on Bonys performance today on 11:40 - Nov 28 by Darran

Do you see Clement praising Bony on Saturday as having a dig at Tammy then?

I was quite genuinely surprised when he did it as I thought it was blatant. I'm more surprised that others on here didn't think the same. I thought it was a really uncalled for dig at him.

He's done it a few times now (had a go at players). I don't like it when a manager does it. But several do. Mourinho is prone to it as well.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 13:24 - Nov 28 with 1140 viewsDarran

Clement on Bonys performance today on 11:51 - Nov 28 by londonlisa2001

I was quite genuinely surprised when he did it as I thought it was blatant. I'm more surprised that others on here didn't think the same. I thought it was a really uncalled for dig at him.

He's done it a few times now (had a go at players). I don't like it when a manager does it. But several do. Mourinho is prone to it as well.

Nincompoopery.

Clement on Bonys performance today on 13:39 - Nov 28 with 1127 viewsjack2jack

I've cut a pasted the stuff PC said in his post match talk. its just above my first sentence.
Its the stuff you can read between the lines.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 13:55 - Nov 28 with 1110 viewswhoflungdung

Live and let live for all ?

No way

Trite hackneyed trash.

It would mean ,literally, allowing ALL to do what they want to whom

Crazy

Clement on Bonys performance today on 13:58 - Nov 28 with 1107 viewslondonlisa2001

Clement on Bonys performance today on 13:24 - Nov 28 by Darran

Nincompoopery.

A couple of weeks ago Clement said this of Abraham:

“We want him to develop in all parts of his game, not just goal-scoring, and he has a job to help all parts of the team. He has a lot of talent, as he has shown at all levels he has played at.

“This is the biggest step. It hasn’t all been plain sailing since he’s been here, he’s had some indifferent performances, but he continues to work hard and listens to things we want him to improve on.

“If he keeps grounded, focussed and keeps working on the things we want him to work on he can go a long way.”

When Bony then made his first start Clement described it as a man's performance.

It's quite obviously related. He's been saying the same things about Tammy all season. He needs to work harder for the team. He needs to do more with his back to goal, he needs to work harder defensively, he needs to be patient with his team mates, etc etc etc.

He was pointing out to Tammy that Bony's performance in terms of his work rate and overall contribution to the team is what he is looking for. In effect, saying it's not just about scoring goals.

Given Tammy's age, referring to Bony's performance as a man's performance, is a clear indicator that he is trying to point out the progression he wants Tammy to make as he matures.

If you don't agree, fine. But my opinion is that it was aimed at Tammy.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:02 - Nov 28 with 1097 viewslondonlisa2001

Clement on Bonys performance today on 13:55 - Nov 28 by whoflungdung

Live and let live for all ?

No way

Trite hackneyed trash.

It would mean ,literally, allowing ALL to do what they want to whom

Crazy

No, it wouldn't.

As I've said on any number of occasions, it's about allowing people to live the way they want, as long as they don't hurt anyone else. So, as in this case, somebody self identifying in a particular way causes no hurt, or upset, or indeed any reaction at all in anyone else. It has absolutely no effect whatsoever.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:24 - Nov 28 with 1076 viewsJackSkellington

Clement on Bonys performance today on 06:42 - Nov 28 by Mo_Wives

You have an idiots view of political correctness, I'm afraid. If it was just about "good manners", why not just call it good manners?. Why do we need a new word?
If it was about being correct why do we need to put 'political' in front of it. You should really have a sit down and consider what the label is saying.

We have seen the news coming out of Laurier University this week, where a young lady secretly recorded her professors bullying her for 'wrongthink'.
And you dismiss the small stuff, but every little tiptoe gets us further along the road. Totalitarianism does not just pop up over night. You keep introducing small steps..."how can people complain about this little thing?". It's called the totalitarian tiptoe. We are seeing more and more warnings, from universities, that this politically correct progressive ideology turns kids into bullying authoritarians. Please remember, these authoritarian kids will leave universities and one day may run the country.

The Nazis had something called 'Gleichschaltung' (gleich = same, schalten = force or bring into line) This was a technique used to get all German institutes and business to adopt Nazi ideology. Anyone who did not get in step was crushed. They were painted as hateful people who did not care about stopping the suffering of the German people by the crafty Jews. Slowly this brought all of Germany in step with Nazi ideology. Political Correctness is to todays liberals (I should say authoritarian left. there is nothing 'liberal' about them) what gleichschaltung was to the Nazis. A way of bullying everyone else to think the way they believe to be right.

Yeah yeah yeah... only it's the exact opposite.

The ONLY people who use the term "political correctness" are those on the right who use it as a derogatory term. Those of us on the left just see this as normal behaviour and part of life, we don't have a name for it, it's just being accepting of people. Basically, if you're not hurting anyone, you get on with doing what you want to do and living how you want to live. Nobody should be denigrated for not matching our expectations of what's "normal".

Your example with the Nazis is the exact opposite of this, that was all about ingraining attitudes of discrimination and persecution against a specific minority group, whereas this is about attempts to request acceptance for minority groups. Frankly, as long as no one is getting hurt it doesn't matter whether I think it's right or not, I'm not bullying anyone into thinking something's right. It's not my business to decide whether it's right, it's simply about encouraging acceptance of difference.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:31 - Nov 28 with 1065 viewswhoflungdung

As long as they don't hurt anyone else" ...well, that s an expansion on your argument but who is the arbiter of that because an individual might well be thinking what you suggest but he or she would have a more subjective view .

No, not for me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024